PDA

View Full Version : NHC Partick Thistle Part Company With Manager Ian McCall

H18sry
15-04-2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/glasgow-sport/2011/04/15/partick-thistle-part-company-with-manager-ian-mccall-102692-23063252/ Jackie McNamara jnr named as caretaker, seems strange timing with only 5 games to go :confused:

R'Albin
15-04-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/glasgow-sport/2011/04/15/partick-thistle-part-company-with-manager-ian-mccall-102692-23063252/ Jackie McNamara jnr named as caretaker, seems strange timing with only 5 games to go :confused:

Maybe They want to see if he does a good job and maybe appoint him full time, and see the last 5 games as a good oppurtunity to try him out.

H18sry
15-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe They want to see if he does a good job and maybe appoint him full time, and see the last 5 games as a good oppurtunity to try him out.

Yeah but McCall left Thistle in a good position, has he another job lined up, Falkirk maybe once they punt caveman :wink:

joe breezy
15-04-2011, 04:47 PM
He was frustrated by the lack of money at Thistle.

Thistle kept selling off bits of land at the ground and now seem happy with a 6000 capacity stadium

It's sad, I used to go to Firhill every fortnight and remember crowds of almost 40 000 for old firm games and for other teams 12 000 or so

I always thought thistle had the potential for a 10 000 support. At a semi final a few years back against Rangers there were 15 000 Thistle fans and just over 20 000 Huns

Who are the teams now in Scotland that can pull a crowd? Hibs Hearts Old Firm Aberdeen seem to be the only ones now capable of getting more than 10 000

Shame but even if teams like Thistle, Dunfermline, Morton etc could get 4-500 that would be great but that's what Killie get on a good day in the top 6

Given this we will always be watching pish football..but I suppose that's the way it is

Sir David Gray
15-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah but McCall left Thistle in a good position, has he another job lined up, Falkirk maybe once they punt caveman :wink:

I wouldn't have thought so. There's still a lot of resentment from Falkirk fans towards McCall after the way in which he left them to go to Dundee Utd.

It was eight years ago right enough so maybe things have calmed down a bit.

Hibs Class
15-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Mccall seems to regard himself as the best manager in scotland yet consistently under delivers. Regardless of where he ends up next I suspect his career will end up being summarised as what could have been but full of non achievements.

Crab apple
15-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Mccall seems to regard himself as the best manager in scotland yet consistently under delivers. Regardless of where he ends up next I suspect his career will end up being summarised as what could have been but full of non achievements.
:agree: Much like his playing career.

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2011, 10:57 PM
McCall hates Hibs big time. He could neve hide it as a pundit. I think we get more praise off of Biscuits!

H18sry
16-04-2011, 08:32 AM

I wouldn't have thought so. There's still a lot of resentment from Falkirk fans towards McCall after the way in which he left them to go to Dundee Utd.

It was eight years ago right enough so maybe things have calmed down a bit.

From BBC gossip Ian McCall is set for a shock return to Falkirk after quitting as manager of Partick Thistle yesterday. :cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Not sure what the Thistle board think the potential of their club is, but in this season, Raith Rovers have done a lot more with a lot less.