PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Stacky to get punted?

R'Albin
15-04-2011, 11:53 AM
" It is likely injury-prone keeper Graham Stack and fellow shotstopper Graeme Smith will be released"

Got this off the Bounce, apparently it was in the Express, would be gutted to see big Stacky punted, although he's injured a lot I think he's a outstanding keeper, I'd give him another 1 year deal.

Franck is God
15-04-2011, 11:58 AM
we need our wage budget to be spent on players that are likely to be available every week. I know that it's possible that he never suffers an injury again but given his record in the last two seasons he's simply not worth the risk.

I was impressed with Stack on his last run of games but up until that point I would have picked Brown ahead of him anyway and the save that he made from McGuire on Saturday was absolutely outstanding.

Woody70x2
15-04-2011, 11:59 AM
" It is likely injury-prone keeper Graham Stack and fellow shotstopper Graeme Smith will be released"

Got this off the Bounce, apparently it was in the Express, would be gutted to see big Stacky punted, although he's injured a lot I think he's a outstanding keeper, I'd give him another 1 year deal.

Smith :taxi

Whilst Stack is clearly the kind of keeper we need, he has been unlucky with injuries therefore limiting appearances - but more importantly is viewed as being a horrible man by one or two on the board (allegedly).

Speedway
15-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Smith :taxi

Whilst Stack is clearly the kind of keeper we need, he has been unlucky with injuries therefore limiting appearances - but more importantly is viewed as being a horrible man by one or two on the board (allegedly).

Hibs board or this board Woody?

******less of how good Stack is (and our best runs certainly seem to coincide with when he's available) he's only a good keeper if he plays and the guy's constantly injured, not just for us either.

Woody70x2
15-04-2011, 12:53 PM

******less of how good Stack is (and our best runs certainly seem to coincide with when he's available) he's only a good keeper if he plays and the guy's constantly injured, not just for us either.

The high heid yins aka the suits

--------
15-04-2011, 01:11 PM

:agree: Brown, Divis, and one other experienced goalie to cover in event of injury or suspension. GS is unavailable too frequently, I'm afraid.

JimBHibees
15-04-2011, 01:14 PM
:agree: Brown, Divis, and one other experienced goalie to cover in event of injury or suspension. GS is unavailable too frequently, I'm afraid.

Personally dont really rate Brown, agree about Stack however if Divis isnt first choice come August personally think we would want to bring in a first choice guy and not a keeper as cover.

delbert
15-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Signing Cammy Bell would end all the arguments as to who the first choice goalkeeper was, because he is better than anything we have on our books at present.

JimBHibees
15-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Signing Cammy Bell would end all the arguments as to who the first choice goalkeeper was, because he is better than anything we have on our books at present.

Better than Stack? Is he that good?

delbert
15-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Just my opinion, I happen to think he is better than Stack, with the added bonus that he shows up most of the time !

ozzie
15-04-2011, 03:07 PM
smith has already been told his contract wont be renewed. dont know about stack, i would be tempted to give him a year to prove himself.

ancient hibee
15-04-2011, 03:10 PM
But not good enough for Kilmarnock it seems?

delbert
15-04-2011, 03:14 PM
He was frozen out by Mixu because he would'nt sign a contract extension, he is a free agent at the end of the season, that's why he was'nt getting played.

hibee1994
15-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Smith in my opinion, can go. I've never been impressed with him and he lacks the presence needed to fill the goal. Always gets beaten by low corner placed shots too. Why did we even sign him?

Stacky has been key in our recovery, made some fantastic saves and i think despite his injuries he should be given another shot. Not his fault a hamilton dude (McLaughlin i think) went straight into him.

Still want to see Divis get some action otherwise what was the point in bringing him in on loan. :confused:

DCI Gene Hunt
15-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Don't think letting Stack go would be a good idea, although injury prone he is a good keeper.

Smith - not bad but think he's had his time with Hibs.

G

stokesmessiah
15-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't think letting Stack go would be a good idea, although injury prone he is a good keeper.

Smith - not bad but think he's had his time with Hibs.

G

Wow - Really ???

erin go bragh
15-04-2011, 06:56 PM
cc is on hibs tv saying stack should be fit for pre season :wink:
ggtth