PDA

View Full Version : Inverness Away - Rant

offshorehibby
14-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm just on for a bit of a greet and a moan.
Been looking forward to Inverness away as Mrs OS and myself like a we weekend away. Moan 1 is it's a Wednesday night.
I recently bought vouchers through groupon for £20 for £50 of a hotel room at alpharooms.com. Sounds like a good deal. Looked at the prices for hotels. I then entered my voucher number and pressed search. Half the earlier advertised hotes disappeared and most of the prices go up by at least £10.
While i'm still getting a deal i feel conned.
End of rant.

iwasthere1972
14-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Been looking forward to Inverness away as Mrs OS and myself like a we weekend away. Moan 1 is it's a Wednesday night.
I recently bought vouchers through groupon for £20 for £50 of a hotel room at alpharooms.com. Sounds like a good deal. Looked at the prices for hotels. I then entered my voucher number and pressed search. Half the earlier advertised hotes disappeared and most of the prices go up by at least £10.
End of rant.

Deserves you right for trying to treat the wife on the cheap. :devil:

lapsedhibee
14-04-2011, 05:51 PM
End of rant.

All you need now is for the weather to be bad. That would be the last straw and fully justify a complaint to ICT. :agree:

lucky
14-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I was hoping it would be last game of the season. Or at least at the weekend. Good trip away. only decent game after the split ruined by being being midweek

Dunbar Hibee
14-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Its an absolute joke, like yourself was really looking forward to Inverness away a day out loads of bevvy and a good sing song. Doubt I will make it now with work at 9 the next day, well done another blinding decision SFA :aok::rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Had this pencilled in as this years daft away trip after Ross County last year.

Nae chance now if its a Wednesday.

Cheers SPL :grr:

Oh ... And Hamilton Sunday at 12 noon ... :grr:

The Sea-gull
15-04-2011, 10:10 AM
It is dissappointing as I would have liked a wee spring weekend in the Highlands but someone has to play them midweek.

Unless you are saying all of ICT midweek games should be away games for them.

basehibby
15-04-2011, 10:28 AM
This being the fixture list moaning thread, am I the only one that's pished off that EVERY easter and EVERY mothers day the SPL decide to schedule Hibs at home on the Sunday?
Those of us that like to enjoy a family life outside of football are always forced to compromise plans - wouldn't mind but it seems to happen EVERY year :confused:

delbert
15-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Not that I am a particular fan, but this decision has absolutely nothing to do with the SFA, its 100% from the SPL, and its the clubs who are the SPL and signed up to take TV's money, they know exactly what TV can and can't do before the season kicks off, so any rants should be directed equally at the clubs, they voted for a 12 team league, they voted for a split, they voted for the ESPN dosh.

In short, Hibs are as guilty as any other club in this, with the system as is, the SPL fixture guys have done well to achieve what they have, a lot of the comments kicking around on this website and others are ranting at entirely the wrong people, and the clubs who are moaning and sympathising with fans etc are nothing more than steaming hypocrites.

Bristolhibby
15-04-2011, 01:22 PM
This being the fixture list moaning thread, am I the only one that's pished off that EVERY easter and EVERY mothers day the SPL decide to schedule Hibs at home on the Sunday?
Those of us that like to enjoy a family life outside of football are always forced to compromise plans - wouldn't mind but it seems to happen EVERY year :confused:

Two points.

I remember when every boxing day game was an away game, for about 6 years on a row, (one of them being ICT away). We have been at home since 2007 (with the 2006 game against them at the smelly place).

I suspect we will have an away game on Boxing Day this year.

Also, I would like to have ICT away as one of the first games, I would definately fly to Inverness and go to the game, quite fancy it in the sun.

J

McKenzie
15-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Two points.

I remember when every boxing day game was an away game, for about 6 years on a row, (one of them being ICT away). We have been at home since 2007 (with the 2006 game against them at the smelly place).

I suspect we will have an away game on Boxing Day this year.

Also, I would like to have ICT away as one of the first games, I would definately fly to Inverness and go to the game, quite fancy it in the sun.

J
Petrie?

Joe Baker II
15-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Not that I am a particular fan, but this decision has absolutely nothing to do with the SFA, its 100% from the SPL, and its the clubs who are the SPL and signed up to take TV's money, they know exactly what TV can and can't do before the season kicks off, so any rants should be directed equally at the clubs, they voted for a 12 team league, they voted for a split, they voted for the ESPN dosh.

In short, Hibs are as guilty as any other club in this, with the system as is, the SPL fixture guys have done well to achieve what they have, a lot of the comments kicking around on this website and others are ranting at entirely the wrong people, and the clubs who are moaning and sympathising with fans etc are nothing more than steaming hypocrites.

Totally agree, if you want to direct blame give it to Petrie who is on SPL Board (and SFA in fact) and should be the target of such complaints from Hibs fans.

BIzarre outcome is that Hibs now have 3 home games at 3pm which many fans prefer, this would have been totally unlikely if we were in top 6, strange that current arrangement likley to mean some fans glad we have regressed tihs season!