CropleyWasGod
14-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Has this been mentioned anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13079105

Viva_Palmeiras
14-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Has this been mentioned anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13079105

Must be a real concern for the club clearly messages are not getting through whether it's a cultural thing and the players are a reflection of that or not the club tread a fine line as they nurture talent and try to recruit. Do we suffer more than most clubs or is it just we have a higher number through the ranks and it gets reported more?
Either way I wonder what parents make of this I know the club can't parent them but hopefully were fostering a culture that shuns this ESP drunk driving crazy how many have been caught

Andy74
14-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Kathleen More still representing Hibs players. An industry in itself I suppose.

.Sean.
14-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I'd have been surprised to see him make him make it on his goalkeeping merit anyway. I reckon he'll be punted sooner rather than later, with this charge certainly taken into account.

scoopyboy
14-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Personally I blame Anthony Stokes for this.

NOLA
14-04-2011, 08:08 PM
yet another young scottish "athlete" putting bevvy culture ahead of a promising career, sad.

Speedway
15-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Personally I blame Anthony Stokes for this.

I prefer to blame Jim Duffy in this instance.

Golden Bear
15-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Can't say I've even heard of Paul Grant up until today.

bawheid
15-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I prefer to blame Jim Duffy in this instance.

Jarkko Wiss. :agree:

Future17
15-04-2011, 01:57 PM
yet another young scottish "athlete" putting bevvy culture ahead of a promising career, sad.

I don't know if you're fishing but what a massive assumption that is from the information available.

The article states that his legal representative told the Court that he rarely drinks and no references are made to any previous offences.

Just as likely to be a silly, albeit serious, mistake. Hopefully one he learns from and doesn't repeat.

While there is an issue to be addressed with young Scottish people and alcohol, let's not blow every single incident out of proportion or we'll end up missing the real problems.

SmithyHibee
15-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't know if you're fishing but what a massive assumption that is from the information available.

The article states that his legal representative told the Court that he rarely drinks and no references are made to any previous offences.

Just as likely to be a silly, albeit serious, mistake. Hopefully one he learns from and doesn't repeat.

While there is an issue to be addressed with young Scottish people and alcohol, let's not blow every single incident out of proportion or we'll end up missing the real problems.

That's about right Paul (Bobo) is a good laddie all round and he's just been daft this once, hopefully he now screws the nut and gets kept on as he's got all the attributes to make it as a keeper, the name bobo gives away the physical size of him for a start! :agree:

ancient hibee
15-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Anyone that drives without insurance-drunk or not is a complete idiot.

lucky
15-04-2011, 05:16 PM
For me his behavior is unacceptable. I hope Hibs terminate his contract. It's time players showed a bit more of a responsible attitude

SRHibs
15-04-2011, 05:25 PM
^ Agreed.

About time we really put the foot down and made a concerted effort to get rid of the 'bevvy-loving' image that our clubs seems to hold currently. For the same reason, I wouldn't be looking to bring players like Garry O'Connor back to the club.

Franck Stanton
15-04-2011, 05:47 PM

"Bevvy culture"? Really, maybe the lad was just celebrating his birthday as stated and made a mistake driving home. Not condoning the fact he was drink driving but it just may have been his one and only time doing so - hardly "Bevvy culture" - reading of breath/alcohol was twice legal limit - approx 4 or 5[at most] pints of beer hardly a binge. Before all the anti drink driving brigade start spouting, yes, no matter hom much/little he was over he shouldn't have drove but certainly not "Bevvy culture".

BEEJ
16-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Can't say I've even heard of Paul Grant up until today.
:agree: I thought our first choice U-19 keeper was Calum Antell, a Welsh lad.

As for the offence - drunk driving plus driving without insurance - I reckon the club will come down on him hard.

booshsutton
16-04-2011, 07:09 PM
He has been caught twice the drink drive limit, crashed the car & then found to have no insurance, got a years ban and £435 fine!

I got caught speeding on the motorway near Kinross, 89 on a 70 road (stupid I know) and I got a 2 month driving ban and a £600 fine that was reduced to £400 because I pleaded guilty.

My Dad was caught drink driving the day after his mates funeral, stopped because he had a brake light out, breathalised and convicted with drink driving for being a tiny tiny amount over the limit. Got an 18 month ban and fine (forget how much it was).

While I am not excusing either mine or my Dads actions, how is it fair that we were dealt with so much harsher than the professional football player?