PDA

View Full Version : re forwards

staunchhibby
14-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Any thoughts on Garry O and Ivan for short term deals next season.Might enhance our forwards

McKenzie
14-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Would definitely take O'Connor, Ivan wouldn't be my first choice

LancashireHibby
14-04-2011, 11:23 AM
O'Connor in a flash if we could afford him. Would only take Ivan if the deal suited us.

offshorehibby
14-04-2011, 11:32 AM
While i was a big fan of GO'C when at ER, he has hardly set the ground on fire since he left. He also seems to be on the treatment table more than the football pitch these days. Ivan is a step back in my opinion.

Franck is God
14-04-2011, 11:34 AM
O'Connor clearly has injury/fitness problems that have seriously affected the number of games he has played for the last three years. For all I'd love to see Garry back at the club I'm not sure if we can afford to tie up a lot of wages in a player that may not feature too often.

I wouldn't have a problem with Ivan coming back to ER but if he does I'd like to see him employed as a striker rather than a winger as I think his pace would get him a lot of goal scoring opportunities in the SPL and with his clever runs and Spoony, Thornhill & hopefully Miller feeding balls through for him to run on to, I could see that winning a lot of games.

LancashireHibby
14-04-2011, 11:47 AM
The concerns about O'Connor's fitness are much the same as those about Vaz Te. Get a good pre-season and I don't see it being an issue.

Andy74
14-04-2011, 11:58 AM
We do need pace and some unpredictability at times so if he was cheap enough Ivan would be a good option as a squad player.

Garry O, yes please, no problem, could be just as useful as Stokes up here. Maybe not quite the same standard of finisher.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Only if we also bring back Murphy, Fletcher, and other Hibs old boy we can find who is still walking!
And even then only if we re-name this thread "Backwards".

seanraff07
14-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd definitely take O'Connor, if we did sign him then i'd like to keep Riordan.

BT58
14-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Wee ivans contract expires come june
Gives us some needed pace,,,no???

Baader
14-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Would like to see Garry O back. He'd have no problem scroing goals in the SPL.

Beefster
14-04-2011, 12:59 PM
O'Connor - if no-one better is available and he fits into Hibs' wage structure.

Sproule - nope.

TRIALIST
14-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Heard we have had two players under observation lately, dont know the outcome yet. Grella - US international striker from Leeds United and Ivan Sproule.

Jones28
14-04-2011, 01:17 PM
while we do need pace is it not a common consensus that sproule is nowhere near as fast as he was?
While i loved watching him in his first stint at hibs it's time to move on.

I would love to see o'connor back, one of the only players from that team that didnt screw hibs over by going to one of the old firm. Also, he would bang them in up here no problem

Beefster
14-04-2011, 01:52 PM
while we do need pace is it not a common consensus that sproule is nowhere near as fast as he was?
While i loved watching him in his first stint at hibs it's time to move on.

I would love to see o'connor back, one of the only players from that team that didnt screw hibs over by going to one of the old firm. Also, he would bang them in up here no problem

I'm not sure that had anything to do with O'Connor and I seem to recall him bragging in town about going to one side of the Bigots or the other at one point. He probably would have jumped at the chance, if they had come in for him.

sambajustice
14-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Sproule was crap.

Therefore, probably still is crap and not as fast.

ScottB
14-04-2011, 02:54 PM
O'Connor clearly has injury/fitness problems that have seriously affected the number of games he has played for the last three years. For all I'd love to see Garry back at the club I'm not sure if we can afford to tie up a lot of wages in a player that may not feature too often.

I wouldn't have a problem with Ivan coming back to ER but if he does I'd like to see him employed as a striker rather than a winger as I think his pace would get him a lot of goal scoring opportunities in the SPL and with his clever runs and Spoony, Thornhill & hopefully Miller feeding balls through for him to run on to, I could see that winning a lot of games.

I agree about O'Connor, if he is fit, then sure, but if he was fully fit bigger clubs than us would be in for him. Would be happy to give him a pay as you play deal for a year to let him get fully fit, then he can stay if he wants should he do so, or go somewhere else if he'd rather.

Ivan, no thanks, I'd rather keep the memories intact. His game was all about pace and he's now at the wrong end of his career.

MUPPET
14-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Sproule was crap.

Therefore, probably still is crap and not as fast.

Thank god someone talking sense! Heedless chicken (now a slow heedless chicken) no thanks!

HibbyKeith
14-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Heard we have had two players under observation lately, dont know the outcome yet. Grella - US international striker from Leeds United and Ivan Sproule.

Ain't this the guy that motherwell had signed on loan but couldn't play?

Last Minute
14-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank god someone talking sense! Heedless chicken (now a slow heedless chicken) no thanks!

I bet that's how you got your user name:devil: