PDA

View Full Version : Trakys Pakys His Bagys

Speedway
14-04-2011, 10:48 AM
In today's EEN, it confirms that Trakys is the latest to be given his chips.

McBride, Nish, Rankin, Dickoh, Trakys, Nish, Flynn, Currie, Nish, Moyes Hogg, Bamba, Zemmama...

Stack
Stevenson
Miller
Riordan
Byrne
Welsh
McCann
Thicot
Vaz Te

Still waiting to hear about.

It's quite the clear out and have we missed Bamba at all?

The Sea-gull
14-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Hadn't realised Dichov had been told he won't be getting a deal.

Wasn't too bothered either way about him but now means that CC will have to sign two centre halfs as only really Hanlon and Stephens on the books.

Moyes is gone without even getting a chance.

I'm assuming Thicot has been punted and Murray is only really regarded as an emergency CB.

Jones28

McBride, Nish, Rankin, Dickoh, Trakys, Nish, Flynn, Currie, Nish, Hogg, Bamba, Zemmama...

Stack
Stevenson
Miller
Riordan
Byrne
Welsh
McCann

I can see all the others still waiting to be offered new contracts :agree:
Hold on to the younger lads
Keep Miller, Riordan, Stevenson and McCann

Stevie Reid

McBride, Nish, Rankin, Dickoh, Trakys, Nish, Flynn, Currie, Nish, Hogg, Bamba, Zemmama...

Stack
Stevenson
Miller
Riordan
Byrne
Welsh
McCann

I liked Bamba as a player, and I have no idea if his form is still as it was when he became an instant cult hero at Leicester - but it could perhaps be argued that in both of his recent transfers, the buying club has gained a lot more than the selling club has lost.

Speedway
14-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Our Squad as of July as it stands is:

Brown
Divis
Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Murray
Booth
De Graaf
Thornhill
Scott
Palsson
Wotherspoon
Taggart
Horner
Smith
Sodje
Galbraith

We only need three more players in the summer and we're sorted.

McKenzie
14-04-2011, 11:21 AM

Brown
Divis
Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Murray
Booth
De Graaf
Thornhill
Scott
Palsson
Wotherspoon
Taggart
Horner
Smith
Sodje
Galbraith

wouldn't imagine the players in bold will still be around

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I liked Bamba as a player, and I have no idea if his form is still as it was when he became an instant cult hero at Leicester - but it could perhaps be argued that in both of his recent transfers, the buying club has gained a lot more than the selling club has lost.

Their results have tailed off quite markedly in the last two months. In early February everyone and their dog was tipping Leicester to at least make the playoffs, not so now. They have still been scoring a lot but have conceded a lot of goals (eg 3-3 at Middlesbrough recently, having been 3-1 up).

Speedway
14-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Oh, I dunno about that...

brydekirk
14-04-2011, 12:44 PM
:agree:

--------
14-04-2011, 01:05 PM

McBride, Nish, Rankin, Dickoh, Trakys, Nish, Flynn, Currie, Nish, Moyes Hogg, Bamba, Zemmama...

Stack
Stevenson
Miller
Riordan
Byrne
Welsh
McCann
Thicot
Vaz Te

Nish has been sacked THREE TIMES? I know he hasn't had much of a season but that seems a trifle severe, surely?

No arguments about any of the releases; hope we can sign most of not all of the others; any news about Smith?

Do we really need Hart and De Graaf? Those two are prime for replacement IMO.

--------
14-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Brown
Divis
Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Murray
Booth
De Graaf
Thornhill
Scott
Palsson
Wotherspoon
Taggart
Horner
Smith
Sodje
Galbraith

Is your Smith the goalie?

I'd say four at least - a replacement for Hart. he's way past his sell-by date. Really not sure about De Graaf.

Probably six, really - a RB and an experienced CB, at least two strikers, possibly a third goalie (how good really is Divis?), and someone who can do defensive/midfield duties because Ian Murray doesn't look really fit to me and I don't think we can rely on him starting games next season - OK as a sub, not a starter.

Release Graeme Smith, get in a straight replacement (or hold onto Stack if his surgery's gone OK).

Punt Hart and De Graaf if possible and make straight replacements. DG's replacement should be the reinforcemnt in midfield to make up for Murray.

CB, RB, and a forward or two.

Sloppy
14-04-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qNtNd-D4rQ fairwell francis :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2011, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2779707]Is your Smith the goalie?

I'd say four at least - a replacement for Hart. he's way past his sell-by date. Really not sure about De Graaf.

Probably six, really - a RB and an experienced CB, at least two strikers, possibly a third goalie (how good really is Divis?), and someone who can do defensive/midfield duties because Ian Murray doesn't look really fit to me and I don't think we can rely on him starting games next season - OK as a sub, not a starter.

Release Graeme Smith, get in a straight replacement (or hold onto Stack if his surgery's gone OK).

Punt Hart and De Graaf if possible and make straight replacements. DG's replacement should be the reinforcemnt in midfield to make up for Murray.

CB, RB, and a forward or two.[/B]

Did you see him when coming on against hearts? Slow cannae run cant pass and tackling is suspect at best. I'd get shot ASAP. If the rumour is correct and Dunfermline want him if they get up, we might even get rid without spending any money in a pay off. :pray:

Hibby D
14-04-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qNtNd-D4rQ fairwell francis :boo hoo:

I'm very disappointed at the prospect of losing him :agree:

--------
14-04-2011, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2779707]Is your Smith the goalie?

Punt Hart and De Graaf if possible and make straight replacements. DG's replacement should be the reinforcment in midfield to make up for Murray.

CB, RB, and a forward or two.[/B]

Did you see him when coming on against hearts? Slow cannae run cant pass and tackling is suspect at best. I'd get shot ASAP. If the rumour is correct and Dunfermline want him if they get up, we might even get rid without spending any money in a pay off. :pray:

I was trying not just to say 'punt him', bh, but he hasn't looked fit really all through this season. Sentiment aside, you're absolutely right.

--------
14-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Me too. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2011, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2779715]

I was trying not just to say 'punt him', bh, but he hasn't looked fit really all through this season. Sentiment aside, you're absolutely right.

Sentiment does not come in to this imo Doddie, he left us for the huns when his stock was high. Now its down with the likes of Nish and Rankin he can GTF as far as i'm concerned imo we don't need him anymore.

frazeHFC
14-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I am quite disappointed Dickoh is leaving. I think we can get better but he would be good enough back-up.

Bayern Bru
14-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I assume CC is priming Stephens to step into Frank Dickoh's boots?

Makes perfect sense. One signing that Yogi probably got right...which figures, as he never played him. :rolleyes:

steakbake
14-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Yes, I think he's good. Still, lets see who comes in instead before we get to despairing.

I like Stephens and think that he should get a turn.

Golden Bear
14-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I am quite disappointed Dickoh is leaving. I think we can get better but he would be good enough back-up.

:agree:

The big guy did ok and I'm a wee bit surprised that he's not been offered a further deal.

Robinho08
14-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Would like to see Stack getting maybe another year's contract to prove his fitness.

Andy74
14-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Where did the stuff about Dickoh leaving come from?

Golden Bear
14-04-2011, 05:16 PM

I was going to ask the same question but I just accepted what was already said.

greenlex
14-04-2011, 05:16 PM

Dunno Andy but that's a surprise to me. He has done more to earn a new deal than Riordan or Miller has this past year.

Golden Bear
14-04-2011, 05:19 PM

On reflection, I now seem to remember a wee something that was said on another board.

:wink:

James70
14-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I was under the impression Dickoh wanted to leave, nothing to do with Hibs offering/not offering a new contract.

MrSmith
14-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I was under the impression Dickoh wanted to leave, nothing to do with Hibs offering/not offering a new contract.

He was only on loan for the season as far as I recall!?

At The Edge
14-04-2011, 05:50 PM
He was only on loan for the season as far as I recall!?

i think his contract was only for 12 months, was a free agent when he signed.
get the feeling if this is true, that Dickoh wants to leave of his own accord, could be totally wrong though and as others have stated, Stephens is being primed for CH with Hanlon as our pairing for next season and the remainder of this season.

:cgwa

Bostonhibby
14-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Nish has been sacked THREE TIMES? I know he hasn't had much of a season but that seems a trifle severe, surely?

No arguments about any of the releases; hope we can sign most of not all of the others; any news about Smith?

Do we really need Hart and De Graaf? Those two are prime for replacement IMO.

:greengrin Ah yes, the Nish Brothers, from what I have read about them this season we can't take any chances eliminate them all, either that or the one 3 times.

sesoim
14-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I assume CC is priming Stephens to step into Frank Dickoh's boots?

Makes perfect sense. One signing that Yogi probably got right...which figures, as he never played him. :rolleyes:

I'm hopeful we will sign a couple of better quality CBs and Stephens and Hanlon will battle it out with them. I haven't saw Stephens yet but Hanlon hasn't convinced me he is good enough to be first choice next season.

Bayern Bru
14-04-2011, 06:54 PM
:greengrin Ah yes, the Nish Brothers, from what I have read about them this season we can't take any chances eliminate them all, either that or the one 3 times.

Also known as the Brothers Grim. :wink:

I'm hopeful we will sign a couple of better quality CBs and Stephens and Hanlon will battle it out with them. I haven't saw Stephens yet but Hanlon hasn't convinced me he is good enough to be first choice next season.

Stephens, IMO is good enough. He's good in the air and doesn't allow for so many bomb scare moments. Hanlon isn't far off it. To be made captain on more than one occasion suggests there's something there.

But two 6'5 centre backs built like brick sh*thouses wouldn't go amiss.:greengrin

J-C
14-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Sentiment does not come in to this imo Doddie, he left us for the huns when his stock was high. Now its down with the likes of Nish and Rankin he can GTF as far as i'm concerned imo we don't need him anymore.

The lads hips are shot with arthritis( something I know a lot about as I've had hip surgery for it ), constant pain killers and steroid injections, he'll be lucky to play after theis season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Murray moving to the backroom staf, maybe as a youth coach, he has another 2 yrs left on his deal I think.

BSEJVT
15-04-2011, 06:38 AM
The lads hips are shot with arthritis( something I know a lot about as I've had hip surgery for it ), constant pain killers and steroid injections, he'll be lucky to play after theis season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Murray moving to the backroom staf, maybe as a youth coach, he has another 2 yrs left on his deal I think.

If that's the case then Yogi and the board should be shot for giving him an extended deal, that lasts well beyond his expected "sell by" date.

We are a football club not a charity.

Particularly when IM moved along the M8 to chase money earlier in his career

Speedway
15-04-2011, 08:34 AM

Perhaps because he has 'came' into the team late in the season?

matty_f
15-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Perhaps because he has 'came' into the team late in the season?

The boy done good.

mon the cabbage
15-04-2011, 09:40 AM
We need a new centre back, 2 forwards and Right Back

Griffiths(loan)
O'Connor
Adam Rooney(when Griffiths goes back to wolves)
BAMBA
Alan Hutton(the last two wont happen)

That would be a good team

Keep:
Riordan
Vaz Te
Miller
Get towell on a Permanent deal