PDA

View Full Version : SPL survey

sunshine1875
13-04-2011, 09:09 PM
The SPL website has a survey about the new SPL media channel. I completed it and at every opportunity mentioned that whilst I would be happy to subscribe the a SPL channel, I wouldn't if it was an Old Firm 'love-in'. The more people that tell them that we would rather watch Dundee Utd -v- Aberdeen live rather than Hamilton -v- Rangers the better. Or hear about ICT players than the usual Old Firm tripe!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10164

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2011, 09:41 PM
The SPL website has a survey about the new SPL media channel. I completed it and at every opportunity mentioned that whilst I would be happy to subscribe the a SPL channel, I wouldn't if it was an Old Firm 'love-in'. The more people that tell them that we would rather watch Dundee Utd -v- Aberdeen live rather than Hamilton -v- Rangers the better. Or hear about ICT players than the usual Old Firm tripe!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10164

The vast majority of their subscribers will be Old Firm fans - that will decide who gets shown.

Hardly a surprise.

Geo_1875
14-04-2011, 05:18 AM
I completed it as well. Did take the opportunity to say that they can stick live tv football up their erchie. It will only be OF away games with the ocassional sop to the other teams. Saturday at 3:00 pm is what football is all about.

marinello59
14-04-2011, 06:10 AM
I completed it as well. Did take the opportunity to say that they can stick live tv football up their erchie. It will only be OF away games with the ocassional sop to the other teams. Saturday at 3:00 pm is what football is all about.

This is the sort of valuable input the authorities miss out on when they fail to consult the fans.:greengrin
How do you propose making up the shortfall in revenue from live matches by the way?

Beefster
14-04-2011, 06:27 AM
This is the sort of valuable input the authorities miss out on when they fail to consult the fans.:greengrin
How do you propose making up the shortfall in revenue from live matches by the way?

I'm sure they can double the price of our STs without any grumbling.....

To be honest, I won't subscribe to SPL TV but I have no problem with OF fans doing so and subsidising my ST.

Geo_1875
14-04-2011, 06:42 AM

The shortfall in revenue to the OF? If "fans" didn't have the excuse of watching games on TV they might find their way to Easter Road and increase revenue in the old-fashioned way. I'm getting tired of buying a sseason ticket and not knowing when half the games will be played, because of TV coverage. Saturday at 3:00 pm, that's what its all about.

marinello59
14-04-2011, 06:45 AM
The shortfall in revenue to the OF? If "fans" didn't have the excuse of watching games on TV they might find their way to Easter Road and increase revenue in the old-fashioned way. I'm getting tired of buying a sseason ticket and not knowing when half the games will be played, because of TV coverage. Saturday at 3:00 pm, that's what its all about.

My Mum writes me a note saying I have had a bit of a cold and can't attend the games.