PDA

View Full Version : Signing rumour

Rolo
13-04-2011, 08:59 PM
firstly don't shoot the messenger, nearly passed out when i was told - was convinced the guy was on the wind up, and struggled to sleep last night...

Guy i work with tutors at a college, 1 of the guys on the course is the ultimate donkey, Darren 'i run like a muppet' Dods.

Apparently Hibs and 1 other club have offered him a pre-contract for when his deal expires in June.

Bloody hope not as think CC's signings have been great so far and this would be a massive step back.

Please please please let it be a wind up

sleeping giant
13-04-2011, 09:02 PM
:hilarious

Rolo
13-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I hope i'm laughing come June too, but i'm crapping myself, this guy doesn't normally do wind ups and he's prev said about Dods being on his course - sports studies btw.

Nearly knocked him out for even putting the thought in my head

Hibs90
13-04-2011, 09:06 PM
:faf:

R'Albin
13-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I'd take him :devil:

Jones28
14-04-2011, 07:45 AM
surely if any defender we should be taking garry kenneth from united? ;)

Hibstrooper
14-04-2011, 07:46 AM

Really? Have you seen the size of him!

I'd just run away from him like a big jessie!

:take that

Franck is God
14-04-2011, 11:26 AM
For a single season I would say he would be an ideal signing, very solid strong centre half that would provide excellent experienced cover for a young talented defence.

The future is hopefully Stephens & Hanlon but we need someone to arrive that can step in for any match and not let us down, Darren Dods fits that bill perfectly

offshorehibby
14-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd rather have Ken Dodd

Geo_1875
14-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Dods would be the biggest bombscare we've ever signed. He's injured more team-mates than opponents in his career. Rather have Davie Dodds.

Peevemor
14-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd rather have Ken Dodd

Apparently his dad's dog's dead. :cool2:

Ritchie
14-04-2011, 12:38 PM
this isnt the 1st time ive heard this, rumours been going about since the end of last year.... his name keeps popping up for some reason.

doubt it's true!

jdships
14-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Born 7 June 1975 and the last time I saw him play for DUtd "milk turned quicker "
:wink:

Speedway
14-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Born 7 June 1975 and the last time I saw him play for DUtd "milk turned quicker "

More chance of Chic Charnley re-signing for us.

Beefster
14-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Dods is a treacherous barsteward but I don't believe that we're interested anyway.

McSwanky
14-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Apparently his dad's dog's dead. :cool2:

Don't you mean his dad's dog died??? :wink:

bawheid
14-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Dods is a treacherous barsteward but I don't believe that we're interested anyway.

:agree:

Never forgive him (or Willie Miller, btw) for deserting the good ship as she plunged into the 1st division.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Me tae, as I get older and less able / more gullible I am finding it harder and harder to keep on top of the back garden and I really need someone to cut the grass for me, the hedge is out of control and I can never find the time to count all the gravel to see if any is missing from last year. Darren could be just the man.

snooky
14-04-2011, 06:15 PM
surely if any defender we should be taking garry kenneth from united? ;)

Kenneth's a bigger huddie than Darren (see ya!) Dodds, IMO

Peevemor
14-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Don't you mean his dad's dog died??? :wink:

Did he?

hibbill2002
14-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Did he?
Naw Do.... nah I cannae say it.:wink:

lyonhibs
14-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Is Darren Dods even still doing his charade of being a professional footballer? I thought that particular donkey had been put out of his misery at least 2 years ago.
Resigning for Hibs indeed :faf:

nonshinyfinish
14-04-2011, 08:49 PM
I witnessed Darren's solitary Hibs goal, against Motherwell. It would have won us the game too, if only Oli Oli GTF hadn't decided to spill the ball in front of Owen Coyle...

On this sound logical basis, I declare that the 47 year old Darren Dods can Oli Oli GTF. :agree:

eastmainsmsh
14-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Always thought if dods had more pace he wouldve been a better player :wink:

HibbyAndy
14-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I'd rather have Ken Dodd

Id rather take ken dodds dads dug.

What a lot of complete tosh.

IWasThere2016
14-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Utter nonsense.

snooky
14-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I'd rather have Ken Dodd

Then we'd have Ken Dodd and the Diddy Men.
Geez & I thought we were coming out of the woods!

sauzee's-socks
15-04-2011, 12:28 AM
At the risk of being shot down, I think he'd do a job and help to develop the younger ones. Wouldn't cost the earth in wages either. Doubt we could afford to pay Kenneth.

AuldManDisguise
15-04-2011, 06:48 AM
At the risk of being shot down, I think he'd do a job and help to develop the younger ones. Wouldn't cost the earth in wages either. Doubt we could afford to pay Kenneth.
I agree with this. I wouldn't like it if he was the only CB signing this summer but as an aide to our promising youngsters and as an experienced CB he can do a job.

I'd like to see us sign Darren Barr from the Yams. From what I hear from the darkside, he's pretty much frozen out. Still a decent player imo and I reckon he'd do well playing in a team who try to at least play a decent brand of passing football.

Reckon they'd virtually give him away if, as I've heard, Jumbo doesn't rate him.

BT58
15-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Sorry AMD,,, but DB had his xhance to sign
for us,,, he chose unwisely for them
He can get tae
ive a few mates of the ****bo variety,,,
They reckon DB is !!!!!!
only tart i would want is webster,,

aberhibsfc
15-04-2011, 08:50 AM

Never forgive him (or Willie Miller, btw) for deserting the good ship as she plunged into the 1st division.

I thought the same re Dods, but as for Miller was he not pushed rather than jumped?

Craig_in_Prague
15-04-2011, 08:52 AM
we're also re-signing G Mitchell to help Booth along, and Evans will be a player coach too.

you heard it here 1st. Well, you actually read it. And I bet you wished you hadn't bothered.

:na na:

bawheid
15-04-2011, 08:52 AM
I thought the same re Dods, but as for Miller was he not pushed rather than jumped?

Jumped to Dundee and a chance to stay in the SPL, if I recall correctly...

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Utter nonsense.

:worried:

aberhibsfc
15-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Jumped to Dundee and a chance to stay in the SPL, if I recall correctly...

Well blow me, I thought he was a good guy.

Shared a few nights on the tiles with him, he liked to hold walls up with one hand or was it the other way around. Always came across as a sound bloke, I'm sure one of the Jambo wags thought so at the same time. Can't remember which players girl it was though. I'm sure it caused a bit of bad blood.

Red Hot Chilli Pepper club it was I think, but I always get confused between the club and the band.

I remember I was still playing footie at the time and he inspired some of my footie tricks. One trick he always used to do at warm-ups, where he would flick the ball up to his head then balance it. Talking of warm ups, can anyone remember Gerry Brittain warming up, jesus the boy looked so uncomfortable on the ball, but he still mangaged to carve himself a career in football.

Talking of sozzled players, I remember when we beat Dunfermline in the League cup, watching a few Dunfermline players squeeze a vegitated Eddie Cunntington into a car with a hot pizza on Lothian Road. He was sauced out.

GloryGlory
15-04-2011, 09:36 AM

ISTR it was all the "good" Hibbies in the team who jumped ship - Miller and Dods among them. Grant Brebner didn't extend his loan deal, although McLeish I believe wanted him to.

Peevemor
15-04-2011, 11:04 AM
ISTR it was all the "good" Hibbies in the team who jumped ship - Miller and Dods among them. Grant Brebner didn't extend his loan deal, although McLeish I believe wanted him to.

Brebner, having played well during his loan period, wanted to fight for a place at Manchester Utd. It was the sensible thing to do, even though it didn't work out for him there.

Stevie Reid
15-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Brebner, having played well during his loan period, wanted to fight for a place at Manchester Utd. It was the sensible thing to do, even though it didn't work out for him there.

I thought Brebner signed for Tommy Burns at Reading (apparently for a £100k signing on fee)

DC_Hibs
15-04-2011, 11:14 AM

Not so.

"Hibernian, where Brebner suffered relegation at the end of the 1997–98 season.
Brebner was then transferred permanently to Reading at the start of the 1998–99 season"

Peevemor
15-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I thought Brebner signed for Tommy Burns at Reading (apparently for a £100k signing on fee)

Not so.

"Hibernian, where Brebner suffered relegation at the end of the 1997–98 season.
Brebner was then transferred permanently to Reading at the start of the 1998–99 season"

Oops! :whistle:

brog
15-04-2011, 03:57 PM
I haven't had opportunity to talk to close friends/relatives of Darren yet but as I've heard nothing I assume this is up there with Jordi Cruyff & the 26 bus!
I think it's time however that someone defended DD re his move away from Hibs when we were relegated. Darren very much wanted to stay with Hibs but the fact is he was one of the poorest paid players at the club & he was asked to take a paycut to stay at ER. Don't forget Hibs had a huge budget that season, signing Franck & Russell for example. Darren went to St J, for not much more money but received a signing-on fee & was promised 1st team football which he has delivered for St J, ICT & Arabs for about a dozen years now. Darren would never claim to be the most skilful of players but he's a model professional who gives 100% in every game which is why he's still playing in SPL after 17/18 years as a pro. I wish we had a team of players with his commitment to the game.

Franck Stanton
15-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd rather have Ken Dodd

He could do Hibs tax returns. Seriously though, wouldn't take Darren Dodds back, he was one of the rats that jumped ship after getting us relegated, and apart from that is crap anyway.
Also mentioned on these threads that Kenneth would be a good signing - you really have got to be joking, the guys a complete bomb scare and couldn't control a medicine ball.

erin go bragh
15-04-2011, 06:50 PM

willie miller insisted that hibs wanted him off the wage bill and forced him to sign for dundee . source [from the man himself] he wanted to stay but had no choice
ggtth

ancient hibee
15-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I haven't had opportunity to talk to close friends/relatives of Darren yet but as I've heard nothing I assume this is up there with Jordi Cruyff & the 26 bus!
I think it's time however that someone defended DD re his move away from Hibs when we were relegated. Darren very much wanted to stay with Hibs but the fact is he was one of the poorest paid players at the club & he was asked to take a paycut to stay at ER. Don't forget Hibs had a huge budget that season, signing Franck & Russell for example. Darren went to St J, for not much more money but received a signing-on fee & was promised 1st team football which he has delivered for St J, ICT & Arabs for about a dozen years now. Darren would never claim to be the most skilful of players but he's a model professional who gives 100% in every game which is why he's still playing in SPL after 17/18 years as a pro. I wish we had a team of players with his commitment to the game.
Can the 26 bus play in goals?

totalfootball
16-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Im led to believe Ian Vigurs at Ross county will be signing in the summer, pretty much done and dusted!

BEEJ
16-04-2011, 09:20 AM
:greengrin He was slow when he was 26 and he'll be 36 in June. Not SPL standard any more - as has been determined this season at Tannadice.

There will be many better CB options for CC to consider in the summer.

I agree with this. I wouldn't like it if he was the only CB signing this summer but as an aide to our promising youngsters and as an experienced CB he can do a job.

I'd like to see us sign Darren Barr from the Yams. From what I hear from the darkside, he's pretty much frozen out. Still a decent player imo and I reckon he'd do well playing in a team who try to at least play a decent brand of passing football.

Reckon they'd virtually give him away if, as I've heard, Jumbo doesn't rate him.
:faf:

Priceless. Let's go for a Yam cast-off.

Not a chance. Hope Barr remains for the duration of his expensive contract and sucks them dry.