PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

The_Sauz
13-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Good story about the man in the Scotsman http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/After-bursting-onto-scene-as.6751028.jp?articlepage=1
:agree:

StarMan10
13-04-2011, 06:21 PM
he is a player looking to put himself in the shop window.. would love to see him at hibs past the summer but it seems unlikely

Beefster
13-04-2011, 06:43 PM
he is a player looking to put himself in the shop window.. would love to see him at hibs past the summer but it seems unlikely

How so?

HibeeSince85
13-04-2011, 06:49 PM
How so?

If we offer him longer terms he'll sign it.

sleeping giant
13-04-2011, 07:56 PM
If we offer him longer terms he'll sign it.

What makes you say that ?

Franck is God
14-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I would be holding fire on offering him a new deal yet. I was quite impressed with him when he came on against ten man Hearts where he got a lot of space behind the two main strikers.

Against Aberdeen I didn't think he looked particularly sharp yet, at times his touch was very good as was his movement but he did seem to want too long on the ball and a number of times lost easy possession.

He has 6 games to show he is worth a deal in the summer but he needs to show more than he did on Saturday.

Andy74
14-04-2011, 12:05 PM
More ability than the rest of them put together but obviously has hardly been fit since he started playing football.

He could be a bit special for us if he was to stay clear of further injury.

Speedway
14-04-2011, 12:17 PM
The fact that we're employing him for promotional duties suggests that we might look to keep him.

Albion Hibs
14-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I am happy to wait and see how he does over the next two or three games, I dont think we want to wait to long, if we decide he is worth it.

I have seen nothing that makes me think we need to sign him right now, he has had a few decent games, but in fairness to him probably needs time to adjust to the league etc etc.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2011, 12:21 PM
More ability than the rest of them put together but obviously has hardly been fit since he started playing football.

He could be a bit special for us if he was to stay clear of further injury.

Clearly some potential there but far too soon to make a decision IMO, hope he goes on to prove his fitness and worth, signs a contract and gets a full pre season under his belt. Not convinced this will happen though!

BoltonHibee
14-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I've said it before, and I'll repeat.

If we sign these sorts of players, we are showing no ambition whatsoever. This lad will never make it at the top level.

Just been speaking to a member of the coaching staff at BWFC, referred to him as "Bambi in Ice". He couldn't believe that he was given a contract, however short at ER.

Golden Bear
14-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Clearly some potential there but far too soon to make a decision IMO, hope he goes on to prove his fitness and worth, signs a contract and gets a full pre season under his belt. Not convinced this will happen though!

:agree:

As things stand, there's absolutely no reason to think he'll suddenly become a superstar with Hibs when his record indicates that he's failed to produce the goods on a consistent basis elsewhere.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-04-2011, 04:14 PM

If we sign these sorts of players, we are showing no ambition whatsoever. This lad will never make it at the top level.

Just been speaking to a member of the coaching staff at BWFC, referred to him as "Bambi in Ice". He couldn't believe that he was given a contract, however short at ER.

Well what sort of players should we be going for? Anyone of a top standard will be headed down south, either Champ or L1, this is the budget we have to work in. These sorts of players are where we are at, and are greater than those that can be attracted by the bottom 6 of the league, and our direct rivals Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc are on a downward financial spiral, Hearts have a sugar daddy.

BoltonHibee
14-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Well what sort of players should we be going for? Anyone of a top standard will be headed down south, either Champ or L1, this is the budget we have to work in. These sorts of players are where we are at, and are greater than those that can be attracted by the bottom 6 of the league, and our direct rivals Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc are on a downward financial spiral, Hearts have a sugar daddy.

Far better players than Vaz Te, I thought I made that clear in my original post. I don't really think you understand how poor this lad is.

Andy74
14-04-2011, 04:34 PM

What do you mean by 'these sorts'?

I know you didn't rate him from his time there but I've seen every time he's played for us and he has been very good.

Techincally he's a level above what we have and so for me he is exactrly the type of player we should have.

If we can't sign ex under 21 internationals recently with an EPL team then I'm not sure realistically who we can sign.

I'd pay money to watch him before most of the rest of our team.

.Sean.
14-04-2011, 04:43 PM
We were correct giving him a 6 month deal, but we should've insisted on an option on our part to extend it at the end of the season.

Bayern Bru
14-04-2011, 04:43 PM
That people are judging Vaz Te as a player on his time at Bolton and about 2 and 1/2 games worth in total for Hibs after several weeks/months without 100% fitness etc. seems a bit much.

There are plenty of players who for whatever reason make it at one club and not another. Calderwood clearly has an eye for a player - Palsson and to a slightly lesser extent, Sodje seem to back this up.

Vaz Te seems to be a talented player with an eye for goal - he was certainly head and shoulders above any other striker in the friendly against Bohemians - and I think realistically we need to give him more time.

hibsbollah
14-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Far better players than Vaz Te, I thought I made that clear in my original post. I don't really think you understand how poor this lad is.

Its going to be embarassing for you if he actually turns out to be a success for us, isnt it?

HibeeSince85
14-04-2011, 05:27 PM
What makes you say that ?

Just a feeling.

Dirkster23
14-04-2011, 05:41 PM

How did he manage to make 58 appearances for BWFC if he's so poor :dunno:

BoltonHibee
14-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Its going to be embarassing for you if he actually turns out to be a success for us, isnt it?

It's a chance I'm willing to take. And as for some of the tripe I have read on here about levels above what we have etc... Give me a break please!

He was sensational as a kid, he never pushed on with that potential really, injuries played there part of that there is no doubt. But he is where he is. The contract he was given at Bolton was 2 years too long in their coaching staffs eyes, he has failed at all clubs he had gone on loan to or been contracted too. He does not have the mentality to push on.
Don't take my word for it though, I am sure in due course people will realise just exactly what this lad has and what he doesn't.
I've been wrong about players in the past though, well once in fact so you never know :)

DH1875
14-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Nothing I'd like more than to be proven wrong but I honestly can't see why so many people are so keen to sign him up. Other than his goal against hearts I've thought he's been really poor.

bingo70
14-04-2011, 06:54 PM
It's a chance I'm willing to take. And as for some of the tripe I have read on here about levels above what we have etc... Give me a break please!

He was sensational as a kid, he never pushed on with that potential really, injuries played there part of that there is no doubt. But he is where he is. The contract he was given at Bolton was 2 years too long in their coaching staffs eyes, he has failed at all clubs he had gone on loan to or been contracted too. He does not have the mentality to push on.
Don't take my word for it though, I am sure in due course people will realise just exactly what this lad has and what he doesn't.
I've been wrong about players in the past though, well once in fact so you never know :)

Did you read the article in question? Sounds to me like he knows exactly what he's had and where he went wrong.

IMO 'rough diamonds' that have fallen off the rails a bit but have a point to prove are exactly the sort of player we should be looking for.

Also, i've not seen a huge amount of him since he joined but what i have seen he's been everywhere trying to get involved, so hardly the player with the stinking attitude you keep describing

Andy74
14-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Don't care about Bolton. I'm basing on what I have seen on him playing for us so far. Technically better than what we have on the brief showings so far.

DH1875
14-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Don't care about Bolton. I'm basing on what I have seen on him playing for us so far. Technically better than what we have on the brief showings so far.

We must have been watching different games cause I've no seen it.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I've only seen him play in one match as I wasn't at the St Johnstone game when he made his debut and I wasn't at the Bohemians, Celtic or Aberdeen matches either.

In the one match that I have seen him play (the derby) he looked better than any other forward player that we currently have.

I would like to see how he does from the start in our last six matches and then we should see at the end of the season if he has done enough to earn a new contract.

BoltonHibee
14-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Oh dear......

Sumner
14-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh dear......

oh dear indeed.. :agree:

... let's guess "better than Riordan" :yawn:

Andy74
14-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh dear......

Oh dear what? Did he **** your missus or something?

Andy74
14-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Recently, yes.

BoltonHibee
14-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh dear what? Did he **** your missus or something?

:) , you would think so eh?

Andy, I am happy in the knowledge that wouldn't know a footballer if he passed you in the street and can rest easy therefore in my own judgement.

Oh I forgot to ask Andy.... How is O'Brien getting on these days?

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2011, 11:17 PM
How did he manage to make 58 appearances for BWFC if he's so poor :dunno:

Good point. If the lad is as poor as BH is saying then 58 appearances seems a fair number, particularly for a young player.

Based on the few games I've seen him play for Hibs there is no doubt he is a gifted player. He looked paticularly good v Bohs when playing against a packed defence. He came in for some rough treatment that night but it didn't affect his game.

The big question mark for me is whether he has a strong enough temperament and is physical enough for Scottish Football. I've a feeling he may be a bit chicken hearted.

If he does well in his next few games, I'd give him a 1 year deal.

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Clearly we should all just listen to Jose Mourinho here. Despite this being a public forum I'm not sure peoples opinions are valid unless you've talked to a member of boltons coaching staff :s

Dunbar Hibee
15-04-2011, 06:00 AM
BoltonHibee you are talking utter *****. Vaz Te has been quality since coming up here, and if we give him a new contract he will be a star next season. I know this. I dunno what you have against him but why don't you give the boy a chance instead of slating him at every given oppprtunity. Ta. :aok:

Dunbar Hibee
15-04-2011, 06:01 AM

Yes he has been better than Riordan your right. Whats your point?

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Clearly we should all just listen to Jose Mourinho here. Despite this being a public forum I'm not sure peoples opinions are valid unless you've talked to a member of boltons coaching staff :s

Of course people's opinions are valid. I have one like anyone else. I am giving an appraisal of a player I have watched at various levels since his teens and am merely giving my opinion and that of some others on the lad.

You can read it, ignore it, agree with it, disagree with it I don't particular care.

It's merely an opinion.

We have seen some absolute crap brought to our club, particularly over the last few seasons. I don't really want to see too much more of that.

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 06:31 AM
BoltonHibee you are talking utter *****. Vaz Te has been quality since coming up here, and if we give him a new contract he will be a star next season. I know this. I dunno what you have against him but why don't you give the boy a chance instead of slating him at every given oppprtunity. Ta. :aok:

Fair enough, we shall just have to wait and see.

As for him being quality since coming here, you must have very low standards.

Arch Stanton
15-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Fair enough, we shall just have to wait and see.

As for him being quality since coming here, you must have very low standards.

Or you mustn't know your *rse from your elbow - one of the two.

mon the cabbage
15-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Vaz Te is one of our best players, reminds me of zemmama.
Hopefully he will sign a new contract

JimBHibees
15-04-2011, 10:18 AM
I think I would see how he does in the games to the end of the season, to be honest only seen him in the derby game and wasnt overly impressed though he took his goal well. He seems to have decent movement which we lack badly up front however he seemed to want to flick every pass rather than play a simple ball.

He obviously has talent however I am happy to trust in CC's opinion which will be based on games but also as importantly how he does in training each day of the week in terms of attitude and ability.

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Me and 6 or 7 other managers as well then, as well as countless coaches.

We shall see.

lucky
15-04-2011, 10:47 AM
He ls good enough for the SPL but not sure if he has the quality to play at a higher level again. The SPL is a poor standard and player will shine in this league if they put the effort in.

poolman
15-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Is this the coaching staff at Bolton who saw enough of him to offer him a contract :rolleyes:

R'Albin
15-04-2011, 11:18 AM

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Vaz-Te-open-to-extending.6752308.jp

:wink:

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Is this the coaching staff at Bolton who saw enough of him to offer him a contract :rolleyes:

No.

Dirkster23
15-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Me and 6 or 7 other managers as well then, as well as countless coaches.

We shall see.

Who are these 6 or 7 managers and countless coaches? He's played for Bolton, been out on loan at Hull and then signed for the Greek team. According to the article in the Scotsman it was agreed he could leave them due to financial difficulties.

Not a player who been through dozens of teams.

essexhibee
15-04-2011, 11:38 AM

As someone else mentioned...who else can we get then? Where do we attract players from then?

Very harsh comment imo. :greengrin

Cameron1875
15-04-2011, 12:06 PM
If BoltonHibee has seen him play that much then i wouldnt just write off his opinion guys. Anyway the article suggests he has had a lot of knockbacks in his career and that will either make him stronger or the reason he got them was that he isnt a great footballer.

He looks the type that would be flying in a team high in the league and played great when we had all the play against hearts. However against celtic when we were under the cosh he seemed a bit disinterested and if nish missed the header like he did he'd have got pelters:wink:.

We'll wait and and see.

Golden Bear
15-04-2011, 12:19 PM
The jury is still very much out in my opinion.

Vaz Te obviously has abilities but I have my doubts as to whether he'll have the desire and application to perform on a freezing cauld winters day at the likes of the Caledonian Stadium or Mcdiarmid Park.

But the same thing can be said of a few of the present squad I suppose.

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Who are these 6 or 7 managers and countless coaches? He's played for Bolton, been out on loan at Hull and then signed for the Greek team. According to the article in the Scotsman it was agreed he could leave them due to financial difficulties.

Not a player who been through dozens of teams.

4 managers at Bolton, one of which obviously signed him in the 1st place when he certainly showed signs of real promise, 3 of which were trying to punt him in one way or the other. Phil Brown at Hull when he was on loan and the Greek manager. He was offered to one of his previous managers when he had moved onto another club, he declined the offer.

You are right though he has not been through dozens of teams. We will see how gaffer number 7 takes to him shortly I would presume.

Thecat23
15-04-2011, 01:12 PM
4 managers at Bolton, one of which obviously signed him in the 1st place when he certainly showed signs of real promise, 3 of which were trying to punt him in one way or the other. Phil Brown at Hull when he was on loan and the Greek manager. He was offered to one of his previous managers when he had moved onto another club, he declined the offer.

You are right though he has not been through dozens of teams. We will see how gaffer number 7 takes to him shortly I would presume.

I think your not seeing the bigger picture here BH. When at Bolton he was still a very young and naive player who thought he made it. This lad speaks as though he has realised what he has done wrong and wants to now put it right. This boy has talent no doubt, so why not just lets see how good he is at Hibs and not what he was for anyone else, after all he's not there now he's grown up a bit.. and to me i think is a very good addition to Hibs. He's had injuries and looking to get his football back on track. It's good for both sides as we need players like him and he needs us.

BoltonHibee
15-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I think your not seeing the bigger picture here BH. When at Bolton he was still a very young and naive player who thought he made it. This lad speaks as though he has realised what he has done wrong and wants to now put it right. This boy has talent no doubt, so why not just lets see how good he is at Hibs and not what he was for anyone else, after all he's not there now he's grown up a bit.. and to me i think is a very good addition to Hibs. He's had injuries and looking to get his football back on track. It's good for both sides as we need players like him and he needs us.

No, I see the bigger picture. I want whats best for my team and that is why I am against this lad signing. Maybe he can prove his doubters wrong, maybe he can turn things around for himself, he has been given that chance on the East coast of England and overseas and it hasn't happened for him. Could it happen here? I doubt it. Look if he does turn it around then great.

Some footballers shine at an early age and then just gradually fade away into obscurity. This can be for several reasons. Bad luck, timing, loss of form, poor attitude, not good enough and the list can go on. We just have to face facts sometimes that we might not just be good enough for certain standards.

People should ask themselves this,

Why did no other EPL club fancy him? Championship side? League 1 etc etc

All I am saying is that surely from what anybody has seen of him so far in a hibs strip would they sign him up now?

What length of contract would they propose, on what wage?

It would be foolish. This lad is playing for his footballing career now, so imagine if what has been on view so far, is the best it's ever going to get....

I've said enough on the subject now, so i'll retire from any further debate on him.

I wish him well...........somewhere else

Thecat23
15-04-2011, 01:31 PM
No, I see the bigger picture. I want whats best for my team and that is why I am against this lad signing. Maybe he can prove his doubters wrong, maybe he can turn things around for himself, he has been given that chance on the East coast of England and overseas and it hasn't happened for him. Could it happen here? I doubt it. Look if he does turn it around then great.

Some footballers shine at an early age and then just gradually fade away into obscurity. This can be for several reasons. Bad luck, timing, loss of form, poor attitude, not good enough and the list can go on. We just have to face facts sometimes that we might not just be good enough for certain standards.

All I am saying is that surely from what anybody has seen of him so far in a hibs strip would they sign him up now?

It would be foolish. This lad is playing for his footballing career now, so imagine if what has been on view so far, is the best it's ever going to get....

I've said enough on the subject now, so i'll retire from any further debate on him.

Might be because his attitude at that time or injuries? I've no idea. All i know is i like the look of him and the way he seems to speak about himself and Hibs. I'm not Rod so can't tell you how much i'd spend as i have no idea what our budget is. But i know for a fact it wouldn't be much to get him to sign a 2 yr deal. Not to long not to short. If it works then great it's paid off if not then tell him he can go. Hibs can't attract players like other leagues can. We all want the best for Hibs here and i think you should give him a chance at least. I understand it never worked down there and that's fair enough. But you said would "we" Hibs fans take him after what we have seen so far? Well i can't speak for you or anyone else but YES i would take the chance.

Dirkster23
15-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Was it Allardyce that signed him and played him 58 times for Bolton? Hardly the signs of someone who didn't rate him.

He went out on a months loan to Hull presumably as short term cover. If Phil Brown didn't rate him why did he take him out on loan?

If you read the article in the Scotsman, it says his contract with the Greek side was mutually terminated as the club had financial difficulties. How does that equate to manager not rating him?

CC had him training with us before offering him a 6 month contract, he obviously saw something in the guy.

Sumner
15-04-2011, 04:07 PM

Recently, yes.

Yes he has been better than Riordan your right. Whats your point?

... 1 goal, a few flashes of talent here and there,
yes he seems good, but better than Riordan?
Oh dear, usual Riordan-bashing claptrap here :yawn:

DH1875
15-04-2011, 05:56 PM

I mustn't know my *rse from my elbow either. BoltonHibee, I'm with you mate :thumbsup:. Honestly don't get where this love in for Vaz Te has come from.

Andy74
16-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Just said recently. CC seems to agree as well.

Beefster
16-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Using your logic, we'd never sign anyone that hadn't been a roaring success elsewhere.

The 'playing for a contract' argument is nonsense too or we all accept that Riordan, Miller and the rest will never be better than *****, considering their form for most of this season.

Judge the guy on what he does for Hibs, not on what someone else tells you or what he did years ago.

BoltonHibee
16-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Using your logic, we'd never sign anyone that hadn't been a roaring success elsewhere.

The 'playing for a contract' argument is nonsense too or we all accept that Riordan, Miller and the rest will never be better than *****, considering their form for most of this season.

Judge the guy on what he does for Hibs, not on what someone else tells you or what he did years ago.

I am not basing what I say entirely on his history, I'm quite up to date on him funnily enough.

Do you think I would come on here spouting if I was taking somebody else's word for him?

Have a word with yourself.

Arch Stanton
16-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I am not basing what I say entirely on his history, I'm quite up to date on him funnily enough.

Do you think I would come on here spouting if I was taking somebody else's word for him?

Have a word with yourself.

You do realise none of us are mind-readers don't you? You have said nothing on this thread that would lead me to believe you have any footballing intelligence or knowledge whatsoever.

However, to quote your good self - I could be wrong. And indeed, time will tell.

Dunbar Hibee
16-04-2011, 11:48 AM

:faf: Away and don't talk nonsense, I have stuck up for Riordan countless number of times and still do as he in my eyes is a Hibs legend, but recently I think Vaz Te has shown a lot more than Deek, that OK?

The_Sauz
16-04-2011, 12:40 PM
BoltonHibee

Q1: How many young foreign players under the age of 18 have signed a contract with a team from the EPL.
Q2: How many off the above players are playing in the first team!

I only ask, as I don't follow English football at any level!!

DH1875
16-04-2011, 01:49 PM
BoltonHibee

Q1: How many young foreign players under the age of 18 have signed a contract with a team from the EPL.
Q2: How many off the above players are playing in the first team!

I only ask, as I don't follow English football at any level!!

You going to regret asking that cause I think you'll find the answer is 100s :tee hee:.

As for the first team, who's first team and are we talking 1 game or do they have to be a regular. Also if you trying to tell me Vaz Te was a regular for Bolton your having a laugh. In the 8 years since he first went to Bolton you'd be lucky if he's played 100 first team games combined (for all teams) and that's taking into account that more than half would have been as a sub.

ancient hibee
16-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Fabregas,Nasri,Ronaldo?