PDA

View Full Version : Yams Romanov and Liverpool

skyehibee
13-04-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2011/04/13/vladimir-romanov-i-was-mad-to-pass-up-opportunity-to-buy-liverpool-86908-23058045/

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

MB62
13-04-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2011/04/13/vladimir-romanov-i-was-mad-to-pass-up-opportunity-to-buy-liverpool-86908-23058045/

Another good reason to be a 'Toffee' :thumbsup:

Houchy
13-04-2011, 10:47 AM
He obviously realised that he could fleece the yams easier and that Liverpool fans wouldn't be so deluded and fall for al his false promises.

surreyhibbie
13-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Pure fantasy, I don't believe a word of it.

Matty_Jack04
13-04-2011, 10:50 AM
"I came over and checked what was on offer. The price was realistic for a serious piece of real estate and star players like Steven Gerrard.

Flats :greengrin

GloryGlory
13-04-2011, 10:51 AM
More delusion from Mad Vlad, methinks. If he has £200,000,000, where is the fabulous new stand for the 400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Yams supporters to watch their Champions League exploits and their World Cup stars every year.

Like the comment about "a serious bit of real estate", though. Flats, flats, glorious flats! Coming soon to a Gorgie near you! :greengrin

Houchy
13-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Are you seriously implying that Mad Vlad is not a man of his word and may be prone to tell a few porkies and is massively deluded.

You need to go and have a lie down in a dark room listening to Vlads subliminal message CD on world domination.:greengrin

After me... You are a strong, confident banker.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2011, 10:56 AM

:agree:

The guy just craves attention and being in the press..... Pie in the Sky

poolman
13-04-2011, 11:23 AM

He's got one thing right

But I got scared. By that time I had been beaten black and blue over Hearts in Scotland where they pictured me as an idiot. :bye:

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Utter baws as per from that fud, he craves meeja attention.

Hibs Class
13-04-2011, 11:34 AM

:agree:

Kojock
13-04-2011, 11:54 AM
He obviously realised that he could fleece the yams easier and that Liverpool fans wouldn't be so deluded and fall for al his false promises.

He also made approaches to Dundee United, Dundee and Dunfermline, but these were all rejected. What he really needed was a club where he could fool all of the people all of the time. Wonder where he could find one like that. :hmmm:

Twa Cairpets
13-04-2011, 12:03 PM
"It's not every day you are given a chance to become the owner of a legendary club"

Surely not suggesting that our neghbours are less than legendary is he?

Also like how every reference to the Yams is in the past tense. Lost interest much Vlad?

bawheid
13-04-2011, 12:11 PM
"It's not every day you are given a chance to become the owner of a legendary club"

Also like how every reference to the Yams is in the past tense. Lost interest much Vlad?

He's not thrown a spanner in the PBS works in a good long time.

Come on Vlad, sharpen up man!

Green_one
13-04-2011, 12:13 PM

So he could have bought Liverpool and doubled his money in 6 months. Instead he bought Hearts. Genius. Un-named Russian involved (of course) and a mention of the mafia. All sounds very real to me. If it was true I would presume he would have topped himself by now. Imagine sitting in the stand at Tynie thinking this could be the Kop and I could be quids in. Not that he now sits in the stand at Tynie - perhaps this is why.

Delboy4
13-04-2011, 12:28 PM
One Word: PHANNY...!

Woody1985
13-04-2011, 01:38 PM
What he's doing is trying to make himself sound good. Here's my take on it...

Someone has asked if he or anyone he knows would be interested in buying them.

He doesn't have anything like that kind of money so asks a rich associate who says they're not interested.

Perhaps he would have been able to put up a small fraction of the money towards a takeover but he certainly would not have been the owner.

It would be a bit like me buying a 5 percent stake in a company and then claiming I own it. Deluded.

If he did get involved he would have had to sell hearts. It's probably a bad thing that he didn't get involved because he would have had to shaft them to do so.

hibs0666
13-04-2011, 01:45 PM
He's got one thing right

But I got scared. By that time I had been beaten black and blue over Hearts in Scotland where they pictured me as an idiot. :bye:

He says he got the offer to buy Liverpool in 2005 but had already been beaten black and blue by the yams. Strange that, cos he didn't take control down there until February 2005 and was not yet in his totally crazy phase.

bawheid
13-04-2011, 01:45 PM
What he's doing is trying to make himself sound good. Here's my take on it...

Someone has asked if he or anyone he knows would be interested in buying them.

He doesn't have anything like that kind of money so asks a rich associate who says they're not interested.

Perhaps he would have been able to put up a small fraction of the money towards a takeover but he certainly would not have been the owner.

It would be a bit like me buying a 5 percent stake in a company and then claiming I own it. Deluded.

If he did get involved he would have had to sell hearts. It's probably a bad thing that he didn't get involved because he would have had to shaft them to do so.

Think that's a bit of an over-analysis Woody. You give the man too much credit!

He's a blether. Your opening sentence would have sufficed!

lapsedhibee
13-04-2011, 01:47 PM
He says he got the offer to buy Liverpool in 2005 but had already been beaten black and blue by the yams. Strange that, cos he didn't take control down there until February 2005 and was not yet in his totally crazy phase.

MVM in not making logical sense shock!

TRC
13-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Surely the yams must be going bananas at this if he has 200m to chuck at Liverpool he must be able to get some of those world cup stars :tee hee:. Utter harry haws

Not In The Know
13-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I wanted to buy a Ferrari the other day but i didn't.

I bought a third hand Audi instead, because that's all i could afford.

The same story but about cars.

Jack
13-04-2011, 03:40 PM

What you said or David Moores was taking the .... :fishin:

NO! not the fish :rolleyes: the **** :greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Vlad was (and is) Mad revelation! must be a slow news day.......... he is confident enough in his position over the fence to say it now as well.

No doubt this translates to the Yammish being even bigger than Liverpool. Just when he semed to have slipped out of the spotlight :trumpet:

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2011, 04:19 PM
No doubt the long term plan was to make Liverpool a feeder club for Hearts, who even now are so gigantic you can see them from space. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
13-04-2011, 04:27 PM
No doubt the long term plan was to make Liverpool a feeder club for Hearts, who even now are so gigantic you can see them from space. :rolleyes:

:greengrin Maybe it's nothing to do with football, he has so much money he was actually buying the city of Liverpool, then moving onto acquire Wales, Pontefract, the Isle of Man then the world, that would at least make it possible to finaLly overcome that little planning problem that is apparently the only obstacle to the completion of the Megasuperhotelstadium.

Mad, we're all mad, Vlad is the only sane one amongst us.

Springbank
13-04-2011, 04:34 PM

This is the real story here

Hibs Class
13-04-2011, 05:30 PM
He was genuinely interested until he found out he'd have to paint his submarine yellow :greengrin

greenginger
13-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I wonder why Vlad is bringing out an old story like this in a Russian sports mag. now.

Is he missing the publicity or is he "bigging " himself up to have another go at taking over that Russian Club he was interested in a couple of months ago.

The Jambos heading for a supporting role in Vlad's footballing pyramid.

IWasThere2016
13-04-2011, 08:22 PM
The Deluded Leader of the Deluded :agree:

Hibs07p
14-04-2011, 08:30 AM
There are some people who can.
There are some people who can't.
Mad Vlad is a slavering CAN'T.
End of! Fact!

Hiber-nation
14-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I've been trying without success to find the press report originally back in 2005 or whenever when Vlad spoke of the special relationship with Liverpool which would mean maybe bringing Reina and Sissoko to the yams (they ended up not being able to afford Darren Potter I think) to which a Liverpool director replied "Vladimir who?".

Jack
14-04-2011, 09:24 AM
There are some people who can.
There are some people who can't.
Mad Vlad is a slavering CAN'T.
End of! Fact!

Is that to the tune of 'he's one of our own?' :aok:

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I've been trying without success to find the press report originally back in 2005 or whenever when Vlad spoke of the special relationship with Liverpool which would mean maybe bringing Reina and Sissoko to the yams (they ended up not being able to afford Darren Potter I think) to which a Liverpool director replied "Vladimir who?".

Doesn't have the "Vladimir who" bit, but does have a report of a comical bid for Sissoko.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Romanovs-shock-bid-for-Liverpools.2739658.jp

About the same time he bid £25K for a pub team player with a tenuous Liverpool connection.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+We+couldn't+believe+it+when+Jambos+bid +pounds+25k+for+our...-a0140959560

Hiber-nation
14-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Doesn't have the "Vladimir who" bit, but does have a report of a comical bid for Sissoko.

About the same time he bid £25K for a pub team player with a tenuous Liverpool connection.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+We+couldn't+believe+it+when+Jambos+bid +pounds+25k+for+our...-a0140959560

Classic :thumbsup:

degenerated
14-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Carl Clampitt, i doubt it would even be possible to get someone with a surname more suited to the jamtards :hilarious

DCI Gene Hunt
14-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Been a while since we've heard any bizarre drivel from Commander Yamski. Still always good for a laugh, never a disappointment; the usual standard of verbal testicals from The Mad One. :tee hee:

G