PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Sell Out!

The Silver Fox
12-04-2011, 01:06 PM
It is definitely not going to happen this season but does anyone have a guess as to when there will be a genuine all tickets sold, your not getting in game at Easter Road?

Unless Hibs get into Europe I cannot see a game where there will be a sell out other than if next season is a complete turnaround in performance. Even Scotland matches would not sell out as if a decent crowd is expected then they will err on the side of caution and pick Hampden. It is a great shame as for me Easter Road is pretty much the perfect sized stadium, not overly huge where there is difficulty picking out players and there is not a bad seat in the house.

Hibercelona
12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
We should be selling out in every derby, regardless of our league position. And the club IMO should be doing more to get those empty seats filled up on these big occasions.

Theres nothing worse than seeing huge gaps in the stands when it comes to huge games.

IMO, give some free tickets away to young bairns and offer more deals.

I know the club has made some positive changes, but I still think they could do a bit more to fill those seats up.

LancashireHibby
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
If the gradual rise in derby attendances continues then that will be a sell-out game within the next 2-3 years I reckon.

hibs0666
12-04-2011, 01:44 PM
New Years Day 2012.

Geo_1875
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It's going to be difficult to sell out when any decent game is hijacked by Sky/ESPN and moved to Sunday morning. We will sell every seat in the ground the next time we play the OF or hertz at 3:00 pm on a Saturday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Depends what you would call a sell out? Logistically I would guess that 95% of tickets sold would be a sell out? Remember one season where Celtc's biggest crowd was against St Johnstone because they had little or no uptake of away fans. Although all the big games should sell well, if we are doing ok next year, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a roll-up game against a lesser team that draws the biggest crowd.

PaulSmith
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
We should be selling out in every derby, regardless of our league position. And the club IMO should be doing more to get those empty seats filled up on these big occasions.

Theres nothing worse than seeing huge gaps in the stands when it comes to huge games.

I know the club has made some positive changes, but I still think they could do a bit more to fill those seats up.

I think the club has done everything possible this season to encourage fans to attend but let down by the product on the park.

Shouldn't it be the fans who go week in and week also encourage their mates, family or work colleagues to attend rather

Vini1875
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I think what Hibs need is a team on the pitch for more than one season, that is doing the business. I think there are far too many sceptics in our support to be taken in by marketing ploys. Investment on the pitch is the only way we are going to start selling out games.

IWasThere2016
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
New Years Day 2012.

Only if not televised IMHO.

The best bet would be SC QF home to them .. and we're playing well.

DC_Hibs
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Only if not televised IMHO.

The best bet would be SC QF home to them .. and we're playing well.

Got me thinking with our new capacity of 20,250 if we were obliged to give more tickets to away fans for a Scottish cup tie. If it's a 20% rule I take it we would still be covered by giving c3900 in the south once hospitality seats were deducted for example.

Would hate to see any of those three getting more seats than the south stand allows.

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Did the Club offer free tickets or deals, when 38,000 went to Hampden for Livi Final? The Club can only do so much, if the fans don't want to go then that is the crux of the matter...... You can lead a horse to water etc......

Mikey
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Why is it always the club who has to do something? Why can't the fans do something? Why can't those who go to the pub, or stay at home to watch it, make the effort to go to the game?

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Why is it always the club who has to do something? Why can't the fans do something? Why can't those who go to the pub, or stay at home to watch it, make the effort to go to the game?

:top marks:top marks

Say it like it is Mikey......

Golden Bear
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Live TV coverage has a major influence on attendances and it's rarely that we have a home fixture v the ugly sisters or the really gigantic team which isn't featured on either Sky or ESPN.

just_joe
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Easter Road will never sell out again. I don't care what anyone says.

Golden Bear
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Careful now! :wink:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that ER could be selected as a future venue for a Scottish Cup semi final and dependant on the teams involved, a game like that may well be a "sell out"

JimBHibees
12-04-2011, 04:49 PM

What an odd thing to say. No doubt it will sell out a half decent European game would sell out ER every time as would a New Year derby as would an attractive Scotland friendly, as would a quarter final of a cup tie at home against OF or Hearts.

Greentinted
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Can't speak for the pub dwellers but for some of us, money has been a real factor. Many people have to work weekends while others may not be happy with the state of the game in this country overall. No doubt there are other significant, genuine reasons which preclude the attendance of football matches. Jings even the weather can influence folks decisions. No doubt this will be seen as a 'real fan' v 'part-timer' argument but I feel its too simplistic to be flippant to say 'get yer erse along!'

DH1875
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM

How do you figure? Was the last derby not only something like 2500 short. If we're playing well and pushing the yams for 2nd/3rd next season I see no reason why we wouldn't sell out.
Also people need to realize that both clubs have fans from outwith Edinburgh and when the games are at New Year some of these fans can't travel so it's harder to see it selling out.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
We'll sell out every game next season and have to split the South Stand to get everybody sorted.

Go on you Greens!

(Apos in advance for the positive post.)

sesoim
13-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Erm, money?

Or should we all be able to keep up with the 1200% inflation that the Hibs prices have seen since the mid-80s?

Personally, I know when I'm being ripped off, and although I still go to some games, I doubt I will ever be a regular again unless I come into money or Hibs make their prices reasonable for the product we have to watch. And bear in mind some of us have to travel to watch Hibs, it all adds up and at times it just doesn't seem worth it compared to the (other) necessities in life.

Watching a mix of live games and tv coverage will have to do me for the foreseeable I'm afraid.

jdships
13-04-2011, 09:37 AM
]It's going to be difficult to sell out when any decent game is hijacked by Sky/ESPN and moved to Sunday morning.[/B] We will sell every seat in the ground the next time we play the OF or hertz at 3:00 pm on a Saturday.

That's it for me :thumbsup:
We have ten friends/hibbees who live in Nth of England and for most of them it is just not possible to travel to Edinburgh for Sunday matches .
Taking this Sunday < with a noon KO , my pal in Blackburn would have to come up on Saturday and stay the night and wouldn't be sure of getting home Sunday night !
If he drove up he couldn't have a drink .
What does one do ?

For me it depends a lot on results on the park allied with a few "top name " signings as to when our first " sell out " will be - possibly next season :greengrin
:flag:

Keith_M
13-04-2011, 09:45 AM
It's going to be difficult to sell out when any decent game is hijacked by Sky/ESPN and moved to Sunday morning. We will sell every seat in the ground the next time we play the OF or hertz at 3:00 pm on a Saturday.

:agree:

Think of this for strange logic. Your team is on live TV, the game is moved to a strange hour for a football match, e.g. 12:30 on a Saturday, what does the club do to encourage more people to attend? That's right, increases the price by 20%.

Nope, I don't get it either.

darwenhibby
13-04-2011, 09:58 AM
We have ten friends/hibbees who live in Nth of England and for most of them it is just not possible to travel to Edinburgh for Sunday matches .
Taking this Sunday < with a noon KO , my pal in Blackburn would have to come up on Saturday and stay the night and wouldn't be sure of getting home Sunday night !
What does one do ?

For me it depends a lot on results on the park allied with a few "top name " signings as to when our first " sell out " will be - possibly next season :greengrin

Who is your mate in Blackburn?

Send us a PM.

There are a few of us who travel together, from Blackpool Warrington Wigan and on the odd occasion Bolton.

I sympathise with the same problem.

I don't mind travelling by train on Saturday or Sunday.
But driving is now a pain in the butt.

The Hearts game and the Hamilton game have kick offs before the first train gets in.

This make the option of watching on TV more easy.

Geo_1875
13-04-2011, 10:05 AM
:agree:

Think of this for strange logic. Your team is on live TV, the game is moved to a strange hour for a football match, e.g. 12:30 on a Saturday, what does the club do to encourage more people to attend? That's right, increases the price by 20%.

Nope, I don't get it either.

When did Hibs last increase the price of a Cat A ticket to over 30 quid? I can't remember that ever happening. Or are you referring to the fact that they charge a fiver more to watch them. Different price for a different product.

StevieC
13-04-2011, 05:07 PM
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that ER could be selected as a future venue for a Scottish Cup semi final and dependant on the teams involved, a game like that may well be a "sell out"

If a semi-final was even close to attracting the size of support to sell-out ER then it would definitely be played at Hampden.

The most realistic chance of a sell-out would be a cup game against the yams ..

.. unless Oasis get back together, and choose it as their Scottish venue.

PaulSmith
13-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Why are folk (i.e Hearts fans or bed wetters) actually bothered whether it sells out or not.

This season we have had the biggest home attendances outside the OF:

Rangers @ home 17,145
Hearts @ home 17,767
Hearts @ home 17,793

Hearts have broken the 17k barrier once (17,156)on Jan 1st.
Aberdeen have only managed to break the 15k once v Rangers.

The club now also have an opportunity to be creative in their pricing for one-off games and offer deals due to the extra seats available.

If we're in a better league position next season and are able to break the 18 barrier for 2 home games v Rangers and 2 home games v Hearts then it's another step in the right direction.

The stadium has a capacity of whatever it is, it's not a big deal to me to be honest but at least the club have aimed at a realistic high number rather than capping it at what 18000 when its quite conceivable that we'd have posts telling us how Hibs were short sighted and are turning away fans.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Why are folk (i.e Hearts fans or bed wetters) actually bothered whether it sells out or not.

Rangers @ home 17,145
Hearts @ home 17,767
Hearts @ home 17,793

The club now also have an opportunity to be creative in their pricing for one-off games and offer deals due to the extra seats available.

If we're in a better league position next season and are able to break the 18 barrier for 2 home games v Rangers and 2 home games v Hearts then it's another step in the right direction.

The stadium has a capacity of whatever it is, it's not a big deal to me to be honest but at least the club have aimed at a realistic high number rather than capping it at what 18000 when its quite conceivable that we'd have posts telling us how Hibs were short sighted and are turning away fans.

:top marks

Not much of a contribution by me but i agree with what you say.

DH1875
13-04-2011, 06:05 PM
What does one do ?

I'd also say that most of this applies to the New Years games which is why in my opinion it's the least likely, of the likley games to sell out.

JimBHibees
14-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I'd also say that most of this applies to the New Years games which is why in my opinion it's the least likely, of the likley games to sell out.

Really when there are thousands of folk in Edinburgh for hogmanay and thousands of people who stay elsewhere back in town visiting family and friends, out of all the games that would IMO clearly be the most likely sell out.

Andy74
14-04-2011, 09:30 AM

Rangers @ home 17,145
Hearts @ home 17,767
Hearts @ home 17,793

Spot on. We've already had attendances we couldn't have fit in previously, in a season where we could have been relegated.

Who cares about some empty seats? This is what made me laugh about Hearts singing about a poor home support which was bigger than any of theirs in years. With a bigger stadium it is sometimes going to look empty in some areas.

I can see certain situations where it would sell out.

LancashireHibby
14-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Hadn't really crossed my mind that we'd have the biggest attendances outside of the OF, but that's definitely something to be proud of, I reckon :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
14-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Rangers @ home 17,145
Hearts @ home 17,767
Hearts @ home 17,793

Completely agree.

basehibby
14-04-2011, 11:15 AM

:agree: Many walk up fans are going to give it a miss when the game's on at midday on a sunday and they can watch it down their local.

That apart though, I think one or two exciting signings over the summer together with a good start to the season could make a big difference.

basehibby
14-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Might be that some of them are skint and could really use some help from the club to make it more affordable - there is a recession on afterall.

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Rangers @ home 17,145
Hearts @ home 17,767
Hearts @ home 17,793

Great post. Our worst season since 97/98 and we still get over 17K 3 times. The dumbos are raging re our completed stadium compared to their slum.

Wait until CC has us flying high next season. The fans will be fighting to get in :flag::flag::cgwa :wink:

Phil MaGlass
14-04-2011, 11:58 AM
The club knows where the empty spaces are for most games, dont understand why were not giving kids football clubs free tickets and schools tickets.
The Hague do this and their crowds have more than doubled, kids end full almost every week,instead of crowds of 4-6 thousand they now sellout every week, mind you, they are 4th in the Dutch league at the moment.
What The Hague have done is fill a big part of the stadium with kids and clubs thus making the tickets for games a little more scarce, more folk are buying season tickets and clubcards scared incase they miss something.
Oh aye and its roughly only 160 quid for a season ticket (behind the goals.).

Andy74
14-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Might be that some of them are skint and could really use some help from the club to make it more affordable - there is a recession on afterall.

The average price paid is something relatively low like £13 a game.

If we drop much further we just take that off the playing budget.

Also, lower prices have never shown much increase in people attending. Results, that's about it for fans

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2011, 12:08 PM
The average price paid is something relatively low like £13 a game.

If we drop much further we just take that off the playing budget.

Also, lower prices have never shown much increase in people attending. Results, that's about it for fans

The average ticket price is down to the number of fans who buy a student ticket or an OAP or disabled ticket. They're not all entitled to these prices but that's what they pay.

We need to be complaining about the fans that turn up and rip the club off as much as the ones that don't turn up at all IMO. :greengrin