PDA

View Full Version : Question East

Ken
11-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know when the official opening of the new stand is?

blairwallace
11-04-2011, 11:41 PM
against rangers at the start of this season?:wink:

ElginHibbie
11-04-2011, 11:47 PM
against rangers at the start of this season?:wink:

:agree:

danhibees1875
12-04-2011, 12:12 AM

I believe the friendly against Bohemians a couple of mondays back was classed as the 'opening'

hibeeleicester
12-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Needs built first mate.

H18sry
12-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Are we getting another new East stand :confused: strange I'm sure we have just built one last season :wink:

marinello59
12-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Are we getting another new East stand :confused: strange I'm sure we have just built one last season :wink:

If they knock down the East I am never going back. Months of tradition should not be thrown away just because of Petrie's vanity.

sambajustice
12-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I heard the east stand is going to celtic so we probably will be on the hunt for a new one!

marinello59
12-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I heard the east stand is going to celtic so we probably will be on the hunt for a new one!

What's the old one up to these days? I have no idea where it is but I am sure it could come back and do a brilliant job for us.

nonshinyfinish
12-04-2011, 07:51 AM
What's the old one up to these days? I have no idea where it is but I am sure it could come back and do a brilliant job for us.

:bitchy: New one gives us more width.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2011, 07:51 AM

It'll be the game after they've put in the hot water!

Speedway
12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
How long is the new one contracted to us for?

There had better be a sell on clause.

PETRIE!!!!

hibsbollah
12-04-2011, 08:15 AM
The east stand puts in a power of unseen work and is very underrated. I dont know which stand some folk are watching

1two
12-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah they start building next month. Apprently Rod couldn't stand the sight of it being a different height from the other 3.

Official opening of the new stand will be in the forthcoming friendly V Aston Villa.

Mikeystewart
12-04-2011, 08:32 AM

I heard the same thing, pre-contract agreement, no loyalty in the game any more:agree:.

Speedway
12-04-2011, 09:13 AM
No big loss IMO.

The East is strong at the back but lacks something in the middle. There's better available to us out there.

Perhaps we could get a few stands in on trial, they'll be looking for a deal so they'll be keen to impress.

Knowing Hibs, we'll probably spend the whole summer searching and then sign restricted view as a deadline day panic buy.

I'm_cabbaged
12-04-2011, 11:57 AM
No big loss IMO.

The East is strong at the back but lacks something in the middle. There's better available to us out there.

Perhaps we could get a few stands in on trial, they'll be looking for a deal so they'll be keen to impress.

Knowing Hibs, we'll probably spend the whole summer searching and then sign restricted view as a deadline day panic buy.

But a restricted view in th EPL would still do a job up here. :agree:

Edit: just heard Arsenal are looking at a new big screen, you think the two of them could do a good job together?

heretoday
12-04-2011, 12:59 PM
It's gonna get hotter due to global warming so how about Hibs being the pioneers (as ever) and building a roofless stand?

I suggest a big terracing twice the height of the current one with a scoreboard at one end so the half-times could be displayed.

Pie stalls and brick toilets along the top would give a retro look to the whole thing and to encourage fans' fitness a semingly endless ascent of concrete stairs would stretch up from the turnstiles.