PDA

View Full Version : Nish

TRC
11-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Not starting a bashing thread but herd on Real Radio phone in tonight that he has been told he can go. Not seen anything on here about it, St Johnstone and a couple of teams down south are interested.

sixtwo
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
good luck to him. I heard dunfermline are trying to sign him. I wish him well but I would have been devastated if we had given him a new contract

Sergey
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
He was told he could go in January but couldn't agree terms with some Chinese mob.

A for clubs down south....Lower league Div 1/Div 2 (at best) is about his level.

As an aside, I saw Clayton Donaldson play on Saturday as I took in the Crewe match. He was truly rank-rotten. I doubt he'll be plying his 'trade' in the English league next season.

TRC
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
He was told he could go in January but couldn't agree terms with some Chinese mob.

A for clubs down south....Lower league Div 1/Div 2 (at best) is about his level.

As an aside, I saw Clayton Donaldson play on Saturday as I took in the Crewe match. He was truly rank-rotten. I doubt he'll be plying his 'trade' in the English league next season.
Has he not scored shed loads of goals this year :confused:

matty_f
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Did he not score a hat-trick the week before?

As for Nish, I think it's best for all concerned that he goes.

TRC
11-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Sorry 24 goals this year

CallumLaidlaw

Same Donaldson that scored a hat trick for them a week before and is 2nd top scorer in the league with 23 goals.

Nish reckons he'd decided before he'd even got on the plane that he wasn't gonna sign for them. Dunno why he went then!

ArabHibee
Not starting a bashing thread but herd on Real Radio phone in tonight that he has been told he can go. Not seen anything on here about it, St Johnstone and a couple of teams down south are interested.

I wouldn't believe anything I heard on that Rantic radio phone-in

woody47
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
As much as Nish is not good enough on the park, he is always welcome to join the singing section :thumbsup::cgwa

sixtwo
11-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Donaldson has scored about 25 goals this season.

He'll be in league one next season

Sergey
11-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Has he not scored shed loads of goals this year :confused:

I've just checked.....23 league goals....WTF!

In my 'defence'....the defences in lower reaches of League 2 are pretty dire :greengrin

He didn't have a good match on Saturday (but did score with a PEN)

Jones28
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I've just checked.....23 league goals....WTF!

In my 'defence'....the defences in lower reaches of League 2 are pretty dire :greengrin

He didn't have a good match on Saturday (but did score with a PEN)

Was it blue or black?

Coat?

iwasthere1972
11-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Good luck Nishie wherever you end up.

hibsboy90
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Whilst I think Colin leaving may be for the best, he played well on sat when he came off the bench.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Wherever he ends up i would wish Colin Nish all the best.

For all the stick he gets he managed to fulfil a dream that most of us never have or never will by playing for his boyhood heroes, and he scored a few important goals as well.

EasterRoad4Ever
12-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Right decision by the club. Right time for Nish to move on too. He was so bad at the end of last season that he criticised the Hibs fans for the stick he was getting - never a good move. Once he realised how stupid that was, he then played probably his best and only really decent game for the club - hat-trick in the 6-6 Well game. Since then, he's effectively run his contract down hardly kicking a ball in 12 months. One goal is truly shameful - even for a crap Hibs side.

Good luck, Colin.

lucky
12-04-2011, 07:35 AM
His best performance that helped Hibs was when he failed to turn up for Killie in the CIS cup final.

As a center forward he was truly awful. But somehow has managed to get a career in th Scottish football.

I'm not a fan

Speedway
12-04-2011, 07:57 AM
His best performance that helped Hibs was when he failed to turn up for Killie in the CIS cup final.

As a center forward he was truly awful. But somehow has managed to get a career in th Scottish football.

I'm not a fan

Really?

Tobe fair to the guy, all these weeks he's been sat on the bench and then been asked to go and warm up, he's stayed on his feet the whole time.

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Cut the guy some slack.
Falling on yer erse all the time is indeed tiring, no wonder he get's up and is panting with his hands on hips often. Maybe he should try skiing.
Fags, beer and often on your erse.

marinello59
12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Colin Nish played more good games for us than he will ever be given credit for. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.

--------
12-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Colin Nish played more good games for us than he will ever be given credit for. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Never rated him, and have no worries whatsoever he will come back and haunt us. Saying that i wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Stevie Reid
12-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Correct - his time is most definitely up at Hibs, but he was nowhere near as bad as many made out. I will maintain that I didn't see Colin miss many sitters for us and I believe that for the last 2 years he was utilised in the wrong way many times - as a result he probably leaves Hibs a worse player than he was when he arrived.

It's a shame that most people's memories of his dream move will be of him floundering hopelessly on his backside, but in saying that, his body language and attitude did him absoultely no favours most of the time. I wish him every success in the future except when he plays against us - but he's a nap to be a thorn in our side anyway.

Phil MaGlass
12-04-2011, 10:56 AM
For all the stick he gets he managed to fulfil a dream that most of us never have or never will by playing for his boyhood heroes, and he scored a few important goals as well.

Probably on his erchie, as thats where he spent most of his time on the pitch.
I always thought he was a decent player though..

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Yip always made a scapegoat, but tried his best. If he is released then good luck Nishy.... I wonder when the confirmation of exiting players will be released to the public domain?

Albion Hibs
12-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Totally agree mate. The stick he gets on here and from sections of the "fans" is unreal. But no matter how hard it is dished out he has done something none of us ever will, and regardless of the stick no one can take that off him.

I am glad he is looking to move on, I am sure he wants away from hibs more than the most passionate nish hater wants him to leave.

All the best Nishy.

erin go bragh
12-04-2011, 02:44 PM

:top marks all the best [exept if your playing against us]
ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 03:13 PM

:agree::agree:

I would give anything to play for the hibees.............

Jonnyboy
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Yip always made a scapegoat, but tried his best. If he is released then good luck Nishy.... I wonder when the confirmation of exiting players will be released to the public domain?

:agree:

Interesting that the Pars are being linked with him as he played for them before joining Killie

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
aw ra best nishaldo :agree:

hope he learns to stay onside at his new club:greengrin

MrRobot
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Lay off him. Nishy is a good guy and played well at times. Its a shame that he got made a scapegoat and his confidence took a hit. Wish him all the best wherever he ends up and only wish it could have turned out better for his boyhood heroes.

Good luck Nishy, hope he has a very successful career from here.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I've no doubts whatsoever that his time at Hibs has come to a natural end and it's best for both parties that he moves on in the summer.

However, I fully expect him to find himself another club in the SPL. Before Paatelainen left, I thought it was a certainty that he would go back to Kilmarnock since it was Mixu who signed him for Hibs, but that now seems less likely.

It may now be Dunfermline that he goes to if they get promoted.

I echo the words that others have said on here by wishing Nish all the best in his future career and that he is nowhere near as bad as many people on here would like you to think he is.

since90plustwo
13-04-2011, 12:08 AM
really nice guy, hes maybe not a great footballer but he doest deserve all the stick he gets. all the best colin! hibs cult hero after his 5 goals in 2 games that got us (briefly) into europe!!:thumbsup:

eastmainsmsh
13-04-2011, 12:17 AM
All the best to big Nishy :aok:

Unfair flak at times

Good Honest player who chips in with a few goals think Injurys and transitional periods ie changing managers have hindered his chances at ER

GGTTH

YetholmHibee
13-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Good!

I wish him all the best!

darwenhibby
13-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Always gave 100%.

Perhaps his all was not as much as others, but I always got the impression he cared about palying for the Hibs.

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 11:35 AM
All the best big man!

Nowhere near as bad as the idiots involved in the .net witch hunt make him out too be.

NeilOrrSquareBa
13-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Whether Nish is good enough or not for our club is worthy of debate (naw really?!!)

More importantly for me it shows Calderwood positively identifying and removing inappropriate playing staff and trying to replacing them with more capable players.

Before the work hawks swoop in I would qualify this statement by saying capability extends beyond ability and must embrace attitude and willingness to play for the team (woops watch out Deeks!)

Calderwood will create a strong unit that includes players with some ability but who also possess a strong work ethic. I think we will become tighter at the back and move more purposefully over the pitch. Whether we will include a maverick that can unlock defences with a pass or score goals out of nothing remains to be seen.
Most of all I hope that Calderwoood’s methods deliver results and success that is tangible more than measurable.

Going back to my dictionary now...:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2011, 11:59 AM
When we have folk questioning Riordans lifestyle ie drinking, he has wasted his talent and so on. Here we have a player with virtually no talent smoking. If thats not wasting any talent he had, i dont know what is. And its certainly not living the life an athlete should?

The centre halves could smoke a cigar when marking him, lets not get all romantic over a very very average player, who's contributed to his arse leaving the club with his lifestyle. And as for him giving a 100% every game, yes he did. Then 25 minutes passed and he was gulping for air.

darwenhibby
13-04-2011, 12:17 PM
When we have folk questioning Riordans lifestyle ie drinking, he has wasted his talent and so on. Here we have a player with virtually no talent smoking. If thats not wasting any talent he had, i dont know what is. And its certainly not living the life an athlete should?

The centre halves could smoke a cigar when marking him, lets not get all romantic over a very very average player, who's contributed to his arse leaving the club with his lifestyle. And as for him giving a 100% every game, yes he did. Then 25 minutes passed and he was gulping for air.

Just saying he gave everything he could. IF other players gave 100% we would not have been in the shambles we were.

Did they not teach you at school that you do not start a sentence with And:tsk tsk:

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Just saying he gave everything he could. IF other players gave 100% we would not have been in the shambles we were.

Did they not teach you at school that you do not start a sentence with And:tsk tsk:

And did he? :wink:

BoltonHibee
13-04-2011, 12:29 PM

He is just plain crap and should never have been signed!

There are plenty of top level footballers that smoke, in fact a large number of European footballers smoke. In the main they do this to maintain their weight, others smoke as they enjoy it. My point is that smoking perhaps does not hamper most players performance as you point out. Perhaps his general fitness through lack of effort was the real problem.

darwenhibby
13-04-2011, 12:31 PM

There are plenty of top level footballers that smoke, in fact a large number of European footballers smoke. In the main they do this to maintain their weight, others smoke as they enjoy it. My point is that smoking perhaps does not hamper most players performance as you point out. Perhaps his general fitness through lack of effort was the real problem.

He perhaps just needed a bit more time to fit into the Hibs Way of football.

It happens at otherclubs I could mention.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Cant argue with that Moray.

He perhaps just needed a bit more time to fit into the Hibs Way of football.

It happens at otherclubs I could mention.

:faf: :wink:

Jones28
13-04-2011, 12:42 PM
100% true now, it's in the Evening News :greengrin

proud_and_green
13-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I heard that this is all dependant on Dunfermline coming up. If they do they will make a bid for both Nishy and Murray.

I agree with all those that say Nishy was not half as bad as he has been made out to be. Ridiculous amount of negativity. Even some twat on the radio at the weekend describing somebody as complete colin nish - no call for it and downright rude!!!

Good luck to him whatever happens - a good Hibee!

Keith_M
13-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Even some twat on the radio at the weekend describing somebody as complete colin nish - no call for it and downright rude!!!

TBF to the pundits, he DID have a brilliant name for rhyming slang.

Reaper
13-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Not the greatest talent on earth but I felt he always tried, certainly no worse than certain golden boys at times. 11 goals in 24 games last season coming off the bench, nowt to be sniffed at if you ask me from someone who's major role was always as a squad player for the last few years.

Wherever he goes he goes with my best wishes. He WILL score against us if it's an SPL club though.

Hibiza
13-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Mixu reckoned he was a £1m player. Never looked like working, all the best thou.

essexhibee
13-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Good luck to you nishy wherever you go. I never rated you and god you caused me much frustration but for the fact your a good hibby I hope you move to a team and flourish.

Won't be missed imo but I wish him well.

Dunkin' Donut
13-04-2011, 02:51 PM

agree. all the people on here saying he always gave 100% are kidding themselves on. he wonders why he never got played in big games (dunno why coz he never turned up for any game let alone a big one)

Hakim Sar
13-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Delighted he is going. good news for all concerned. Scored a few goals for us but no longer required so let's just leave it at that.

soupy
14-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Can't believe he's leaving to be honest, always gave 100% :):):)

truehibernian
14-04-2011, 08:17 AM
On the pitch for 33 minutes on Saturday, conceded four free kicks, caught offside a couple of times, and booked for his troubles. For me that sums Colin up this and last season.

Far better, fitter, more intelligent strikers out there. Nice guys don't win football matches and good to see CC being a little ruthless, but in a dignified way. Wish Nish all the best but he has been awful this season.