PDA

View Full Version : Oxgangs

EdinICT23
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Abbeyhill is going to be too expensive. Whats the area of Oxgangs like? In partiular Oxgangs drive. I need something under 80k

fat freddy
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
oxgangs is improving all the time and if you can get something for around 80k you'll be doing well...firhill high has had a fortune spent on it,there are two decent supermarkets, tesco and morrisons, a library,a dentist, a police station and a doctors surgery...the only down side is the boozers...you couldn't pay me to go in the good companions as its too much like the jockey in shameless and the hunters tryst is tory central...most incomers head to morningside or over to the pavillion at buckstone for a bevvy.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Oxgangs is fine. Bit of a trek into town but really good bus services so not to big an issue. Decent local shops, couple of supermarkets, good schools, bookies, chippy, Chinese etc etc.

As has been said the pubs are a bit of a nightmare. I drink in the Good Companions now and again but it's not exactly an up market boozer, the Hunters Tryst is just rank, the kind of pub where having fun seems to be frowned upon. Upside is you aren't a million miles away from a few decent pubs on Colinton Road or in Morningside.

vein
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.espc.com/buying/294381.html

2 bed flat on the same side of town as Abbeyhill for 80K, just about a mile further out of town. Judging by your user name you wont be that bothered but its closer to Easter Road! Good selection of local primary and high schools, decent pubs nearby, etc, etc.

I used to stay down this way a couple of years ago and while I wouldnt give the area a glowing report the amount of flat you get for 80K is superb.