PDA

View Full Version : Dougie Imrie (Greggs!)

Reaper
11-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Was speaking to a work colleague who's wife works with the wife of a current SPL number 2 and there is apparently a persistent rumour doing the rounds that Hibs are monitoring the situation with Dougie Imrie at Hamilton as and when they get relegated. He is supposed to be one of their better paid players and they would look to offload him.

Can't say I know enough about him to comment, he's always looked tidy enough on the ball when I've seen him but I'm presuming it would be a squad player. St Johnstone and Dundee Utd are also interested,

Don't shoot the messenger, not saying I know it's true, just though I'd post it.

1875er
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Keep him away from the Pen's.... his one yesterday was embarrassing!:agree:

Reaper
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Keep him away from the Pen's.... his one yesterday was embarrassing!:agree:

Funny, that's how I think the subject came to light this morning lol

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 01:42 PM
He's no bad, but we should be setting our sights higher.

Hibs90
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
He's pish.

KWJ
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I really like Dougie Imrie, was just thinking yesterday if they go down I'd like to give him a punt even if midfield is where we're most blessed.

He won the BBC MOTM awards last season despite only playing from January onwards. Scored a contender for goal of season this season and while he ballsed that penalty yesterday he done very well to win it.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
He's pish.

I really like Dougie Imrie, was just thinking yesterday if they go down I'd like to give him a punt even if midfield is where we're most blessed.

He won the BBC MOTM awards last season despite only playing from January onwards. Scored a contender for goal of season this season and while he ballsed that penalty yesterday he done very well to win it.

Hibs.net at its best. :greengrin

WindyMiller
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM

BH that guy in your avatar disnae seem to have an Adam's apple.
:dunno:

Nando™
11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh I'm sure there's something similar in there, may not be apple-sized though..

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM

I think theres a wee miniature one hidden under that wee beard. :greengrin

aberhibsfc
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
The big questions are:

a) does he have his own website and is it any good

b) is he above 5'5

c) how many clubs has he played for

d) how many goals has he scored

e) does he respond positively to being booed

The only way we'll really know if their is any truth in Hibs looking at him will be if Hearts note an interest within the next few days.

essexhibee
11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Don't think these sort of signings are the ones to take us forward?

Who knows, but wouldn't be a very inspirational signing if we did get him.

Bishop Hibee
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I thought he had an excellent game in the 1-1 draw at ER earlier in the season.

Reaper
11-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't think these sort of signings are the ones to take us forward?

Who knows, but wouldn't be a very inspirational signing if we did get him.

Like I said earlier, I don't know enough to comment, however (i will anyway) CC will no doubt look to strengthen the squad and I'm realistic to know that we won't fill the whole squad with quality like Pallsson and Thornhill but it's maybe not a bad idea looking for Solid, dependable SPL players who are experienced in this league. I fully trust CC's judgement and if he does sign I'm sure he'll improve us. It is easy to write players off for a variety of reasons but obviously because he plays for Hamilton it's easy to see it as uninspiring, however you sometimes need players like this who maybe don't have the talent of others but bring their own qualities to the team (Just thinking back to the likes of Archie Lovell, who done the donkey work which allowed the likes of Latapy to play) just my opinion mind.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM

:agree: I think we should sign him so we can boo him properly, means nothing until he actually has the jersey on.

Removed
11-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I'd rather we signed Kirsten Imrie :yum yum:

yekimevol
11-04-2011, 10:33 PM
He's pish.

:top marks
:cgwa

IWasThere2016
12-04-2011, 05:57 AM
Do we still do midgets?

KeithTheHibby
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd rather we signed Kirsten Imrie :yum yum:

Mmmm, hubba hubba!!:wink:

rossi
12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Rather we signed Alex Neil if he wanted to stay in the SPL.

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Hibs never let potential signings out of the bag.....Who would have thought that we would have signed Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell.......I think there were no comments that Hibs were in for these players and we only knew they had been signed after the official announcement.

I would be surprised if Hibs were looking at Imrie, but they are professional and would hate to have stories leaked if it were true.....

JimBHibees
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Hibs never let potential signings out of the bag.....Who would have thought that we would have signed Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell.......I think there were no comments that Hibs were in for these players and we only knew they had been signed after the official announcement.

I would be surprised if Hibs were looking at Imrie, but they are professional and would hate to have stories leaked if it were true.....

While that is true there are other sources for any interest getting out such as friends/family of the player or more than likely their agent trying to drum up interest by others potentially increasing his clients and his own income.

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
While that is true there are other sources for any interest getting out such as friends/family of the player or more than likely their agent trying to drum up interest by others potentially increasing his clients and his own income.

True Jim, just my own personal opinion that there should really be no leaks.....

JimBHibees
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
True Jim, just my own personal opinion that there should really be no leaks.....

Certainly is the preferred route for a club like Hibs IMO who can be outbid by other clubs in a bidding war.

Cropley10
12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Like I said earlier, I don't know enough to comment, however (i will anyway) CC will no doubt look to strengthen the squad and I'm realistic to know that we won't fill the whole squad with quality like Pallsson and Thornhill but it's maybe not a bad idea looking for Solid, dependable SPL players who are experienced in this league. I fully trust CC's judgement and if he does sign I'm sure he'll improve us. It is easy to write players off for a variety of reasons but obviously because he plays for Hamilton it's easy to see it as uninspiring, however you sometimes need players like this who maybe don't have the talent of others but bring their own qualities to the team (Just thinking back to the likes of Archie Lovell, who done the donkey work which allowed the likes of Latapy to play) just my opinion mind.

Ay?! I sincerely hope that we're bringing in as good, if not, better quality than these two IMHO. Good as they may become, it just shows how poor we were for a few seasons in midfield.

This is a really good opportunity to change the strategy of buying quantity not quality. We've made a couple of decent signings, but there's plenty of work to be done.

Reaper
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Ay?! I sincerely hope that we're bringing in as good, if not, better quality than these two IMHO. Good as they may become, it just shows how poor we were for a few seasons in midfield.

This is a really good opportunity to change the strategy of buying quantity not quality. We've made a couple of decent signings, but there's plenty of work to be done.

I would sincerely hope we would bring in better than then but for the wages we pay I doubt it. We might get the odd rough diamond now and again but that's it. Could be (hope) wrong.