PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever football pundit

hibsbollah
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I give you...steven craigen. Can this man EVER say anything of interest?

Removed
10-04-2011, 09:37 PM

I do find it strange that as a current player he is on just about every other week. A bit more articulate than most though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Alan McInally was shocking today. I thought I was watching Villa TV!

Hibs Class
10-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Alan McInally was shocking today. I thought I was watching Villa TV!

He's generally rubbish. I don't understand what the tv folk see in him.

sixtwo
10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Craig burley. Absolute disgrace. He completely copied Andy Grays patter even to the extent where every piece of skill he witnessed was greeted by the shout ' take a bow son!'

I hate burley. He is vermin. He is a twat. I remember he was 'playing' for Dundee during one of their dodgy era's. There was a despute about wages and he hadn't been paid. About 20 mins ( i might be wrong it was a long time ago) into a game against hibs, he scythed down one of our players to deliberately get himself sent off. his view was if he wasn't getting paid, they weren't getting his services. He has all the morales of a schemie weedgie dole bludger!

sixtwo
10-04-2011, 09:59 PM
dean windass

He should come with subtitles!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2011, 10:00 PM
He's generally rubbish. I don't understand what the tv folk see in him.

Just in case he never mentioned it, he used to play for Munchen!

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Craig burley. Absolute disgrace. He completely copied Andy Grays patter even to the extent where every piece of skill he witnessed was greeted by the shout ' take a bow son!'

I hate burley. He is vermin. He is a twat. I remember he was 'playing' for Dundee during one of their dodgy era's. There was a despute about wages and he hadn't been paid. About 20 mins ( i might be wrong it was a long time ago) into a game against hibs, he scythed down one of our players to deliberately get himself sent off. his view was if he wasn't getting paid, they weren't getting his services. He has all the morales of a schemie weedgie dole bludger!:agree: He is a tosser.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Andy Walker is my pet hate. Phanny of the highest order :agree:

Hibeesb0unc3
Mick MCcarthy. This man at the world cup was awful. He was either comparing players such as messi to players at wolves or he always moaning about the game he was watching

Removed

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Pretty Boy
10-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Craig Burley and Andy Walker are good shouts.

Whilst he wasn't the worst ever i never, ever got the fuss about Andy Gray, should have had a degree in stating the bleeding obvious and his love in with the Premiership was nauseating.

Hibs Class
10-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Mark Lawrenson. Always seems to hate the game he's watching, always critical and seems to think he has a dry sense of humour. Doesn't realise how lucky he is to have the job he has.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Phil Thompson is a bellend too!

Loopz
10-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Ian Wright

TRC
10-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Lawrenson for me the boy slavers some drivel was watching motd2 tonight and almost chucked my beer at the telly, can't remember what he said to much beer and sun today but he gets right on my wick.

Jim44
10-04-2011, 11:33 PM
How come Alan Preston hasn't been mentioned yet? He is the most biased football pundit/ commentator in living memory.

LaMotta
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
How come Alan Preston hasn't been mentioned yet? He is the most biased football pundit/ commentator in living memory.

:agree:And the most annoying voice heard anywhere in the world ever.

Dinnae really see the problem with Craigan though - think he's better than most.

Cameron1875
11-04-2011, 05:07 AM

Very harsh i think. Seems to speak honestly and doesn't have any affiliation with old firm so fair do's.

This i do agree with. You'd be stunned to think he ever played for us.

lapsedhibee
11-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Just in case he never mentioned it, he used to play for Munchen!

In Germany?

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2011, 08:28 AM
A toss up between Walker & Preston for me.

Cant ever think of Walker saying anything positive about the game and as for Preston ...... A biased wee Yam twat who should never be allowed on the radio until he can stop wetting himself whenever his beloved maroon mingers string two passes together.

They really are a pair of :asshole:s

Stevie Reid
11-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Davie Provan - apart from the fact that he clearly hates Hibs given the amount of times he's attacked us in his newspaper columns over the years, he takes himself far too seriously and judges everything on his sliding scale of decency: -

"He's quite decent in the air"

"That was a very decent effort"

I'm just waiting for him to come out with something along the lines of "Well, it doesn't get much more decent than that"

Phil MaGlass
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Mark Lawrenson. knows absolutely ****all, and is just another BBC sour pussed arsewipe. BBC should get rid of Divots like Lineker and Lawrenson, worst punditry i ever witnessed was during the WC when none of these doughballs knew anything about any of the other teams, it was pitiful,cringeworthy and lacking in any substance, it still makes my toes curl thinking about it now.
Atleast in Holland our commentators know the ins and outs of opposition and give fair and balanced commentary.

Oh aye and that plonker Ian Wright. DOH!

Cropley10
11-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Alan Shearer.

For a player of his caliber and goal scoring ability he has absolutely nothing but the bleedin obvious to say. I've never heard him say one thing incisive, or interesting.

I should think he's paid no less than £500k per year as well.

BTW Walker, is a bellend, and I yield to no man in my dislike of the fud that is Alan Biscuit Preston.

Cammy
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

I was thinking the same. Seems to be the BBC's favourite at the moment. Wouldn't be so bad but he's a pretty poor player and an even worse pundit.

Hakim Sar
11-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Grew up with Gerry McNee as the voice if sportscene. Didn't particularly like him but for me he was the voice of football in my childhood. I'm afraid his pathetic fall out with Paul Gascoigne resulting in him referring to gazza as 'that number 8' was embarrassing. Kinda showed the world that he was a bitter old man.

Quite like Paul Mitchell for a yam and would listen to Terry Butcher.

But DEREK FERGUSON is the worst. Dean windass knows he is stupid and you kinda like him for his bricks for brains but I'm a nice guy approach. But Barry the crabs brother is a JOKE. He makes up words to sound intelligent. His one from the weekend was "lacklustrous"

oh dear.

Bobby's Cinema
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Steve Claridge by a country mile. The mans a complete tool :agree:

Hibby Bairn
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Where do you start?

Adebayor at the WC was woeful. Just terrible. Worst ever. On the other hand Clarence Seedorf was terrific. A real find.

John Barnes, Glenn Hoddle, Jamie Redknapp, Terry Venables, Alan "Sensational" Shearer, Mark McGhee, John Colquhoun are all terrible.

Best on English TV - Hansen or Seedorf - also quite like Redknapp snr.
Best on Radio - Craig Paterson :greengrin
Best on Scottish TV - John Collins or Tony Higgins :greengrin
Best no longer here - Brian Moore :aok:

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
If i'm being biased........ Alan Preston

If i'm being unbiased........ Alan Preston

Hamish
11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I was thinking the same. Seems to be the BBC's favourite at the moment. Wouldn't be so bad but he's a pretty poor player and an even worse pundit.

All about opinions but I think Craigen is one of the BBC's better pundits though BBC Scotlands output in general is extremely poor. They have a trailer stating the Sony award winning Sportsound - who the hell was on the selection panel, Beethoven?, Lugless Douglas?

Richard Gordon, Craigen and Paterson I can listen to - whenever the rest of the tribe come on, its switch off for me

Greentinted
11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Mark 'say what you see' Bright for me.
Would have been a superb contestant on Catchphrase though!

hibsbollah
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM

He's just SO dull. Everything he says is as predictable as the SPL itself. I yearn for him to tell us that Riordans favourite enlightenment novel is 'germinal' or Sasa Papac has a penchant for cheesy wotsits but nothing. He probably drives a volvo.

Pretty Boy
11-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Grew up with Gerry McNee as the voice if sportscene. Didn't particularly like him but for me he was the voice of football in my childhood. I'm afraid his pathetic fall out with Paul Gascoigne resulting in him referring to gazza as 'that number 8' was embarrassing. Kinda showed the world that he was a bitter old man.
Quite like Paul Mitchell for a yam and would listen to Terry Butcher.

But DEREK FERGUSON is the worst. Dean windass knows he is stupid and you kinda like him for his bricks for brains but I'm a nice guy approach. But Barry the crabs brother is a JOKE. He makes up words to sound intelligent. His one from the weekend was "lacklustrous"

oh dear.

Totally forgot about him.

He also fell out with Alex Ferguson and absolutely refuses to give him any credit for anything. My personal favourite was his description of a Man Utd team as 'pretty poor' and the 'one that will finally cost Ferguson his job', that team went on to win the league and Champions League. Clown.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Andy Walker every day of the week. Him and Charlie Nick.
I laugh out loud when I see the likes of Mick Quinn, Paul Merson and especially Kenny Sansom. They should start a panel with Alan Brazil. " What happens to footie players when they stop training....?"

Allant1981
11-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Chick young bugs me, dunno what it is but i just want to hit him everytime i hear his voice

Hiber-nation
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
On recent form Ray Wilkins by a mile....hilarious though!

cad
11-04-2011, 04:25 PM

I hate burley. He is vermin. He is a twat. I remember he was 'playing' for Dundee during one of their dodgy era's. There was a despute about wages and he hadn't been paid. About 20 mins ( i might be wrong it was a long time ago) into a game against hibs, he scythed down one of our players to deliberately get himself sent off. his view was if he wasn't getting paid, they weren't getting his services. He has all the morales of a schemie weedgie dole bludger!

Agree, the guys a cockend

At The Edge
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Preston - utter fandango
Can't take Stan Collymore either, no real reason, just annoys me
Spewin Euan Cameron when he was on real radio football and his commentry on games - sac

Adrian Chiles, Andy Townsend.... the list goes on and on,

:agree:

.Sean.
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Andy ******, Paul Mitchell, Ian Wright and the Sportscene dobber with the daft accent and goggly eyes can do one.

Chris Kamara on the other hand - Superb! I love his enthusiasm.

ancienthibby
11-04-2011, 04:30 PM
James Traynor.

No more to be said.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
11-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Surely the only real debate is whether it is Alan Preston or Ian Wright.

Lofarl
11-04-2011, 04:36 PM
There is very few I can listen to. Oddly enough I can listen to John motson as long as it's not England he is commentating on.

Preston, Cameron,walker plus just about any huddy who comments on spl football are tools. Pat nevin the exception.

In fact I prefer to listen to the guys on BBC alba, I huvnae a clue what they are saying but I bet it's more insightful. I was watching a dodgy link of the Aberdeen v Hibs game. It was being commentated by some Arabic chap. The only words I could make out were ebernian, Alex ferguson, man u and oddly enough Jamie langfield.

Was still better to listen to arabic than open all mics.

Seanair
11-04-2011, 04:39 PM
No one's mentioned yet Neil ("the players he's brung in") McCann.

Or my automatic reach for the mute button man--Clive (forever England) Tyldesley.:rolleyes:

seanraff07
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Can't stand Scott Booth, whether it was Setanta or ESPN he seemed to be anti-Hibs every time he commentated our games.

I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Mick McCarthy for over 2 mins as well.

soupy
11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I love listening to Ian wright, but only after england have been humped.

harry-hibee
11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I had always advocated that they should try someone who had never played for the old firm......but then along came Alan Preston.....Ach Well!

SkintHibby
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM

I've heard quite a few things about him over the years (away from football) and he's a nasty piece of work.

sesoim
11-04-2011, 06:32 PM

He's clever and likeable enough, but he is a total bore. Mind you, he is no worse than the "personalities" BBC have on the Championship show.

I sometimes wonder what criteria BBC actually look for when they employ people nowadays. Personality and charisma doesn't seem to count.

Geo_1875
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the reason that Craigan is so dull is that he is still playing and can't afford to upset anybody he might come up against. Imagine if he said all referees are cheating, OF supporting bassas. He wouldn't spend much time on the pitch during what's left of his career. He's a bit like Super Aly was when he thought he had a career as a puntit down south.

Anyway, it's Alan "Adenoid" Preston for me. Bitter, twisted, and those are his good points.

crewetollhibee
11-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Agree with most of the posts so far, but the 2 who annoy the bejesus out of me are Graham Taylor and David Pleat. Complete failures as managers who Radio 5 Live indulge as knowledgable sages. Add nothing to the commentary whatsoever, but yak on and on and on and on...........

sesoim
11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Surely the only real debate is whether it is Alan Preston or Ian Wright.

I hate Preston, but how could any Hibby not?! As for Ian Wright, he is an odious, arrogant, racist (he gets away with comments a white guy never would), over opinionated ******** with a huge chip on his shoulder. And how many times has he gotten into bother because of his personality now?

But to be fair, at least he isn't boring like the pc-friendly cardboard cut-outs BBC keep on employing now.

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Andy Wa?ker is up there just behind bellend Preston on my most hated pundit list.

jabis
11-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Andy Wa?ker is up there just behind bellend Preston on my most hated pundit list.

it's an " l "

agree with the rest of the post :greengrin

fat freddy
11-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Andy Gray and Richard Keys have ruined the mid morning/early afternoon slot on talkSPORT with their uninspiring natterings...they have nothing of note to say for themselves and the show relies on the guests that they can persuade to come on to help cover up their lack of charisma...compared to the legendary Porky Parry they are mice and i'm still angry that Porky was pushed aside to allow this pair of imposters to continue their careers in a medium to which their collective personality is sadly not suited...in radio you need to be able to work off the cuff whereas in the t.v.studio you can get by on a script and a few props...

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
it's an " l "

agree with the rest of the post :greengrin

Thanks for clarifying.

I sometimes get my l's and n's mixed up. Especially when mentioning that name. :wink:

Twa Cairpets
11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Can't stand Scott Booth, whether it was Setanta or ESPN he seemed to be anti-Hibs every time he commentated our games.

I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Mick McCarthy for over 2 mins as well.

Scott Booth also managed to do the bizarre thing of starting to say a sentence and just stopping. "Celtic are on the attack and they need..." And then nothing. Once you heard became aware of it it beccame absolutely impossible to watch a game with the volume turned up if he was co-commentating.

Preston is just a horrible wee yam - you dont mind pundits being fans as long as they do it with a bit of style and humour. Preston manages to imbue his yammishness with a kind of anti-charisma.

Andy Walker should have hot needles stuck in his testicles, as should Richard Keyes, Adrian Durham and Gerry McNee. By way of balance, Richard Gordon is excellent.

'Mon the Hibs
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Charlie Nicholas. Lawro. Walker.

On the other hand.... a lot of the continetal pundits are excellent- Seedorf, Leonardo (I know he Brazilian :wink: ), pundits on Spanish Football on Sky Sports, that bald guy that used to do Gazetta/Football Italia on Sunday C4. Oh, and of course the best....

Sauzee

Jonnyboy
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I still say Andy Walker :greengrin

Mind you, any pundit that didn't say 'missed it by half a yard' or that was only half a yard over the bar' might get my vote :wink:

Westie1875
11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Colin Hendry is awful as well, every time he is on ESPN he is always butting in and interrupting the other pundit when they are mid sentence. I don't know how they all manage to resist the urge to tell him to put a sock in it and wait his turn.

Bourne_Hibs
11-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Garth Crooks is one of the worst and I am surprised that he has not had a mention, he goes over the top over the slightest bit of controversy.

Bad pundits for me also include Roy Hodgson, David Pleat, Charlie Nicholas and Jim Delahun.

James Richardson on Gazetta Football Italia was a good pundit and had a great job.

I thought Schmeicel and Martin Jol were decent during bbc world cup coverage.

I always enjoyed watching Ian Wright after an England loss, the game where Northern Ireland won in Belfast was particularly good. Shearer is also a spectacularly sore loser.

Not too sure of the various ESPN pundits names but the brown nosing of the Huns in games against us is just too much.

steakbake
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Alan Green is an absolute ****.

Jonnyboy
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Now that is an excellent shout :agree:

steakbake
11-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Now that is an excellent shout :agree:

He's a bell end. Some people like him. His phone in is horrendous. He's a proper fud.

Stonewall
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
John Greig - Brain Dead.

LaMotta
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Garth Crooks is one of the worst and I am surprised that he has not had a mention, he goes over the top over the slightest bit of controversy.

Bad pundits for me also include Roy Hodgson, David Pleat, Charlie Nicholas and Jim Delahun.

James Richardson on Gazetta Football Italia was a good pundit and had a great job.

I thought Schmeicel and Martin Jol were decent during bbc world cup coverage.

I always enjoyed watching Ian Wright after an England loss, the game where Northern Ireland won in Belfast was particularly good. Shearer is also a spectacularly sore loser.

Not too sure of the various ESPN pundits names but the brown nosing of the Huns in games against us is just too much.

He does a Guardian Football Podcast a couple of times a week discussing the weeks talking points from uk and europe. - its well worth a listen

snooky
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Only two I have any respect for are Richard Gordon and Jim Spence.
Top honkers for me are ...
(Scotland) Jim <barf> Traynor & Chic <spit> Young.
(Engurlund) Mark O'Lawrenson & Phil <Hoovernose> Thompson
Mind you, having read all the nominees I have decided I detest them all except the two mentioned at the top.

Manxhibs
11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Craig Burley - I can not stand him and yet he keeps getting gigs, his voice makes my blood boil

steakbake
11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
John Greig - Brain Dead.

It almost rhymes.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Agree with this.

Cannot stand Alan Green.

The phone-in show that he hosted the day that England were pumped by Germany in the World Cup last year was absolutely awful.

If it wasn't for his accent, you'd never have guessed that he is from Northern Ireland.

steakbake
11-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Agree with this.

Cannot stand Alan Green.

The phone-in show that he hosted the day that England were pumped by Germany in the World Cup last year was absolutely awful.

If it wasn't for his accent, you'd never have guessed that he is from Northern Ireland.

He states he is an England fan.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2011, 10:12 PM
He states he is an England fan.

I'm shocked...

steakbake
11-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm shocked...

I think one of his lows was saying that the World Cup should be cut to 16 teams because he hadn't even heard of half the places in it and was it really worth watching teams like North Korea play.

He's just terrible. He's the Jeremy Clarkson of radio football punditry and he's just as much of a ******.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Mark Lawrenson
Scott Booth
Steve McManaman (was on ESPN America during world cup and was a complete knobend)
Dean Windass (he is just embarassing)
Alan McInally
Charlie Nicholas
Allan Preston (I hate this guy with a passion, never known someone so biased and unprofessional)

...the list is endless

Hillsidehibby
11-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Clive Tyldesley really gets on my thruppenys

ForeverHibs93
11-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Hansen, what an absolute to$$er, constantly going on about his beloved Liverpool, and living on their past glories, it's embarassing to watch his clear bias every single week on MOTD. Up here it has to be Craig Burley though what an absolute idiot!

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Burley is the worst IMO. He does some Seria 'A' games on ESPN and doesnt have a clue.
Favorite is Robbie Savage.He always tells it like it is and is very fair even to people he does not like or do not like him.

aberhibsfc
12-04-2011, 07:05 AM

aberhibsfc
12-04-2011, 07:07 AM

Despite being Irish he passes himself off as an Enland, EPL fan and laughs at Scottish football. Always will has and always will be better than Irish football.

He's an English sycophant.

Winston Ingram
12-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Craig Burley. When Setanta when tits I saw him not being on my TV as one of the few benefits.

He talks utter garbage. The fact he is so arrogant and sarcastic with it makes it worse

aberhibsfc
12-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Mark Lawrenson. knows absolutely ****all, and is just another BBC sour pussed arsewipe. BBC should get rid of Divots like Lineker and Lawrenson, worst punditry i ever witnessed was during the WC when none of these doughballs knew anything about any of the other teams, it was pitiful,cringeworthy and lacking in any substance, it still makes my toes curl thinking about it now.
Atleast in Holland our commentators know the ins and outs of opposition and give fair and balanced commentary.

Oh aye and that plonker Ian Wright. DOH!

English love in is one thing but it's this constant bumming things up and ridiculing the opposition, made worse by the fact that they don't do any homework.

They are always bad at world cups, Germany world cup they were going to hammer Trinidad and Tobago until the game came around then as usual were creaming themselves with fear.

All this EASY stuff and all.

EPL best in world, they invented football. Get lost, EPL might be up top for now but the best club team in world football are Barcelona and Real Madrid would prob beat most EPL. They are going to find it harder to go deep into international football competitions as their EPL showcase restricts English player development, hooray.

As for Iain Wright, they struggle to keep him in the studio as he attempts to appeal to their hoardes by displaying his passion or just being a whining baby. When they are doing well and he sits on his seat, he sounds like someone learning English as he attempts to impart his footballing knowledge.

sambajustice
12-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Still trying to work out whether Ray Wilkins is a hero or a tit!

The two main guys who do the spanish football are quite good. They don't make the game over exciting but they are quite knowledgable and obviously do their home work before the games.

hibsbollah
12-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Agree. Cant stand him. Hes more of a commentator than a pundit, hence i never included him at first.

James richardson should run a punditry school, hes by far the best.

James70
12-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Gary Lineker, if he can be called a pundit that is.

He doesn't seem to have opinions of his own and must be the most boring presenter on TV as well as the highest paid. Someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time and deliberately avoids being controversial.

I hate Preston with a passion too.

Speedway
12-04-2011, 09:04 AM
How come no-one's mentioned Alan Preston yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYJCn6EPTQ&feature=related--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCEN7Mh7Qc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXAWokm_8w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIr6Xf0858&NR=1

These from Kamara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafQIDyuCwc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7Ptkho39I&feature=related

But The Worst Of All:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

JimBHibees
12-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Still trying to work out whether Ray Wilkins is a hero or a tit!

Definitely the latter. Absolutely awful IMO.

As for Preston he shouldnt get the airspace given how biased he is against Hibs.

Greentinted
12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
How come no-one's mentioned Alan Preston yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYJCn6EPTQ&feature=related--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCEN7Mh7Qc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXAWokm_8w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIr6Xf0858&NR=1

These from Kamara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafQIDyuCwc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7Ptkho39I&feature=related

But The Worst Of All:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 :tee hee:

The Baldmans Comb
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Good to see James Richardson get more than a few mentions though he is sadly under employed.Richard Gordon does very well considering the collection of fools and loudmouths he is trying to control.:greengrin

Has anyone mentioned the childrens football commentator Billy Dodds yet and of course everyone has mentioned Preston.

Of those no longer with us Brian Moore was completley overrated as was Bob Crampsey and Archie was so bad he was good (Ah no he isnae deid).

heretoday
13-04-2011, 12:29 PM
It's all a matter of personal taste. I don't like Richard Gordon unlike some on here. I'll not forget his undisguised relish when Scotland were going through a bad patch a while ago.

I'd say in general that any pundit who tries to be funny or laddish on air can take a hike. Same with commentators like Clive Tyldesley who make snide remarks about players they don't fancy.

I don't see the need for commentators at all actually. I wish there was a red button that cut them out and left us with the crowd noise.

Jones28
13-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Craig Burley, Mark Lawrenson, Colin Murray, John Cockhoon and Alan Preston.

Cant stand any of them.

How Dean Windass got a job as a Sky Sports pundit is beyond me also :agree:

hibsbollah
13-04-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't see the need for commentators at all actually. I wish there was a red button that cut them out and left us with the crowd noise.

ive often thought the same.

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2011, 01:14 PM
The guy that presents Sky's La Liga coverage is OK...as are the commentators.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2011, 01:19 PM
The guy that presents Sky's La Liga coverage is OK...as are the commentators.

Considering the effort Sky put into marketing the Premier League as the 'best in the world' the quaity of the coverage is shockingly poor when compared to their coverage of La Liga.

Guillem Balague and Michel Salgado are both brilliant pundits/analysts, even taking into account the fact they are supporters of Espanyol and Real Madrid respectively.:greengrin

sambajustice
13-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Ewan Cameron.

Hibiza
13-04-2011, 02:35 PM
spot on samba, another waste Archie macpherson , thankfully retired I hope

Albanian Hibs
13-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Who is the guy that commentates on ESPN along with Burley? His voice does my head in, he does sound like one of the sky sports news reporters, Brian someone?, he really gets on my tits.

Hibiza
13-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Pat Nevin. superb

essexhibee
13-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Craig burley. Does he ever stop moaning!?

keep the faith
13-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Clive Tyldesley really gets on my thruppenys

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Unbearable!!!

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I find Jamie Redknapp always gives a sound analysis, even moreso when sitting beside the moronic Wilkins.

Hibbie_Cameron
13-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Considering the effort Sky put into marketing the Premier League as the 'best in the world' the quaity of the coverage is shockingly poor when compared to their coverage of La Liga.

Guillem Balague and Michel Salgado are both brilliant pundits/analysts, even taking into account the fact they are supporters of Espanyol and Real Madrid respectively.:greengrin

Even Marcelino is good on it. Pity he was rank rotten when he played for newcastle

FranckSuzy
13-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Never thought I'd say this but John Hartson's actually very fair and well-informed. I'm sure he was commentating on the 'squiggler' game at ER and was totally unbiased, praising Hibs and laying into Celtic :agree:

O'Rourke3
13-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Are we doing pundits or commentators? :rules:
:tin hat:Alan Green is a commentator and when it's not an England international describes the games well for the radio listener. His opinions though are shocking.
Lineker is a presenter. Sho1ght, but not a pundit.
Traynor and Young are actually journalists so don't count as they know what they are doing and winding folks like fans up is part of the game.
Most ex footballers are stupid so don't do good comment. Gordon Smith by a country mile is the worst pundit. He was also shoight agent, a shoight Chief Exec and a shoight businessman and an admitted Current bun.

Geo_1875
13-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Watched the Celtic game yesterday and Burley was his usual awful self. Couldn't believe it when he said the protesters were out of order as EUFA didn't allow domestic football to be televised when Champions League games are on. Why should the OF expect every one of their away games to be on tv even if it adversely affects home fans. Imagine you've got a season ticket but work until 7 o'clock. Absolute phannies, Burley, the OF, ESPN and the SPL.

Future17
13-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Insightful comment from Jim Beglin in tonight's game after Ronaldo scored:

"One of the reasons Ronaldo is so happy is that it went in."

Brilliant.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Insightful comment from Jim Beglin in tonight's game after Ronaldo scored:

"One of the reasons Ronaldo is so happy is that it went in."

Brilliant.

Jamie Redknapp is an ingratiating wee tossbag. "In't that right Andy"..."In't that right Ray". Ghastly wee pretty boy like his cousin Frank.
Cant believe he kicks a ball about the beach on his holidays. In a suit.
And his dad's a conman.

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Daryll Broadfoat - Tosser who writes for one of the Weegie rags and occassional spouter of guff on the Sportscene results show.

givescotlandfreedom
13-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Remember Sandy Clarke, Jim Duffy and Ian McCall. Utterly embarrasing!
Ian McCall's bitterness and hate towards us bring extra enjoyment to the CIS Final DVD though! Hairy, creepy looking fat hun weirdo!

Sodje_18
14-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I despise Alan Hansen, total bellend.

whiskyhibby
14-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Motty complete xenophobic, partisan little Englander.........I just can't listen to his drivel

Geo_1875
14-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Can't understand why the English commentators cream themselves over "the best league in the world". That's like saying the Tate is the best art gallery in the world because it's full of Monet's , Manet's and Picasso's.

capitals_finest
14-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Andy Walker, not that i hate him (he seems to thrive on people hating him), I just think he is piss.

Ian Wright is terrible but funny/annoying at the same time.

capitals_finest
14-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Jamie Redknapp is an ingratiating wee tossbag. "In't that right Andy"..."In't that right Ray". Ghastly wee pretty boy like his cousin Frank.
Cant believe he kicks a ball about the beach on his holidays. In a suit.
And his dad's a conman.

Agree with all but would like to add that his wife is tremendous:thumbsup:

Steve-O
14-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Tommy Smyth from ESPN.

That said, part of me kind of loves to hate him! :greengrin

Hank Schrader
14-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Clive Tyldesley for me too. An unbearable and biased scrote of a man.

Did anyone hear him at the beginning of the USA v England game at last years world cup? No doubt feeling inferior after hearing the Star Spangled Banner belted out first he declares as proud as you like;

"Now its time for THEE national anthem"

Absolute fud.

s.a.m
14-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I might be stretching the boundaries a wee bit - because he's not current (I hope), and he was a pundit..........................but remember Jim White?? I couldn't be in the same room as his smug fizzog.

The Gorf
14-04-2011, 12:51 PM
dean windass

He should come with subtitles!

And earplugs:wink:

ekhibee
14-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Preston - utter fandango
Can't take Stan Collymore either, no real reason, just annoys me
Spewin Euan Cameron when he was on real radio football and his commentry on games - sac

Adrian Chiles, Andy Townsend.... the list goes on and on,

the Real Rangers phone in is even worse now, Derek Johnstone's on it.

HibbyAndy
14-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Craig Burley.

R'Albin
14-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Jamie redknapp although I quite like him as a person isn't a great pundit, he's also a bit thick the other day he came out with this quote " adebayor has scored 10 goals for madrid, that's a good ratio " that's not a ratio !:wink:

Hibbie_Cameron
14-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Tommy Smyth from ESPN.

That said, part of me kind of loves to hate him! :greengrin

He is great!!!

His top 25 is comedy. Although he does talk crap he is entertaining

snooky
14-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Motty complete xenophobic, partisan little Englander.........I just can't listen to his drivel

:agree: Motty IS grotty.

lapsedhibee
17-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Don't think I've ever listened to Ray Wilkins for 90 minutes before today, and gotta say that he made the case for a Crowd Noise Only soundtrack very very appealing.

But Motty is far worse. Quite simply barking.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Andy Walker, Craig Burley, Joe Cole

Removed
17-04-2011, 10:23 PM
John Hartson 2 mins ago on Motd 2 "the ref has just given a penalty so he's looking to even it up"

What a dick. Maybe against Celtc or Rangers he's got a point though but most of the time other teams don't get pens against them then realise the press will crucify them.

hibsbollah
17-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I was just thinking Hartson was insightful there with the highlights. Opinions....

Removed
17-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I was just thinking Hartson was insightful there with the highlights. Opinions....

Maybe, but that one comment from him was ridiculous

proud_and_green
19-04-2011, 11:56 AM

I have actually quite liked Hartson on the TV which was against my judgement cos i couldn't stand him at Celtc.

My personal favourite from the World Cup though was Robbie Savage on the radio absolutely superb - enthusiasm in buckets.

Hate Lawrenson, complete idiot. He kept on coming up with analagies which had absolutely nothing to do with the situation and just showed him up for the arse he is