PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rory McIlroy

Tricla
10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
C'mon son.

Hold it together today and win your first major.

Hibs Class
10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
C'mon son.

Hold it together today and win your first major.

:agree: It's his to lose - done brilliantly so far.

Reaper
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I can't take to the boy. Not after his comments on the Ryder Cup and then changin it all when he was in the team. Still, if he wins today he'll certainly deserve it.

Tricla
10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I can't take to the boy. Not after his comments on the Ryder Cup and then changin it all when he was in the team. Still, if he wins today he'll certainly deserve it.

Granted. We welcomed Deeks and Nid back so hey ho.

BroxburnHibee
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Doing his best to blow it now

Sylar
10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
A drive of less than 150 yards, pulled WILDLY left off the tee into one of the house gardens...

He doesn't deserve to win, playing like this.

Hibs Class
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM
No chance now. Poor.

MountcastleHibs
10-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Bottle crashed. Has he been taking lessons off of Lee Westwood?

Tricla
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM
A drive of less than 150 yards, pulled WILDLY left off the tee into one of the house gardens...

He doesn't deserve to win, playing like this.

A tad harsh, no?

Three days of perfect golf then one or two bad shots and he doesn't deserve to win? :confused:

FWIW he didn't pull it WILDLY left. It only went 150 yards forward because he caught a branch which shot it WILDLY left. It was only a foot or two away from being perfect.

Those are the breaks though.

He'll win majors in the future no doubt.

Sylar
10-04-2011, 10:27 PM
A tad harsh, no?

Three days of perfect golf then one or two bad shots and he doesn't deserve to win? :confused:

FWIW he didn't pull it WILDLY left. It only went 150 yards forward because he caught a branch which shot it WILDLY left. It was only a foot or two away from being perfect.

I simply meant that he's not done enough today to merit his first major win.

Yes, he played brilliantly from Thursday to Saturday, but it matters for nothing if you can't close out.

Some of his play was very wild, though I concede I didn't see (or hear any mention of) the branch.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Horrible to watch.

HibsMax
14-04-2011, 09:36 PM
A tad harsh, no?

I don't think it's that harsh at all. Golf, especially a Major, is about 72 (or more) holes of near perfect golf.

For hackers, like me, it would be a shame but I don't play as much as these guys and so the expectations are much lower.