PDA

View Full Version : Yams It made grown men cry

Seveno
10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I was listening to 'Off The Ball' on Saturday on the way up to Aberdeen. There was one rather nauseating piece to do with some birthday celebration at Tynecastle and Richard Gordon reminisced about an occasion back in 2006. Apparently, Hearts beat Aberdeen to clinch 2nd place in the SPL.

What took me aback even more was that Gordon said that he saw grown men amongst the Hearts fans crying at this conclusion to their League campaign.

Now my memory isn't too good these days but am I correct in thinking that this has happened before - grown men crying when Hearts finished 2nd ?

R'Albin
10-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I was listening to 'Off The Ball' on Saturday on the way up to Aberdeen. There was one rather nauseating piece to do with some birthday celebration at Tynecastle and Richard Gordon reminisced about an occasion back in 2006. Apparently, Hearts beat Aberdeen to clinch 2nd place in the SPL.

What took me aback even more was that Gordon said that he saw grown men amongst the Hearts fans crying at this conclusion to their League campaign.

Now my memory isn't too good these days but am I correct in thinking that this has happened before - grown men crying when Hearts finished 2nd ?

Hmm I think so, can't have been 86 though, that was the year they won the double.

Sodje_18
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Hmm I think so, can't have been 86 though, that was the year they won the double.

Was that the year all 400,000 fans went up to dundee to watch them win the league? Then the week after that they won the scottish cup against Aberdeen? I mean, that is what happened, isn't it :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
:yawn:

This is getting as tedious as the English media going on about 1966, frankly.

marinello59
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Oh no it isn't. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
10-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh no it isn't. :greengrin

You're not really wanting this to turn into a pantomime thread, are you? :greengrin

.Sean.
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm surprised some of you haven't campaigned to get Hearts' 1986 capitulation on Hibs list of honours, tbh. It gets brought up every other day.

Ryan69
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
was 2006 not when they won the Champions League? :faf:

LeithBoozy
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
:agree: SO. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
:greengrin
I'm surprised some of you haven't campaigned to get Hearts' 1986 capitulation on Hibs list of honours, tbh. It gets brought up every other day.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Such a cheery lad you Sean!:hilarious

surreyhibbie
10-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Out of interest, do you feel the same way about 1/1/73 ?

jakki
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Yes it also happened in the 60s in a game against Kilmarnock when my jambo cried on my shoulder.

WindyMiller
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes it also happened in the 60s in a game against Kilmarnock when my jambo cried on my shoulder.

I remember that day well.:thumbsup:

sixtwo
10-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I for one will never ever get tired of hearing about and reminiscing about the events at dens park on the final day of the 1986 season. Call me petty but if those tramps can bring up our scottish cup drought on every occassion, i can reserve the right to bang on about sir albert kidd and the day the collective ringpiece of heart of midlothian fc caved in!

iwasthere1972
10-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I know it's a long shot but I don't suppose there's any footage of the Yam triumphs of the 60's and 80's. Din they win on goal difference or goal average?

jakki
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I think it was worst when they lost it in their own ground in the 6os against Kilmarnock. booHoo jamboos. I tri
ed not to laugh when my jamboos neighbours were greeted right down my sleeve but when the snotters arrived, well that was a a DIFFERENT thing. Ye mank ering fi k jambo barstewards

Twa Cairpets
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM

You have a pet jambo?

--------
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
You have a pet jambo?

I would have thought that that would be illegal - are you allowed to keep noxious animals as pets these days?

greenlex
12-04-2011, 07:42 AM
I for one will never ever get tired of hearing about and reminiscing about the events at dens park on the final day of the 1986 season. Call me petty but if those tramps can bring up our scottish cup drought on every occassion, i can reserve the right to bang on about sir albert kidd and the day the collective ringpiece of heart of midlothian fc caved in!

Collective ringpiece is just so......................well, so apt.

I think you may have stumbled upon a new collective noun for Yams.
A ringpiece of Yams

bawheid
12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
You have a pet jambo?

I've got two - Gary and Gary. I keep them down the bottom of the garden in a hutch.

Gary's getting a bit fat and is always hobbling. Gary's scared of anything silver.

Strange creatures.

Kevvy1875
12-04-2011, 09:01 AM
I've got two - Gary and Gary. I keep them down the bottom of the garden in a hutch.

Gary's getting a bit fat and is always hobbling. Gary's scared of anything silver.

Strange creatures.
:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
12-04-2011, 12:25 PM

:agree:

Collective ringpiece is just so......................well, so apt.

I think you may have stumbled upon a new collective noun for Yams.
A ringpiece of Yams

:faf: get it added to the yamasaurus

Strange creatures.

:faf: