PDA

View Full Version : Today's games

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
McGregor saves Hamilton penalty.

Still 0-0.

Lofarl
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
A interesting observation. If you look at the Huns crowd, which I known is a horrid thing to do. But there are no flags with them.

No saltires or ulster or even union jack flags. So are the "insert place miles away from govan" loyal finally getting the message?

HNA8
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Naismith smashes the ball against a prostrate opponent and is booked.

Wasn't Kevin McBride sent off for that vs Rangers?

:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Can someone explain the difference between Naismith firing the ball into the grounded Neal to when McBride fired the ball into the grounded Lafferty not so long ago?

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Naismith smashes the ball against a prostrate opponent and is booked.

Wasn't Kevin McBride sent off for that vs Rangers?

:rolleyes:

Can someone explain the difference between Naismith firing the ball into the grounded Neal to when McBride fired the ball into the grounded Lafferty not so long ago?

Was just going to come back on here and post exactly the same thing.

I don't see any difference whatsoever, apart from the fact that McBride is a Hibs player and Naismith plays for Rangers.

Which is the important factor to be perfectly frank.

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM

I don't see any difference whatsoever, apart from the fact that McBride is a Hibs player and Naismith plays for Rangers.

That's the only possible explanation.

On a sidenote- Rangers are gash.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
A interesting observation. If you look at the Huns crowd, which I known is a horrid thing to do. But there are no flags with them.

No saltires or ulster or even union jack flags. So are the "insert place miles away from govan" loyal finally getting the message?

Don't worry our friends we share the city with are making up for that.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
1-0 Rangers, Jelavic free kick.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Blackpool 0-1 Arsenal, Diaby. :grr:

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Blackpool 0-1 Arsenal, Diaby. :grr:

No need for the aggro, Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot enough times over the last few weeks.

United have the league in the bag :aok:

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2011, 12:52 PM
2-0 Arsenal. Good for West Ham:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
No need for the aggro, Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot enough times over the last few weeks.

United have the league in the bag :aok:

I know, I know.

I just want the league done and dusted ASAP.

If Arsenal win today, the gap will be 7 points and Arsenal still have a game in hand.

2-0 now.

Liam89
10-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I really, for some reason, want Blackpool to stay up!

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I really, for some reason, want Blackpool to stay up!

As do I , but really can't see it!

HH81
10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Arsenal are pure class today. Best team to watch in the league. I went to carling cup final and they were poor. Wish I could have seen them play like this.

H18sry
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
The hun's fan's are la la laughable

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Hamilton 0-1 Rangers, full time.

That's us officially safe now! :partyhibb

Sas_The_Hibby
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Hamilton 0-1 Rangers, full time.

That's us officially safe now! :partyhibb

Rats!

And I was hoping for a tension-filled final Saturday relegation showdown. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Blackpool 1-2 Arsenal.

Game on. :thumbsup:

HH81
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
What a game now this is. Great game. Mon arsenal though. We can't have Glazors fc winning the league.

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The hun's fan's are la la laughable

:agree:

Their glorifying of Diouf really is funny.

Rangers used to have some great players like Gasgoigne and Laudrup etc

Just shows how far the Scottish game has slumped when the Huns champion this guy who's not only an obnoxious wee prick, but also pish at football.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
3-1 Arsenal, :boo hoo:

HH81
10-04-2011, 02:08 PM
3-1 Arsenal, :boo hoo:
Fergie
Out

Part/Time Supporter
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
It's been interesting listening to and watching the Challenge Cup Final between QOTS and Ross County (0-2 at half-time). Derek Adams is co-commentating on the radio. It's pretty obvious from his comments and the way that County play that Hibs are now playing in a similar fashion to that.

ie back four, but with a big emphasis on the full backs pushing on. Tight midfield (ie allowing the space for the full backs to go beyond the middle line) to try and dominate an opposing middle 2 or 3. One big centre forward to hold the ball up with one player off the front moving defenders around.

I think the changes that allowed this kind of system from the end of January were the two young full backs coming in and Sodje. Previous to that the full backs were either old (Hart) or out of position (Grounds). The only forward who provided the "target man" function before January was Trakys, and only briefly at that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba/watchlive

Hibbie_Cameron
10-04-2011, 03:03 PM
9 players missing for NUFC today. Would be delighted with a draw as they have nothing on the bench

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Just back from the Blackpool game, what a delight to see Arsenal play. Although they deserved to win, Blackpool did miss a couple of sitters and could have sneaked a point.

I suppose thats why Arsenal wont win the league, they give away too many chances.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
1-0 Aston Villa, Collins.

1875godsgift
10-04-2011, 05:36 PM

I can't remember, had McBride already been booked or was it a straight red?

Sir David Gray
10-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I can't remember, had McBride already been booked or was it a straight red?

He received a straight red card.

--------
11-04-2011, 12:20 AM
It's been interesting listening to and watching the Challenge Cup Final between QOTS and Ross County (0-2 at half-time). Derek Adams is co-commentating on the radio. It's pretty obvious from his comments and the way that County play that Hibs are now playing in a similar fashion to that.

ie back four, but with a big emphasis on the full backs pushing on. Tight midfield (ie allowing the space for the full backs to go beyond the middle line) to try and dominate an opposing middle 2 or 3. One big centre forward to hold the ball up with one player off the front moving defenders around.

I think the changes that allowed this kind of system from the end of January were the two young full backs coming in and Sodje. Previous to that the full backs were either old (Hart) or out of position (Grounds). The only forward who provided the "target man" function before January was Trakys, and only briefly at that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba/watchlive

Just as long as we don't sign the Queens' keeper - the first goal was a classic. :rolleyes:

essexhibee
11-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Has that thing diouf even scored for the huns? Don't recall him scoring many goals? Hes ***** imo!