PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott!

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 09:20 PM
what a guy! (im 15yo btw) after getting of the bus from a long lonely trip back down from Aberdeen sitting stranded at live deer park , martin scott drives pass , rolls down the window and goes "Were you at the game the day mate" i replied "yeh" he went good result , do you want a lift home " was SUCH and am emphasising as much as possible a sound guy ! i cant tell what he said in the car :wink:
Made my Year so far!:not worth

R'Albin
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
:top marks What a guy!

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 09:24 PM
i know .. and what makes it better i was stranded with no phone/battery and he comes to the rescue ! very genuine decent guy!

New Corrie
09-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Great story, I like that:thumbsup:

DH1875
09-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Great story:thumbsup: but more to the point, is Deeks staying :greengrin.

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Great story:thumbsup: but more to the point, is Deeks staying :greengrin.

well , apparently they dont talk about stuff like that in the changing room but he was honest and open about everything else , not to sure if he likes ian black or not :confused::wink:

SaulGoodman
09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Shouldn't have accepted a lift home from a stranger :tsk tsk:

Nah, just kidding. Sounds like a really nice guy, wouldn't get Wayne Rooney (The Shrek one) giving people lifts home :top marks

DH1875
09-04-2011, 09:40 PM
wouldn't get Wayne Rooney (The Shrek one) giving people lifts home :top marks

I'm sure I herd a few stories of him picking up peoples granny's cause they were all alone at night standing on street corners :whistle:.

whiskyhibby
09-04-2011, 09:43 PM
:thumbsup:An absolute gentleman..................well done:thumbsup:

essexhibee
09-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Decent motor?

What a legend. Bet that must have been a surreal moment!

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 09:47 PM
An oldish audi ! yeh a bit starstruck i have to admit but plenty questions that he asked me and vice versa and hes answered them all!

essexhibee
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
An oldish audi ! yeh a bit starstruck i have to admit but plenty questions that he asked me and vice versa and hes answered them all!

Now to try and convince all your pals that you got a lift from a hibs player! :aok:

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Now to try and convince all your pals that you got a lift from a hibs player! :aok:

haha true will be a very hard thing ! its just amazing thinking a person who i pay money to watch (as part of a team obv) was just sitting chatting like had known the guys for years ! that memory will always live long!

IWasThere2016
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Great signing (eg we needed his 'bite') and clearly great guy! :thumbsup:

AndersonGGTTH
09-04-2011, 10:04 PM
yeh , he said himself , we have a fiercer/stronger midfield than before !!:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Combine this story with tough tackling midfield bossing, and it's the stuff of which Hibs legends are made.

Well done Martin S.

.Sean.
10-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Good player. But why he felt the need to apologise to that jakey bellend Black i'll never know.

marinello59
10-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Good player. But why he felt the need to apologise to that jakey bellend Black i'll never know.

And you probably never will.

marinello59
10-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Great story.:thumbsup:

shagpile
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM

He apologises to Black this time & Black thinks he was genuine. This allows Scott to do the same next time.
With the proviso that Black gets carried off.

Baader
10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Great stuff! :aok:

Sodje_18
10-04-2011, 12:26 PM

I see no problem with that :confused: I thought it showed he was a good professional and wouldn't sink to that little manky, pink *******s level :not worth

CropleyWasGod
10-04-2011, 02:04 PM

It's called class.

KWJ
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
That really is great mate, well done Jimmy.

Especially in this current climate we live in when a grown man giving a lift to a wee laddie would otherwise be seen as a bit Craig Thomsony.

FranckSuzy
10-04-2011, 02:42 PM
That's superb! If it was me, bet I wouldn't have had my specs on, so wouldn't have recognised him and then would have told him to f off :greengrin

Nameless
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I already thought he was a decent lad, but stories like this just confirm that. Hope he will be at the club for a while to come:thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't doubt the story, but why was he not on the team bus?

Tricla
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Did he belt out any line crossing songs per chance?

AndersonGGTTH
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM

he was but since him and daryl duffy live near the livinston area they got dropped of at the marion hotel where his car was !! so he gave a duffy a lift to deer park in livi then my story started!:greengrin

.Sean.
10-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't doubt the story, but why was he not on the team bus?He was on the bus up, I seen him.

ancient hibee
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Big fall out with manager-he'll never play for the club again-or something like that.

--------
10-04-2011, 06:13 PM
He apologises to Black this time & Black thinks he was genuine. This allows Scott to do the same next time.
With the proviso that Black gets carried off.

That's a very cynical attitude, ****pile ....

.... but I wouldn't say you're wrong. :aok:

AndersonGGTTH
10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Big fall out with manager-he'll never play for the club again-or something like that.

i explained!

fat freddy
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
nice story anderson...its certainly helped to clear up that wee bit of dyslexia you were suffering from earlier in the season :hmmm:

just_joe
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Think the OP is telling pork pies lol :thumbsup:

matty_f
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM
nice story anderson...its certainly helped to clear up that wee bit of dyslexia you were suffering from earlier in the season :hmmm:

:tee hee: good spot!

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 08:25 AM
well i suppose i cant prove it .. but all i can say it is true .. if you ever meet him you should ask! IM NOT LYING!:na na:

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 08:26 AM

WOW , some memory!!:wink:

Jay
12-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Anderson!! Can I just say as a mother of a 15 year old boy

DONT EVER GET YOURSELF STRANDED IN LIVINGSTON AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT WITH NO CHARGE IN YOUR PHONE AGAIN!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

:greengrin

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM

DONT EVER GET YOURSELF STRANDED IN LIVINGSTON AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT WITH NO CHARGE IN YOUR PHONE AGAIN!!!

sorry mum! but then i wouldnt of seen Martin :(

Jay
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
sorry mum! but then i wouldnt of seen Martin :(

Thats no excuse! What would you have done if he hadnt turned up?

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Thats no excuse! What would you have done if he hadnt turned up?

truthuly i would of had to walk from deer park to east calder ! 2 hour walk:rolleyes:

Jay
12-04-2011, 08:54 AM
truthuly i would of had to walf from deer park to east calder ! 2 hour walk:rolleyes:

Ocht thats not so bad then - at least you had a plan :greengrin EC's not so bad, I presumed it would be Currie - now thats a fair hike!

Ritchie
12-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Ocht thats not so bad then - at least you had a plan :greengrin EC's not so bad, I presumed it would be Currie - now thats a fair hike!

i disagree.... East Calder is extremely bad!!! :wink:

Jay
12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
i disagree.... East Calder is extremely bad!!! :wink:

eh...... watch it! :greengrin

There is nothing wrong with East Calder. Loadsa Hibbys here :agree:

Ritchie
12-04-2011, 09:32 AM
eh...... watch it! :greengrin

There is nothing wrong with East Calder. Loadsa Hibbys here :agree:

to be fair.... it's not as bad as west calder! :greengrin

Greentinted
12-04-2011, 10:28 AM

You've got the 'no-happy mum thing' right down to a tee...took me back so it did (even to the point where I was thinking of what to say)! :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
truthuly i would of had to walk from deer park to east calder ! 2 hour walk:rolleyes:

Surely not, were you going to be walking backwards. :greengrin

Jay
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM
You've got the 'no-happy mum thing' right down to a tee...took me back so it did (even to the point where I was thinking of what to say)! :greengrin

:greengrin It comes with practice. A 14 year old and a 15 year old = plenty practice :timebomb:

frazeHFC
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
What a legend he is. Great story, must have been pretty amazed when he asked you!

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
What a legend he is. Great story, must have been pretty amazed when he asked you!

yeah was pretty starstruck tbh!

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Surely not, were you going to be walking backwards. :greengrin

tbh , there all main roads! and i'd need to think of different routes it probs would !

AndersonGGTTH
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM

yeh , mum lives in currie .. dads in EC ! and yes better than WC full of OLD FIRM gadgees there!

GreenCastle
13-04-2011, 04:05 AM
That really is great mate, well done Jimmy.

Especially in this current climate we live in when a grown man giving a lift to a wee laddie would otherwise be seen as a bit Craig Thomsony.

Maybe a little serious here but...bare with me..

I agree sometimes people over react in certain situations...

But...I do believe you have to be careful thesedays...to pick up a random 15 year old boy - hibs fan or not is putting yourself in a difficult situation - especially if no one else is present.

Regarding the OP I believe being stuck in the middle of no where maybe wasn't planned but you have to learn from it.

There are plenty of younger readers on here and I would urge them to be cautious if ever in a situation like that as it may not be a Hibs player doing a genuine favour to a fellow fan.

AndersonGGTTH
13-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Maybe a little serious here but...bare with me..

I agree sometimes people over react in certain situations...

But...I do believe you have to be careful thesedays...to pick up a random 15 year old boy - hibs fan or not is putting yourself in a difficult situation - especially if no one else is present.

Regarding the OP I believe being stuck in the middle of no where maybe wasn't planned but you have to learn from it.

There are plenty of younger readers on here and I would urge them to be cautious if ever in a situation like that as it may not be a Hibs player doing a genuine favour to a fellow fan.

yeh true , but i think the reason why i got in the car was that it was a hibs player , if it wasnt and a didnt have a clue then ad say am orite buddy!!!!!:aok:

seanraff07
13-04-2011, 01:06 PM

If your ever in that situation again get in touch as i live about 20 mins away from Deer Park mate :agree:... although i'll be hoping to be there next time anyway.