PDA

View Full Version : NHC bbc pundits salivating over tynecastle...

coco22
09-04-2011, 07:28 PM
was reminded very quickly why i never tune in to bbc radio scotland this afternoon. usual preston spouting pesh ('tynecastle has the best atmosphere in scottish fitba') and everyone else jigging along to his yammy banter.

not denying the right to celebrate a milestone for a keech pink stadium, just not on a national level when very few care. the occasion was graced with a great game as well...

Sir David Gray
09-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd like to salivate over Tynecastle as well...:greengrin

Removed
09-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Same on the Tam Cowan show. Shame the place is a total *****hole and soon to be condemned. Suppose anything is a step up from Fir Park :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
was reminded very quickly why i never tune in to bbc radio scotland this afternoon. usual preston spouting pesh ('tynecastle has the best atmosphere in scottish fitba') and everyone else jigging along to his yammy banter.

It was Allan Preston that Woody Allen had in mind when he wrote that it's easy to be happy when your one concern in life is figuring out how much saliva to dribble

Biggie
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM

not denying the right to celebrate a milestone for a keech pink stadium, just not on a national level when very few care. the occasion was graced with a great game as well...

Probably had a semi all afternoon, and couldnae wait to get home the night..

Bostonhibby
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Absolutely mental, leave them to it, probably doesn't understand that all the "fans" painted into the gaps at the sides of the stand are not actually alive and can't therefore be making any noise. He was probably doing his comentary from the Gents.

If its just run down structures of this type and vintage that excite him he might want to watch Steptoe & Son.

Removed
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I'd agree with them, the atmosphere is pretty good at tyncastle because of the close proximity of the stands to the pitch

Is that the pitch that isn't big enough and the stands that are a health hazard?

The Tubs
09-04-2011, 08:33 PM
big enough for what? they play every second week so you can't mean spl football and three of the stands appear to be recent.
The old main stand houses supporters so must be safe in the eyes of the HSE.
So it would appear the answer is yes.

Will ****** have to play their European games at Murrayfield next season?

Removed
09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
big enough for what? they play every second week so you can't mean spl football and three of the stands appear to be recent.

European domination.

Have you been it the PBS lately. It's a total embarrassment, but surely the ironic bit is that the feature that gives it that 'special' atmosphere is the thing that makes it not Uefa compliant.

And have you never noticed that all the pictures in the media are taken from the main stand so you can't see it.

On a number of occasions the council have expressed some concern about the safety of the main stand. As far as I'm aware they have agreed to take a view on it that permits the certificate to be renewed on an annual basis, whilst the yams are showing "intent" to build a new stand. The penny will drop sometime that it's all just a big lie.

heretoday
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Tynie used to have a great atmosphere in the 50s/60s. They had a silver band playing around the pitch before the game and at half-time which was nice. Good pies too.

Hibs had a crackly tannoy churning out Hang On Sloopy or some such.

JE89
09-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I'd agree with them, the atmosphere is pretty good at tyncastle because of the close proximity of the stands to the pitch

I agree to be honest. Always a good atmosphere. Was brilliant at the 07 semi v St Johnstone :agree:

FranckSuzy
09-04-2011, 08:39 PM

They were strangely quiet when Craig Paterson told them his favourite memory, from 1973 :wink:

Removed
09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
They were strangely quiet when Craig Paterson gave his them favourite memory, from 1973 :wink:

Never heard that. Quality :thumbsup:

coco22
09-04-2011, 08:46 PM
They were strangely quiet when Craig Paterson told them his favourite memory, from 1973 :wink:

true, actually laughed out loud and had a wee 'yaaasssss' moment as it went against the grain of the whole broadcast :greengrin

Tricla
09-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Swynie is a total refugee of a stadium!

:devil:

Iggy Pope
09-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Swynie is a total refugee of a stadium!

:devil: really

:greengrin
I have no opinion on this really

Iggy Pope
09-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Never heard this, but if true, I forgive him now for that Hun defection

Iggy Pope
09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Tynie used to have a great atmosphere in the 50s/60s. They had a silver band playing around the pitch before the game and at half-time which was nice. Good pies too.

Hibs had a crackly tannoy churning out Hang On Sloopy or some such.

Why would that be a bad thing? At least it come from Bandparts. Silver bands must have changed the 60s, right?

Iggy Pope
09-04-2011, 09:01 PM

The HSE won't certify anything. Local Authority might. Not HSE.

FranckSuzy
09-04-2011, 09:03 PM
true, actually laughed out loud and had a wee 'yaaasssss' moment as it went against the grain of the whole broadcast :greengrin

:wink: Yeah, there was a sort-of stunned silence :greengrin There's not really much you can say really in reply I suppose :na na:

The_Sauz
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Hearts pitch is ok for European games. The last time they were in the Europa cup, it was played there.
In fact, they removed 2/3 rows from the wheatfield stand to make it up to standard :wink:

hibeedonald
09-04-2011, 10:24 PM
dont think its a bad stadium but our atmosphere is way better

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Hearts pitch is ok for European games. The last time they were in the Europa cup, it was played there.
In fact, they removed 2/3 rows from the wheatfield stand to make it up to standard :wink:

If they removed 26 plus rows from the Wheatfield, then I could see how it might get close to the desired standard.

greenginger
10-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Why on earth would you want to celebrate 125 years in the same dump ?

What do you call it ? One and a quarter century anniversary / eighth of a millennium jubilee ?

Of course it might be because they had to cancel their 100 years celebrations because of an incident in Dundee involving someone named Albert. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
10-04-2011, 08:18 AM
It's a ***** hole. The main stand is a joke and should have been knocked down 20 years ago. It's the cheapest looking stadium in the SPL. I used to play Subbuteo and made stands out of shoe boxes and they looked a hell of alot more impressive than that dump

Mikeystewart
10-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Totally agree, and disagree with the vast majority of posts before this, I was thinking is there a better atmosphere in Scotland than tynie on derby day, I think not. Been a season ticket at Easter Road for seven years and I could maybe recall three occasions where Easter Road has matched that.

Some people should try looking at this more objectively.

CB_NO3
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Basing that on what? A semi-final and Derbies?

For your 'run of the mill' SPL games, atmosphere at Tynecastle is non existant.

Since90+2
10-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Its a great stadium. Who gives a flying one if its built from sandpaper or whatever , it has an amazing atmosphere.

Mikeystewart
10-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Basing that on what? A semi-final and Derbies?

I'm not too sure I agree, from what I hear on the radio it sounds pretty loud to me, maybe I'm trying too hard not to be biased, I know this argument pisses a lot of Hibs fans off but the consistent level of numbers going to games is another testament to the ground, we where giving tickets away and it was still no where near a sell out.

if someone names me a ground with better average attendance out with the old firm and a better average atmosphere then id be interested to hear, but I cant think of one.

green&left
10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not too sure I agree, from what I hear on the radio it sounds pretty loud to me, maybe I'm trying too hard not to be biased, I know this argument pisses a lot of Hibs fans off but the consistent level of numbers going to games is another testament to the ground, we where giving tickets away and it was still no where near a sell out.

if someone names me a ground with better average attendance out with the old firm and a better average atmosphere then id be interested to hear, but I cant think of one.

Aye. And nout to do with the fact they have had more trophies and top 3 finishes than us, thus have a slightly larger support. Or the fact they practically give tickets away.

Tynecastle is pish. Their fans are pish. The atmosphere is pish.

Mikeystewart
10-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Aye. And nout to do with the fact they have had more trophies and top 3 finishes than us, thus have a slightly larger support. Or the fact they practically give tickets away.

1st point: I agree more trophies = more support

2nd Point:DO they give tickets away, practically is quite a vague term? From what i gather from the website there tickets are more expensive, £27 Adult £17 Concession!!!! thats for every other spl team other than us celtic and rangers

3rd Point:[Sarcastic Retort] LOL ok good argument :rolleyes:

LeithBoozy
10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
When I walk into ER now and see how good it looks, It brings a tear to my eye. Dont sell yourself short about the atmosphere ethier, as its very good. Hibs had to have a run off space from the pitch to be FIFA compliant. Heart's will need to wait until stardate 6207 for vlad to build them a new stand, only IMHO of course :greengrin

JE89
10-04-2011, 11:26 AM

I went to Yams v DUFC a few years ago (DUFC end with mates) and the atmosphere was pretty good up until the last minute when Utd scored the winner.

I think a lot of folk need to take off their green tinted shades here, the stadium is not as good as ours but the atmosphere is probably the best in the SPL.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
:faf::

Tynecastle is full of boring *******s. The atmosphere is gash.

Cropley10
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
So how come they built their stands right on top of the pitch and we have a massive run off??

Having your stands close to the pitch helps to create noise and atmosphere.

Also anyone any idea whether the Wheatfield stand is steeper than our new East Stand??

Westie1875
10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
So how come they built their stands right on top of the pitch and we have a massive run off??

Having your stands close to the pitch helps to create noise and atmosphere.

Also anyone any idea whether the Wheatfield stand is steeper than our new East Stand??

I think we had to have the run off space to make it uefa compliant, they will need to do the same if they evey re-build.

I think the new East and Wheatfield have roughly the same incline.

HibeeSince85
10-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Enough of the arse kissing for Tynies atmosphere, Hibs atmosphere is equally as good even when we're lower down the league sometimes.

Oh aye, one last thing - the stadiums a *****hole.

Removed
10-04-2011, 06:38 PM

What are all these trophies you talk about? I've seen Hibs win more trophies than a yam has of the same age :confused:

lapsedhibee
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
What are all these trophies you talk about? I've seen Hibs win more trophies than a yam has of the same age :confused:

To imply, as you do, that winning a few Diddy Cups is in any way comparable to winning two World Wars is quite frankly disrespectful to the memory of those who fell.

--------
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Of course it has more 'atmosphere' than ER.

It stinks - you can smell it from Haymarket Station. :faint:

:sick:

Removed
10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
To imply, as you do, that winning a few Diddy Cups is in any way comparable to winning two World Wars is quite frankly disrespectful to the memory of those who fell.

:agree: but I wasn't alive then :wink:

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
If by 'atmosphere' people mean a crumbling, asbestos-ridden, minging tip, full of paedophilles and slavering, ranting community care cases who are issued free tickets by the club, then yes, Tynecastle is a highly 'atmospheric' stadium.

lapsedhibee
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
:agree: but I wasn't alive then :wink:

Think you'll find that in this context real time is measured not from the day you were born but, in true Stevie "Fail" Fail fashion, from 1902.

Removed
10-04-2011, 07:03 PM
If by 'atmosphere' people mean a crumbling, asbestos-ridden, minging tip, full of paedophilles and slavering, ranting community care cases who are issued free tickets by the club, then yes, Tynecastle is a highly 'atmospheric' stadium.

Post of the thread imo :agree:

Accurate and succinct in the usual dashing style :thumbsup:

Pete
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Some people will be trying to make us believe we've won nothing since 1902 in a while.

More trophies = more support...do me a favour.

Bishop Hibee
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Misty eyed nostalgia from a cosy wee team of like-minded presenters who get freebies to the asbestos dome.

I was at Hearts v Bayern Munich QF of the old UEFA Cup, a game the yams DIDN'T sell out btw. Arguably the biggest game they've ever played at Tiny and the atmosphere was mince even though they won. More interested in singing about their hatred of Hibs/Fenians than supporting their own team.

The atmosphere was not one tenth of Hibs v AEK Athens.

The sooner the dump is raised to the ground the better.

jon paul jones
11-04-2011, 09:06 AM

I think the worrying thing here is the BBC bellends agree that all things on the west side of Reekie is loud and wonderful. If you feel strongly about atmosphere, start making a change at all Hibee games. Dont be part of the silent majority and sit on the hands. Its all a bit chinese whispers for me continuing the legend that is the tynie atmosphere.

Time to put it to bed and welcome in the Hibees 12th Man as the standard other clubs fail to emulate

Just one mans thoughts

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Have to admit that the PBS does have a good atmosphere like the one it had at Hibs v St Johnstone... Proof if it were needed that its not the JT fans who are responsible for it, but the ground its self if the crowd is big enough.

As for ER the atmosphere is getting better and if we ever get around to filling in the corners it will improve even more, though thats probably years away.

Cropley10
11-04-2011, 10:40 AM

:faf:

--------
11-04-2011, 11:42 AM
When I walk into ER now and see how good it looks, It brings a tear to my eye. Dont sell yourself short about the atmosphere ethier, as its very good. Hibs had to have a run off space from the pitch to be FIFA compliant. Heart's will need to wait until stardate 6207 for vlad to build th$em a new stand, only IMHO of course :greengrin

I agree. Tynie 125 years old? Aye, it looks it, and smells like it.

And Tynecastle is only UEFA-complaint because they've done nothing to it in the last ten years - as soon as they start work on the chicken-coop a whole lot of new regulations come into effect.

And the way they built the "new" stands leaves them no way of extending the seating to increase capacity. They built them on the cheap and it's showing now; they were looking extremely shabby the last time I saw them.

No comparison between The Tip and the Holy Ground now - Easter Road's a well-designed compact modern stadium, it belongs to us, and it's on the site where we've played for over a hundred years. THAT, in my humble opinion, really IS something to celebrate.

(And if the toffs in the West Stand would just start making a noise now and then, the atmosphere could be really terrific... :wink:)

NGP
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I was at the PBS a couple of years ago for a Yams V Soapies game. I was in the Wheatfield stand with the yams (don't ask)

1. It was far from sold out
2. It's a dump
3. Yams won that day and the atmosphere was non existent

It is a better atmosphere compared to Hamilton, Firpark, Love Street etc, but it was nothing to slaver over re some radio pundits

Hibercelona
11-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't want to come across as bias, so i'll just say it straight out.

Tynecastle is undoubtedly one of the ugliest things i've ever had the displeasure of seeing. The stadiums a mutant, the fans are mutants and the only atmosphere it generates is the type of atmosphere you would expect from an apeman like tribe that hasn't yet fully evolved into the human stages.

Tynecastle v Easter Road? Don't make me laugh. :hilarious