PDA

View Full Version : Media Le God on STV?

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Football Years @ 9pm on STV. Playing for Marseille tho'. :wink:

sambajustice
08-04-2011, 08:09 PM
He's taking piss cakes to the Huns though so thats fine by me!! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Here we go :sauzee:

frazeHFC
08-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Hat-trick for Sauzee against CSKA!!! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Grown men crying.....aw! :top marks

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
He was/is THE man :not worth

frazeHFC
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Captain lifting the Champions League trophy.....how the heck did we sign him! :greengrin

marinello59
08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I was shouting at the TV there, 'And he played for us. Us!!!!!''
:singing: There's only one Sauzee.................

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Captain lifting the Champions League trophy.....how the heck did we sign him! :greengrin

:agree: BUT who gives a flying one....we did! Ha, ha, no wonder the :lolyam: are so bitter. AND, he loves us :sauzee: :brokenyam:

PGB_HIBS
08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
The worst thing for me is seeing the stars that Sauzee played with and the contacts he would have had as manager. Guys like Voller, desailly and Barthez - could he have used them to bring talent to Hibs if he had been given more time?

I guess we will never know........

Thanks for the memories Franck!:flag:

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I was shouting at the TV there, 'And he played for us. Us!!!!!''
:singing: There's only one Sauzee.................

:agree: Unbelievable now to think of it. :not worth

hibsbollah
08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Theres only one.

Onceinawhile
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
I wish we would invite him back for a half time draw and publicise it. I reckon it would be close to a sell out.

FranckSuzy
08-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I wish we would invite him back for a half time draw and publicise it. I reckon it would be close to a sell out.

:agree: I always thought (hoped) this would happen when Mixu was the boss. When it didn't, it seemed that maybe Yogi could pull a few 'old pals' strings but alas. What a way to officially open the new East Stand :not worth :sauzee: Will never forget the 'do' at ER after he left. Not a dry eye in the house. :singing: "Sauzee. there's only one Sauzee". True legend and a gentleman.

Onceinawhile
09-04-2011, 12:07 AM

SouthMoroccoStu
09-04-2011, 05:18 AM

Slightly related.....

I wonder how Ted's new book is coming along?

That must be the way to get him back to see us.

MUPPET
09-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Btw if you have FIFA11 and choose french commentary you can listen to Le God praising you as you hammer the yams (currently unbeaten againts them in 73 games!)

.Sean.
09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
We'll NEVER have a player equal Sauzee. Class personified.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
"The Football Years"

LOL

That is all

R'Albin
09-04-2011, 08:44 AM
"The Football Years"

LOL

That is all

Tbh they might as well just call it "The Old Firm years"

Im presuming this one was yet another one about the of:rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Tbh they might as well just call it "The Old Firm years"

Im presuming this one was yet another one about the of:rolleyes:

A typical Scottish television channel totally dedicated to telling the country that there is no other teams worth giving a mention, even last week the "new firm" they couldn't resist showing you a couple of OF games which had nothing to do with anything, have they even mentioned Turnbull's Tornados? if the did i must have sneezed and missed it, an absolute disgrace abd didn't even waste my eyesight on it last night.

--------
09-04-2011, 02:59 PM
We'll NEVER have a player equal Sauzee. Class personified.

We've had them in the past. But not recently.

Not since HRH Pat Stanton, IMHO.

But who really knows? Maybe in a few years time...

DH1875
09-04-2011, 08:47 PM
The worst thing for me is seeing the stars that Sauzee played with and the contacts he would have had as manager. Guys like Voller, desailly and Barthez - could he have used them to bring talent to Hibs if he had been given more time?

I guess we will never know........

Thanks for the memories Franck!:flag:

Don't forget about Deschamps. There was a strong, strong rumor he was going to end his career with us.

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Don't forget about Deschamps. There was a strong, strong rumor he was going to end his career with us.

You had to bring Hearts League winning season of 86 into it, didn't you? I was trying to forget all about that historic double win.

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Theres only one.

:agree::agree::agree:

Footballing God.............:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
We all dream of a team of Franck Sauzee's

:whistle::whistle::sauzee::sauzee::hyper::hyper:

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Hat-trick for Sauzee against CSKA!!! :thumbsup:

The game that Iain King and that claimed they cheated in?!

That programme was a shambles - imagine trying to claim a team with players like Barthez, Desailly, Deschamps, Voller, Boksic and Sauzee could only beat Rangers (with players like Scott Nisbet and Gary McSwegan) and win the CL by cheating!! King was almost in tears when talking about it.

STV need to bin that programme - almost every week has worked its way back to Rangers/Celtic.

marinello59
13-04-2011, 07:04 AM
The game that Iain King and that claimed they cheated in?!

That programme was a shambles - imagine trying to claim a team with players like Barthez, Desailly, Deschamps, Voller, Boksic and Sauzee could only beat Rangers (with players like Scott Nisbet and Gary McSwegan) and win the CL by cheating!! King was almost in tears when talking about it.

STV need to bin that programme - almost every week has worked its way back to Rangers/Celtic.

Is that really such a ridiculous claim given that Tapie, their chairman, was found guilty of match fixing in the League that season? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Is that really such a ridiculous claim given that Tapie, their chairman, was found guilty of match fixing in the League that season? :confused:

It's a 2+2=5. They weren't found guilty of match fixing in the CL that season.

Does Iain King think that the players listed weren't capable of beating CSKA 6-0? Maybe he could have explained it better if he wasn't choking up.

marinello59
13-04-2011, 07:28 AM
It's a 2+2=5. They weren't found guilty of match fixing in the CL that season.

Does Iain King think that the players listed weren't capable of beating CSKA 6-0? Maybe he could have explained it better if he wasn't choking up.

Do you think the players listed weren't capable of winning the French title without Tapie offering bribes? Part of his motivation was to rest the players prior to European games. Tapie didn't want to leave anything to chance.
No they were not found guilty of match fixing in Europe but it is not a ridiculous assumption to make.

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Do you think the players listed weren't capable of winning the French title without Tapie offering bribes? Part of his motivation was to rest the players prior to European games. Tapie didn't want to leave anything to chance.
No they were not found guilty of match fixing in Europe but it is not a ridiculous assumption to make.

They were capable of winning the league – that was the only way of getting into the CL back then.

Presumably they played the reserves in the league to rest up the players for the big midweek game – these players were clearly capable of beating a team 6-0 without match-fixing.

It might not have been a ridiculous assumption to make at the time but now 20 years later when they’ve been cleared of it, it seems like really bitter sour grapes.

marinello59
13-04-2011, 08:07 AM
They were capable of winning the league – that was the only way of getting into the CL back then.

Presumably they played the reserves in the league to rest up the players for the big midweek game – these players were clearly capable of beating a team 6-0 without match-fixing.

It might not have been a ridiculous assumption to make at the time but now 20 years later when they’ve been cleared of it, it seems like really bitter sour grapes.

They were?

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2011, 11:04 AM
They were?

Yes. Says so here... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992%E2%80%9393_UEFA_Champions_League)

marinello59
13-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes. Says so here... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992%E2%80%9393_UEFA_Champions_League)

I can't actually find the bit saying they were exonerated but I will take your word for it that it is there. My memory was that UEFA decided that there was insufficient evidence to bring any charges. (Especially after the CSKA officials mysteriously withdrew their original allegations.) UEFA were probably just as thorough here as they were when Roma faced bribery allegations in the eighties. (Funny thing is they turned out to be true.)
No matter though, If UEFA, Wikipedia and yourself are sure that Marseille could not have been involved in anything dodgy during that Champions League camapign it's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Anyway, if it still hurts the Huns to think there was double dealing going on who cares either way.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't actually find the bit saying they were exonerated but I will take your word for it that it is there. My memory was that UEFA decided that there was insufficient evidence to bring any charges. (Especially after the CSKA officials mysteriously withdrew their original allegations.) UEFA were probably just as thorough here as they were when Roma faced bribery allegations in the eighties. (Funny thing is they turned out to be true.)
No matter though, If UEFA, Wikipedia and yourself are sure that Marseille could not have been involved in anything dodgy during that Champions League camapign it's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Anyway, if it still hurts the Huns to think there was double dealing going on who cares either way.:greengrin

It wouldn't say they had been exonerated anywhere - you have to be convicted of a crime in the 1st place before you can be exonerated of it. :na na:

marinello59
13-04-2011, 10:11 PM
It wouldn't say they had been exonerated anywhere - you have to be convicted of a crime in the 1st place before you can be exonerated of it. :na na:
Actually you don't. :wink:

Albanian Hibs
13-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Love the man to bits :agree:

There's only one :sauzee: