PDA

View Full Version : NHC Being a idiot must run in the family - The Stokes!!!

scott7_0(Prague)
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Daily Record Article (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/04/08/celtic-player-anthony-stokes-s-father-arrested-on-firearms-allegation-ahead-of-queen-s-visit-to-ireland-86908-23046838/)

Celtic player Anthony Stokes's father arrested on firearms allegation ahead of Queen's visit to Ireland

THREE people have been arrested after ammunition was seized in a pub ordered to remove a 40ft banner barring the Queen during her state visit to Ireland.

A source confirmed that pub owner John Stokes -father of Celtic player Anthony Stokes - is among those arrested on suspicion of possessing firearms.

Garda officers raided the pub at around 10am as part of an operation targeting dissident republican and organised criminal activity in the Irish capital.

A handful of bullets found in a shed at the back of the pub have been taken away for ballistic tests and it understood Mr Stokes was arrested at the scene.

A number of private houses were also searched in the Donaghmede area in a crackdown involving more than 100 officers, including the force's special detective unit.

Last month, a judge ordered Mr Stokes Snr to remove his controversial sign from outside the Players Loungein the north Dublin suburb of Fairview, and not to erect another one.

The 60ft by 20ft banner featured two pictures of the Queen and read: "She and her family are all officially barred from this pub.

"As long as the British occupy one inch of this island they will never be welcome in Ireland."

The Queen is to pay a state visit to the Irish Republic in May, the first by a British monarch since independence.

Judge Kelly told Mr Stokes at Dublin District Court that he had the right to protest as long as he did so within the law.

The judge said he had "no doubt" there would be a planning issue with such a large sign.

Part/Time Supporter
08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
"an operation targeting dissident republican and organised criminal activity in the Irish capital."

One wonders whether John Stokes fell under column A or column B. Or both?

marinello59
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Anybody else disappointed that he was only banning the Queen for being British? I was hoping it was for fighting or throwing up over people.

easty
08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Anybody else disappointed that he was only banning the Queen for being British? I was hoping it was for fighting or throwing up over people.

And where is she going for a pint now that she's barred by Stokes snr? I would have thought that she would have just cancelled the whole trip.

marinello59
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
And where is she going for a pint now that she's barred by Stokes snr? I would have thought that she would have just cancelled the whole trip.

She could always phone Deeks for tips on getting past any door staff.

BoltonHibee
08-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Could she not just wear a disguise and carry some false ID?

Otherwise it's going to have to be a Carry Oot, and head for the nearest park.

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2011, 01:46 PM
What position does he play?

Left foot forward.

Future17
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Could she not just wear a disguise and carry some false ID?

Like another country's stamps and bank notes? :greengrin

Keith_M
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Can I just state here and now that If I ever own a pub, I intend to ban all members of the Royal Family.

This has nothing to do with any political beliefs I may hold. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the behaviour of these people, what with all the scandal that constantly surrounds them (dressing as Nazis, bumping off princesses, etc), so they're not the kind of clientel I'd be hoping for.

There now, I hope that's clear.

:greengrin

bawheid
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't own a pub either, but both Anthony Stokes and his weirdo Dad are barred, for being complete and utter welts.

Hibby D
08-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Won't the "minority" amongst the Celtc support just love this though :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
08-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Hope Towell doesn't have an opinion.

hibsdaft
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
they've been hassling him for a while because of his banner. this is just further pressure on him to remove it. imo.

New Corrie
08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Bullets, drugs, sectarian banners.....just the sort of "craic" you would expect from "Celtic minded" peple

marinello59
08-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Bullets, drugs, sectarian banners.....just the sort of "craic" you would expect from "Celtic minded" peple

Banning the Queen from his boozer though. Bet you never saw that one coming.:greengrin

oldbutdim
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Can I just state here and now that If I ever own a pub, I intend to ban all members of the Royal Family.

This has nothing to do with any political beliefs I may hold. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the behaviour of these people, what with all the scandal that constantly surrounds them (dressing as Nazis, bumping off princesses, etc), so they're not the kind of clientel I'd be hoping for.

There now, I hope that's clear.

:greengrin

I heard that the Queen never carries money, although I'm not sure if it's true.
It's worth checking though.
If you do decide to relax the ban, maybe get her to open an account or pay with Visa or similar.

Actually......... I'm not sure if the Queen has a credit card either.
Maybe relax the ban, but get someone to 'sign her in' and have to pay for any round she buys.

Better safe than sorry.

I don't know if other members of the Royal Family carry money though.

Now I come to think of it, my wife never carries any money.

I always thought she was just mean - maybe she is the Queen or somebody else Royal.

As long as she's not Prince Andrew.

marinello59
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I heard that the Queen never carries money, although I'm not sure if it's true.
It's worth checking though.
If you do decide to relax the ban, maybe get her to open an account or pay with Visa or similar.

Actually......... I'm not sure if the Queen has a credit card either.
Maybe relax the ban, but get someone to 'sign her in' and have to pay for any round she buys.

Better safe than sorry.

I don't know if other members of the Royal Family carry money though.

Now I come to think of it, my wife never carries any money.

I always thought she was just mean - maybe she is the Queen or somebody else Royal.

As long as she's not Prince Andrew.

Have you ever seen your wife and Prince Andrew in the same room at the same time?:dunno:

oldbutdim
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Have you ever seen your wife and Prince Andrew in the same room at the same time?:dunno:

No I haven't.
You may be on to something there.

Well.
He's toast now.

I can sell my story - PRINCE ANDREW TAKES IT UP.....:no way:

That would be another anus horribilis
:shhhsh!:

Peevemor
08-04-2011, 11:05 PM
This reminds me of the story about the infamous Willie Ross who used to have the Oxford Bar.

He wouldn't serve anyone he didn't like - and he didn't like English people. One day he refused to serve a bloke with a very posh English accent, saying something like "look yer no' gettin' served, so just f*** off!".

The guy stormed out in a rage and one of the blokes who was with him pointed out that Willie had been addressing the Duke of Roxburgh.

Willie then ran out the door and shouted up the street after the Duke - "Hey I'm sorry, I should ha'e said f*** off Your Grace!"

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2011, 11:59 PM
No I haven't.
You may be on to something there.

Well.
He's toast now.

I can sell my story - PRINCE ANDREW TAKES IT UP.....:no way:

That would be another anus horribilis
:shhhsh!:

You call that news???:rolleyes:

Removed
09-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Just said on radio news that both Stokes parents have been arrested

Kaiser1962
09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
That will only increase their kudos with the soapdodgers. :rolleyes:

Dalianwanda
09-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Just mentioned on the private that the Dublin boys tended to go there for Hibs fix for the last few games of last season..His auld man was fine to us, even bought us drinks now & again..Stopped going obviously when Stokes moved as its a Celtic boozer through and through..Think they might have went there thsi week but not spoke to them yet. One of my mates last night said I heard your mates at the Players Lounge got arrested..Hadnt heard the news so thought it was our lot getting into bother for going in there :greengrin as if..http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/04/08/celtic-player-anthony-stokes-s-father-arrested-on-firearms-allegation-ahead-of-queen-s-visit-to-ireland-86908-23046838/

Stonewall
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM
This reminds me of the story about the infamous Willie Ross who used to have the Oxford Bar.

He wouldn't serve anyone he didn't like - and he didn't like English people. One day he refused to serve a bloke with a very posh English accent, saying something like "look yer no' gettin' served, so just f*** off!".

The guy stormed out in a rage and one of the blokes who was with him pointed out that Willie had been addressing the Duke of Roxburgh.

Willie then ran out the door and shouted up the street after the Duke - "Hey I'm sorry, I should ha'e said f*** off Your Grace!"

Willie Ross was a complete headcase.

I remember at one point the ladies toilets were kept locked so they had to ask at the bar for the key and there was apparently a half asembled motorbike in there.

.Sean.
09-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Bullets, drugs, sectarian banners.....just the sort of "craic" you would expect from "Celtic minded" pepleaye but his laddie 'scores goals, ken'. And he does but you don't want his type at the club.

The Tony Stokes apologists will be along soon, said before and i'll say again we are well rid of that dodgy ringpiece.

Jack
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Willie Ross was a complete headcase.

I remember at one point the ladies toilets were kept locked so they had to ask at the bar for the key and there was apparently a half asembled motorbike in there.

Worth a thread of its own. Dont serve lager - a ***** drink. Dont serve cocktails - lager and lime. Dont serve bus parties - groups of more than 2 or 3, I was lucky enough to catch the end of an era although most is pretty hazy now.

NYHibby
09-04-2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/04/09/celtic-star-anthony-stoke-s-uncle-released-after-bullet-find-86908-23049089/