PDA

View Full Version : Stay on your feet

sixtwo
07-04-2011, 11:13 PM
did anyone hear that hun wage theif ray wilkins on co commentating on the spurs game?

What a fool. He kept going on about 'we' and 'us'! Ray, you are a hun /chelsea fud.

Even Rio Ferdinand was taking the piss:greengrin

Liam89
08-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, I commentated on it whilst the game was going on, he sounded like a complete tool!

Stevie Reid
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I didn't hear his commentary but really can't understand why some people on here seem to have such a problem with Wilkins - I like him as a pundit and feel that he has a good manner and makes insightful comments.

Chelsea's performances since his departure show how what an important member of the coaching staff he was, and he was an absoutely superb player in his prime (which was sadly long before he arrived at ER).

CallumHibs07
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
It's twitter banter, Robbie Savage is going to say it on Sunday on MOTD2 :greengrin:

mikey1875
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes, I commentated on it whilst the game was going on, he sounded like a complete tool!

He is!

Tynie01011973
08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
All he seems to say is 'MY WORD' when commentating on games

:agree:

Jonnyboy
08-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I didn't hear his commentary but really can't understand why some people on here seem to have such a problem with Wilkins - I like him as a pundit and feel that he has a good manner and makes insightful comments.

Chelsea's performances since his departure show how what an important member of the coaching staff he was, and he was an absoutely superb player in his prime (which was sadly long before he arrived at ER).

I agree but only sometimes :wink: Rest of the time he comes across like a schoolteacher IMO

Billy Whizz
08-04-2011, 08:09 PM

This is an ex Hibs player your talking about:not worth

Pretty Boy
08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
This is an ex Hibs player your talking about:not worth

An ex Hibs player who saw fit to applaud the home support at Ibrox whilst being subbed after turning in an absolutely woeful performance.

hibsbollah
08-04-2011, 08:20 PM
He was possibly the least interested player ive ever seen play for us.

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Wilkins was way, way past it by the time he came to us. Yes, he applauded the home support at Ibrox, but I wouldn't read too much into that. After all, Gordon Durie applauded the home support at Easter Road when he played against for Chelsea in a 2-2 draw.

Spike Mandela
09-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Ray Wilkins made his debut for Hibs on my wedding day and was 'Man of the Match'.

Same day Hearts got 4 sent off at Ibrox. Happy Days!!

marleyhib
09-04-2011, 02:32 AM
he is a complete joke, I really don't get him being a pundit at all - he was probably the slowest pleyer I have ever seen at ER too

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2011, 02:42 AM
I was listening thinking it was some kind of joke he was that bad. Turned it over at HT to see inter getting destroyed.

Brizo
09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
I didn't hear his commentary but really can't understand why some people on here seem to have such a problem with Wilkins -

Ill tell you why. Ibrox away Cup mid 90s. 3 - 0 down by half time and Wilkins made absolutely no effort at all. Second half he was even more anonymous if that was possible. End of game having been horsed in the Cup and having taken an away support that filled the Broomloan he ignored us and applauded the three Rangers stands. An absolute imposter in a green and white strip.

As for the poster who gave it the :not worth gies a break. Wilkins couldnt give a monkeys chuff about Hibs. All we were was a semi retirement home for him to pick up some loose change while doing the square root of ....

Hibs90
09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
His commentary bias is disgusting. Tbh I think Sky are lining him up to replace Gray as their main co-commentator.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2011, 08:13 AM
His commentary bias is disgusting. Tbh I think Sky are lining him up to replace Gray as their main co-commentator.

I doubt it considering Sky have just announced that Gary Neville will be joining the commentary team from the start of next season.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2011, 08:43 AM
His particular bias towards Chelsea is nauseating. Watching him talk about the draw for the quarter finals, he was confident Chelsea would beat every team over two legs apart from Barca. He dismissed Man United when they were drawn together, stating Chelsea would see them off over two legs.

He might still be right, but if they dont i want to see his smug face right after his team are oot.

R'Albin
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Did anyone else see the soccer am mickey take?:greengrin