PDA

View Full Version : Just back

Hibstrooper
06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Just back from the game where I spent an interesting evening sitting amongst the Celtic fans at the opposite end of the stadium to the Hibs fans.

It started with the ominous "watch your car mate?" which I didn't realise is a serious business through there with turf wars to get certain streets I should have known that it wasn't going to be a good night.

To the game itself, it was over before it really started and they looked like they could cut us open at will in the first half. We didn't have many chances, those we did fell to Vaz Te with a near post shot that was turned round for a corner and a free header he should have done better with.

Second half was better defensively however not sure how much that had to do with Celtic taking their foot off the gas.

No one really stood out however best players for me were Miller, Scott and I was reasonably impressed with Stephens in the second half who looked comfortable on the ball despite not having played many games.

Disappointed with Palsson tonight and Deeks looked like he has developed the first touch of Nish with every ball to his feet subsequently spinning 4 foot in the air as he tried to control it.

Overall poor defending at the start killed the game before we had a chance to really get going

son of haggart
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Just back from the game where I spent an interesting evening sitting amongst the Celtic fans at the opposite end of the stadium to the Hibs fans.

It started with the ominous "watch your car mate?" which I didn't realise is a serious business through there with turf wars to get certain streets I should have known that it wasn't going to be a good night.

To the game itself, it was over before it really started and they looked like they could cut us open at will in the first half. We didn't have many chances, those we did fell to Vaz Te with a near post shot that was turned round for a corner and a free header he should have done better with.

Second half was better defensively however not sure how much that had to do with Celtic taking their foot off the gas.

No one really stood out however best players for me were Miller, Scott and I was reasonably impressed with Stephens in the second half who looked comfortable on the ball despite not having played many games.

Disappointed with Palsson tonight and Deeks looked like he has developed the first touch of Nish with every ball to his feet subsequently spinning 4 foot in the air as he tried to control it.

Overall poor defending at the start killed the game before we had a chance to really get going

How's your car? Or did you pay the ransom?

Hibstrooper
06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
How's your car? Or did you pay the ransom?

The brother in law paid it when we got back to the car after the game.

It's too dark to check it however I'll be complaining to the union of jakies if there is a mark as I've still got receipt which was written on the back of a mars bar wrapper saying we'd paid!

son of haggart
06-04-2011, 09:50 PM

It's too dark to check it however I'll be complaining to the union of jakies if there is a mark as I've still got receipt which was written on the back of a mars bar wrapper saying we'd paid!

Receipts - must have parked in a posh area!

ArabHibee
06-04-2011, 09:52 PM

You paid it when you got back to the car? They normally ask for it up front then **** off once the game's started leaving your car fair game for any eastend gadgie to have a pop at.

Hibstrooper
06-04-2011, 10:03 PM
You paid it when you got back to the car? They normally ask for it up front then **** off once the game's started leaving your car fair game for any eastend gadgie to have a pop at.

This is proper coordinated stuff and although it is kids asking for the money you can see their big pimps at the end of the street!

I would have just politely said no thank you and prayed my car would be left alone however it was the brother in law who said we'd pay after and he is the Celtic fan so that's when I realised it's just a given for getting to park close to the stadium!

Fantic
06-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Not been through there for years. What's the going rate for car protection nowadays?

sesoim
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
......Yet another reason why I never go to Glasgow

since90plustwo
06-04-2011, 11:24 PM
thought scott was bad, palsson was quiet but i thought he did not too bad, won a few challenges made some nice passes

DoonTheSlope
07-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Graham Spiers the football journalist stated Hibernian were pitiful against Celtic and could not keep a hold of the ball. Was this a fair assesment?

Bristolhibby
07-04-2011, 06:06 AM
This is proper coordinated stuff and although it is kids asking for the money you can see their big pimps at the end of the street!

I would have just politely said no thank you and prayed my car would be left alone however it was the brother in law who said we'd pay after and he is the Celtic fan so that's when I realised it's just a given for getting to park close to the stadium!

Ahhh don't you just love the cheeky weedgie scamps.

Baldy Foghorn
07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Graham Spiers the football journalist stated Hibernian were pitiful against Celtic and could not keep a hold of the ball. Was this a fair assesment?

Yes fair indeed. We were second to every ball in the first half and kept giving possession away cheaply. We were marginally better second half, but in a game we had to take something from, we were absolutely woeful.... No excuses for that.....

Beefster
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
From the highlights, it looked like Hanlon was having a mare.

Fenriz
07-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Not been through there for years. What's the going rate for car protection nowadays?

Got a lift back from a Celtic mate, he paid 2 bucks to park on some grass near the ground. Apparently none of their fans mind or find this unusual, he thought it showed a bit of entrepreneurial nous.
What is with that wacky house with all the writing, CCTV and a robot outside it just along the road from Parkhead btw?

Billy Whizz
07-04-2011, 10:55 AM
From the highlights, it looked like Hanlon was having a mare.

Indeed he did. Next time I see him I'm going to ask him for my £28 back from last night.

DH1875
07-04-2011, 05:45 PM

It's not worth your while to say no. Best paying the £2 for peace of mind and no having your tyres put down or motor scratched up.

RickyS
07-04-2011, 05:59 PM
It's not worth your while to say no. Best paying the £2 for peace of mind and no having your tyres put down or motor scratched up.

or in my case a couple of years back the rubber removed from the windae wipers when it was pissin doon:greengrin

New Corrie
07-04-2011, 07:07 PM

He is spot on, we were horrific last night. As the man standing next to me kept pointing out re Calderwood....for an International centre back he's pretty **** at organising a back four. I'll be astonished if CC ends up being a successfull Hibs manager, doesn't look to me like he has a clue. That could easily have been a right Royal tonking last night.

Just Jimmy
07-04-2011, 07:48 PM
He is spot on, we were horrific last night. As the man standing next to me kept pointing out re Calderwood....for an International centre back he's pretty **** at organising a back four. I'll be astonished if CC ends up being a successfull Hibs manager, doesn't look to me like he has a clue. That could easily have been a right Royal tonking last night.

Better Hibs teams have been taken apart through there by worse Celtic teams. If you score first you have a chance. We're a side still with a fragile confidence. Give the guy a break for FFS, it's time we backed our manager to a man and told the players to either man up or GTF.

Removed
07-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Better Hibs teams have been taken apart through there by worse Celtic teams. If you score first you have a chance. We're a side still with a fragile confidence. Give the guy a break for FFS, it's time we backed our manager to a man and told the players to either man up or GTF.

:agree: and some of the support as well :wink:

The_Sauz
07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
What has being a former International got to do with it :confused:
I think having a slow RB and a untested 18 year old CH would not have helped!

hibsbollah
07-04-2011, 08:25 PM
What has being a former International got to do with it :confused:
I think having a slow RB and a untested 18 year old CH would not have helped!

Hart isnt 'slow'. He's not anywhere near as fast as that.

The_Sauz
07-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Hart isnt 'slow'. He's not anywhere near as fast as that.
Just giving him the benefit of the doubt :greengrin

New Corrie
07-04-2011, 08:38 PM
What has being a former International got to do with it :confused:I think having a slow RB and a untested 18 year old CH would not have helped!

You'd need to ask the guy who was next to me, but I think he was implying that a former premiership/international defender would be able to set a team up not to concede goals in such a cheap fashion, is that confusing?

New Corrie
07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
:agree: and some of the support as well :wink:

So the support have to GTF aswell if they don't agree with the deluded excuses spouted about this regime?

To be fair, it looked last night like a lot have already "got tae pheck". Who can blame them, the product is crap.

hibsbollah
07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Just giving him the benefit of the doubt :greengrin

In fact, Hart's so slow, he has to speed up to catch Ian Murray.:tin hat:

Hibernia Na Eir
07-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Got taxed outside ibrox many years ago, a fiver! Little scroats looked after my mates motor, what else can you do?!!!

The_Sauz
07-04-2011, 09:49 PM
You'd need to ask the guy who was next to me, but I think he was implying that a former premiership/international defender would be able to set a team up not to concede goals in such a cheap fashion, is that confusing?
I think the guy was just looking for an excuse to have a moan :wink: You should have asked him if he said that at Ibrox :wink:

New Corrie
07-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I think the guy was just looking for an excuse to have a moan :wink: You should have asked him if he said that at Ibrox :wink:

Are we now reduced to one good result/performance per season?

The_Sauz
07-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Are we now reduced to one good result/performance per season?
What is your benchmark for a run of good results and performances then :confused:

New Corrie
07-04-2011, 10:59 PM
What is your benchmark for a run of good results and performances then :confused:

It would probably include a Derby win (maybe a bit much to ask) or maybe even a win over Ayr United, might not include limp/lifeless defeats to the OF, probably all totally unrealistic

The_Sauz
07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
It would probably include a Derby win (maybe a bit much to ask) or maybe even a win over Ayr United, might not include limp/lifeless defeats to the OF, probably all totally unrealistic
I guess you never followed Hibs in the 80's then, when we never beat Hearts in 22 games, got knocked out the cup with Meadowbank/Montrose and got hammered by both the old firm each season?

New Corrie
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I guess you never followed Hibs in the 80's then, when we never beat Hearts in 22 games, got knocked out the cup with Meadowbank/Montrose and got hammered by both the old firm each season?

I followed Hibs home and away in the 80's so yes, I remember it all pretty well. You keep believing, i'll remain sceptical.

The_Sauz
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I followed Hibs home and away in the 80's so yes, I remember it all pretty well. You keep believing, i'll remain sceptical.
Believing...I'll leave that to the Hearts fans!!
I just take Hibs one game at a time, and I never build up my hopes or expectation for anything to do with the Club.
Come win loose or draw, play good or bad, I'll still follow Hibs without coming on a fans forums moaning & groaning about things I know nothing about.

New Corrie
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Believing...I'll leave that to the Hearts fans!!
I just take Hibs one game at a time, and I never build up my hopes or expectation for anything to do with the Club.
Come win loose or draw, play good or bad, I'll still follow Hibs without coming on a fans forums moaning & groaning about things I know nothing about.

So anyone who daares to criticise, automatically "knows nothing about it"?