PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings?

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
For the folk who were there tonight how did the team play?

Davy Mac
06-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Embarrassing first half, truly awful, the wee man wanted to go tonight so I had to take him but you just new we were gonna get humped from the first minute. Been there, seen that, done that over and over the years. Still doesn't look good for the future likes.

Brown - 5 Nae chance with the goals

Hart - 3 Erse ripped for wallpaper tonight.
Hanlon - 5 Better second half but got caught far too square
Stephens - 6 Great turnaround in performance for the second half
Booth - 5 Lennon got his tactics spot on, everything good came down Hart's side

Wotherspoon - 5 Not sharp enough tonight but some good runs in the 2nd
Miller - 7 Best player by a country mile tonight MOM
Scott - 5 Again didn't look sharp enough at this level
Palsson - 4 Overun by a rampant Celtic midfield

Vaz Te - 5 Some nice touches but will have to work harder in this league
Riordan - 3 Starved of service, wish he would drop deeper but seems to have lost his appetite at the moment

Thornhill - 2 Not enough time
Sodje - 5 Big man put himself about, looked hungry
Stevenson - 2 Not enough time

Referee - 2 Horrific, gave 3 penalties that all looked soft from my angle
Fans - 3 "we are the people" - what's all that about,

just_joe
06-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Embarrassing first half, truly awful, the wee man wanted to go tonight so I had to take him but you just new we were gonna get humped from the first minute. Been there, seen that, done that over and over the years. Still doesn't look good for the future likes.

Riordan - 3 Starved of service, wish he would drop deeper but seems to have lost his appetite at the moment

IMO its just banter because we are playing against Celtic. I personally don't see anything wrong with it , infact I found it funny. The crowd was actually alot better than a "3" as you put it.

Davy Mac
06-04-2011, 11:04 PM
IMO its just banter because we are playing against Celtic. I personally don't see anything wrong with it , infact I found it funny. The crowd was actually alot better than a "3" as you put it.

Aye, fair doos.

I thought the atmosphere was rancid to be honest, never a great experience at darkheid.

since90plustwo
06-04-2011, 11:16 PM
i thought the fans were good tonight, got right behind the team and had a good laugh! we are the people was a bit of banter to wind up the celtic fans and it worked

Barney McGrew
07-04-2011, 09:49 AM

I'd agree with all of that bar giving Riordan 3 - that was as poor as he's been for us, and while we crap as a team in the first 45 it didn't help effectively playing a man short.

It was no coincidence that we started to look a good bit better second half when Derek was taken off and the defence and midfield finally had an out ball through Sodje.

Fenriz
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Aye, fair doos.

I thought the atmosphere was rancid to be honest, never a great experience at darkheid.

Although I don't really like us singing "We arra peepul", tbh there wouldn't have been much to smile about last night if it weren't for some of the daft chanting. I thought the "I want to go home" chant was amusingly frank.

nickwhibs
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Hanlon looked awful from the highlights. I think he can be a decent player but really needs to work on his positional play - always seems to get caught out. He can't seem to deal with through balls or balls over the top. Maybe I'm being too harsh...

Hibs90
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Still doesn't look good for the future likes.

Are you basing that on one performance against Celtic away?

erin go bragh
07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
fair enough us singing that when were beating rangers but found it embarrasing last night tbh
ggtth

Davy Mac
07-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Are you basing that on one performance against Celtic away?

The first 45 mins was an embarrassment to our club.

It was truly awful, I've witnessed stuff like this over the years at places like darkheid but I thought we had turned the corner with a bit more steel in the team but I tell you something there was hardly a tackle made in the first 30 mins.

We stood off them like we were totally overawed by them - why?

Without Brown it seriously could have been 7 or 8 so yes I'm still worried about our team.

We're safe for this season but there will be more of the same next season unless we continue to improve the team which I'm sure CC will do but we desperately need a leader.