PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood's interview

Westie1875
06-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Does anyone else get the impression he isn't a fan of Chic Young? :greengrin

DH1875
06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Intresting that chick young didn't push CC reguarding the Deeks question. Would have liked to know what progress had been made.

Twiglet
06-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Why? What happened? I've not heard it.

Westie1875
06-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Why? What happened? I've not heard it.

Wasn't really answering his annoying questions properly and just sounded a bit fed up with him. CC then ended it with a straight one word answer to a question about Riordan and wandered off, reminded me a bit of the kind of interviews you often hear between Young & Walter Smith. :greengrin

steakbake
06-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought they were having a bit of a laugh with each other at the end of the interview, when questioned about Riordan.

In terms of what he actually said, I think it was very accurate and honest.

Westie1875
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I thought they were having a bit of a laugh with each other at the end of the interview, when questioned about Riordan.

In terms of what he actually said, I think it was very accurate and honest.

I'm not criticising him at all, I just got the impression he couldn't be arsed with Chic Young.

hibsbollah
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I think Derek is leaving. Calderwood rarely seems flustered but he did tonight when asked about Riordan.

The Harp Awakes
06-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I think Derek is leaving. Calderwood rarely seems flustered but he did tonight when asked about Riordan.

Sounded happy/jovial to me rather than flustered. Happy because Deek is staying or happy because he is leaving though? I think CC rates Deek.

steakbake
06-04-2011, 09:48 PM

That's what I read into it (though I agree with THA that he didn't sound flustered).

Putting two (the way Calderwood dealt with the question) and two (the way Riordan is playing recently), I think he's off.

Not a bad thing. Fantastic player when he is on his game. I wish him well wherever he ends up, but I won't be losing sleep that we can't replace him.

Bishop Hibee
06-04-2011, 09:50 PM

I thought he was having a laugh. Sounded more like he is hoping to keep Deek and talks are progressing slowly.

He called a spade a spade when he described the team's movement when Celtc had the ball as "rubbish".

steakbake
06-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I thought he was having a laugh. Sounded more like he is hoping to keep Deek and talks are progressing slowly.

He called a spade a spade when he described the team's movement when Celtc had the ball as "rubbish".

Funny - I thought the opposite. It's all about opinions. Until something is announced, we'll only have greggs rumours to feed our interest.

The Harp Awakes
06-04-2011, 09:58 PM

CC is always pretty spot on with his analysis on the game and is pretty honest IMO. Jeffries and Brown on the other hand after the derby showed no class as they did with their antics on the touchline throughout the 90 mins which were a disgrace.

I think we have a decent Manager and next season should be a big improvement:wink:

brydekirk
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
:agree:
[/B]

CC is always pretty spot on with his analysis on the game and is pretty honest IMO. Jeffries and Brown on the other hand after the derby showed no class as they did with their antics on the touchline throughout the 90 mins which were a disgrace.

I think we have a decent Manager and next season should be a big improvement:wink:

Dinkydoo
07-04-2011, 06:05 AM
I was really quite impressed with CC's answer to the "What is needed at ER over the summer" question.

To which it almost sounded like he was going to waffle it as he started talking about our performance tonight and that we can't have anyone hiding on or off the pitch in terms of owning up to your responsibilities and your team mates when you've played/are playing badly.

He then brought the whole thing around to honesty by saying that we are better than what we showed in the first half tonight but we need to be honest with each other if we are to progress with our development throughout the summer.

A good and well thought out answer. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
We are really going to progress nicely under CC!

forget all the talk about Riordan.....It won't be that long IMO before we're worried about losing our manager...... I reckon he's going to do a fine job for us.

matty_f
07-04-2011, 08:56 AM

forget all the talk about Riordan.....It won't be that long IMO before we're worried about losing our manager...... I reckon he's going to do a fine job for us.

100% agree. Have long since been saying that there is something about calderwood where you just know he is the right man for the job. I can't wait for the summer and beyond, and the prospect of watching cc's own team next season is very exciting.

ahibby
07-04-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think that there is any doubt that CC will have us in the top six next season and even the OF will have problem games against us. I think he wanted to blood young players last night and it won't get more difficult for them than Celtic Park when they are motivated to go top of the league. I hope though that when he has to make defensive changes that he brings on Stephens in preference to Murray (just my opinion), I think that is one of the moves which will put us on a better footing. At least we can see reasons behind the latest two setbacks, only drawing against Hearts mainly due to a lack of competitive match practice and a very young team starting at Celtic Park last night. I am looking forward to next season and the rest of this one for that matter. That in itself is a huge leap forward for me compared with the last couple of seasons. Also, having gone two seasons with out a ST now for the first time in a long time, I am one of those who will come back for a ST. Before anyone points the finger and accuses me and likeminded of only supporting the team in good times, I should point out that I have paid walk up more times than not. I also believe that if the club wants to charge £400 plus for a ST then they have to make sure that the product is at least worth watching. I think it is now and will be next season.

Cropley10
07-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't think that there is any doubt that CC will have us in the top six next season and even the OF will have problem games against us. I think he wanted to blood young players last night and it won't get more difficult for them than Celtic Park when they are motivated to go top of the league. I hope though that when he has to make defensive changes that he brings on Stephens in preference to Murray (just my opinion), I think that is one of the moves which will put us on a better footing. At least we can see reasons behind the latest two setbacks, only drawing against Hearts mainly due to a lack of competitive match practice and a very young team starting at Celtic Park last night. I am looking forward to next season and the rest of this one for that matter. That in itself is a huge leap forward for me compared with the last couple of seasons. Also, having gone two seasons with out a ST now for the first time in a long time, I am one of those who will come back for a ST. Before anyone points the finger and accuses me and likeminded of only supporting the team in good times, I should point out that I have paid walk up more times than not. I also believe that if the club wants to charge £400 plus for a ST then they have to make sure that the product is at least worth watching. I think it is now and will be next season.

Good man! I think we've turned the corner, certainly better to watch and better players to watch too. Onward and upwards.

ginger_rice
07-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Unfortunately I do think this could be the case, do we have the next Scotland Boss?

Hibee87
07-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Next season will definatly be interesting. CC will have rid the club of the players he doesnt want or think are good enough and he will bring in his own team. wouldnt be surprised to see nearly a completely new team starting next seaosn to what started this.
CC has some good contacts down south and has shown he has an eye for a player.
if we get vaz te fit i think he could be a good player for us. when you think of the quality of player we managed to attract in january you can only hope CC already knows his targets for summer - out of contract players, loan deals etc which will hopefully be of a even higher quality.

cant wait to see what we can really do next season GGTTH :cgwa

also now that top6 is out our grasp and were safe from relegation (i think not checked but even if we can mathimatically still be relegated hamilton are gash) i hope we see the youngsters getting more game time i.e stephens as i have not seem him play a bad game yet from the brief times i have saw him also would liek to see byrne getting a game anyone know if his loan deal was a month or till the end of the seaosn :confused:

mjhibby
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I have to admit that whether miller or riordan stay doesnt bother me as cc has shown he can improve the side.Neither player has played well enough this season to shout out they should be still at er next season the question is as craig brown said yesterday its all very well letting players go but do you have someone of similar or better quality lined up.That we will find out but the fact that both are waiting to see whats on offer,which is their right,does seem to suggest both will not be at er.If they do go good luck to them and i have every confidence in cc to get the right replacemenst in
I wish though they would either sign a new contract or say they are leaving so cc can get their replacements on the radar and start the process of replacing them.As cc said recently he has been looking at getting players in since october so hopefully we wont get left with chasing around for players at the last minute.I dont think cc is likely to let that happen and now nearly all the squad know whats happening im sure signings targets are lined up already.Onwards and upwards and if miller and riordan are part of ccs rebuild all well and good if not thanks for your efforts and lood luck.

Bad Martini
07-04-2011, 11:37 AM
If Calderwood doesn't like Chick, then perhaps not given the man credit for his ability to spot an ******** in the crowd which, will prove good come the summer transfer fun fun fun session! Nice one CC - Nice one. Spotting Chick is a huddy will do for a start...now come the Summer get rid of a few unrequired players, bring in a few required players, treat the old firm, hearts, chick and the meedja with the (dis)respect they all deserve and dont play any stupid ****ing diamond formations. Pick fit players who are playing well, put them in their own position and dont ever talk about a previous boyhood love for the huns and you'll do fine. :aok:

ENDOF

greenlex
07-04-2011, 02:41 PM
And to think folks were bursting their spleens because we didn't get Craig two jabs Brown.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2011, 03:27 PM
And to think folks were bursting their spleens because we didn't get Craig two jabs Brown.

:agree:

hibsbollah
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM

:agree:...and complaining CC didn't have the 'charisma' of John Hughes.