PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I realise that he caused alot of unrest at our club, but we are still crying out for a player of his quality. Fantastic goalscorer.

Woody1985
06-04-2011, 07:02 PM
No **** Sherlock!

Iniesta scored for barca, crying out for someone like him as well.:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2011, 07:04 PM
No **** Sherlock!

Iniesta scored for barca, crying out for someone like him as well.:greengrin

Na, Liam Miller over him any day!:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
06-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I realise that he caused alot of unrest at our club, but we are still crying out for a player of his quality. Fantastic goalscorer.

player of his quality = Money = Rod Petrie.

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Stokes is an absolute walloper. It's common knowledge what he gets upto off the pitch and what his vices are.

Goals or no goals, we're well rid.

Jack
06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Stokes is an absolute walloper. It's common knowledge what he gets upto off the pitch and what his vices are.

yup

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2011, 08:10 PM

It's not common knowledge, it's just stuff a few folk on here started saying. Has it ever been in the papers?

Beefster
06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
It's not common knowledge, it's just stuff a few folk on here started saying. Has it ever been in the papers?

It all comes from here.

Miller's about to sign a pre-contract with Hearts too apparently.

Cropley10
06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
It all comes from here.

Miller's about to sign a pre-contract with Hearts too apparently.

In which case we should boo him at the next home game :wink:

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not common knowledge, it's just stuff a few folk on here started saying. Has it ever been in the papers?If you've had the 'pleasure' of being around him on a night out, or indeed even seeing him when he's out, you'd know there's definate substance to these 'rumours'.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2011, 08:34 PM
If you've had the 'pleasure' of being around him on a night out, or indeed even seeing him when he's out, you'd know there's definate substance to these 'rumours'.

I've only had the pleasure of watching him score rakes of goals for Hibs.

It's amazing this dreadful behaviour of a high profile player like him doesn't make the papers though isn't it?

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I've only had the pleasure of watching him score rakes of goals for Hibs.

It's amazing this dreadful behaviour of a high profile player like him doesn't make the papers though isn't it?Indeed it is.

Judas Iscariot
06-04-2011, 09:17 PM
If you've had the 'pleasure' of being around him on a night out, or indeed even seeing him when he's out, you'd know there's definate substance to these 'rumours'.

I'd disagree with that completely..

I've been in his company many a time with my Mrs' on a few occasions and he's been nothing but an absolute gent..

Maybe depends what company he's around as to how he behaves!

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Fair enough FB.

I've seen him out numerous times and he seemed absolutely guttered each times and generally acting like a fanny.

We're going off topic here anyway. I'd love a goalscorer like him at the club, but I wouldn't take that over someone being a hugely disruptive influence and taking liberties with his team-mates.

KeithTheHibby
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I couldn't give a flying what he gets up to off the park - he knows where the back of the net is.

TheGreenMan
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM
So where can I find my post that I am allowed to post it again without this 'swear filter' being abused??

What a joke. Seriously, nothing offensive whatsoever and you delete my post? Nobody swears that runs this site? And I never swore - I made sure I never wrote the full words out as not to offend any of you sensitive souls out there.

Where is it so I can amend it, add nice little red bows and maybe put some glitter on it before I am allowed to post on your innocent little website?

Cabbage1875
06-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Thought he was superb tonight, bad apple or not we really miss him.

heretoday
06-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Stephen Dobbie..........it's coming home......

Craig_in_Prague
07-04-2011, 08:33 AM
He now plays for them manky barstewards though and I wish him all the unluck in the world.
Words cannot sum up how I feel about the Old Firm.
Well they could, but I'd be banned from here :greengrin

Kaiser1962
07-04-2011, 08:37 AM
If memory serves he right he begged not to go. On bended knee to Rod he was "please PLEASE dont sell me". At least I think thats right.

FWIW I had the unfortunate experience of being in his fallout area one evening and I have to say, from personal experience, the man is as boorish and obnoxious an individual I have had the unpleasant experience to encounter. I didnt even admit to being a Hibs fan as I felt it would alienate me from my friends.

And thats personal experience, not even going into what certain 1st team members have told me.

SkintHibby
07-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I've been in his company many a time with my Mrs' on a few occasions

A contradiction in terms no?:wink:

Allant1981
07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Stokes was a good player for us but he is history now so why bother about him, its not as if he played for us for years and years, we got a good season out of him and got a decent amount of money so lets forget about him and concentrate on our own players

HNA12
07-04-2011, 08:59 AM
So where can I find my post that I am allowed to post it again without this 'swear filter' being abused??

What a joke. Seriously, nothing offensive whatsoever and you delete my post? Nobody swears that runs this site? And I never swore - I made sure I never wrote the full words out as not to offend any of you sensitive souls out there.

Where is it so I can amend it, add nice little red bows and maybe put some glitter on it before I am allowed to post on your innocent little website?

Actually you did leave at least one word complete and replacing one letter with a * in another was hardly worth the effort was it?. Nobody likes getting posts removed but we have made it clear for years what is and isn't acceptable.
I love that you use the term 'those sensitive souls' mockingly in the middle of your own wee hissy fit though. Comedy gold.

TheGreenMan
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Actually you did leave at least one word complete and replacing one letter with a * in another was hardly worth the effort was it?. Nobody likes getting posts removed but we have made it clear for years what is and isn't acceptable.
I love that you use the term 'those sensitive souls' mockingly in the middle of your own wee hissy fit though. Comedy gold.

Glad you liked that :confused:

If anyone was ever offended at what I posted then what I said is true and they are indeed a 'Sensitive soul' and have obviously never had any exposure to bad people like myself who use big bad words (which were actually blanked out by myself...).

Get a grip mate, seriously.

Removed
07-04-2011, 11:08 AM

If anyone was ever offended at what I posted then what I said is true and they are indeed a 'Sensitive soul' and have obviously never had any exposure to bad people like myself who use big bad words (which were actually blanked out by myself...).

I never saw your post so no idea how offensive it was, but go back and look at the forum rules. Personally I don't understand why anyone would star out or use different characters in swear words. If you are that desperate to swear in a post then just type them out and let the swear filter do it's work. The effect is just the same imo. You might even be surprised what gets through :wink:

However........I sense your frustration.

There are loads of folk who do it. Some worse than others e.g. see below. Even admins have been known to do it. Maybe like the refs we would just like to see sme consistency but with the number of posts on here it's impossible for admins to scrutinise them all. If you feel you are being victimised report other posts where it's happening. Don't go to war over something like this, it's not worth it :agree:

REMOVED BY ADMIN.

AgentDaleCooper
07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Stephen Dobbie..........it's coming home......

:aok:

scoopyboy
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd disagree with that completely..

I've been in his company many a time with my Mrs' on a few occasions and he's been nothing but an absolute gent..

Maybe depends what company he's around as to how he behaves!

Did he try and tap you or your missus on the many a time / few occasions you found him to be an absolute gent?

Or did he just save that for the young laddies at East Mains who earn less than £150 a week.

Did Darren McCormack lay him out because he was an absolute gent?

The guy can score goals aplenty, no argument there but he is a tosspot of the tallest order.

Andy74
07-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Well rid to the team who will probably win the league and with him top scorer, with us doing 7th at best.

In what way does that work out well for us?

Kaiser1962
07-04-2011, 12:07 PM
You should have added "with little or no intention of paying it back". We're well shot.

TBH Scoop I would have followed Darren's example but my wife (and her mum) told me to "sit down you arse".

Darren didnt hit him hard enough.

Did he try and tap you or your missus on the many a time / few occasions you found him to be an absolute gent?

Or did he just save that for the young laddies at East Mains who earn less than £150 a week.

Did Darren McCormack lay him out because he was an absolute gent?

The guy can score goals aplenty, no argument there but he is a tosspot of the tallest order.

sahib
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Did Darren McCormack lay him out because he was an absolute gent?The guy can score goals aplenty, no argument there but he is a tosspot of the tallest order.

Who didn't he clobber?

scoopyboy
07-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Who didn't he clobber?

My post wouldn't have came over the same if I had included that.

HNA12
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Is there any need for that?
The rules concerning swearing have been in existence for years as well as it being well known that we attempt to keep the board family friendly so this is nothing new. We do edit and remove posts when we notice them. If you feel that is unreasonable then feel free to PM me to discuss further. (This thread has been hi-jacked enough.)

hibee4life1983
07-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Boy and his faither are knobs

Captain Trips
07-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I am interested in what a player is like for 90mins, I do not care what happens off the park in the main. Stokes delivered what I hoped he would but IMO Hibs have to be bigger than allegedly signing him with him having the chance to leave more on his terms than ours, thats when players start becoming bigger than the club.

We need long term commitment in our signings, Stokes may well be far from great off park but so are a lot of actors and musicians and I enjoy what they do when the perform their act, what occurs away from the act is again not important to me.

Kaiser1962
07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
The power is all with the players now Carlsberg. Should we not have signed Palsson as he only wanted an 18 month deal? Or stopped Stokes (or anybody else) from moving?

Your comments are admirable and nothing wrong with wanting long term commitment but the reality is we are a stepping stone. If Palsson keeps improving it is unlikely he will see out his contract, thats the reality.

If Stokes JUST got pished and behaved like an arse then fine, I would have put up with it, as long as he did his job, if he didnt have a detrimental effect on the team. But, IMO, he was much much more than that.

I am interested in what a player is like for 90mins, I do not care what happens off the park in the main. Stokes delivered what I hoped he would but IMO Hibs have to be bigger than allegedly signing him with him having the chance to leave more on his terms than ours, thats when players start becoming bigger than the club.

We need long term commitment in our signings, Stokes may well be far from great off park but so are a lot of actors and musicians and I enjoy what they do when the perform their act, what occurs away from the act is again not important to me.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-04-2011, 07:04 PM

Ball cocks!