PDA

View Full Version : TV Extra Work at Easter Road

kirk1875
06-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Don't know what the advert is about, but if intrested then contact the email below xxxxxxxxxx

is urgently looking for over a 100 guys over 25 years old for a TV ad.
Its at Easter Road stadium Thursday 14th April.
Fee is £75
filming times are from 7pm and likely to run in through till the early hours.
You will be fed, watered and looked after.

If you are interested, contact xxxxx directly with your name, age, phone number and photo.

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
£75 and a chance to get on the tele...?

Ta for the link!

EDIT: Baws, i'm too young.

oconnors_strip
06-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Is it guys only?

heretoday
06-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Boo boys need not apply!

Allant1981
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Applied

Nameless
06-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Did anybody else get asked for their sort code and security number:confused:

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Not wanting to be a killjoy here but if this advert has come from gumtree or somewhere similar i'd be wary of giving out any bank details or too much info.

Whilst the majority of ads are genuine there are a few dodgy ones.

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Definately. For those applying a quick phonecall to the stadium should give you an answer as to wether or not it's genuine.

HNA6
06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Not wanting to be a killjoy here but if this advert has come from gumtree or somewhere similar i'd be wary of giving out any bank details or too much info.

Whilst the majority of ads are genuine there are a few dodgy ones.They appear to be a genuine company, I would like to know where the OP saw the ad though, one post then he vanishes ..

Kevvy1875
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM
It smelled like a wind up to me but I googled it and they are defo genuine.

Allant1981
06-04-2011, 04:44 PM
They havent got back to me yet, or im no getting to do it

iwasthere1972
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Whilst the majority of ads are genuine there are a few dodgy ones.

:agree:

Applied for a job once on Gumtree and received a text telling me to phone a number provided to get updates about my application. Being suspicious I googled the telephone number to find out that it was a premium rate number and 100% scam.

Wonder if it's BT that want the 100 extras and if they are planning on relaunching the ET ad. :aok:

Greentinted
06-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought it was a wind up, had a look at their website, the girl I spoke with confirmed it was genuine, subsequently emailed and received this reply within half an hour:

xxxxxx to me
show details 16:19 (1 hour ago)
Thanks xxxx

I will forward to production company and give you a bell towards the end of this week with more info.

Thanks again

xxxx
Sent: 06 April 2011 15:58
To: xxxxxxxx Extra Work in Edinburgh 14th April 2011

Certainly wasnt asked for any bank details though :confused:

Nameless
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I emailed them to see if this was genuine and this is what I got back....

I am genuinely sorry but the advert you have seen has not been posted by ourselves, or authorised by ourselves, and we are in the process of trying to have it removed.

If you are a member of this forum I would be grateful if you could post a message to others that this advert was not placed by us, and that sadly it is a waste of anyones time applying to us.

We do not know who placed our details on there, but we will not be recruiting for Tv extras for this date or any future dates at the moment.

Thanks, Lee

Ringothedog
06-04-2011, 05:18 PM

I am genuinely sorry but the advert you have seen has not been posted by ourselves, or authorised by ourselves, and we are in the process of trying to have it removed.

If you are a member of this forum I would be grateful if you could post a message to others that this advert was not placed by us, and that sadly it is a waste of anyones time applying to us.

We do not know who placed our details on there, but we will not be recruiting for Tv extras for this date or any future dates at the moment.

Thanks,xxxxx

DITTO

What fun does anyone get from posting pish ,they really get on my nerves and deserve a good slap!!:agree:

mim
06-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I thought it was a wind up, had a look at their website, the girl I spoke with confirmed it was genuine, subsequently emailed and received this reply within half an hour:

xxxxxxx to me
show details 16:19 (1 hour ago)
Thanks xxxx

I will forward to production company and give you a bell towards the end of this week with more info.

Thanks again

Lee

Sent: 06 April 2011 15:58
To: xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Extra Work in Edinburgh 14th April 2011

Certainly wasnt asked for any bank details though :confused:

Thanks, xxxxxx

Anyone spot the slight contradiction in the above posts? :rolleyes:

Gus Fring
06-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I got the same reply

http://i54.tinypic.com/2gy7tec.jpg

Removed
06-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Anyone spot the slight contradiction in the above posts? :rolleyes:

:agree: :confused:

HNA6
06-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Hopefully Liz Bisset will clear this up ..

lizbisset
06-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi Hibs Fans

I am genuinley sorry but the above post was not placed by ourselves, or placed even with our knowledge! We are indeed a genuine TV Extras company, but sadly are not looking for applications for filming next week or in the near future.

I don't doubt that whoever has posted this message has done so with good intentions, but unfortunately any opportunities we have are only available to those on our agency books.

Due to the overwhelming response from this advert though, we will keep details of all those who responded and whenever we are next recruiting will invite all those who applied along to attend. Entry to out agency is by way of face to face meeting on one of our group open days when we spend about 3 hours with prospective Extras explaining all that is involved and establishing ability to take direction.

I apologise to all those left disappointed by this, it has taken me several hours to gain access to this site in order to be able to advise that the post was not from ourselves.

If this forum is being moderated i would be very grateful if the original post could now be removed being that it is displaying our company information without our consent.

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
Liz Bisset Management

HNA6
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Hibs Fans

I am genuinley sorry but the above post was not placed by ourselves, or placed even with our knowledge! We are indeed a genuine TV Extras company, but sadly are not looking for applications for filming next week or in the near future.

I don't doubt that whoever has posted this message has done so with good intentions, but unfortunately any opportunities we have are only available to those on our agency books.

Due to the overwhelming response from this advert though, we will keep details of all those who responded and whenever we are next recruiting will invite all those who applied along to attend. Entry to out agency is by way of face to face meeting on one of our group open days when we spend about 3 hours with prospective Extras explaining all that is involved and establishing ability to take direction.

I apologise to all those left disappointed by this, it has taken me several hours to gain access to this site in order to be able to advise that the post was not from ourselves.

If this forum is being moderated i would be very grateful if the original post could now be removed being that it is displaying our company information without our consent.

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
Liz Bisset ManagementThanks for taking the time in clearing this up Liz, much appreciated.

I'm_cabbaged
06-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Hibs Fans

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
Liz Bisset Management

So Greentinted is at the wind up aswell? :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Just as I was preparing for my close-up.

HNA6
06-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Links & contacts removed, thread will now be closed.