PDA

View Full Version : Conduct Unbecoming a Hibs Player?

Future17
06-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Martin Scott texts Ian Black apologising for a tackle in Sunday's derby. What is the world coming to?

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Martin-Scott-sends-text-apology.6746747.jp

easty
06-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm disgusted.....

unless the text read "sorry for hurting your wee ankle, you yam ****, next time it'll be your knee".

hibsbollah
06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
PC gone mad. Its the thin end of the wedge. Do-gooder.

CallumLaidlaw
06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Probably self preservation. Probably well aware that Black is the kind of wee nyaff that'll try and do some damage at the next opportunity.

easty
06-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Probably self preservation. Probably well aware that Black is the kind of wee nyaff that'll try and do some damage at the next opportunity.

I hope that's not the case, that's got "I'm a pussy" written all over it. Hopefully just lulling the little prick into a false sense of security.

ScottB
06-04-2011, 01:31 PM
He's a professional, doing a job with other professionals. Good on him if he is willing to stand by his actions and apologise if he thinks he went too far.

Just because some of us think all our players should be willing to remorselessly attack Yams on sight doesn't mean they do or should, nor does it cast any negative light on Scott himself.

marinello59
06-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Good on him for apologising. Definitely Hibs class.

J-C
06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
No matter who he tackled it was a shocking challenge and he was lucky the ref didn't see it as bad as it was, or he would've been off the park.

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 02:07 PM
He's a professional, doing a job with other professionals. Good on him if he is willing to stand by his actions and apologise if he thinks he went too far.

Just because some of us think all our players should be willing to remorselessly attack Yams on sight doesn't mean they do or should, nor does it cast any negative light on Scott himself.

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh for those heady days of George Street marathon benders, followed by lewd propositions to strangers girlfriends and vicious assaults on passers-by.

I'm not going back until we see those days again.

The_Sauz
06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Could not have been that bad if he came straight back on....not even a limp!

greenlex
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
More concerned he had his mobile number.

Wilson
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
No apology necessary. What a softy.

son of haggart
06-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Does Scott a lot of credit IMO. There would be a lot less trouble on the terracing and after games if players showed this professional attitude to their own conduct.

Removed
06-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Does Scott a lot of credit IMO. There would be a lot less trouble on the terracing and after games if players showed this professional attitude to their own conduct.

:hmmm: you thinking about anyone in particular?

HNA6
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Good on him for apologising. Definitely Hibs class.:agree: prob pal's off the park ..dont see what the fuss is about ...even although Black is a wee yam tramp ..:agree:

Feed McGraw
06-04-2011, 06:11 PM
:agree: prob pal's off the park ..dont see what the fuss is about ...even although Black is a wee yam tramp ..:agree:

They may know each other, but it would appear they are not "mates" as seemingly Scott had to obtain Black`s number from somebody.

Apologising to BLACK of all players` though ? He is one of the dirtiest players` around and would spend all his spare time apologising if this became "the norm".

essexhibee
06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Black is an erse.

Good on him to apologise i suppose but if it was me i wouldnt have...dont wanna seem like a pansy :greengrin

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
They may know each other, but it would appear they are not "mates" as seemingly Scott had to obtain Black`s number from somebody.

Apologising to BLACK of all players` though ? He is one of the dirtiest players` around and would spend all his spare time apologising if this became "the norm".
He already did -for a tackle against Rangers.

HNA6
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Apologising to BLACK of all players` though ? He is one of the dirtiest players` around and would spend all his spare time apologising if this became "the norm".Ah well ..in that case..burn the witch !! :grr:

Sas_The_Hibby
06-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh for those heady days of George Street marathon benders, followed by lewd propositions to strangers girlfriends and vicious assaults on passers-by.

I'm not going back until we see those days again.

Quite right, Bob, and why on earth did they have to go and get rid of rickets? :greengrin

madabouthibs
06-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm not bothered what goes on before, or after the game. I don't think these guys go out ot deliberately disable each other, but Scott marked his card nice and early and IMO Black had a quiet game after that.
Job done. :greengrin

Feed McGraw
06-04-2011, 07:38 PM
He already did -for a tackle against Rangers.

So he apologised to Rangers as he put Jelavic out the game for a few months . Do you think he would have apologised to Scott if the tackle had been the other way round ?

greenlex
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
So he apologised to Rangers as he put Jelavic out the game for a few months . Do you think he would have apologised to Scott if the tackle had been the other way round ?

No but thats the difference.

Hibernian Verse
07-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Why does it matter if Black would have or not? All's thats done on this forum these days is compare ourselves immediately with Hearts. Scott can do what he wants, if he felt a need to apologise then so be it. I apologised the other day after a fives match for a tackle I put in, and I couldn't care less if the other would have or not, it makes no difference to my actions.

Hibeesb0unc3
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
This shows real class and sets a good example to people. I would rather him saying sorry to black in his spare time than cheating with someones wife.

--------
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Good on him for apologising. Definitely Hibs class.

Yup.

It was a bad challenge and it does him credit that he acknowledged the fact.

IIRC this used to happen quite a lot - it was called professional courtesy.

I can think of one or two of our old players who should have had calling cards printed - "Sorry about the tackle - hope you're out of traction before too long..." :devil:

easty
07-04-2011, 02:06 PM
This shows real class and sets a good example to people. I would rather him saying sorry to black in his spare time than cheating with someones wife.

What a strange comparrison.:confused:

I'd rather Deek started scoring goals than stealing cars...:wink:

Dashing Bob S
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Quite right, Bob, and why on earth did they have to go and get rid of rickets? :greengrin

Have they gone too?

Right, that's it, I'm definitely thru.

Future17
07-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Why does it matter if Black would have or not? All's thats done on this forum these days is compare ourselves immediately with Hearts. Scott can do what he wants, if he felt a need to apologise then so be it. I apologised the other day after a fives match for a tackle I put in, and I couldn't care less if the other would have or not, it makes no difference to my actions.

I don't believe it! :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Have they gone too?

Right, that's it, I'm definitely thru.

I'm not sure how to break the news about Mussolini or smallpox, then........
:wink:

Hibernian Verse
07-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I don't believe it! :wink:

:greengrin Unbelievable I know!

Feed McGraw
07-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Look, in the great scheme of things I don`t really care if he apologised or not, but he was a guy brought in to give a bit of steel to our "soft" midfield, then in his first derby we hear he is apologetic to a known hacker - someone we have to give like for like to if we are going to compete with them and get the upper hand.

It was not a tackle that warranted an apology in THAT way - "sorry pal" at the time would have sufficed IMHO and Black will probably view it as a sign of weakness and surely Scott himself knows he can`t be texting folk all the time to say sorry for every tackle where he leaves the foot in a wee bit.

BTW the first sentence was silly - I obviously DO care, but that lot got my hackles up more than normal on Sunday and don`t want our players kow - towing to them and giving them any more psychological advantage than they already seem to have.