PDA

View Full Version : Valdas Trakys

Mango Man
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
What is going on with this guy??

Is he injured? or is he just garbage? Both?

Looked pretty handy for a couple of games as well, bit of a cart horse though.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM

Eartha Kitt maybe? :wink:

Craig_HFC
06-04-2011, 06:36 AM

He was in the stand on Sunday so he's still here. But he'll be away in the summer because he's deadwood.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Top drawer performance at Ibrox and looked a real find, but looks to have peaked on that showing. Sure that he knows that he will be in different colours next season.

basehibby
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM

From what I can gather he's a similar sort to Sodje but has rarely been off the treatment table - dunno if he's currently injured or not but the decent form shown by Sodje would appear to have pushed him out of the picture.

Will therefore be surprised if he's still here next season.

Aldo
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Sorry but prefer Sodje any day. The guy has given us something we have not had since Mixu (not as good as Mixu though)
. Added that he can run and play a bit. VT will be shown the door in the summer.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2011, 11:28 AM
From what I can gather he's a similar sort to Sodje but has rarely been off the treatment table - dunno if he's currently injured or not but the decent form shown by Sodje would appear to have pushed him out of the picture.

Will therefore be surprised if he's still here next season.

Trakys is a strange one, he looked hopeless, then had a couple of top drawer performances. I'd like better than both him and Sodje at easter road, i cant see Sodje as more than a stop gap player, and really dont know what to make of Trakys?

Andy74
06-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Trakys is a strange one, he looked hopeless, then had a couple of top drawer performances. I'd like better than both him and Sodje at easter road, i cant see Sodje as more than a stop gap player, and really dont know what to make of Trakys?

Contributed to two of our best performances this year at Ibrox and v Motherwell. won headers, linked up well and showed some great passing ability.

I can only presume that there is something up with is fitness and he will be out in the summer.

I don't think he's crap though.

matty_f
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Contributed to two of our best performances this year at Ibrox and v Motherwell. won headers, linked up well and showed some great passing ability.

I can only presume that there is something up with is fitness and he will be out in the summer.

:agree:

easty
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM

He's crap.

BEEJ
06-04-2011, 01:31 PM

I think I recall Hibs are the 16th club that VT has played for in his professional career. With just two exceptions I think, he has spent no more than one season at each club. Now he's about to repeat the process again.

To me, whether or not a player has 11 international caps, career patterns such as these speak volumes about either a player's fitness or his attitude (or maybe his insatiable appetite for signing-on fees :greengrin). He has proved to be an expensive 'asset' to have on the books in terms of his contribution.

But we could have anticipated this by looking at his career record (including the fact that he was without a club after last year's summer transfer window had closed) and then left well alone.

We did of course leave ourselves in the position where we had few other choices, but that's another subject altogether.

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Didn't see the Rangers game away.
But he was outstanding at home to Motherwell. Won a lot in the air, worked hard and from not a lot on, his work and attitude turned the posession in our favour and then into chances.
The few other times though he has played he looked like he was too slow, mis read and mis jumped headers, and generally, was just a fat Colin Nish.

Sodje aint great either, but he's a bit more consistent in what you get from him.

I'm sure CC will find better in the summer, but I hope Sodje will be decent for us next season as well.

Valdas though? close the door on the way out son!

IFONLY
06-04-2011, 01:42 PM

signed a pre contract with Hearts!!!!!!!

J-C
06-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Sodje is ok, seemingly 2nd choice in January and Trakys is a carthorse with injury problems, another of Yogi's gems(not), hopefully see another CF coming in the summer to replace the outgoing Nish, Trakys and Byrne, maybe the 1st choice CC was after.

Like the new Avatar G. :greengrin

essexhibee
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Do people rate sodje?

Only seen him v St Mirren and Hearts and both times he didnt impress? Quite shocking shooting :greengrin and, particulary on Sunday, failed to use his large frame to win the ball. Certainly dont think he is going to be a goalscoring striker for us. Might be being harsh though what are those who have seen him regulary opinion?

Though i havent seen anything of Valdas's shooting so maybe he is not much better!! :greengrin

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Suspect Sodje is a heavy ground player-once the ball starts bouncing around he is pretty cumbersome-but a good trier.

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 07:29 PM
He's crap.I'd give him a chance over Sodje if CC insists on playing a bruiser up top.

DH1875
06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Top drawer performance at Ibrox and looked a real find, but looks to have peaked on that showing. Sure that he knows that he will be in different colours next season.

Should serve as a quick reminder to all you guy's who are crying out for Vaz Te to be signed up.

Hibernian Verse
07-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Should serve as a quick reminder to all you guy's who are crying out for Vaz Te to be signed up.

I agree. His 7 years at Bolton don't impress me at all. Journeyman.

A quick reminder...? He's only signed for 3 clubs (including us) and had one loan spell. Ok he fell out with his last manager but give the guy a break.