PDA

View Full Version : Liam Munro

Cuddles
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we announce the death of our beloved son, Liam Daniel Munro(19). Liam passed away peacefully this morning. You all gave him such tremendous support when he was very ill back in 2007 and we are truly thankful to you all for that. It lifted his spirits and helped him so much. We will never forget the day he took out the team on to the pitch at Easter Road, the welcome was humbling. We also pay tribute to the board who have been fantastic to Liam and the whole family. God Bless You All:flag:

.Sean.
05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Very sorry and saddened to here that. All the best mate.

Jonnyboy
05-04-2011, 09:37 PM
It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we announce the death of our beloved son, Liam Daniel Munro(19). Liam passed away peacefully this morning. You all gave him such tremendous support when he was very ill back in 2007 and we are truly thankful to you all for that. It lifted his spirits and helped him so much. We will never forget the day he took out the team on to the pitch at Easter Road, the welcome was humbling. We also pay tribute to the board who have been fantastic to Liam and the whole family. God Bless You All:flag:

Am so so sorry to hear of Liam's passing and my heartfelt condolences are with you and the family. Liam was a great lad and a great Hibby and we shall all miss him.

RIP Liam

FranckSuzy
05-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us all know. My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

CallumLaidlaw
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Sad news.

RIP Liam.

Jamesie
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Tragic news. RIP Liam.

Sherlock Jones
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Very sad news. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Bless you, Liam.

Graham.

LALthehibeeGAL
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM

gutted to hear this news - hadn't heard much lately from you guys so i guess we all presume everythings ticking along nicely - our sincere thoughts and prayers to all the family at this sad time - take care

Lal

Speedway
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM

And God bless you too, abundantly.

Westie1875
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Very sorry to hear that and condolences to you and your family.

Rest in peace Liam.

x

Sergey
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Writing condolences are above me.

Sorry to hear of the lads passing.

EH6 Hibby
05-04-2011, 09:48 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, Liam's story touched so many people. My thoughts are with your family at this difficult time. x

Dunbar Hibee
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Absolutely tragic. Very sorry to hear this, thoughts are with the family

hibbysam
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Such a shame, condolences are with you all at this tough time!

What a battler the young lad was though and an inspiration to those that heard of the story!

Jay
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news. I was thinking about Liam on Sunday while walking back to the train station, I honestly cant remember why now, but was thinking about the day he led the team onto the pitch with his grandad it was one of those moments in time I'll never forget.

God bless you all

Rest in Peace Liam

Tricla
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

RIP Liam. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Marabou Stork
05-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Words feel inadequate here. My deepest sympathies to the entire family.

sleeping giant
05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
R.I.P. Liam

whereswallace?
05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry for you and your familys loss. The way Liam fought his illness was just an inspiration and although i never met him, i somehow felt connected from following his story on .net. and was truely touched by it. RIP Liam.

Biggie
05-04-2011, 10:08 PM
We all followed Liam's progress thru your great updates, and as others have said, since it had all gone quiet I assumed everything was okay and Liam was getting better.
Can't imagine what you are going through, so sad, RIP Liam and god bless you.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
truly saddened to hear this, R.I.P. young man and sincere condolences to all his family and friends

Hibbie_Cameron
05-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Very sad news.

I used to look forward to the updates on here to find out about Liam's health and his love of the Hibs.

Like others, i had presumed that all was going well in the last year or so.

Best wishes to you and your family

RIP Liam Munro

Craig_HFC
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Tragic news. My thoughts are with you all.

RIP Liam.

Stantons Angel
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Im very sorry to hear of Liam's passing.

Your memories of such a wonderful son and a great Hibby will see you through the dark times ahead.

Ive a lovely son myself and i can only imagine the pain you feel at losing him.

My heart goes out to the family.

May God give you the strength to get through.

Best wishes to you all.

xxx

BSEJVT
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Like most of the other posters I thought no news was good news and Liam and you all were getting on with "normality"

Any words I have are totally inadequate.

RIP Liam and my best wishes to you all.

HibbyKeith
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Very sad news.

Thoughts are with you and yours at this terribly sad time.

R.I.P Liam

HNA6
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Sad to hear of Liam's passing, thoughts to the family.

R.I.P hibbie ..

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Tragic news, i too thought no news was good news. I cant imagine the pain you must be feeling, my thoughts are with all his family.

matty_f
05-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Tragic news, i too thought no news was good news. I cant imagine the pain you must be feeling, my thoughts are with all his family.

Same here.

R.I.P. Liam.

Kaff
05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Very proud to support Hibs the day he met the teams at Easter Road, Hibs treated him superbly and he was a credit to his family. Well done to Craig Brewster too.
Hope he rests in peace and your family take comfort from the respect shown here

Sir David Gray
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Very sorry to hear about Liam's death.

I can remember the match where he led the team out and I can remember hearing about how proud he was to have done that.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I think every Hibs fan who reads this will be very, very sad. Thoughts are with Liam's family and friends, and through their terrible loss and great sadness, I hope that they can remain inspired by the great courage shown by this young guy.

Peevemor
05-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I think every Hibs fan who reads this will be very, very sad. Thoughts are with Liam's family and friends, and through their terrible loss and great sadness, I hope that they can remain inspired by the great courage shown by this young guy.

I couldn't have put it better.

RIP Liam.

LeithBoozy
06-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I am distressed to hear this sad news, may god bless you son.

Ray_
06-04-2011, 12:43 AM
So sorry to hear this tragic news, my heart and thoughts are with you, your family and friends as you start the journey to try and come to terms with the loss of such a wonderful and brave son. Bless you all.

The_Horde
06-04-2011, 12:59 AM

Second that bob, and can vouch for the first sentence. I never met Liam but used to enjoy reading how he was doing and like others assumed no news was good news.

RIP Liam.

Greentinted
06-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't have the words. So sorry to hear of your loss. It puts many things in perspective.

RIP young man. Sincerely.

hibbymac
06-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Very sad to hear this. I never met Liam, but felt I knew him with reading his posts on here, ...... Link Here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?84390-Liam-Munro-His-Story-So-Far.........&highlight=)

He was one very brave young man.
RIP Liam and sincere condolences to all the family

Hank Schrader
06-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Very sad news.

Rest in peace Liam

We done it Dad
06-04-2011, 06:07 AM
R.I.P. Liam .A very brave young man.

Barney McGrew
06-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Very sad news.

RIP Liam.

leemel
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
God bless your courage.
RIP Liam

Beefster
06-04-2011, 06:31 AM
This is desperately sad news. My thoughts go out to Liam's family and everyone who loved him.

Liam's story should be an inspiration to everyone.

TrinityHibs
06-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Truly sorry to hear such sad news. I do not know what else to say.

ronaldo7
06-04-2011, 07:03 AM
So so sorry to hear this sad news. I too used to love the updates from Mum (cuddles), and the determination shown by Liam against his illness. His trip to Easter Road with his Grandad in floods of tears, and his trip to Inverness to see HIS TEAM.

He was a true fighter and will be remembered for a long long time.

My thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

soupy
06-04-2011, 07:05 AM
RIP Liam.

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Not much i can add to what has been said above.

Used to enjoy reading the updates about how Liam was doing and as others have said assumed no news was good news.

The day he led Hibs out at Easter Rad was one that made me very proud to be a Hibs supporter. His, and your whole families, determination and courage was truly inspiring.

RIP Liam.

tanfield
06-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Very saddened to hear this news.

RIP Liam. A true inspiration to the rest of us.

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2011, 07:35 AM
R.I.P. Liam

Others have covered already how most of us feel. Terribly sad news.
Craig.

Betty Boop
06-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Very sad news. Heartfelt condolences to family and friends, and may you rest in peace Liam.

phoenixfire
06-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Deeply sorry to hear of Liams passing
my thoughts and prayers are with you
at this time
RIP Liam

The_Sauz
06-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Words fail me at this sad & shocking news!
Like all posters on here, I took it that Liam was getting better, but too hear this, is just a bit hard to take.
My Heartfelt condolences to all family and friends

R.I.P Liam
Gone but never forgoten

Captain Trips
06-04-2011, 08:21 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Liam while he was in Glsgow's Southern general getting some treatment and had a great wee chat about Hibs and his favourite player at the time Sproule.

I saw right away that Liam who would have been about 15 or 16 at the time was a fighter of immense courage and had no doubts he would improve of which I believe he did for a time.

Alas like many the no news is good news was always in the mind and we hoped to hear from you one day with better news.

Please do not be a stranger and let us know how you are all doing when you feel ready, I would like to wish you all well and hope you can get through the coming hours days and weeks, you always have support on here.

Lastly RIP Liam, I will not forget our meeting hope you got a wee lift from it as I certainly learned a lot from it. Take care of yourselves.

:flag:

Houchy
06-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Tragic news and I never know what to say in times like this. Although I never met him or knew him personally, I (like many others) remember him leading out the side, proud as punch.

Rest in Peace Liam and my heartfelt thoughts to all friends and family.

hibee_girl
06-04-2011, 09:04 AM
RIP Liam

brog
06-04-2011, 09:09 AM

As usual Bob finds the right words. Although Liam was one of our own I'm sure his courage inspired the whole football community & everyone with whom he came in contact. Like Bob I hope that's of some comfort at this awful time.

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
What a moving opening post.

RIP Liam, and sincere condolences to his Family and friends..........

dangermouse
06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I'll never forget the day Liam led out the team at Easter Road. I watched his grandad wheel him up the side of the West Stand almost in tears because of the rousing reception he got.

Never met him, but his inner strength and determination should be an inspiration to us all.

So, so sorry for your loss.

RIP Liam.

JimBHibees
06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Very sad to hear the passing of what seemed like a very courageous and inspirational young man.

RIP Liam.

berwickhibee
06-04-2011, 09:29 AM
a true inspiration to us all,RIP young sir.:flag:

Cabbage East
06-04-2011, 09:37 AM
God Bless Liam.

Billy
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Shocked and saddened to hear this devastating news.

I have been very fortunate, as I got to meet Liam and his family on many occasions and to see the determination of Liam grow each time was inspirational.

RIP Liam, I am blessed to have known you.

Billy

bawheid
06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Tragic news. Nothing I can add to what's been said. My thoughts are with Liam's family and friends.

sunshine1875
06-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Very sad news.

I have also thought about him recently, wondering how he was doing.

At times of such loss, it is good to always reflect on the happy times. It was a humbling experience watching him lead out the team against ICT - I clapped with tears in my eyes.

MichelleHibs
06-04-2011, 10:03 AM
So sorry to hear this news Cuddles, when i logged on and saw the thread title my first thoughts were wonder what hes doing now? Truly shocked to go on and read of his passing. Your son was an inspiration to many. Sincere condolences to you and your family. RIP Liam.

aljo7-0
06-04-2011, 10:11 AM
So sorry to hear the news. My thoughts are with you and yours.

hibbiedon
06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
R.I.P. Liam, A great guy. I was lucky enough to spend a little time with Liam and his grandad when they visited Easter Road and he was a remarkable young man, my thoughts are with his family who should take a little comfort from the fact that Liam touched so many lives

Lucius Apuleius
06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
A person never truly dies whilst there is one person alive who knows of them. Liam will live for a long long time with the respect gained from his courage.

RIP young man, and to the family, may you find the strength to get through this without too much pain.

basehibby
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I didn't know Liam, but the story of a youngster such as he battling bravely against illness is humbling and inspirational in equal measure.

My sympathies go out to his familly and friends - I hope the pride you can rightly feel for him can help you through your grief.

RIP Liam.

Green Man
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. Liam was an inspirational and although I never met him, I was delighted to see him leading the team out at Easter Road. Like others I imagined Liam was getting on fine. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace Liam.

Cropley10
06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I vividly remember that day at Easter Road when he led the team out. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I had a tear in my eye and lump in my throat too.

God Bless Liam and may he Rest In Peace. May you find strength and comfort in the difficult times ahead.

Sammy7nil
06-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Words feel inadequate here. My deepest sympathies to the entire family.

I agree with the above very sad news.

Berwickhibby
06-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Very sad news indeed..... Rest in Peace Liam :flag:

BigKev
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Tragic is a word often overused but in this case feels inadequate.

RIP Liam, thoughts and best wishes to all his family and friends.

Lmc2105
06-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Liam's story touched my heart as am sure it did the same with many others,

Was such a strong Lad

So sorry to hear of your loss,

God Bless you liam

Sleep tight,

Lee,

Hibby D
06-04-2011, 12:11 PM
It was very humbling following your story all those months and like many others I've wrongly assumed you've been doing well. My heart is broken for your Mum and Dad and the rest of your family and friends. God willing, their wonderful memories of you will see them through some of the dark days ahead.

Much Love

May you Rest in Peace

Diane xx

khib70
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tragic news. I too remember him leading the team out at ER, and following his story on Hibs.net. A brave young man who was a credit to himself, his family and Hibernian.

Rest in peace, Liam.

Seveno
06-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Liam enriched the lives of all his fellow Hibbies. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Sincere condolences.

ALF TUPPER
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Very sad to be reading read this post today.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Munro family and friends. x

Rest in Peace Liam

Stuart Crowther
06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Shattering news.

Liam was the bravest man I had ever met.

Also I have never seen so much love as I witnessed in the Munro family, and the way they gathered around Liam. Inspirational is the word often used, but when you see a family and how they deal with things like this, it hardly describes the feelings.

My thoughts are with you all, I know you will miss Liam dreadfully but I also know that everyone who ever met Liam will never forget him, RIP my Hibby friend.

Stuart

Liam89
06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
RIP Liam.

silverhibee
06-04-2011, 02:41 PM
R.I.P. Liam.

frazeHFC
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I remember when he came on the pitch and his story was very saddening.

RIP Liam and my condolences to all his family.

NeilOrrSquareBa
06-04-2011, 04:27 PM
To you all
Strength and fortitude.

To Liam
Love and peace.

:agree:

ancienthibby
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Cuddles,

I am very truly saddened to hear this news about young Liam.

Not just because he was your fine, inspiring young son, but because I know about cancer in my own life, so I give you greatest sympathy and my prayers for the well-being of the family.

I have read your posts from the start - Liam, the young man, was not the only hero - you all are!!

May God bless you real good!!

Aubenas
06-04-2011, 04:52 PM
RIP Liam. I hope the happy memories you leave of your courage and determination will be solace to your family in the months ahead. You must have made them so proud and brought such love into their lives. God Bless, you touched the entire Hibs Family.

mim
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
RIP Liam.

Sincere condolences to all family and friends.

May your God go with you.

greenlex
06-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Extremely humbled by Liams story. I sincerely hope his family are endowed with the future they surely deserve.

bruno
06-04-2011, 05:42 PM
When I first started viewing Hibs.net the first thread I always opened was the ongoing courageous fight this young man had. He was obviously in great pain but his efforts to live as normal a life as possible were truly inspirational.
The love of his family shone through and as a parent I have a tear in my eyes writing this.

The strength he and his family had to achieve his ambition of leading Hibs out shows that when a courageous person has a goal they will achieve it against all the odds.

His fight for life was ultimately unwinnable but the courage he showed I will never forget reading about.

May you rest in peace Liam and God Bless your wonderful family may they draw strength from your memory and the heart felt condolences from many football fans touched by your story.

FranckSuzy
06-04-2011, 05:45 PM
What do people think of starting a fund for Liam's family, to do with as they see fit? I would be willing to contribute to anything that helps to commemorate this remarkable young man who has touched so many.

essexhibee
06-04-2011, 05:49 PM
R.I.P Liam.

My thoughts are with your family at this obviously very difficult time.

jakki
06-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I was fortunate to meet Liam and his family when they came through to Livingston. I will remember Liam as a brave lad who liked to joke with everyone. I am sorry that I didn't keep in contact but as many have said, I wrongly thought he had overcome his illness.

R.I.P Liam. I for one will never forget you.

To your loving family, I wish them all the best and hope, through time,they can remember all the good times you gave them.

God bless you all.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-04-2011, 06:30 PM
R.I.P Liam

McD
06-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Stunned and saddened to hear about Liam, had a sinking feeling as soon as I saw the thread title. A young man of extraordinary courage, and a deep loss to all who knew him, and even to those of us on here who never had the pleasure of meeting Liam.

My deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your family.

oldbiker
06-04-2011, 06:43 PM
My thoughts and prayers to Liam and his family

IWasThere2016
06-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Sad news, Cuddles.

RIP Liam.

grantonhibee
06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
very sorry to hear this R.I.P Liam

HibeeSince85
06-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

R.I.P Liam

Judas Iscariot
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
No words can discribe how sorry I am for all of Liams family and friends

RIP Liam

A inspiration to all who knew him

just_joe
06-04-2011, 11:02 PM
RIP Liam , im really shocked about this. condolences to all the friends & family.

The Harp
06-04-2011, 11:05 PM
So sorry to learn of Liam's passing. As others have said, Liam was an inspiration, and I'm proud to support the same club as this brave young man. Who among us who were there when he led the team out, will ever forget the moment? I can't even imagine the pain the family are going through at this time. I hope the love and respect Liam earned, helps even just a little.
My sincere condolences to all the family.
RIP Liam

Gerard
07-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Very proud to support Hibs the day he met the teams at Easter Road, Hibs treated him superbly and he was a credit to his family. Well done to Craig Brewster too.
Hope he rests in peace and your family take comfort from the respect shown here

RIP Liam
Gerard

GORDONSMITH7
07-04-2011, 12:16 AM
What a great wee fighter.

BIG G

just_joe
07-04-2011, 03:38 AM
This boys story really would bring a tear to a glass eye. A really brave young man who loved the hibees! I like most people was unhappy with the derby game but then for me to read this really does put everything into perspective. I just wanna give my condolences to the family at this sad time.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Don't normally post on folks I didn't know but I could not fail to be touched by the news

Rip Liam

Hibee_Craig7062
07-04-2011, 11:36 AM
very sad news indeed. Thoughts are with you all and RIP Liam

kaimendhibs
07-04-2011, 11:45 AM
RIP Liam

Purehibee_MYB
07-04-2011, 11:53 AM
My deepest condolences to all his family, I recently lost a friend of the same age and having people to help you through this time is a great help...Everyone on here is there to support you through this time.

R.I.P Liam

wick hibby
07-04-2011, 09:33 PM
R I P liam what can i say

delbert
07-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Did'nt know Liam or his family, but on reading through this thread, clearly a brave and inspirational young man, who has been supported throughout by a dignified and courageous family, the character shown by Liam will hopefully give his family and friends comfort in the future during the difficult times ahead.

RIP Liam, my thoughts are with you mate, and with those who obviously loved you so much.

vincipernoi
07-04-2011, 10:28 PM
You are much loved

Rest in Peace Liam

Little Miss Perfect
08-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Shocked and saddened to hear this devastating news.

RIP Liam

Sincere condolences to the Munro Family
xxx

shagpile
08-04-2011, 06:26 PM
very sad news.

RIP Liam.

FromTheCapital
09-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Devastating News.

R.I.P Liam.

roondheid
09-04-2011, 11:17 AM
We all followed Liam's progress thru your great updates, and as others have said, since it had all gone quiet I assumed everything was okay and Liam was getting better.

This is what i thought too, sad news. :boo hoo:

NOLA
10-04-2011, 11:54 PM
i remember reading the updates on liam when he was in hospital, very sad he lost his battle, RIP

confused
11-04-2011, 05:57 AM
I am truly sorry for you all, i never met my "MATE" but we enjoyed a lot of banter when he showed me courage and inspiration after i had my first leg "repaired" Liam i thank you for the help you gave me, the inspiration , the courage ,determination, you showed, which was the kick up the backside i needed, you were a super star, one of MY hibs hero's. R.I.P.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2011, 08:19 AM
sad to hear this.

Had a tear in my eye the day Liam lead the team out.

Always sad when a fellow Hibby passes, especially such an obviously brave one.

R.I.P Liam

Gorebridge Hibb
12-04-2011, 02:59 PM
sad to hear this.

Had a tear in my eye the day Liam lead the team out.

Always sad when a fellow Hibby passes, especially such an obviously brave one.

R.I.P Liam

What can you say when someone so young and so brave passes away?

Remember well the day Liam led the team out.

My thoughts are with all of you at this sad time.:flag::flag: