PDA

View Full Version : More Tickets to Old Firm and Hearts Fans at Easter Road?

LaMotta
05-04-2011, 06:46 PM
From next season should we have a couple of thousand seats in the West Stand sold to Old Firm and Hearts fans, on top of their current allocation?

Benefits - Likely Sell outs, better atmosphere, increased revenue

Drawbacks - More undesirables in the Stadium, better backing for the away team, specific area being set aside meaning Season Tickets couldn't be bought there.

I'd rather we obviously just sold out our own area, but with big games always on TV its going to be difficult as things stand. Maybe if we were doing better sell outs would be easily achieved? I dunno.

Thoughts? :greengrin

Saorsa
05-04-2011, 06:48 PM
From next season should we have a couple of thousand seats in the West Stand sold to Old Firm and Hearts fans, on top of their current allocation?

Drawbacks - More undesirables in the Stadium, better backing for the away team, specific area being set aside meaning Season Tickets couldn't be bought there.

I'd rather we obviously just sold out our own area, but with big games always on TV its going to be difficult as things stand. Maybe if we were doing better sell outs would be easily achieved? I dunno.

Thoughts? :greengrinjust the one, I'll let you guess what it is.

Frazerbob
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
To be honest, Rangers, Celtic and especially Hearts struggle to sell out their current allocation these days.

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Segregation issues, more chance of bother....It wont happen IMO

Onceinawhile
No we should be trying to grow the fan base. as well as that if we were in better form and had been better this season we would have be selling more.

Geo_1875
Total non-starter. You'd lose a couple of hundred seats for segregation. You'd have increased policing/stewarding costs. You'd have a block completely empty when you play the "smaller" teams as ST holders wouldn't want these seats.

lucky
05-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Are you Rod Petrie?

--------
05-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Total non-starter. You'd lose a couple of hundred seats for segregation. You'd have increased policing/stewarding costs. You'd have a block completely empty when you play the "smaller" teams as ST holders wouldn't want these seats.

And there's the question of how the said fans leave the stadium. Could see problems on the West Stand concourse....

scott7_0(Prague)
05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
And there's the question of how the said fans leave the stadium. Could see problems on the West Stand concourse....

How do they do it the south stand when it is shared?

iwasthere1972
05-04-2011, 07:25 PM

As far as I am aware, we've never shared the South stand for a Cat A match and when I've been in that stand on the odd occasion against Dundee U, Aberdeen we've all exited at the same time. Never witnessed any problems but there certainly would be if we were sharing with Celtic, Rangers and them.

scott7_0(Prague)
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM
As far as I am aware, we've never shared the South stand for a Cat A match and when I've been in that stand on the odd occasion against Dundee U, Aberdeen we've all exited at the same time. Never witnessed any problems but there certainly would be if we were sharing with Celtic, Rangers and them.

Really, I couldn't imagine all leaving together. Someone would defo do or say something!!!!

Simple to install some movable door-wall to seperate the areas.

hibee_girl
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM

When we got moved to the South last season they let us out first and kept the Rangers/Celtic/Hearts fans behind for a while.

green&left
05-04-2011, 07:32 PM

We shared the South Stand for 3 Cat A games last season.

Fans mixed together walking to the game, usual shouting, singing, banter etc, verbals and the odd missile getting passed across the segragation point with away fans being kept in after the game. Nae real problems...

iwasthere1972
05-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Really, I couldn't imagine all leaving together. Someone would defo do or say something!!!!

Simple to install some movable door-wall to seperate the areas.

Memory lapse. Although it was only last season yes we did share the south with Celtic, Rangers and them. :doh:

Judas Iscariot
05-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Are you on glue?

:agree:

Hibs Class
05-04-2011, 07:40 PM
To be honest, Rangers, Celtic and especially Hearts struggle to sell out their current allocation these days.

:agree: I was surprised how many empty seats there were in their end on Sunday.

HibeeMcGinn1
05-04-2011, 08:17 PM
IMO it doesnt matter if it will get us a sell out or more cash etc I dont want any of the smellies in our stand. I hated it last season but I knew it was just for a short period of time, couldnt handle it again.

Albanian Hibs
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Why??? When they can barely sell out their allocation at the moment :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
No danger, Easter Road is for Hibs fans! Plus green seats are much better looking than bigots and jambos. Or even jambo bigots.

Jack
05-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I would be horrified if the Club were even to consider this at this time. We have to try and build our own support.

lyonhibs
05-04-2011, 08:50 PM
:agree:

:agree: :agree:

Having OF fans be filthy ****mers and creep into the home end in small pockets is bad enough, but for the club to actively pursue their money and fill even one section of the home end with OF or - god forbid - Hearts fans is unthinkable.

Sas_The_Hibby
05-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Not a good idea.

It's easy enough to fumigate the entire South Stand, much more difficult to fumigate just part of the West......

DH1875
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Wasn't just last season. We had to share when the West was being built.

On the main point, NO danger should we be giving any of them extra seats. By my reckoning we were only something like 2500 short of a sell out against the Yams. Not bad for a team in 9th. Wait till we're up the top end of the league and pushing for trophies, you'll struggle to get a ticket :greengrin.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM

lol

Hermit Crab
05-04-2011, 11:03 PM

Aye very good mate. :taxi :bye:

LeithBoozy
06-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I would not have a problem with this, as long as hibs install electric chairs. :greengrin

killie-hibby
06-04-2011, 06:13 AM
More tickets to the Rantic would only reinforce their delusional self importance and perpetuate the myth that Scottish football cant survive without them. Poisoning the atmosphere with more of them in our stadium would deter some Hibs supporters from attending those games.

Jack
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
This is now the 6th April not the first, you're a bit late :na na:

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Why don't we just go all the way and really bow down to the OF and give them behind both goals in the same way as Killie, St Johnstone etc do?

I'm sure Hibs fans would be quite happy in just the East and West.

Keith_M
06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
A couple of points on this.

I don't think exiting the stadium would be a problem, as the visiting support at the south end of the West Stand could be let out of the gate that opens directly on to Albion Road, where the rest of the visitors are.

Segregation inside the upper section of the West stand wouldn't be a problem, as that end is already divided off from the rest of the stand. The problem would come in how you'd let fans enter and leave the lower section. It could mean having to allocate almost half of the lower West for visitors/segregation.

My final point is that, if we sold all but 2,000 or so seats against Hearts in such a cr*p season, we could surely sell more when we're doing well. On that basis, I'd like to see Hibs go with the current seating arrangements for next season at least before we start selling out more tickets to 'the enemy'.

Arch Stanton
06-04-2011, 10:37 AM

If they were given the south sections of the West Upper and West Lower then I don't reckon it would be a problem splitting the concourse - they'd have their own gate to join the people leaving the South Stand.

marinello59
06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
If they were given the south sections of the West Upper and West Lower then I don't reckon it would be a problem splitting the concourse - they'd have their own gate to join the people leaving the South Stand.

The lower concourse on that side couldn't be split, it's far too small. So we'd have to hand them a whole side.
How about the East Stand. The concourse over there is perfect for segregation. :devil:

Seriously though, is there any demand for this? :confused:

WindyMiller
06-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong; but I'm sure our attendance figure of 17,800 is exactly that......... attendees. We then need to add on those ST's who had paid but didn't attend, and never do when the Hertz or O.F. are in town.

If I'm correct in my assumption, then sold seats would be nearer 19k.

Or I could be talking bollox.:aok:

allezsauzee
06-04-2011, 12:39 PM
i'm not convienced the old firm or Hearts would sell many more tickets if the game is on tv and the extra policing & stewarding would probably eat up the extra revenue. in addition you're going to need to re-locate season ticket holders. we should be looking at giving tickets to local schools for all the games, it would be a great investment for the future.

Hibs90
06-04-2011, 12:42 PM
You are either a yam on the wind up or a total idiot. NEVER.

JimBHibees
06-04-2011, 12:44 PM
i'm not convienced the old firm or Hearts would sell many more tickets if the game is on tv and the extra policing & stewarding would probably eat up the extra revenue. in addition you're going to need to re-locate season ticket holders. we should be looking at giving tickets to local schools for all the games, it would be a great investment for the future.

Completely this idea would be a complete waste of time IMO especially when we have just played to a crowd of just short of 18k in a 20k stadium. The hassle of splitting the stands, the increased likelihood of bother in a shared stand, the increased costs of policing and stewarding and also the chance that less Hibs fans would go if they percieved an increased chance of trouble near them would IMO make this a non-starter.

frazeHFC
06-04-2011, 03:50 PM
No way. With more of them in our stands it'd we horrific!

marinello59
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
No way. With more of them in our stands it'd we horrific!

I'd space everybody out around the stadium, home fan, away fan,, home fan, away fan, home fan ,away fan and then we could all live together in perfect harmony. Or have loads of one on one punch ups. :agree: