PDA

View Full Version : Question Who Will Be The Next Hibs Player to Sign A New Contract?

Purehibee_MYB
05-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Who will be the next player to renew their contract and when do you think it will happen?

Reaper
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Who will be the next player to renew their contract and when do you think it will happen?

Liam Miller if a rumour I heard is to be believed. I'm not sure wether to believe it or not.

TamHibs
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Liam Miller if a rumour I heard is to be believed. I'm not sure wether to believe it or not.

Which is?

Hibbie_Cameron
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
I would say Miller too.

I really hope he stays

FromTheCapital
05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Liam Miller

sunshine1875
05-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Not true until it is on footballrumours.co.uk :offski:

IWasThere2016
05-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it could be Miller also.

woodythehibee
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Realistically, I think Miller and Vaz Te will sign extentions, I think the rest, including Smith, Dickoh, Riordan etc will be offloaded.

BEEJ
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
The favourites for new contracts must be Miller, Stevenson and Vaz Te.

I would have included Dicoh in that list a few weeks ago but rumours suggest that he'll be leaving too.

Winston Ingram
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM

I would have included Dicoh in that list a few weeks ago but rumours suggest that he'll be leaving too.

This

SteveHFC
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Miller and Vaz Te.

HH81
05-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I have only been up to one live game this season but I must have seen hibs around 6-8 times on tv.

Miller has underperformed in all of them except Motherwell first game. Not sure why so many want him to stay :confused:

Just my opinion.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Players who are out of contract in the summer;

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Richie Towell
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Miller
Ricardo Vaz Te
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Derek Riordan
Colin Nish

Out of that list, I only see Miller as an almost certainty to sign a new deal so for that reason, I'll say him.

Vaz Te and Riordan are possibilities.

Westie1875
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Richie Towell
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Miller
Ricardo Vaz Te
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Derek Riordan
Colin Nish

Out of that list, I only see Miller as an almost certainty to sign a new deal so for that reason, I'll say him.

Those in green I'd like to keep, think Miller & Vaz Te are most likely though.

Frogga
05-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I've heard from a reliable-ish source that Stevenson isn't getting a new contract as he's too lightweight for the midfield Calderwood wants.

Just passing on what I've been told.

scoopyboy
05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I have only been up to one live game this season but I must have seen hibs around 6-8 times on tv.

Miller has underperformed in all of them except Motherwell first game. Not sure why so many want him to stay :confused:

Just my opinion.

Maybe many who want him to stay have seen much more of him than you.

Just my explanation.

scoopyboy
05-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I've heard from a reliable-ish source that Stevenson isn't getting a new contract as he's too lightweight for the midfield Calderwood wants.

Someone should tell Lewis then cos he doesn't know.

Westie1875
05-04-2011, 08:48 PM

If Stevenson is too lightweight then you'd think that the same issue would apply to Miller?

Frogga
05-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Someone should tell Lewis then cos he doesn't know.

Just saying what I heard eh, if you know better then fair play mate.

oldbutdim
05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Is Towell's deal with Celtc up in the summer? Or does the OP refer to the loan deal with Hibs?
I'm assuming it's just the loan................:confused:

scoopyboy
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Just saying what I heard eh, if you know better then fair play mate.

Nah, not sure I do know better.

I know up until recently Lewis hadn't heard one way or another.

He may have been told in the last few days or as in the case of Ewan Moyes someone might know before the player has been told.

For the record I thought it was terrible that others knew about Ewan not getting a new contract before the player. Hibs do most things right IMO but players should be the first to know if they aren't being kept on.

HH81
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Maybe many who want him to stay have seen much more of him than you.

Just my explanation.

No I do understand that but I'm basing my opinion on games I see and he is not great.

He hides in the big games and they are the ones I usually see.

scoopyboy
05-04-2011, 09:12 PM
No I do understand that but I'm basing my opinion on games I see and he is not great.

He hides in the big games and they are the ones I usually see.

I thought he was very good on Sunday and when we won 2-1 at Parkhead last season and 3-0 at Ibrox this season he was the best player on the park.

I do agree however he hasn't been as consistent as we would have anticipated.

I want him to stay and I hope that with better players around him we will get a lot more out of him.

Frogga
05-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Nah, not sure I do know better.

I know up until recently Lewis hadn't heard one way or another.

He may have been told in the last few days or as in the case of Ewan Moyes someone might know before the player has been told.

For the record I thought it was terrible that others knew about Ewan not getting a new contract before the player. Hibs do most things right IMO but players should be the first to know if they aren't being kept on.

Aye totally agree. From what I'd been told he has been told by the club but it could be be nonsense.

.Sean.
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Richie Towell
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Miller
Ricardo Vaz Te
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Derek Riordan
Colin Nish

I'd offer terms to Miller, Riordan, Vaz Te, Stack and Stevenson, I wouldn't however push the boat out to keep them if they asked for a decent wage hike. I'd like to see the players i've mentioned stay but if i'm being brutally honest I wouldn't be overly dissapointed if the decided it was time to move on, Riordan included.

As for Trakys and Duffy, dear oh dear. Fair enough Duffy's been hampered by injuries (then again, he has showed nothing when he has played), but Trakys has simply been a complete and utter waste of a wage. Good yin Yogi.

BEEJ
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Richie Towell
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Miller
Ricardo Vaz Te
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Derek Riordan
Colin Nish

Plus Byrne, Moyes, Flynn and Welsh are out of contract.

We already know the destiny of Moyes and Flynn.

DH1875
05-04-2011, 10:07 PM

Hope so :agree:.

Just my opinion.

He's been a big improvement of late and looks like he's pulled the finger out.

MyJo
05-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Graeme Smith
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Colin Nish

:taxi: :taxi: :taxi: :bye:

Graham Stack :deal:
Richie Towell :deal:
Francis Dickoh :deal:
Liam Miller :deal:
Ricardo Vaz Te :deal:
Derek Riordan :deal:

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Richie Towell
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
John Rankin
Kevin McBride
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Miller
Ricardo Vaz Te
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Derek Riordan
Colin Nish

I'd keep those, unsure about Riordan and Stevenson.

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Calderwood revealed yesterday that there is no sense of uncertainty uniting the 11 out of contract players who remain on staff. Those who he wants to keep have been informed, and those he is happy to see move on have also been made aware that their days at the club are coming to an end. "More or less everyone knows already," confirmed Calderwood yesterday, on the eve of his side's trip to face Celtic at Parkhead.

The manager revealed that he had been informing players of their status since the turn of the year. The fate of Richie Towell, the on-loan signing from Celtic who must sit out tonight's meeting, has still to be decided, with the Parkhead club's input required before Calderwood can begin making an attempt to secure his signature on a permanent basis. Ricardo Vaz Te, whose short term contract expires at the end of this season, is another whose future is not yet cut-and-dried. "He (Vaz Te] has everything to prove and we are enjoying what we see so far," said Calderwood. "There's one or two who are in different situations, and who have not been fit."

But for the others who it had been presumed were operating in a form of limbo the assessment has already been made, as well as delivered. "I am not going to give a list out because it is just a conversation we have had between two individuals," said Calderwood. "At some point it will come out." It is the annual culling process that has become so familiar at football clubs, but often managers prefer to leave players in a state of suspense for fear they might unconsciously, or even consciously, begin switching off. Calderwood, however, can't wait to begin preparing for next season now that he has found his feet at Easter Road, with his side hoping to extend an unbeaten run of seven league matches this evening.The process of identifying signing targets began in October last year, he revealed - just days after he arrived. The need for an overhaul became almost immediately apparent as Hibs continued on a disastrous run of form.

Their recent spate of better results has cheered the fans. However, Hibs' inability to close out victory against rivals Hearts on Sunday means Hibs will likely face the prospect of bottom six football after the split.

It promises to be a low-octane series of fixtures, with Hibs having now surely extinguished the threat of relegation. For fans, there is not even the added spice of watching players do everything in their power to try and win new contracts. Calderwood, however, is relishing the opportunity to begin shaping his side ahead of next season.

"I think we have a lot to play for ourselves," he said.

"I don't see any days off in any of the games that we have got. I think everyone will be under examination. You are seeing different characteristics.

"There may not be the pressure or tension of being in a European spot or steering away from the relegation zone - we have had those moments in the season, and hopefully we don't go back to them. What we will see is how professional they are in terms of trying to win a game. There should be no less of an appetite to do that."

Calderwood has taken the reasonable view that there is no point keeping players, many of whom have families, in the dark with regard to their future.

The exception seems to be Derek Riordan, who Calderwood yesterday told members of the broadcast media would be continuing to hold talks with the Easter Road club. While it seems likely that Calderwood has informed the striker of his intention to retain his services, Riordan himself, it appears, wishes to assess his options.

Wonder who he's let go, and it would be good to keep Towell, although i would like to see Vaz Te offered a new deal sooner rather than later.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-has-decided-on.6746746.jp

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 07:40 AM
I'd keep Miller definitely.

Vaz Te has looked decent so far but i'll reserve full judgement for another couple of weeks yet.

Towell i'd keep if Celtic were willing to deal sensibly.

Dickoh and Stevenson are possibilities but i don't believe there isn't better out there in our price range.

Stack i'd like to keep but we just can't afford a keeper who is unfit for 3/4s of every season

Riordan i'd keep if it was on our terms, if he's not willing to play ball he can go.

The rest i'd punt.

H18sry
06-04-2011, 07:56 AM
"The exception seems to be Derek Riordan, who Calderwood yesterday told members of the broadcast media would be continuing to hold talks with the Easter Road club. While it seems likely that Calderwood has informed the striker of his intention to retain his services, Riordan himself, it appears, wishes to assess his options."

Interesting last paragraph :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2011, 09:06 AM

i would agree with that :agree: always gives 100% though and i wish the young laddie all the best if indeed he does leave.

erin go bragh
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Realistically, I think Miller and Vaz Te will sign extentions, I think the rest, including Smith, Dickoh, Riordan etc will be offloaded.
according to todays paper.cc has told the 14 out of contract players which ones will be getting an offer of a new contract and who will not .
miller.va tez,riordan [would keep these 3 ]
ggtth
:cgwa

Purehibee_MYB
06-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Personally Miller is one to keep as is Vaz Te by the looks of things... I would also like to see Palsson sign an extension, and if he is willing to have a fair wage then I'd be more than happy for deeks to stay...but right now he doesn't merit being our top paid player

hibsbollah
06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
It might have been mentioned already but i have it on good authority that Riordan was given a public reprimand by CC for screaming at Booth on sunday and his attitude towards his younger teammates in general. Might be affecting the ongoing discussions?

Franck is God
06-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Graeme Smith - Will leave
Graham Stack - Will leave but probably due to injury record more than anything.
Richie Towell - Hope he stays, Scotsman hinted today that we are trying.
Francis Dickoh - Hope he stays
Steven Thicot - Will leave
John Rankin - Already confirmed by CC that he's going
Kevin McBride - Already left
Lewis Stevenson - Hope he stays
Liam Miller - Hope he stays
Ricardo Vaz Te - Hope he stays
Darryl Duffy - Loan ends
Valdas Trakys - Will leave
Derek Riordan - Can't see him staying for what I think Hibs will offer
Colin Nish - Will leave, I've heard St Johnstone is a done deal.

I think since January we have seen a glimpse of what CC expects from the players and now have an idea of how we might play next year.

I think that he will be looking for another keeper to replace Stack, one that is likely to be available for more than ten games a season, maybe Divis is the one to do that job, not seen him at all really.

I'd be stunned if we aren't trying to sign Towell permanently so it will just be down to what Sellick are looking for and whether of course he wants to stay.

Dickoh has played his way into a new contract offer and looks to have formed a good partnership with Hanlon.

Stevenson has clearly worked hard on his fitness since CC arrived and as he can play a few positions may get himself a new deal.

Liam Miller has looked a different player with actual support around him and players making runs ahead of him, had his best game of the season against Hearts on Sunday.

Vaz Te is definitely talented and has a lot to offer, the fact he was a free agent a month after the window closed suggests he didn't have too many offers so if he impresses I'd think there is an excellent chance of him being at ER next season.

If Riordan is offered a new deal I'd expect it to be on terms more favourable towards Hibs and it will be down to whether he has any better offers elsewhere. I personally think we'd be better off without him but I know thats not an opinion thats widely shared.

.Sean.
06-04-2011, 01:25 PM
It might have been mentioned already but i have it on good authority that Riordan was given a public reprimand by CC for screaming at Booth on sunday and his attitude towards his younger teammates in general. Might be affecting the ongoing discussions?I didn't hear of anything like that, but Riordan and Boothy get on pretty well. I wouldn't look into it too much if Riordan was screaming at anyone during the game on Sunday, he's clearly passionate during these games and wants to see the best from everyone.

archiebald
06-04-2011, 01:29 PM

Stevenson (dunno)

Hibs7
06-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Think Docoh should go, the defence isn't strong enough Hanson needs a more experienced ccentre half along side him.

jdships
06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Falkirk Hibbee wrote

Should that not read
Derek Riordan - Can't see him staying with what he will offer us :greengrin

frazeHFC
06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Think Docoh should go, the defence isn't strong enough Hanson needs a more experienced ccentre half along side him.

I think Dickoh is pretty experienced and has shown leadership skills at the back. I'd like to see him stay. Certainly was not saying this 3 months ago!

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I think Dickoh is pretty experienced and has shown leadership skills at the back. I'd like to see him stay. Certainly was not saying this 3 months ago!

Dare i say it, and tin hat is definitely on, but i think Hanlon is at times every bit as big a problem as Dickoh at the back.

J-C
06-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Miller has been offered a 2 yr deal as far as I'm aware and due to the fact his wife and kids are settled he should be signing.

Vaz Te has to be given another year at least, what I've seen so far is good, while Stevenson is a decent solid tackling midfielder who should be given a deal, he seems to improve depending on the manager, under JC looked good, Yogi disappeared and under CC seemed to look god again until broken bone in his foot.

Stack although a decent keeper in unreliable due to his constant injury problems, he may see Brown and Divis as his 2 main keepers.

Byrne put out on loan again will be away, seems to have found his level in the lower leagues.

Riordan may well sign but hopefully what I've seen of Vaz Te there is an instant replacement for him.

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 05:16 PM
How Long is Divis signed until?

For some reason i thought it was a loan til end of the season but i must be wrong:confused:

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 05:26 PM
It might have been mentioned already but i have it on good authority that Riordan was given a public reprimand by CC for screaming at Booth on sunday and his attitude towards his younger teammates in general. Might be affecting the ongoing discussions?
I have it on what I think is even better authority that someone is feeding you utter rubbish.:greengrin

woodythehibee
06-04-2011, 05:37 PM

For some reason i thought it was a loan til end of the season but i must be wrong:confused:

January 2012 I believe :agree:

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Everything I've read has said on loan until the end of the season.

R'Albin
06-04-2011, 05:48 PM
It seems he is only on loan.

Whats the point in signing him :confused:

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 05:56 PM
It seems he is only on loan.

Whats the point in signing him :confused:
Maybe to try him after the split?

Sir David Gray
06-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Falkirk Hibbee wrote

Should that not read
Derek Riordan - Can't see him staying with what he will offer us :greengrin

I didn't write that.

That comment was made by Franck is God. :agree:

He signed a year long loan deal which will expire in January 2012.

hibsbollah
06-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I have it on what I think is even better authority that someone is feeding you utter rubbish.:greengrin

Fair enough. It came from someone inside the club with no interest in mischief making but i cant verify its true.

ancient hibee
06-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Fair enough. It came from someone inside the club with no interest in mischief making but i cant verify its true.
I'm not taking the mickey-I know it's not:greengrincan't say why -it wouldn't be fair.

Reaper
06-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Which is?

That he has been offered a two year deal but wants 3 year deal. Please don't shoot the messenger I'm only repeating what I heard from my boss who knows Calderwood.

Westie1875
06-04-2011, 08:29 PM
That he has been offered a two year deal but wants 3 year deal. Please don't shoot the messenger I'm only repeating what I heard from my boss who knows Calderwood.

So is he getting the 3 years then? :greengrin

DH1875
06-04-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm sure your right. Can remember at the time thinking WTF is the point in that when he signed. In fact even now I'm thinking the same :greengrin

BEEJ
07-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sure your right. Can remember at the time thinking WTF is the point in that when he signed. In fact even now I'm thinking the same :greengrin
No, he's wrong.

Divis was signed on a one year loan until January 2012, as already stated on this thread.