PDA

View Full Version : Evening News Condones Pitch Invasion?

ehf
05-04-2011, 12:47 PM
From Barry Anderson's match report:

Yet Hearts never willingly bow in derbies and levelled within four minutes, prompting a mini pitch invasion at the away end.

One lone Jambo got over the advertising boards, meandered out towards Brown's penalty spot and stood in splendid isolation in front of the entire stadium. A few obscene gestures to the home support and he was carted off by the local constabulary. Nonetheless, his presence in the face of the disconsolate Hibernian fans summed up Hearts' defiance as they prised a result against the odds once again.

Certainly seemed to approve and portray the manky interloper (who was old enough to know better) as some sort of symbolic hero...

Full story here: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hibs-22-Hearts-Wounded-Hearts.6745726.jp

Kato
05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Barry Anderson is a verbose clown.

He'd was lyrical about one of Kevin Kyle's turds if his editor gave him the nod.

Part/Time Supporter
05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Banderson is Shaun Lawson and I claim my £10.

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
From Barry Anderson's match report:

Yet Hearts never willingly bow in derbies and levelled within four minutes, prompting a mini pitch invasion at the away end.

One lone Jambo got over the advertising boards, meandered out towards Brown's penalty spot and stood in splendid isolation in front of the entire stadium. A few obscene gestures to the home support and he was carted off by the local constabulary. Nonetheless, his presence in the face of the disconsolate Hibernian fans summed up Hearts' defiance as they prised a result against the odds once again.

Certainly seemed to approve and portray the manky interloper (who was old enough to know better) as some sort of symbolic hero...

Full story here: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hibs-22-Hearts-Wounded-Hearts.6745726.jp

It summed up Hearts defiance, did it Mr Anderson??? The lone jamboid broke the law and hopefully gets a nice long football banning order to show his defiance even further.....Plums

Pretty Boy
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
How Barry Anderson ever got a job as a 'journalist' i'll never know.

Total and utter fud who writes some of the most inane drivel i've ever had the misfortune to read.

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2011, 01:45 PM
How Barry Anderson ever got a job as a 'journalist' i'll never know.

Total and utter fud who writes some of the most inane drivel i've ever had the misfortune to read.

Totally agree, however Mr Gibson writes some inane drivel also. Maybe it is a pre-requisite to work on EEN?:confused:

matty_f
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
There was f*** all defiance from the Yams, we got in behind them time and time again, created enough chances to win 5 football matches and only poor finishing from us prevented Jefferies being on the end of another derby embarrassment.

Defiance would have been if they made life difficult for us in the second half, they didn't. We only have ourselves to blame for not taking three points, it certainly wasn't any kind of defiance!:rolleyes:

R'Albin
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
There was f*** all defiance from the Yams, we got in behind them time and time again, created enough chances to win 5 football matches and only poor finishing from us prevented Jefferies being on the end of another derby embarrassment.

Defiance would have been if they made life difficult for us in the second half, they didn't. We only have ourselves to blame for not taking three points, it certainly wasn't any kind of defiance!:rolleyes:

If Deek had had his shooting boots on we could have seen another 6-2! Not even including the other missed chances we had!

And defiance? Try getting a freekick that wasn't even a foul and scoring because of some ***** defending!

Seriously they are so deluded it's unreal!

matty_f
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
If Deek had had his shooting boots on we could have seen another 6-2! Not even including the other missed chances we had!

And defiance? Try getting a freekick that wasn't even a foul and scoring because of some ***** defending!

Seriously they are so deluded it's unreal!
:agree:

Trouble is there are Hibs fans who will accept that the Yams were good, that they deserved to be 3-0 up and that we only got into the game because they went down to 10 men.

The boy Elliott was saying after the game that they showed great spirit to get back into the game - bollocks! They never got back into the game, they scored a goal out of nothing but at no point whatsoever were they in the game from about 5 minutes before we won the penalty til the final whistle blew.

HibeeSince85
05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
The way Anderson is writing it you can tell he's secretly wishing it was him that could do that on the pitch, phanny!

Terrible journalism!

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The pettiness on here recently has been breathtaking.

Tricla
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM

:blah:

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM

Oh no it hasn't!

And even if it has, if you trawl back several posts on another thread I think you'll find that I made that point first.

So there.

--------
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
In answer it ehf's original question, I'd say, yes, he is condoning a pitch invasion.

Which should mean he gets a wee visit from L&B's finest to explain a few things to him.

KeithTheHibby
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
**** article, in a **** paper written by a ginger *****tain.

Andy74
05-04-2011, 08:10 PM
:agree:

Trouble is there are Hibs fans who will accept that the Yams were good, that they deserved to be 3-0 up and that we only got into the game because they went down to 10 men.

The boy Elliott was saying after the game that they showed great spirit to get back into the game - bollocks! They never got back into the game, they scored a goal out of nothing but at no point whatsoever were they in the game from about 5 minutes before we won the penalty til the final whistle blew.
That would be pretty accurate though? We were dire until they went a man down and although we controlled the ball afterwards we were not great with it.

Put it this way, if we had gone down to ten we'd have got murdered.

matty_f
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
That would be pretty accurate though? We were dire until they went a man down and although we controlled the ball afterwards we were not great with it.

Totally disagree with that. We did lots with the ball and created plenty clear chances. We were already coming back into the game before we won the penalty, watch out again and you'll see.

Disc O'Dave
06-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Totally disagree with that. We did lots with the ball and created plenty clear chances. We were already coming back into the game before we won the penalty, watch out again and you'll see.

I do recall that even before they scored we had at least two surging runs forward, which ended up with balls into the box. No different from their "could have been two up" comments.

If fact Ian Black decided to stay down for ages after a tackle in his now customary "trying to get fellow professionals booked" routine, which killed our momentum at that point.

Certainly nowhere near the maroon onslaught some folk seem to want to believe in....

matty_f
06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I do recall that even before they scored we had at least two surging runs forward, which ended up with balls into the box. No different from their "could have been two up" comments.

If fact Ian Black decided to stay down for ages after a tackle in his now customary "trying to get fellow professionals booked" routine, which killed our momentum at that point.

Certainly nowhere near the maroon onslaught some folk seem to want to believe in....

:top marks Spot on.

gilliecabbage
06-04-2011, 12:21 PM

we mustav been watching a different game.:wink: exactly how i seen it too.

Ritchie
06-04-2011, 12:29 PM
question..... Is Barry Anderson the ugliest journalist in the world?

Andy74
06-04-2011, 01:05 PM
we mustav been watching a different game.:wink: exactly how i seen it too.

No point pretending otherwise either. We want to compete next year, we've made great strides but we can't think that what we have done in terms of bringing people in has brought us close to the level we should be at yet.

Hearts didn't have to be very good but they almost put us and our new midfield away quite easily.

As I said above, if the ten men had been the other way around affter that opening period it could have been scary.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
No point pretending otherwise either. We want to compete next year, we've made great strides but we can't think that what we have done in terms of bringing people in has brought us close to the level we should be at yet.

Hearts didn't have to be very good but they almost put us and our new midfield away quite easily.

As I said above, if the ten men had been the other way around affter that opening period it could have been scary.

Well based on the fact that they only managed the 1 goal with 11 men I reckon it’d have been as scary for us with 10 men as it was for them.

So we’d have got a draw with 10 men as well or something.

We completed 11v11 - we were (as good as) level and then gave them a hiding when it was 11v10.

gilliecabbage
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
2nd half display against 10 men papered over the cracks imo
and tbh it wasnt really chance after chance.booth got in behind a few times and the final ball from everyone was poor.
sum may think its harsh but most will agree

Stevie Reid
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I have to agree with those who state that we were very much second best prior to the penalty incident - Elliott had two great chances prior to the goal, and Bouzhid missed a sitter too. We created nothing and spent the vast majority of the half on the backfoot - after half an hour, all in our group were in agreement that we would have taken 1-0 at half time right then. I don't have any issue with what we did after the penalty, we created loads of chances with Dickoh, Palsson and Riordan (mostly) all guilty of wasting them.

I have been delighted with our progress since CC made the January signings (and know there is still much more to come), and the subs he made to try and swing things in our favour - however I was hugely disappointed with how poorly we competed from the first whistle to the penalty, and really hope that in future derbies Calderwood can have them more fired up (in the right way) - Scott's stupid early booking seemed to affect our whole midfield up until Zaliukus was sent off.

aberhibsfc
06-04-2011, 03:03 PM
The one that gets right on my thrupney bits is Preston, according to him Hibs were never in the game.

(ps - my 3 year old is in sick kids so I had to settle for the radio).

Paterson was on to balance the Hibs - Hearts punditry but Preston never shuts up and Paterson requires a written invitation before he'll speak. Paterson whilst the Hibs analyst is always balanced and fair whereas Preston can't see past Hearts.

jakki
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
The one that gets right on my thrupney bits is Preston, according to him Hibs were never in the game.

(ps - my 3 year old is in sick kids so I had to settle for the radio).

Paterson was on to balance the Hibs - Hearts punditry but Preston never shuts up and Paterson requires a written invitation before he'll speak. Paterson whilst the Hibs analyst is always balanced and fair whereas Preston can't see past Hearts.

I hope your wee lad gets better soon. There's nothing worse than a child in hospital. All the best to you all