PDA

View Full Version : Ten team league

fatbloke
04-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Does anyone Know when the vote for this ridiculous idea is. Not buying season tickets until this is bombed out.

What are others doing.

PaulSmith
04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Does anyone Know when the vote for this ridiculous idea is. Not buying season tickets until this is bombed out.

What are others doing.

It's not for next season so you can relax and buy a season ticket tomorrow, maybe put in a letter with your cheque saying how unhappy you are with the proposal.

CallumLaidlaw
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I've already renewed. I go to watch hibs, not the teams they play against.

Plus next season will still be 12 teams no matter what

fatbloke
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
It's not for next season so you can relax and buy a season ticket tomorrow, maybe put in a letter with your cheque saying how unhappy you are with the proposal.

:agree:

Dr What If?
04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
I hear what you say about watching Hibs, no one else but (tin hat on) that's not really the case. Football is a funny business, yes, you want to beat your opponents but unlike running a shop, a football team cannot exist without its competition...we exist to compete.

A strong and exciting league brings in the customers, the fans. More fans should mean more money and lead to a better product. When our rivals strengthen, we get stronger...Aberdeen or Falkirk in a new stadium reflects on our league positively, that makes us stronger. A tried and failed 10 team structure with a second tier filled with reserve teams that no one wants weakens Hibs...who wants to watch that?

In a nutshell, Scottish football league goes down the toilet, we go with it.

IWasThere2016
04-04-2011, 10:43 PM
It is about the money - and self preservation for a few clubs. The SPL chairmen will be fearing this happening up here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-12965536.

down the slope
05-04-2011, 07:06 AM
The vote will be on monday the 18th of April , as for letting the board know your feelings about these proposals you are wasting your money on the postage writing to them as it seems they have already made up their mind which way to vote. Obviously they have to toe the line as Rod is on the board of the SPL as well so no surprise there.

CallumLaidlaw
05-04-2011, 07:34 AM
I hear what you say about watching Hibs, no one else but (tin hat on) that's not really the case. Football is a funny business, yes, you want to beat your opponents but unlike running a shop, a football team cannot exist without its competition...we exist to compete.

A strong and exciting league brings in the customers, the fans. More fans should mean more money and lead to a better product. When our rivals strengthen, we get stronger...Aberdeen or Falkirk in a new stadium reflects on our league positively, that makes us stronger. A tried and failed 10 team structure with a second tier filled with reserve teams that no one wants weakens Hibs...who wants to watch that?

In a nutshell, Scottish football league goes down the toilet, we go with it.

In that case, I dont see how boycotting hibs is going to help then? :confused:
If we want a better product, then we need to get behind our club.

HibbyDave
05-04-2011, 08:21 AM
In that case, I dont see how boycotting hibs is going to help then? :confused:If we want a better product, then we need to get behind our club.

Not boycotting Hibs. Just withholding my hard earned cash until the board listen to the fans and act on our wishes.
I do not want to support a ten team set up. I know it's not for next season but the vote is NOW and unless you make a stand those that run football will simply keep sticking it to you and charging you UP Front for the privilige.

I live in Fife and simply put, if I did not have a season ticket for Sunday I would have had a lie in and watched the match on TV.

Guess what is likely to happen in the future? Fans will be lost to the club but you have only one way to register your dissapproval of the way scottish football is going, Keep your cash in your pocket and choose the games to attend as and when you want.
Alternatively.... just give hibs the cash now and trust that all will be well, after all only two clubs ever win the league, we have won a massive three trophies in 40 years it's clearly great value!!

GGTTH

down the slope
05-04-2011, 08:54 AM
In that case, I dont see how boycotting hibs is going to help then? :confused:
If we want a better product, then we need to get behind our club.

But is it a better product ?, the ten we had before was worse than the twelve we have at the moment so how it is going to be better this time round just defeats me. I can understand some fans not being happy that some of us on here advocate staying away if this goes through but my beef is with the board not Hibs. The fans on here like myself would shut up about this if the board asked all fans their opinion on these proposals and if the majority wanted it then fine , the fact that they cannot be arsed or worse could not care is what annoys me most. By the way it was in a ten team league that a non OF team last won the league a fact Mr Doncaster was crowing about but that was 25 years ago !. Four non OF teams have won the league since we have had the smaller leagues which is roughly 9% but what he did not mention was that 14 non OF teams won the larger league in it's previous existence which is roughly 19% !. Be prepared for the spin that will come from the Doncaster camp in the next few weeks but bear these figures in mind. Either way they are a shocking inditement of the state of our football and to return to a system that plays even more in to the OF's hands is totally wrong.