PDA

View Full Version : SPL Survey

H18sry
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
As the SPL continues with research on a potential SPL television channel, we are keen to hear your thoughts on TV viewing and coverage of the SPL.

A number of other European football leagues have gone down this route or are currently exploring this option so it is vital that we understand the risks and rewards of this.

We have partnered with leading sports market-research agency SMG/YouGov to create an online questionnaire for you to complete, which will hopefully provide us with some essential insight. We would therefore appreciate 15 minutes of your time to complete the survey by clicking on the link below.

The SPL will endeavour to use your much valued feedback when forming decisions on broadcast strategy.

To take part in the survey, please click below:

https://start.yougov.com/refer/vZDxP1gn0PX4z4

down the slope
04-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I got this as well, pity they did not do this for the league restructure.

Barney McGrew
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
The SPL will endeavour to use your much valued feedback when forming decisions on broadcast strategy....

...before we ask the Old Firm what they want to do and go with that instead.

down the slope
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
If they got this off the ground i wonder which teams would be on every week ?, you would not have to be a genius to work that one out.

Diclonius
04-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I wonder why.

HenryMonk
04-04-2011, 04:38 PM

Yip! Whats the point in this survey when they actually dont give a flying **** what the fans think.
I aunt doing it

marinello59
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Yip! Whats the point in this survey when they actually dont give a flying **** what the fans think.
I aunt doing it

So we berate them for not consulting the fans and when they do we slag them off anyway. And we wonder why they may prefer to dismiss us.

HenryMonk
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
So we berate them for not consulting the fans and when they do we slag them off anyway. And we wonder why they may prefer to dismiss us.
aye, thats my point. They only consult when itv an non issue really.
Are you happy with the level of consulting about league re-construction?

marinello59
04-04-2011, 04:55 PM

No. They got that one wrong. Although any fan who still believes that the SPL high heid yins don't now understand the level of opposition to a ten team league is fooling themselves.

ancient hibee
04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
If you think that this is a non issue you are sadly deluded.This is where the bulk of the income is going to come from.

BigKev
04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I seem to remember completing a survey regarding league reconstruction about a year ago.

No-one paid any attention to it but they did have one!

Sammy7nil
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Everyone should complete this.

Wilson
05-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Done.

SPL tv. Read OF tv. I wouldn't buy it.

Everyone should complete this.

Saorsa
05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Everyone should complete this.:agree:

I did and I telt them what they could do with it.

Removed
05-04-2011, 09:07 AM
:agree:

:agree: me too

marinello59
05-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Done.

How will it be different from the current TV deals in that respect? Do you buy them?
The Football League down south have just had to drop over £20 million quid on a new deal for an arguably more attractive product. Can we afford to bury our heads in the sands to the economic reality facing our game and not consider other options?

vla_di_vla
05-04-2011, 09:24 AM
:agree:

Everyone should let them know that we aren't interested in subscribing to watch 10 teams play each other over and over again

Matty_Jack04
05-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Done.

This will only work if is pay per veiw with all games available as we all know we'l be watching st.mirren v rangers when there is a more evenly matched game taking place.

Also if we go ahead with 10 teams and an spl 2 the 2nd teirs games must also be available. The total blackout the lower leagues get in this country is a scandal.

H18sry
05-04-2011, 09:30 AM
It cost's me a tenner a month for ESPN and I get more than just SPL games, what else would SPL TV bring to the table, that would want me to part with more cash for less programmes, Game scheduling would go even more to pot than it is just now with them trying to show more game on a weekly basis :agree:

LancashireHibby
05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
I've put it on the comments box that I would only buy it if it gave fair coverage to ALL of the teams in the league, not just the OF.

Wilson
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
How will it be different from the current TV deals in that respect? Do you buy them?
The Football League down south have just had to drop over £20 million quid on a new deal for an arguably more attractive product. Can we afford to bury our heads in the sands to the economic reality facing our game and not consider other options?

I get ESPN for free with the package I'm on. I wouldn't pay any extra for it if I didn't. I would say I have watched more Itallian and English football on ESPN than Scottish of late. On the whole Scottish football is not that great a product. I wouldn't pay for ESPN and it is a more attractive product because of it's variety. I wouldn't pay for SPL tv because it is OF driven and OF dependent. They will be what sells it. Old Firm tv in everything but name.

Certainly we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand over the issue. The economic reality extends to the amount people will pay for their tv subscriptions as well though.

Spudster
05-04-2011, 11:26 AM

They did, 88% opposed changing to a ten team league.

So it's settled, a ten team league it is

:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9334707.stm

marinello59
05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I get ESPN for free with the package I'm on. I wouldn't pay any extra for it if I didn't. I would say I have watched more Itallian and English football on ESPN than Scottish of late. On the whole Scottish football is not that great a product. I wouldn't pay for ESPN and it is a more attractive product because of it's variety. I wouldn't pay for SPL tv because it is OF driven and OF dependent. They will be what sells it. Old Firm tv in everything but name.

Certainly we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand over the issue. The economic reality extends to the amount people will pay for their tv subscriptions as well though.

So you wouldn't take out a subscription no matter who has the TV rights? I wouldn't be attracted to a standalone TV channel myself but there will be a market for it and the SPL are right to investigate just how strong a demand there would be from supporters of the various clubs. Sky and ESPN obviously think it attracts SOME viewers or they wouldn't bother showing it in the first place.

Hibby D
05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Player profiles & interviews, under 19 games, club news and history, fan phone ins & debates, competitions, classic games....the list is endless

But it would have to include a fair split of air time to all the clubs.....:agree:

Hibeesb0unc3
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
it would be good if as has been said all teams got fair air time, plus they could do highlights shows of not just the SPL but the lower leagues as well. Also could sho U19/U21 games and maybe depending on how many people were to subscribe some money could be used towards a reserve league again