PDA

View Full Version : Celtic park

Alex Trager
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Looking forward, Who's going? Do you think it'll be a decent support and how would you line up?

El Gubbz
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Aye

seanraff07
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm going. Hopefully have a good support but not sure as it's a Wednesday night.

I hope we'll line up like this...

Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Palsson
Miller

Vaz Te
Thornhill

Sodje

Diclonius
04-04-2011, 04:44 PM
We need to win this (and hope Motherwell lose or draw) if we want to keep up what's left of our challenge on the top 6.

Here's hoping.

Wotherspiniesta
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Top 6 hopes are over after the weekend IMO.

Need an absolute miracle now.

I'd line up:

Divis

Wotherspoon Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Vaz Te Miller Palsson Thornhill Scott

Sodje

Bench: Brown Stephens Stevenson Byrne Duffy Riordan Galbraith

murraymckirdy
04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Where are the 12th man sitting?

I would line up:

Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Miller
Palsson
Thornhill

Scott

Sodje
Vaz Te

GGTTH:flag:

HibbyKeith
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Got my tickets today, taking my laddie to parkhead for his first visit too.

team line up for me..

Brown

Wotherspoon Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Pallson

Miller Thornhill Scott

Vaz Te

Sodje

Subs

Divis
Riordan
Duffy
Stevens
Murray

seanraff07
04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Where are the 12th man sitting?

I would line up:

Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Miller
Palsson
Thornhill

Scott

Sodje
Vaz Te

GGTTH:flag:

We're all 12th Man Murray, those who stand and generally chant the whole game are called the Singing Section. And i think most of us in the Singing Section have bought seats for the restricted view area. If there are plenty empty seats right up the back then we may situate there.:aok:

murraymckirdy
04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
We're all 12th Man Murray, those who stand and generally chant the whole game are called the Singing Section. And i think most of us in the Singing Section have bought seats for the restricted view area. If there are plenty empty seats right up the back then we may situate there.:aok:

Well you know what i ment :L
Ok bud cheers :thumbsup::top marks
yeah i think my ticket is restricted aswell

:cgwa

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
On a freebie in hospitality......it's a hard life :greengrin

Barney McGrew
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM

Likewise :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm going. First time at Celtic Park in a while, absolute dump of a stadium and the surrounding area is just lovely.

Removed
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm going. First time at Celtic Park in a while, absolute dump of a stadium and the surrounding area is just lovely.

Best of luck. Don't stand up, shout or sing or you might find yourself out before the final whistle. Bitter personal experience. I will never darken the doors of that place again :bitchy: Tramps.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
2 of us going through.
A win or top 6 is bust!!!

Cameron1875
04-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Same here. Went to game earlier in season when deek scored the chip and jumped out my seat before realising where i was :greengrin. No idea what i'll do if we win.

green&left
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Best of luck. Don't stand up, shout or sing or you might find yourself out before the final whistle. Bitter personal experience. I will never darken the doors of that place again :bitchy: Tramps.

Ahh, that old myth...

I've stood, shouted and sung all game on the last 5 occassions at Parkhead and havn't been bothered once. :rolleyes:

Removed
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Ahh, that old myth...

I've stood, shouted and sung all game on the last 5 occassions at Parkhead and havn't been bothered once. :rolleyes:

And your point is?

green&left
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
And your point is?

That if you stand up, shout or sing, you most probably won't find yourself out before the final whistle. :rolleyes:

But if using poor excuses makes you feel better about not attending, wire in.

Removed
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
That if you stand up, shout or sing, you most probably won't find yourself out before the final whistle. :rolleyes:

So you calling me a liar then?

green&left
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
So you calling me a liar then?

Not calling anyone anything, but having not missed an away game at Celtic in about 6+ years, I never felt that the stewarding and policing was bad enough to stop supporting Hibs. Granted they could be ****s, but the last few seasons the stewarding and policing at the Old Firm grounds has improved 10-fold, and they are no worse than the dafties at the likes of Motherwell, Dundee Utd, even the dafties i've witnessed stewarding at Easter Road this season.

Removed
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Not calling anyone anything, but having not missed an away game at Celtic in about 6+ years, I never felt that the stewarding and policing was bad enough to stop supporting Hibs. Granted they could be ****s, but the last few seasons the stewarding and policing at the Old Firm grounds has improved 10-fold, and they are no worse than the dafties at the likes of Motherwell, Dundee Utd, even the dafties i've witnessed stewarding at Easter Road this season.

Well you must have been lucky then. I was 'removed' when I had my 12 year old nephew with me for no reason. A lot of folk on here know me and I would be surprised if any thought I was the type of person to be ejected from a game. There are plenty recorded incidents for away support being treated like **** at parkhead and you regularly hear folk on the radio complaining about it.

But if you want to think I'm just making a poor excuse for not going then you are way of the mark.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Well you must have been lucky then. I was 'removed' when I had my 12 year old nephew with me for no reason. A lot of folk on here know me and I would be surprised if any thought I was the type of person to be ejected from a game. There are plenty recorded incidents for away support being treated like **** at parkhead and you regularly hear folk on the radio complaining about it.

But if you want to think I'm just making a poor excuse for not going then you are way of the mark.

:agree:

I'd tend to agree about the stewarding at Celtc Park, it's definitely more heavy handed than elsewhere. As i said first time in a while, didn't go for about 3 years due to the crap view, crap stewarding and just general lack of enjoyment about going to games there.

If the uber fans have decided thats not a good enough reason not to attend then i'll have to think of a better excuse in the future.

New Corrie
04-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I will be there, not holding out much hope for a result though as Celtic are a decent side and our centre backs are knickers. Hope Brown is still in goals and that we've ended this farcical goalkeeper rotaion bollocks!

Removed
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
If the uber fans have decided thats not a good enough reason not to attend then i'll have to think of a better excuse in the future.

:agree: and isn't is strange how all the uber fans are no older than 21. I was going to parkhead before their mothers hit puberty.

marinello59
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM

:faf: When did not going to a Football match need an excuse.
I wouldn't blame anybody for not going there. The policing and stewarding is awful. Ibrox is a much more attractive away trip for me and I can't stand that place either.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't blame anybody for not going there. The policing and stewarding is awful. Ibrox is a much more attractive away trip for me and I can't stand that place either.

Always enjoy Ibrox, far better away trip than Celtc Park for me.

green&left
04-04-2011, 08:40 PM

It doesn't. Which is why I find the old tiresome 'the police and stewards are bad', 'there's a pillar', and not forgetting the old classic 'um no giving them my money' extremely laughable.

Always amazes me aswell that the stewards and polis didn't seem to be a problem under Mogga when there was every chance of us getting a result...

Removed
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
It doesn't. Which is why I find the old tiresome 'the police and stewards are bad', 'there's a pillar', and not forgetting the old classic 'um no giving them my money' extremely laughable.

Always amazes me aswell that the stewards and polis didn't seem to be a problem under Mogga when there was every chance of us getting a result...

I've been polite so far but just stop talking *****.

marinello59
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM

There were posts on here about the poor treatment of fans at Darkheid during his reign as well.
Why do you find fans being treated with contempt as laughable by the way? Have you got some strange masochistic thing going on?:greengrin

hibeemikey21
04-04-2011, 09:07 PM

The fact that every other trip there ends in a 3-0 win probably has some influence on that sentiment

Pretty Boy
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
The fact that every other trip there ends in a 3-0 win probably has some influence on that sentiment

That may have a positive effect on my thinking.

sleeping giant
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM

They nearly wrestled Ivan Sproule to the ground for running toward the Hibs fans during the Mowbray era iirc.

I've seen some tossers at Easter Road too mind you.

green.and.white
04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Every line up so far hasn't included Riordan, a real sign that the boy needs to get his act together

greenlex
05-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I will be there, not holding out much hope for a result though as Celtic are a decent side and our centre backs are knickers. Hope Brown is still in goals and that we've ended this farcical goalkeeper rotaion bollocks!

You taking your Union Flag along?

AndersonGGTTH
05-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Ad go with

Brown (pray too god stack signs on)

Booth
Hanlon
Dikoh
Wotherspoon (towell ineligible sp*)

Murray

Palsson
Scott

Vaz Te

Riordan
Sodje

And i will be there :D!!:flag:

Simpson
05-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm going, first time to this apparent toilet

hibeedonald
05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
its cheaper aswell, 18 and under at ibrox as £14, being 17 i would have to pay double that at Celtic park due to their under 16 rule which is a joke.

hibeedonald
05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Ad go with

Brown (pray too god stack signs on)

Booth
Hanlon
Dikoh
Wotherspoon (towell ineligible sp*)

Murray

Palsson
Scott

Vaz Te

Riordan
Sodje

And i will be there :D!!:flag:

That does look a good team, although miller had a great game v hearts id swap it about so sodje was on the bench for miller.

And ill be there in the Celtic end, cant afford £28 as a 17 year old still at school.

New Corrie
05-04-2011, 09:50 AM
You taking your Union Flag along?

only the one on my upper arm, I will keep it covered up:wink:

Alex Trager
05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Is there any cheap seats left?

_hucks_
05-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm going to the game, quite looking forward to it. Need to get down to the ticket office to get my ticket.

I find it odd that people think the stewarding is worse at Celtic Park than anywhere else, because it's the exact same stewards that you will find at Ibrox, and many of the ones that work at Easter Road too. I've only been to the one game at Celtic Park myself, so I've not had the experience and can't say that it isn't worse, I just find it peculiar.

Part/Time Supporter
05-04-2011, 10:45 AM

Random thought: have Hibs won more often at any away venue than Ibrox since the start of 2005/06?

Alex Trager
05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Random thought: have Hibs won more often at any away venue than Ibrox since the start of 2005/06?
fir park

Diclonius
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Too expensive and too far away for someone with no driving license for an evening game. **** it.

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Too expensive and too far away for someone with no driving license for an evening game. **** it.

Supporter's buses could take you:wink:

silverhibee
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Every line up so far hasn't included Riordan, a real sign that the boy needs to get his act together

I'll leave the team picking to the man who knows best about our squad, Colin Calderwood.

And i trust he will put out the best team to beat celtc tomorrow night.

C'mon the Hibs. :cgwa

Diclonius
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Supporter's buses could take you:wink:

Unfortunately I'm back in Carnoustie, would if I could. :greengrin

green.and.white
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll leave the team picking to the man who knows best about our squad, Colin Calderwood.

And i trust he will put out the best team to beat celtc tomorrow night.

Totally agree :thumbsup:
:cgwa

Hermit Crab
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Yes going. Same team except Vaz Te in for Sodje and Spoony in for Thornhill.

JimBHibees
06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes going. Same team except Vaz Te in for Sodje and Spoony in for Thornhill.

Towell cant play because of the loan agreement with Celtic.

I think I would start with Spoony at Right back and Vaz Te for Deek as the only changes.

number9dream
06-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Brown
Thicot Dickoh Hanlon Booth
Palsson
Wotherspoon Scott Miller Riordan
Vaz Te

Vaz Te & Deeks to switch throughout the game. We need to get at the Celtic central defence, with Scott making late runs into the box.

Albion Hibs
06-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Not too sure if I am heading through yet, have an offer of a ticket, but may not get away from work in time. Change gear packed in the motor in case timescales work out well.

I would go with

Brown

Towell / Dickoh / Hanlon / Booth

Miller / Pallson / Murray

Thornhill

Sodje / Riordan

I think having the likes of Vaz Te on the bench will give us options. A lot more concentration needed from the back four tonight and with a bit of luck we can get something from the game.

I feel top six is well beyond us, but that should not stop us focusing on getting as many points from our remaining games as possible.

Allant1981
06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Can you buy tickets at parkhead for the away side? I was supposed to be working late but im finishing at 6 now, work in glasgow so wont have enough time to go to er then bk to glasgow

silverhibee
06-04-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm going to the game, quite looking forward to it. Need to get down to the ticket office to get my ticket.

I find it odd that people think the stewarding is worse at Celtic Park than anywhere else, because it's the exact same stewards that you will find at Ibrox, and many of the ones that work at Easter Road too. I've only been to the one game at Celtic Park myself, so I've not had the experience and can't say that it isn't worse, I just find it peculiar.

The stewarding at celtc park is the worse in the SPL from my experience's going to away matches, they go out there way to cause problems, every away support that goes to that ground have always complained about the heavy handed treatment from their stewards.

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Lofarl
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
While the fandanery of the parkhead stewards can't be denied. They dont hold a candle to the SS influenced, halfwitted orcs that masquerade as stewards at tannadice.

As for tonight's game, I have a ticket as the one I got earlier is still valid. But I can't be bothered tonight. Feel too tired to go and reckon I will be in my bed before the games finished.

I could go on the supporters bus and I enjoy going on the Edinburgh/Livi bus when I can. But it costs me £10 each way to get a taxi to and fro the pick up point. That's 20 quid I can ill afford at the moment. Plus I'm sure the deer park pick up will be full of glesga sellic fans.

But we are due to hump them at darkheid again :wink:

West Upper
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Under 16 Rule is a Joke but i will still be there

:flag:

heretoday
06-04-2011, 04:04 PM
It would be just like Hibs to win tonight after blowing the derby.

I think they like playing at Celtic Park - wide open spaces and Celtic tend to allow other teams to play a bit.

Allant1981
06-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Got my mate to get me a ticket so ill be there now, mon the hibees

essexhibee
06-04-2011, 06:08 PM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brown - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - -Thicot - - - - - Dickho - - - - Hanlon - - - - - - - - - - -Booth - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Palsson - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - Thornhill - - - Miller - - - - - Scott - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vaz Te - - - - Sodje - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Riordan dropped after recent dire performances. RB was toss-up between Spoony and Le Steven but Thicot is better defencively so i go with him. :aok:

Prediction - Celtic 1 v 1 Hibs Hooper and Vaz Te the scorers! :flag:

murraymckirdy
08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
:top marks:top marks:thumbsup: