PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts fans reply, in letter format of course, to Towell

PaulSmith
04-04-2011, 06:58 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Letters-to-the-Editor-Towell.6745497.jp

Maybe they missed the "Billy Boys", the "Gorgie Loyalists" flags and the Red Hand Salutes today and at every game involving Hibs or Celtic.

The Falcon
04-04-2011, 07:07 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Letters-to-the-Editor-Towell.6745497.jp

Maybe they missed the "Billy Boys", the "Gorgie Loyalists" flags and the Red Hand Salutes today and at every game involving Hibs or Celtic.

That would be the Gorgie Loyal. Got their own web site apparently.

Dont forget what appeared to be the entire stand being "up to their knees in fenian blood" and other ditties of that ilk. Oh joy.

Liberal Hibby
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Um - they have a point. I haven't read Towell's comments, but if they are as reported it was a pretty dim thing to say.

There is no evidence from the two letters from the Hearts fans that they are part of the 'Gorgie Loyal' or any other sectarian minority that follows Hearts.

MrSmith
04-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Um - they have a point. I haven't read Towell's comments, but if they are as reported it was a pretty dim thing to say.

There is no evidence from the two letters from the Hearts fans that they are part of the 'Gorgie Loyal' or any other sectarian minority that follows Hearts.

Agree! Football on the park and these players need to engage brain before mouth!

sambajustice
04-04-2011, 09:26 AM

You sure about that?

I suppose that 3500 out of 400000 is a minority so I suppose you're right!

HibeeMassive
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I know of a guy who went to the game yesterday because he's staying through here now, been to a few Hibs games already this season and wanted to sample the edinburgh derby compared to the many old-firm matches he's been at.

The very first thing he said to me was not about the football, or the atmosphere but about all the sectarian singing / flags / general 'hun' mentality in the hearts end.
Just about sums it up for me really - they're getting worse whether they like to admit it or not - and unless the powers which be start applying the same sanctions on them as they do through in the west, it'll not be going anywhere soon.

Pretty poor from the .. ahem .. "big" team :rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
"Has he not considered that is because he is a Celtic player, the Old Firm teams being Hearts' main rivals at the top of the Premier League?

He is probably too young to be aware that several former Celtic players have graced the maroon jersey, been popular with the supporters"

So, the abuse he gets is because of the Celtic connection, simply because they're Hearts rivals at the top of the table. The idiot then goes onto say how well Celtic players in the past have got on at Hearts :rolleyes:

Does he not see the contradiction there? :faf:

To be fair, I've always said that I know of a lot of true Hearts supporters that have been appalled by the bigotry on display by fellow yams and that it must surely only be a small minority who are really acting like diet huns.........

Was very difficult to try and tell myself that yesterday when thier second went in and the whole away end were "upto our knees" in whoever's blood.

Disgusting behaviour.

Www1875hfc
04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I know of a guy who went to the game yesterday because he's staying through here now, been to a few Hibs games already this season and wanted to sample the edinburgh derby compared to the many old-firm matches he's been at.

The very first thing he said to me was not about the football, or the atmosphere but about all the sectarian singing / flags / general 'hun' mentality in the hearts end.
Just about sums it up for me really - they're getting worse whether they like to admit it or not - and unless the powers which be start applying the same sanctions on them as they do through in the west, it'll not be going anywhere soon.

Pretty poor from the .. ahem .. "big" team :rolleyes:

I Work beside a few huns,and the first thing they said to me this morning was,if that was Rangers fans singing they songs yesterday,we would be lambasted for it,it would be all over the papers.
Clearly heard on the tv commentary.
Maybe its not a west coast problem after all?
As for the damage caused in the away end,maybe Hibs should take the numbers of all the broken seats,and match them all up with the Hearts data base.
The damage to the toilets is another matter all together.
They really dont know how to behave in a modern stadium.

Hibby D
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM

:agree:

NOT all Jambo's are bigots just like all Hibs fans are not holier than thou.

But that won't suit the agenda or desire of some to tar them all with that label.

Yeah I heard the 'fenian blood' version being sung over and over again, and and it was pretty hard to stomach.

But so was walking down St Clair Street listening to some of my own singing Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful :rolleyes:

We all need to take collective responsibility, including the media

LeithBoozy
04-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Just leave the huns without the bus-fare to it, when the Establishment finally decide to act against the bigots, there is a good chance they will target them first. :greengrin

easty
04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Just leave the huns without the bus-fare to it, when the Establishment finally decide to act against the bigots, there is a good chance they will target them first. :greengrin

Sometime before never, is still never.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
:agree:

NOT all Jambo's are bigots just like all Hibs fans are not holier than thou.

But that won't suit the agenda or desire of some to tar them all with that label.

Yeah I heard the 'fenian blood' version being sung over and over again, and and it was pretty hard to stomach.

But so was walking down St Clair Street listening to some of my own singing Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful :rolleyes:

We all need to take collective responsibility, including the media

:agree: Watched it on telly with a couple of English friends and found myself having to explain why being up to their knees in whatever blood it is that its important to be up to their knees in, incredulous, and our game is already a joke before this stuff is taken into account.

ScottB
04-04-2011, 11:44 AM
The SFA / SPL's utter lack of testicular fortitude to use the powers they actually have to tackle this kind of crap is ridiculous.

It's in the damn rules! Teams should be warned, fined, points deducted and finally, relegated, for this nonsense. But they do nothing.

Really wish UEFA would come rolling in over their heads and crack the whip. It's not as if it is hard to spot when you can hear it clearly on the TV.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0My6PMboZo&feature=related

:rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I have to say that I was not overly happy with Towell's comments in the first place. If he wants to play for a team where football is a distant third to religion and ethnicity, then he should get himself back along the M-Hate as soon as possible.

lapsedhibee
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
They really dont know how to behave in a modern stadium.

Well, why would they? :dunno:

As an auldbarsteward, it pains me that things have sunk so low with the yams. OF have always been that way, but this is a relatively recent thing with the pink ones. Is it only since Mercer that they got all these delusions of grandeur, and started copying the OF (I see it more as OF behaviour than simply Hun behaviour - it's misleading and wrong to separate the two OF cheeks, imo)?

Ryan91
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I have to say that I was not overly happy with Towell's comments in the first place. If he wants to play for a team where football is a distant third to religion and ethnicity, then he should get himself back along the M-Hate as soon as possible.

I do believe that Towell's comment's were an attempt at some tongue-in-cheek humour and an attempt to rile the Jambos, did anyone else notice he was being booed by the away end every time he got the ball.

R'Albin
04-04-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0My6PMboZo&feature=related

:rolleyes:

:hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Has he not considered that is because he is a Celtic player, the Old Firm teams being Hearts' main rivals at the top of the Premier League?

Aye, in the same way that I am a rival of David Murray when it comes to bidding for property.

Get over yourselves Yams. The boy done wrong, but in a sense he was right, you are wannabe big men, as that letter proves.