PDA

View Full Version : liam miller

Allant1981
04-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Thought he had a good game yesterday, in the last few games he has started to look like the player he was when he first came. Hopefully signs a new contract and we can get a settled midfield next season

EasterRoad4Ever
04-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Thought he had a good game yesterday, in the last few games he has started to look like the player he was when he first came. Hopefully signs a new contract and we can get a settled midfield next season

Too little too late.

GloryGlory
04-04-2011, 06:09 AM
I thought that until the penalty he was doing his usual Derby Day Disappearing Act! Opinions, eh?

Hibhibhooray
04-04-2011, 06:17 AM
I thought he did well and linked up with Booth well, in fact thought he was one of our better players

Carheenlea
04-04-2011, 08:32 AM
I thought Miller was excellent yesterday. Some of his passing was magnificent and quick thinking.

Overheard a couple of guys in Robbies post match slating Miller saying he was a disgrace and never once passed the ball forward!! Makes you wonder if some peoples dislike for Liam Miller clouds their judgement, and they refuse to acknowledge when he has a good game, which since the arrival of Scott and Pallson has been every other week.

Broken Gnome
04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I thought Miller was excellent yesterday. Some of his passing was magnificent and quick thinking.

Overheard a couple of guys in Robbies post match slating Miller saying he was a disgrace and never once passed the ball forward!! Makes you wonder if some peoples dislike for Liam Miller clouds their judgement, and they refuse to acknowledge when he has a good game, which since the arrival of Scott and Pallson has been every other week.

Most of Hibs' good work came through Miller; balls inside the full backs to Booth, great crossfield passes to Wotherspoon, linked well with Palsson and Vaz Te, probably the only Hibs player not to give the ball away in the first half. Also put the foot in when required as well. If people say he was negative yesterday, they just don't like him and never will.

California-Hibs
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
He blew the nonsense that some come out with reguarding him always being poor in derbies, right out the water. He was fantastic. Always looking to go forward, passing was spot on, scored a fantastic penalty, and basically covered every blade of grass. Well done Liam son!

MrSmith
04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I heard yesterday, do not know source so most likely unreliable, that he has indeed signed a pre-contract agreement with the Jumbos. I further questioned the dude but he was adamant that it was a done deal!!

Anyone confirm this?

Part/Time Supporter
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Jeez, not this **** again.

essexhibee
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
His celebration yesterday was encouraging to see.

Kaiser1962
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
His celebration yesterday was encouraging to see.

Yip. And if he has indeed signed a pre-contract with the fuds then I am sure, after his goal celebration, they will welcome him as warmly as they cheered him yesterday.

FWIW I dont believe a word of it.

brog
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
He blew the nonsense that some come out with reguarding him always being poor in derbies, right out the water. He was fantastic. Always looking to go forward, passing was spot on, scored a fantastic penalty, and basically covered every blade of grass. Well done Liam son!

:top marks Was by a mile his best derby performance, attitude & ability were both excellent.

Sammy7nil
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM

He had a good game his best for a while but only when they went down to 10 men 11 v 11 he was nowhere to be seen. He has talent must learn to use it more often.

California-Hibs
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Disagree that when 11-11 he was nowhere to be seen. Felt right from the start he made his presence felt. Opinions though eh..

Houchy
04-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Have to say that when he was stepping up for the Pen, I could not see him scoring (which I think would have been the final nail in his coffin at ER) but he stepped up and buried it well and I also loved his celebration. Really think that the pre contract stuff is gash. I'm assuming that he must have asked for the ball given the way that Palsson stroked away his 2 (?) penalties so far.:agree:

jonny
04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Most of Hibs' good work came through Miller; balls inside the full backs to Booth, great crossfield passes to Wotherspoon, linked well with Palsson and Vaz Te, probably the only Hibs player not to give the ball away in the first half. Also put the foot in when required as well. If people say he was negative yesterday, they just don't like him and never will.

Agreed. Thought Liam played really well. Would be pleased if he signed an extension.

Winston Ingram
04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I thought he was excellent in the 2nd half yesterday. He benefited when Scott went off as our midfield didn't look comfortable and lacked width. He does alot better with an enforcer in there. He's got bags of ability and I'd love him to stay. Great penalty

seanraff07
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm well aware that Miller had been completely off form the last year, most of this season particularly, but i think that partly the reason for this was playing around less gifted players i.e Rankin, De Graaf, McBride. Now that he has Scott and Palsson playing alongside him it gives him a little more freedom in the middle of the park to make things happen/create chances. I hope he signs a new contract.

discman
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Totally agree,thought he bossed the second half and yeah great pen! :thumbsup:

darwenhibby
04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm well aware that Miller had been completely off form the last year, most of this season particularly, but i think that partly the reason for this was playing around less gifted players i.e Rankin, De Graaf, McBride. Now that he has Scott and Palsson playing alongside him it gives him a little more freedom in the middle of the park to make things happen/create chances. I hope he signs a new contract.

Somebody up the thread said to little too late and I have to agree.

Is miller on 4k per week?

I think we could get someone a little more effective and consistent for that money and a little more hunger.

Liam Milller is on the way down, we need somebody with a bit more ambition.

number9dream
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I'd be amazed if anyone was getting anything close to 4k at ER.
Miller says he'd like to stay, he says CC wants him to stay, so what's the hold up?
I guess he'd be daft not to keep his options open and wait for the summer but I reckon he's one of the few we should be trying to keep.

He's been stuck out on the left recently, which clearly isn't his best position. He's probably most influential as the most advanced of a central three, with Palsson and Scott/Thornhill doing the hard graft and two wide players supporting a striker.

essexhibee
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Well said mate. Miller was relied on to do everything in that numpty filled midfield. I'd defo sign him up!

Was rankin even on the bench in sunday?

lucky
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Struggled at start as he is not a left midfielder. When moved into the center he was a different player. He MOM in my opinion and yes i would sign him up now

matty_f
04-04-2011, 10:58 PM

:agree:

Gus Fring
05-04-2011, 01:53 AM
The pre-contract stuff is utter nonsense.

Quotes from the man himself:

Miller told BBC Scotland:"I'm really enjoying it here. I'm settled and get on well with the lads and the manager. Things are a bit open just now but hopefully they will get sorted soon. I've had no offers from elsewhere."

Miller, who arrived at Easter Road in 2009, revealed that manager Colin Calderwood has urged him to remain at the club.

The 30-year-old said: "The boss spoke to me back in January and told me that he'd like to keep me. So hopefully we can sort something out before the end of the season."

JimBHibees
05-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Calderwood seems to be getting much more out of Liam so if both are happy for him to sign then personally would love to see his quality kept in a team that is only going to get better in the next season or two.