View Full Version : Big Team

ac1
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I know there is probably a million threads the same but **** it merge if appropriate!

You have to laugh at the pricks from across the city - 'wee team' blah blah blah, it was like they won the world cup with the equalizer, celebrations, Satchel chucking his strip into the crowd, fat Jim and supporters on the pitch......... I thought we were just a wee team who they don't care about. They have a million threads on *****back as well.......

we are going in the right direction that's what I care about! in Calderwood I trust! :flag:

djs69
03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
And we had the biggest attendance today in Edinburgh all season...just!!

04-04-2011, 12:47 AM
I fired this up on my blog yesterday having heard the phrase 'Big Team' once too often. Funny, not one Hearts follower felt able to respond...

"Listen to the Hearts FC Club anthem and it is difficult to pinpoint the reasons behind the recently self-appointed slogan of delusion, perpetuated by devotees of an institution in post-traumatic terminal decline like a once proud but now senile pensioner choking on asbestos, but there are none so blind as those that will not see. They are, as their own (rather twee) club song tells us ‘a wee fitba’ team’, yet they continue to drown in an ocean of big-team bull****, in a manner akin to the schoolboy who claims that “my Dad’s bigger than your Dad”. This obsession with size is most certainly unhealthy and is stamped with all the classic hallmarks of wee-man syndrome mutated with ***** envy.

I actually quite like Hearts. Well, I like the idea of what Heart of Midlothian used to stand for but now sadly fall way short of. Conforming to those standards should be an HMFC requisite but no longer is this the case. The new generation of Jambo has sold his soul to a demon, allowed him to bestially rape his club and then obsequiously tugged his forelock in fawning submission. They also have allowed the proliferation of Scottish Footballs greatest curse which looks to engulf the whole institution. A curse which previous chairmen tried, yet ultimately failed to conquer. Mercer and Robinson were robust in their efforts, as was the lesser known Tom Purdie – a former Hearts Security and Safety Officer who fought tirelessly against the tide but no, the bigots beat him too. Purdie was, in his time at Tynecastle, a fine man and expert in his field, but sadly he was just one man.

Lets not fudge the issue. HMFC are seen on a weekly basis to not only condone, but indulge and celebrate a significant sectarian motivated element of their support which has become, albeit insidiously, increasingly amorphous down Gorgie way. And let’s not pretend it’s a small minority. On 83 minutes of today’s Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road – a sporting spectacle beamed live around the globe – the words “up to your knees in fenian blood” reverberated around the stadium, ejaculated by what will be dismissed as a small minority. Crap! Pure and simple! This should be dealt with by the professional jaw-bumpers at Holyrood who have apparently declared war on bigotry. Aye right!!! Just a wander round Ibrox or Parkhead on any given matchday will tell even the most limited of observers that religious hatred is alive and well and allowed to continue untethered in our fair nation.

Visit Tynecastle, the rapidly crumbling home of Hearts, and you will see droves of grown men flaunting King-Billy tattoos, flying Red Hands of Ulster (yet no flag of St Patrick – why is this?) and hear some unpleasant slogans, vociferously reapeated ad-nauseum by the hordes in the seating decks. The word ‘fenian’ often married to the word ‘*******’ will be spat with tiresome repetition, particularly when Celtic and Hibernian come to visit. Very odd considering Hearts claim to have no connection with Ireland whatsoever, odder still to hear their claims of family friendliness and zero-tolerance. Remember, this is a club who were seen by the footballing community to welcome Mark Walters (a black Englishman) with a hail storm of bananas complete with accompanying monkey chants.

This is not a nice place to be, this is a mini-Ibrox, behaviour akin to the more ubiquitous and exponentially more noxious, self-styled ‘Sons of William’ – most of whom would have trouble spelling the word 'protestant' far less actually knowing what it means. I look forward to popping along Edminston Drive no time soon to attend lectures on The Reformation. So is it simply a case of Hearts jumping on the sectarianly fueled Ibrox juggernaut of highly toxic, evil bigotry in a twisted display of protestant brothers together or more commercial reasons – if you take the ‘orange’ out of Rangers, they become nothing more than the provincial club they actually are. The same, incidentally goes for the plastic ‘Oirish’ kitsch giving it large on the other side of Scotland’s second city.

I would suggest the former as there is very little money to be made in the East from all that drivel. The bigots at Tynie have chosen this path, and in doing so desecrate the memories of Tom Purdie (1st Hearts captain), Barney Battles (Snr and Jnr), Willie Bauld, John Cummings and Jim Cruikshank, while at the same time affronting Dave MacKay, Donald Ford and John Robertson amongst many other proper, dignified club legends .
And if that is the caveat for being a 'Bigteamer', you know what, you can keep it!"

BarneyBreslin
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
I fired this up on my blog yesterday having heard the phrase 'Big Team' once too often. Funny, not one Hearts follower felt able to respond...

"Listen to the Hearts FC Club anthem and it is difficult to pinpoint the reasons behind the recently self-appointed slogan of delusion, perpetuated by devotees of an institution in post-traumatic terminal decline like a once proud but now senile pensioner choking on asbestos, but there are none so blind as those that will not see. They are, as their own (rather twee) club song tells us ‘a wee fitba’ team’, yet they continue to drown in an ocean of big-team bull****, in a manner akin to the schoolboy who claims that “my Dad’s bigger than your Dad”. This obsession with size is most certainly unhealthy and is stamped with all the classic hallmarks of wee-man syndrome mutated with ***** envy.

I actually quite like Hearts. Well, I like the idea of what Heart of Midlothian used to stand for but now sadly fall way short of. Conforming to those standards should be an HMFC requisite but no longer is this the case. The new generation of Jambo has sold his soul to a demon, allowed him to bestially rape his club and then obsequiously tugged his forelock in fawning submission. They also have allowed the proliferation of Scottish Footballs greatest curse which looks to engulf the whole institution. A curse which previous chairmen tried, yet ultimately failed to conquer. Mercer and Robinson were robust in their efforts, as was the lesser known Tom Purdie – a former Hearts Security and Safety Officer who fought tirelessly against the tide but no, the bigots beat him too. Purdie was, in his time at Tynecastle, a fine man and expert in his field, but sadly he was just one man.

Lets not fudge the issue. HMFC are seen on a weekly basis to not only condone, but indulge and celebrate a significant sectarian motivated element of their support which has become, albeit insidiously, increasingly amorphous down Gorgie way. And let’s not pretend it’s a small minority. On 83 minutes of today’s Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road – a sporting spectacle beamed live around the globe – the words “up to your knees in fenian blood” reverberated around the stadium, ejaculated by what will be dismissed as a small minority. Crap! Pure and simple! This should be dealt with by the professional jaw-bumpers at Holyrood who have apparently declared war on bigotry. Aye right!!! Just a wander round Ibrox or Parkhead on any given matchday will tell even the most limited of observers that religious hatred is alive and well and allowed to continue untethered in our fair nation.

Visit Tynecastle, the rapidly crumbling home of Hearts, and you will see droves of grown men flaunting King-Billy tattoos, flying Red Hands of Ulster (yet no flag of St Patrick – why is this?) and hear some unpleasant slogans, vociferously reapeated ad-nauseum by the hordes in the seating decks. The word ‘fenian’ often married to the word ‘*******’ will be spat with tiresome repetition, particularly when Celtic and Hibernian come to visit. Very odd considering Hearts claim to have no connection with Ireland whatsoever, odder still to hear their claims of family friendliness and zero-tolerance. Remember, this is a club who were seen by the footballing community to welcome Mark Walters (a black Englishman) with a hail storm of bananas complete with accompanying monkey chants.

This is not a nice place to be, this is a mini-Ibrox, behaviour akin to the more ubiquitous and exponentially more noxious, self-styled ‘Sons of William’ – most of whom would have trouble spelling the word 'protestant' far less actually knowing what it means. I look forward to popping along Edminston Drive no time soon to attend lectures on The Reformation. So is it simply a case of Hearts jumping on the sectarianly fueled Ibrox juggernaut of highly toxic, evil bigotry in a twisted display of protestant brothers together or more commercial reasons – if you take the ‘orange’ out of Rangers, they become nothing more than the provincial club they actually are. The same, incidentally goes for the plastic ‘Oirish’ kitsch giving it large on the other side of Scotland’s second city.

I would suggest the former as there is very little money to be made in the East from all that drivel. The bigots at Tynie have chosen this path, and in doing so desecrate the memories of Tom Purdie (1st Hearts captain), Barney Battles (Snr and Jnr), Willie Bauld, John Cummings and Jim Cruikshank, while at the same time affronting Dave MacKay, Donald Ford and John Robertson amongst many other proper, dignified club legends .
And if that is the caveat for being a 'Bigteamer', you know what, you can keep it!"

Decent rant, where's your blog to be found?

04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Decent rant, where's your blog to be found?
Currently wrestling with Wordpress (quite literally as it goes) :greengrin

Hopefully its worked. MY RANTS (http://embrajeff.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/big-teams-and-wee-teams/)

04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
No Jambo will admit it, but every one of them know, deep down that something isn't right.

They can look to a couple of recent Scottish cup wins, some bigger crowds, 22 in a row, our Scottish cup record and a generally better record against us, but still, you know that something eats away at them, and they don't know what it it is.

All this obsession with being big, counting crowds, stats, records, it doesn't provide them with the comfort they want and it kills all of them.

They don't know what it is about being a Hibby that they are envious off, they just don't get it, on the face of it, the things they can point to should make them feel better, but they don't.

04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
No Jambo will admit it, but every one of them know, deep down that something isn't right.

They can look to a couple of recent Scottish cup wins, some bigger crowds, 22 in a row, our Scottish cup record and a generally better record against us, but still, you know that something eats away at them, and they don't know what it it is.

All this obsession with being big, counting crowds, stats, records, it doesn't provide them with the comfort they want and it kills all of them.

They don't know what it is about being a Hibby that they are envious off, they just don't get it, on the face of it, the things they can point to should make them feel better, but they don't.

I'm not so sure it has much to do with Hibs per se. I think it has more to do with, for all they slaver on about "forever in our shadow", the reality is that both clubs (and everyone else) are under the dark cloud of the OF. Sure, they might have finished third more often than the other teams over the last 25 years, but it's been utterly meaningless. Even the odd time when a team outside the OF has won a cup, it has fundamentally been a fluke and the success has not been built upon.

Hertz have a conceit of themselves (hence all the big team pish), but we're all diddies now. And apart from the odd season where they have threatened and then disappeared just as quickly (ie 1986 and 2006) that has been true of them for the last 50 years.

hibeedonald
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
ill admit that they have a better record etc, although rangers have won more derbys than celtic however, and 53 league titles, yet they don't go on about there the big team.

04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I know there is probably a million threads the same but **** it merge if appropriate!

You have to laugh at the pricks from across the city - 'wee team' blah blah blah, it was like they won the world cup with the equalizer, celebrations, Satchel chucking his strip into the crowd, fat Jim and supporters on the pitch......... I thought we were just a wee team who they don't care about. They have a million threads on *****back as well.......

we are going in the right direction that's what I care about! in Calderwood I trust! :flag:

i dont really get why everyone keeps going on about how they celebrated the equaliser.

they were down to 10 men for the majority of the game and got battered for the whole 2nd half but still managed to leave Easter Road with a draw.

if the boot was on the other foot i'd be celebrating just as much.

yesterday must have felt like a victory to them..... it sure as hell felt like a defeat to me!!! :rolleyes:

04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
i dont really get why everyone keeps going on about how they celebrated the equaliser.

they were down to 10 men for the majority of the game and got battered for the whole 2nd half but still managed to leave Easter Road with a draw.

yesterday must have felt like a victory to them..... it sure as hell felt like a defeat to me!!! :rolleyes:

Correct..

Hertz were battered yesterday for the majority of the game.. I would be celebrating that as a victory if I was a jambo yesterday..

04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Correct..

Hertz were battered yesterday for the majority of the game.. I would be celebrating that as a victory if I was a jambo yesterday..

Strange that non of the usual suspect grunts in my work have said anything to me this morning. No emails, no phone calls, no texts, no visits. Weird.

ac1
04-04-2011, 04:35 PM

The point is they go on and on and on about how we are the 'wee team' who are not at there 'big team' level but celebrated like they had scored a winner against Barcelona in the Champions league final! They have trumpets on kickback going on about how Hibs are just a distraction to them to be laughed at and there level is now with the Old Firm lol!!

05-04-2011, 08:41 AM

They are most definetely envious of a number of things.The stadium for a start which amongst themselves they will admit to it being a cracking one and something they can hardly disagree with as every form of media are glowing in praise of it.They have an apalling stadium which they will admit privately but of course deny if challenged
The 6-2 and 7-0 scorelines haunt them as does fjks 5-1 horsing in the cup final.The mere mention of the word seven gets them foaming at the mouth and mentioning some obscure friendly from before any of them were born.
The fact that they havent signed players of the quality of archibald,best,sauzee and latapy haunts them and even fjk had to admit what a great player latapy was.No ******* sherlock.And of course the fact that they have won 2 trophies in their lifetimes as opposed to our three rankles so much that they call the league cup the diddy cup so diddy they havent won it for 51 years.
They need some sort of identity hence the strong level of insidous bigotry which is oh so clearly heard at live games.There is other reasons of course but the most telling was the size of the crowd on sunday.Does anybody think if the roles were reversed and we were 26 points ahead of them there would have been the same crowd.Absolutely no chance.Finally their celebration of an equalizer not even a winner in a fairly meaningless derby as far as league posotion goes shows who has the wee team mentality and that said more than a thousand words could.

05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
What i think says more about Hearts fans than anything is the way they drop their trousers and bend over for anybody who shows the least bit interest in them.

Wallace Mercer, Leslie Deans, Chris Robinson, Vladimir Romanov have all been welcomed and greeted as heroes and every single one has shafted them in some way yet they never, ever, ever learn. They may try and revise history and treat dear old Waldo as some kind of hero for the takeover bid but the truth is by the time he left Tynecastle they hated him with a passion. Deans and Robinson would have sold Tynecastle had they had one offer that matched their valuation and their handling of the SMG 'investment' was just brilliant. Romanov has broken every promise he made- big name signings, new stand, reduce the debt, regular European football, break the OF duopoly etc etc etc yet still they never learn. If some other business man flashed a wallet at them tommorow they wouldn't have learned their lesson, they would happily buy into his 'vision' and accept the inevitable roasting with barely a word of protest.

Hearts are no more of a big club than anyone else outwith the OF in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic don't think of Hearts as a rival to them, they are as irrelevant as the rest of us to them. Hearts have outspent the rest of the 'other 10' by a huge ammount and have no more to show for it than Dundee Utd. What a massive, massive club they are.

Hank Schrader
05-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Hearts have outspent the rest of the 'other 10' by a huge ammount .

And racked up such an astronomical amount of debt that UKIO Bankas now hold complete security over Tynecastle Stadium. Nope, this isn't hobonomics, just simple stone cold fact.

All worth it for two Scottish cup wins in 13 years and the odd flirt as title contenders. :rolleyes:

05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
They are giants of world football. We just have to face the facts.

05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
but they are bigger than us.

paxtonhibby
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
but they are bigger than us.

Their debt cetainly is.:rolleyes:

05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
To be honest, the yams didn't used to bother me in the slightest in fact, I found thier rants about them being the "big team" and how we were all obsessed with thier finances rather amusing, as none of it is true.

Now though, with all this bigotry crap thats spewing out of thier mouths I cannot wait until the debt gets too much and the owner does a runner........

Vlad, pull the plug. :devil:

:bye:

05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
What i think says more about Hearts fans than anything is the way they drop their trousers and bend over for anybody who shows the least bit interest in them.

Wallace Mercer, Leslie Deans, Chris Robinson, Vladimir Romanov have all been welcomed and greeted as heroes and every single one has shafted them in some way yet they never, ever, ever learn. They may try and revise history and treat dear old Waldo as some kind of hero for the takeover bid but the truth is by the time he left Tynecastle they hated him with a passion. Deans and Robinson would have sold Tynecastle had they had one offer that matched their valuation and their handling of the SMG 'investment' was just brilliant. Romanov has broken every promise he made- big name signings, new stand, reduce the debt, regular European football, break the OF duopoly etc etc etc yet still they never learn. If some other business man flashed a wallet at them tommorow they wouldn't have learned their lesson, they would happily buy into his 'vision' and accept the inevitable roasting with barely a word of protest.

Hearts are no more of a big club than anyone else outwith the OF in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic don't think of Hearts as a rival to them, they are as irrelevant as the rest of us to them. Hearts have outspent the rest of the 'other 10' by a huge ammount and have no more to show for it than Dundee Utd. What a massive, massive club they are.

:agree: Nails it for me and the highlighted section in particular says it all, they are the last word in revisionism - taking it to the level of an art form.
They have however, managed to appropriate two major flaws from the OF in equal measure - Rangers reactionary sectarian bile and Celtics paranoia! So maybe thats why they believe they are on a comparable level of rank.

sunshine1875
05-04-2011, 12:18 PM
You would think they are a Real Madrid, Barcelona or AC Milan the way they go on about it.

It is a bit akin to saying, who is the biggest between:

Bolton and Blackburn
Swansea and Cardiff
Sheff Utd or Wed.
Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers
Forres Mechanics or Lossiemouth

In the footballing world, who cares?

Now, if this was a discussion between Man U and Man C, I could understand one team claiming to be the BIG team because of all the trophies that they have one!

darwenhibby
05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Blackburn & Bolton
Nobody bothers about anything to do with Bolton.
Bolton have tried to rouse up rivalry with every one but only Bury are takers.

Blackburn & Burnley is the one around here.

Big team wee team Man United V Man City

City are a massive club:faf:

05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Its a pointless argument re big team wee team.Hibs have the bigger stadium,were last to win a trophy,have finished ahead of hearts in 2 of the last 3 seasons and in the lifetime of most supporters we have won 3 trophies to their 2.But as neither has consistently challenged the gruesome twosome its all a point less pub debate.They talk big team but have a wee team mentality whereby drawing away to your rivals who are miles behind you in the league is greeted like they won the champions league.Sad but thats the way the jambos are in their own we world.So glad im a hibs fan.

05-04-2011, 06:17 PM

Archie every one of their hidious wee sneering faces looks kinda sad when they are giving it the gloat and i tell them im chuffed to bits with a point off the big team :greengrin

ac1
06-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Archie every one of their hidious wee sneering faces looks kinda sad when they are giving it the gloat and i tell them im chuffed to bits with a point off the big team :greengrin

Ha ha quality! You still should have took Satchel out though! :devil: