PDA

View Full Version : Poor Show

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Shortly after the first Hearts goal, they had a throw in at the corner flag in front of the East Stand. There was a shower of all manner of missiles aimed at this area. Objects included several of the hilarious green specs, numerous coins, a pie, half a pizza and a full cup of Coke.

We were about 10 rows from the front and the chap in front of me fell to his knees with blood pouring from a wound on the top of his head presumably caused by something thrown from the rows above us. The guy was taken off for urgent medical attention.

Is it commonplace to throw objects from the back of the East Stand and if so is there no regard for the safety of those near the front and the players these things are aimed at?

Before the match even started we were hit by some pizza and a carton of juice thrown from rows behind us.

Ritchie
03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately it happens a lot.

At the killie game there were sweets getting lobbed down from the back row of the singing section.
The guy behind me got smacked by a pie too.

Complete morons! :agree:

CB_NO3
03-04-2011, 06:15 PM
If it continues, the police will close that section of the stadium.

frazeHFC
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
At full time i saw a guy falling down a few rows of seats. I was in the FF so could not see it clearly but it looked a sore one.

Anyone know what happened and if he is alright.

CB_NO3
03-04-2011, 06:38 PM
The boy got up. Could have been alot worse.

Leith_Hibee
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I once got hit by a pie meant for Paul Hartley at Tynecastle. I wouldn't have minded but the idiot put brown sauce on it before he lobbed it!

I hate brown sauce, especially when its in my hair.

marinello59
03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I only hope that the club takes action against the mindles thugs who wrecked the away dugout. Animals. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Not good to hear missiles being thrown from our Stands.... We really do have some numpties in our support at times.... Do they not realise the financial ramifications for Hibs if this is reported... And injuring fans and players is not acceptable IMO

Ritchie
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I only hope that the club takes action against the mindles thugs who wrecked the away dugout. Animals. :agree:

What happened?

marinello59
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
What happened?

Fat Jim and his ugly henchmen got a bit over excited and knocked one of the panels out. Hopefully they get billed. :greengrin

Ritchie
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Fat Jim and his ugly henchmen got a bit over excited and knocked one of the panels out. Hopefully they get billed. :greengrin

Hooligans!!! :bitchy:

LancashireHibby
03-04-2011, 07:33 PM

As long as we don't let them pay electronically.

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Hibs fans are the best fans in the world?

woody47
03-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Guy couple of rows in front of me (about middle of section 43) got hit with a pair of sunglasses - was not a happy bunny and I don't blame him. Hopefully, the old bill had the cameras working and get a hold of ALL the to$$ers who were throwing stuff today and bin them permanently from the stadium.
It used to be a lot worse years ago with bottles and sharpened coins but we still have morons in our support.
What do they think is going to happen? Bad enough throwing things at opposing players but hitting our own fans? :grr:
Also what should have been a good laugh with everyone wearing the sun shades appears to have backfired with some of these so called supporters trying to throw them onto the pitch. Some did make it but did the clowns further back actually think they had the power to throw a piece of plastic 30-40 yards? :no way::asshole:

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Nail on the head Woody, great post!

Fat Stu
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Shortly after the first Hearts goal, they had a throw in at the corner flag in front of the East Stand. There was a shower of all manner of missiles aimed at this area. Objects included several of the hilarious green specs, numerous coins, a pie, half a pizza and a full cup of Coke.

We were about 10 rows from the front and the chap in front of me fell to his knees with blood pouring from a wound on the top of his head presumably caused by something thrown from the rows above us. The guy was taken off for urgent medical attention.

Is it commonplace to throw objects from the back of the East Stand and if so is there no regard for the safety of those near the front and the players these things are aimed at?

Before the match even started we were hit by some pizza and a carton of juice thrown from rows behind us.

Was sitting next to said chap who head got split open from what we believe was a coin. I got hit by a juice and my pal got hit by a pizza.

Hope the idiots who were throwing things are proud of themselves.

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Didn't notice anyone particularly overweight sitting in front of us Fat Stu.

Fat Stu
03-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Didn't notice anyone particularly overweight sitting in front of us Fat Stu.

was in row h seat 209, and my mate isn't slim either, hope that 2 guys didn't get hit by coins by the morons in our support. or are you jut being kind and trying to make me feel better about my size:greengrin:wink:.

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
No, same guy. Poor show by all of the morons who think this is clever. I would happily have them all banned for life and will be writing to RP to ask what Hibs are doing to eradicate this moronic behaviour.

Keith_M
03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
The saddest thing is, some guy on another thread was defending these people. I kid you not, he said it was all part of the passionate atmosphere of the derby, or some such twaddle.

:bitchy:

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Throwing objects which injure members of your own support or cause serious harm to the players of your own side or that of the opposition is totally unacceptable and I would very much like to debate this in person with anyone who feels otherwise.

The downside of forum debates is the minority who hide behind their self given monikers, happy to insult the like minded majority with ill informed, inflammatory posts which do not reflect the general feeling of the REAL supporters.

There are sad stories on here of Hibs supporters trying to start fights with other Hibs supporters after the first Heart's goal. We really need to get a grip and come together to sort this out.

Removed
03-04-2011, 09:30 PM
The saddest thing is, some guy on another thread was defending these people. I kid you not, he said it was all part of the passionate atmosphere of the derby, or some such twaddle.

:bitchy:

:agree: and if a yam got hit he wouldn't give a ****

Unbelievable stuff. And he's an uber fan as well.

ArabHibee
03-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I was tempted to throw my apple at that time- wasting fud Craig Thomson, but I just ate it instead.

RIP
03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Must admit I prefer the Singing Section any day apart from the Hearts games. All the jakies and junkies seem tae come out the woodwork for their annual feeding frenzy.

The place wis reekin o beer and stale farts and some of them had eyes popping oot their heids before they even took their seats :sick:

Thankfully we won't have another Easter Road derby for a while

Removed
03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
The place wis reekin o beer and stale farts and some of them had eyes popping oot their heids before they even took their seats :sick:

Chuckie :dunno:

:wink:

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Must admit I prefer the Singing Section any day apart from the Hearts games. All the jakies and junkies seem tae come out the woodwork for their annual feeding frenzy.

The place wis reekin o beer and stale farts and some of them had eyes popping oot their heids before they even took their seats :sick:e

Sadly you are bang on...

Tinker1875
03-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Iam a season ticket holder in the East Stand, just down from the singing section.
I have seen threads about how bad the Jambos were for the fatty invading the pitch and the flares, but what about our home support?? I think the 12th man is great, but today there were clearly coins and glasses been thrown as it hit the guy infront of me, iam in row J. Pizzas and juice been thrown to, kids go to these games!

My daughter is 5 and a season ticket holder and iam to scared to take her to see a derby because of this, hitting our own fans is shocking behaviour.

Name and Shame! :wink:

kaimendhibs
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Hate saying it, but we have some total f'annies in our support. Mibbe just me but they seem to appear at Swynie, Ibrox and Darkheid as well as at home against Yams. Just the "big games" really. If you want to support the team, come to all games and most importantly, Screw the Nut

s club 7-0
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Instead of bumping our gums can anything realistically be done to nail these people who are intent on ruining the experience for everyone else who pay healthy money for the privilege of supporting Hibs. I very nearly brought my 4 year old to her first game - imagine if she was hit on the head by a something thrown by a fellow Hibby?

marinello59
03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Hate saying it, but we have some total f'annies in our support. Mibbe just me but they seem to appear at Swynie, Ibrox and Darkheid as well as at home against Yams. Just the "big games" really. If you want to support the team, come to all games and most importantly, Screw the Nut

My wife read this and said that I should point out that I go to loads of games. I really don't get the point she wants to make. :confused:

kaimendhibs
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
My wife read this and said that I should point out that I go to loads of games. I really don't get the point she wants to make. :confused:

Think its your missus defending you, and i have no doubt you dont need defending by the way. My wife did it for me on facebook earlier, bless her. Stand by my point all the same

Sir David Gray
03-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Throwing objects, particularly hard objects like coins, is completely unacceptable and the people who do this type of thing need to be identified and informed that they're no longer welcome at Easter Road.

A lot of people think that just because it's a derby, whether it be at Easter Road or Tynecastle, that behaving like this is ok. I accept that you have to expect a more hostile atmosphere at games like this and people will shout and say things that they won't be saying and shouting in our next home game against Hamilton for instance. I think that can be excused, to a certain extent, but as soon as it starts to develop into throwing objects then it's gone too far and needs to be nipped in the bud.

Hibs fans fighting with other Hibs fans is just utterly ridiculous. I can't begin to express how sad I think that is.

hibbysam
03-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Iam a season ticket holder in the East Stand, just down from the singing section.
I have seen threads about how bad the Jambos were for the fatty invading the pitch and the flares, but what about our home support?? I think the 12th man is great, but today there were clearly coins and glasses been thrown as it hit the guy infront of me, iam in row J. Pizzas and juice been thrown to, kids go to these games!

My daughter is 5 and a season ticket holder and iam to scared to take her to see a derby because of this, hitting our own fans is shocking behaviour.

Name and Shame! :wink:

was standing with my brother, and a couple of my pals today in section 43 about half way up.. when everything was getting lobbed a ginger lad two rows down launched his glasses.. he was the only individual we saw.. we asked him what the **** he was playing at and his reaction was to come up and square up to anyone that fancied saying anything as if he had the right to throw it:rolleyes: absolute plank of a guy.. others may have seen this right after they opened the scoring.. ginger hair.. ginger beard and side burns etc.. absolute ******** of a man!:agree:

Greentinted
04-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Maybe its just me but I can't say I have ever, in almost 40 years of attending football matches, been remotely close to feeling an urge to launch a coin, bottle, pie, etc at a game. I can shout and swear (and sing and dance) with the best of them; I get upset and emotional (I was physically trembling during the final 10 mins or so yesterday) and elated and joyous; but to be moved to violence (or even its intent) is foreign territory.

But then, even with the emotional investment, I am well aware that football is, as the cliche goes, just a game and I, as is the case I imagine with most members of this forum, have had a helluva lot of real life nonsense to attend to over the years which affords me a fairly pragmatic perspective.

These eejits are not welcome, so aye, name them, shame them and bin them!

sahib
04-04-2011, 07:23 AM
was standing with my brother, and a couple of my pals today in section 43 about half way up.. when everything was getting lobbed a ginger lad two rows down launched his glasses.. he was the only individual we saw.. we asked him what the **** he was playing at and his reaction was to come up and square up to anyone that fancied saying anything as if he had the right to throw it:rolleyes: absolute plank of a guy.. others may have seen this right after they opened the scoring.. ginger hair.. ginger beard and side burns etc.. absolute ******** of a man!:agree:

Sounds like a guy who goes to my local. He is known as Ginger, don't know his real name.

Brizo
04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Sounds like a guy who goes to my local. He is known as Ginger, don't know his real name.

Its not a laughing matter but that made me lol as the young uns say.

At the FF end of the East there were no stewards or polis in the stand itself , only a couple of stewards at the bottom where the exits are. Take it was same in singing section.

A lot of people wont like it but only way to deter these morons from throwing stuff imo is to do what they do at Hampden and have polis walking up and down the gangways throughout the game. That of course would mean that L & B would need to act proactively in the ground instead of reactively.

cocopops1875
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
I noticed that when I arrived at the game in a rush from playing golf that I still had a ball in my pocket safe to say I went home with that ball people who drag our clubs name through the dirt are idiots . I feel for the fans who were hit by their own fans

RIP
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Quick email to Jim Pryde and the plank will disappear

hibbysam
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM

I would if i knew the name.. seat number etc but as I have none of this it would get absolutely nowhere.. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I would if i knew the name.. seat number etc but as I have none of this it would get absolutely nowhere.. :rolleyes:

I would send it anyway and they may be able to identify him as the stand will be covered with CCTV no doubt. Sounds very identifiable.

RIP
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

I would send it anyway and they may be able to identify him as the stand will be covered with CCTV no doubt. Sounds very identifiable.

Spot on mate. Somebody from the club will be waiting for him at the next game. I've seen one or two weeded out already after previous games

Sammy7nil
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Spoils going to finals when all these :asshole::asshole: come out of the woodwork, pissssed out their tree only interested in giving others abuse.

hibbysam
05-04-2011, 10:00 AM
anyone have an e-mail address to this Jim Pryde?

RIP
05-04-2011, 10:13 AM

James S. Pryde QPM | Operations Advisor

The Hibernian Football Club Limited

Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG

Phone +44 (0) 131 661 2159
Fax +44 (0) 131 659 6488

hibeenicol
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM

The guy your on about is a good guy thats there every week and I've never seen him react like that. So all this reporting him etc is alot of bollocks in my opinion, and from what I seen it lasted no more than 5secs and it was finished. Everybody makes mistakes this was his let things go.

Lauder Hibby
05-04-2011, 12:16 PM

I know exactly who your on about, i know him. And dont try and act the innocent angel on here pal coz yous shouted ALOT more than that to him, hense the reason he came up to yous. He wasnt "an absolute plank" when you were wanting to shake his hand!!!???? To which he did and admited he was wrong in the heat of the momment. Anyway, A derby match, a few beers before the game, tensions get high, i think reporting 1 person is a bit much when ****loads of glasses and other objects were thrown. They (the sunglasses) wouldnt have hurt any1, its no as if it was coins or lighters he threw.

erin go bragh
05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
idiots [ i remember getting hit on the side of the face by a roll of tracing paper/toilet roll ] mid 80s . at the bottom of the east[[thrown from the back of the east] . was a fair skelp to the jaw like :confused:
can remember a man with a golf ball with nails through it stuck to his forehead [blood everywhere] thrown by the huns into the east mid 80s also.

Harpandcastle
05-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I know exactly who your on about, i know him. And dont try and act the innocent angel on here pal coz yous shouted ALOT more than that to him, hense the reason he came up to yous. He wasnt "an absolute plank" when you were wanting to shake his hand!!!???? To which he did and admited he was wrong in the heat of the momment. Anyway, A derby match, a few beers before the game, tensions get high, i think reporting 1 person is a bit much when ****loads of glasses and other objects were thrown. They (the sunglasses) wouldnt have hurt any1, its no as if it was coins or lighters he threw.

Good points well made, this goody too shoes lot wanting people grassed up after a derby are disgusting. Thank F I sit in the west out the road of these self appointed guardian angels.

RIP
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Actually I think I know the dude now - gave us a hand wi the Hibs.Net flag one time.

It's guid to hear he was apologetic

Maybe in his case the beamer is bad enough :dunno:

Lauder Hibby
05-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Good points well made, this goody too shoes lot wanting people grassed up after a derby are disgusting. Thank F I sit in the west out the road of these self appointed guardian angels.

Honestly mate, theres no need whatsover. this has been blown way out of proportion. Fair enough if it was coins, lighters etc but ffs a set of 99p sunglasses!! Folk need to get a grip! Although the reason i think the above poster is so determined to report him is coz my mate pulled them up on the abuse they were shouting at him, so angels they are NOT. But when he went up to them, not a peep. Fair enough, he did loose the heed a wee bit but so would most folk if they were getting called everythin under the sun. Anyway, Then there was a handshake a while later, END OF IMO.

Actually I think I know the dude now - gave us a hand wi the Hibs.Net flag one time.
It's guid to hear he was apologetic

Maybe in his case the beamer is bad enough :dunno:

And as i said above, There was a handshake, wouldny say there was a beamer but he knew/knows he probably shouldnt have flung anythin.

Lauder Hibby
05-04-2011, 07:07 PM

And as for you again, You could well be makin this ALOT worse than it needs to be. Why did you no say all this to his face??? Why the determination on a handshake (on more than 1 occasion) then try and be a hero on here!!!??? Would that be the same reason yous were all mouth at the time but when he came up to you, yous wouldnt say boo to a ghost!!??

bighairyfaeleith
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
So can we just report any ginger folks to Mr Pryde and they will get banned??

****ing happy days, my list might be quite long:greengrin

Lofarl
06-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Im strawberry blonde and Mikey Stewart is banned already.

hibbysam
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
And as for you again, You could well be makin this ALOT worse than it needs to be. Why did you no say all this to his face??? Why the determination on a handshake (on more than 1 occasion) then try and be a hero on here!!!??? Would that be the same reason yous were all mouth at the time but when he came up to you, yous wouldnt say boo to a ghost!!??

i never once offered a handshake as i never said anything to the dafty! there wasnt all this abuse so your talking out your arse.. there was maybe an "********" or "prick" .. and just because its "only a 99p pair of sunglasses" does that make it alright? it was only a 2p piece thats fine.. lighters arent much either.. is it against the law yes.. should he have been doing it? no!

oh and he actually refused my pals handshake so lets chuck that one straight out the window.. he came up thinking he was going to start world war III and your saying none of us said anything i bet your bottom dollar i did.. i told him exactly what i thought of him at the time.. if he was that big and hard and didnt run away etc why didnt he hit me then eh?:agree:

if i see someone committing an offence then i will report if i want to report.. only reason your getting all worked up is because you know he was in the wrong.. he didnt regret what he did so dont lie!