PDA

View Full Version : The fullback outballs!

Reaper
03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
This team CC is building seem to have bought into the philosophy of using the fullbacks to good effect very quickly, outballs and spreading the width very well. What I have noticed though is the majority of the time (granted not all of it) the other players run away from the full backs and end up isolating them, therefore turning a good move into one that breaks down. This only got worse when Palsson went off.

Is this a cause of Deek and Sodje not working the channels hard enough or not enough natural width in the midfield? Not sure masel but just a wee bit tinkering needed to remedy this and production of chances could dramatically increase :confused:

Thoughts?

Cabbage1875
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
This team CC is building seem to have bought into the philosophy of using the fullbacks to good effect very quickly, outballs and spreading the width very well. What I have noticed though is the majority of the time (granted not all of it) the other players run away from the full backs and end up isolating them, therefore turning a good move into one that breaks down. This only got worse when Palsson went off.

Is this a cause of Deek and Sodje not working the channels hard enough or not enough natural width in the midfield? Not sure masel but just a wee bit tinkering needed to remedy this and production of chances could dramatically increase :confused:

Thoughts?
A bit of both I think.

We really do need more from the strikers though, the folk around me at the game would have been sick of me saying that today.

offshorehibby
03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't think Deek and Sodje will be our main strikers next season.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Thoughts?

I think the number of off-target goal attempts showed a definitee lack of composure and the number of balls that went sailing over Sodje's head was another - out-balls by definition are long speculative crosses but they should at least give the forward a chance to bring the ball in.

Reaper
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I think the number of off-target goal attempts showed a definitee lack of composure and the number of balls that went sailing over Sodje's head was another - out-balls by definition are long speculative crosses but they should at least give the forward a chance to bring the ball in.

The Outball bit was more about when we have possession under pressure on one side of the park and switch the play to the other fullback. I've certainly never heard your definition of an outball before but every days a school day.