PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Vaz Te

SteveHFC
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Give him a new deal. He was really good when he came on today.

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Took his goal well. :agree:

Green Man
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree, was impressed with him. Looks like the best striker we've had in quite some time.

madbadlad
03-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Took his goal well. Has decent touch. Certainly preferrable to Sodje. Sodje can hassle a defence, but he is simply not good enough and should be let go at end of season.

Kevvy1875
03-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Yep, willing to take a man on too. Looks very decent indeed:agree:

Seen him asking for the ball all the time....just the sort of type we need.

CallumLaidlaw
03-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Without a doubt, a very good footballer.
He's obviously messed around in the past, but if he's learnt from his mistakes, he could be an excellent footballer.

Hopefully we have a clause that means he's ours for another couple of years if we want him

Golden Bear
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll reserve judgement for the moment.

Looks as though he could be potentially brilliant but em ------------------- let's wait and see.

California-Hibs
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Its gonna be another Agathe situation if we don't be careful. Ricardo's a cracking player, GET HIM ON A NEW DEAL ASAP!

Dashing Bob S
03-04-2011, 04:09 PM
No way is he Hibs class. Let's punt him for nothing as fast as possible so he can come back to haunt us, preferably in the colours of Hearts or the OF.

GloryGlory
03-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I'll reserve judgement for the moment.

Looks as though he could be potentially brilliant but em ------------------- let's wait and see.

Think he's not 100% match fit. Overall, quite impressed, but will judge him as he gets more game time to the end of the season. If he pushes on and puts in some good shifts, yes well worth an extended deal.

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2011, 04:14 PM
BoltonHibs is no gonna like this one bit!

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Very impressed with him when he came on.

I would wait and see how he does after one or two starts but I'd certainly say that he's the kind of player that we should be looking to bring in over the season to help us improve as a team.

hibee_girl
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Have only seen him in the friendly and today but he does look special :agree:

down-the-slope
03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
my gut instinct is that he is being lined up as replacement for Riorden....

which i would personally be OK with. He has skill and is prepared to dribble and commit players as well as having good pace.
He is one who will play best of a 'target man' in a free role or top of the 'diamond'

PatHead
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Thought he looked okay but at times wish he would play a simplier quicker ball rather than fancy dan stuff

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
I thought he took his goal superbly and what better way to score your first goal than against the pink slime :jamboak:

Give him an extended deal?...yes please! :agree:

BoltonHibee
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
BoltonHibs is no gonna like this one bit!

I do want him to do well, I wasn't particularly impressed with him today that said. He did take his goal very well, recovered well from his poor first touch to poke it home.

He is obviously not fully fit and needs more game time to get there, but I certainly wouldn't be offering him a contract on what we have seen of him so far in a Hibs strip..

sherbert76
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
lets be honest scored a gd goal any goal against the ****bos is gr8
but do you think he would fit in each wk give 100%?.

i shall wait and see!

sleeping giant
03-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Still to be convinced if i'm being honest.

BoltonHibee
03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I thought he took his goal superbly and what better way to score your first goal than against the pink slime :jamboak:

Give him an extended deal?...yes please! :agree:

Outstanding finish.:agree:

sleeping giant
03-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Outstanding finish.:agree:

:agree:

Just seen the highlights. Cool finish !

Removed
03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
:agree:

Just seen the highlights. Cool finish !

It was right in front of you today or did you leave early again :wink:

Ernie Cobra
03-04-2011, 10:28 PM
sign him, and sign him now. Simple as that, who in the team is better?

sleeping giant
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
It was right in front of you today or did you leave early again :wink:

I thought it had bounced off his shin earlier.

sleeping giant
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
sign him, and sign him now. Simple as that, who in the team is better?

Thought Miller was outstanding!

Removed
03-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I thought it had bounced off his shin earlier.

Ok, I'll let you off :greengrin

sleeping giant
03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Ok, I'll let you off :greengrin

I really enjoyed that game. Came hame with a sair throat for the first time in a long time:greengrin

matty_f
03-04-2011, 10:45 PM

I really enjoyed that game. Came hame with a sair throat for the first time in a long time:greengrin

I thought it was a good game too, and we were nowhere bad as the reaction on here would have you believe.

Ernie Cobra
03-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Thought Miller was outstanding!

I agree, Miller was good for 60 mins today, after he scored a well taken peno, however up until then he was playing his usual game of fitba hide and seek.

Dont get me wrong, i like miller and want him to stay for as long as poss, i think he can come onto a game now with our new look midfield, and is defo the calibre of player i want to see at Easter Road, as is Vaz te (by the looks of it) also palsson looks to be a good addition.

We defo need a cool head at the back (could big Franck not make a wee appearance for a season or 2) and a penalty box striker, IN MY OPINION!!!

bob12345
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
To be fair, I don't think this game suited him at all. A team with all of their men behind the ball, and he still did pretty well. Against open teams with more space, I think this lad will be very useful.

oldbutdim
03-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Thought he looked okay but at times wish he would play a simplier quicker ball rather than fancy dan stuff

What he said.

hibee81
04-04-2011, 07:58 AM

I think your never going to take the fancy stuff out his game, but i did think that the guys around him were not as switched onto the wee short passes he was trying, maybe to much of a football brain for the hibees, i hope not.

Scooter
04-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I noticed one thing. He wanted more help from ritchie towell. He was defo looking for RT to drive forward for an overlap to create more space. I actually thought CC noticed this as well when i seen spoony coming on. I had Vaz Te as last scorer :grr:

Cropley10
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
This place never fails to amaze me - RVT isn't good enough for Hibs some people think.

He came on yesterday and was a threat every time he got the ball, some of his thinking was far too quick for Thornhill and Deek, but that will come.

He's the sort of player who will get people out of their seats, who else do we have that can do that? He's also an unknown in Scotland and is the sort of wildcard we need. Yes he's had problems in the past, but if he didn't he wouldn't be here at all.

Thing is he's only here til May, so we've not got anything to worry about anyway:rolleyes:

Westie1875
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Hope we've got an option to sign him for longer, definitely a big improvement on what we already had.

Franck is God
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
He is still short of full fitness which definitely showed yesterday but he did take his chance very well after a fortuitous touch which took him clear and confused the keeper.

His general movement and touch is that of a player that has been at a higher level though and I have no doubts that he could be a success at Hibs and fingers crossed he will continue to improve and end up getting a new deal.

Sodje was signed to help get us out of relegation danger and that is what he has done, Vaz Te was signed as a potential player for the next couple of years and so far it looks promising, another couple of strikers of the same quality and we will win games like yesterdays.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Vaz Te is something different, he is comfortable on the ball, has a bit of pace and can run with the ball, and obviously has a football brain. He might not be 100% fit yet, but he did look better yesterday than anything we have.

essexhibee
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Is he on a deal to end of the season?

Id get him on a longer contract .

DH1875
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM

I must of had the beer goggles on. Sure he took his goal well but I got to be honest and say that other than that I thought he was rank. Know I'm in a minority but think I'd wait a while before any new deal.
Will be more than happy if proved wrong :flag:.

Sammy7nil
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
He was okay looked unsure where he fit in to the setup.

Richard Gordon was Scathing and laughing at his performance. Said he may have scored but overall poor Nani was his friend but he cetainky does not play like Nani
I was listening on the way home.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
RVT looks a class act ideed. Well impressed by this guy. Shrewd bit of biz by CC, but as usual, we'll toil to hold on to him. His finish on Sunday was Premiership class :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Richard Gordon was Scathing and laughing at his performance. Said he may have scored but overall poor Nani was his friend but he cetainky does not play like Nani
I was listening on the way home.

Richard Gorodn knows fek all. He maybe a Uni educated bloke and able to talk a bit, but he knows nothing about RVT. The guy looks a class singing and will only get better with more games under his belt.