PDA

View Full Version : Hoodoo

Hibernia Na Eir
03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Hibs will never end this hoodoo.

Just not good enough. Hearts are always far more up for the derby. Can think of only around 2 or 3 times where Hearts havent turned up over the years. Hibs do it very well. Utter gash. WTF is it we dont have and they do?

--------
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM

Just not good enough. Hearts are always far more up for the derby. Can think of only around 2 or 3 times where Hearts havent turned up over the years. Hibs do it very well. Utter gash. WTF is it we dont have and they do?

Yes, we will. Sooner rather than later, IMO.

And when we do, it'll be all the sweeter.

SlickShoes
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes, we will. Sooner rather than later, IMO.

And when we do, it'll be all the sweeter.

Does not really answer why hearts are always more up for a derby, a lot of our players just don't turn up on these days. Even terrible hearts teams have beaten far better hibs teams by just giving a ****.

Jim44
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Today showed clearly why Hibs will not win a derby match in the near to middle future. The defence is garbage, our play in the last quarter of the park, albeit with acres of space to play in, is OK but our finishing is unbelievably bad. Hearts continue to dominate.

Keith_M
03-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't believe in this Hoodoo nonsense. CC is in the process of improving the squad and we're getting there, slowly. Once he has, I can only see Hibs getting better, and the derby wins will come.

:flag:

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Today showed clearly why Hibs will not win a derby match in the near to middle future. The defence is garbage, our play in the last quarter of the park, albeit with acres of space to play in, is OK but our finishing is unbelievably bad. Hearts continue to dominate.

Agree with all of that.

How could they come away with a draw. HOW? And wtf was calderwood on subbing Palsson?!?!:shocked::shocked:

Dashing Bob S
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Nothing to do with hoodoo's - the table doesn't lie. Just because we've got in some new players and had a minor unbeaten run against teams in the bottom half of the table doesn't give us a divine right to walk over a limited but decent enough SPL side in the form of Hearts.

We need to get realistic here. We've a terrible eighteen months -one of the worst in the club's history- and now we're transitioning in the right direction. But we are still transitioning. We still need to improve further and need more new players.

Nobody was talking about hoodoos when we were down to ten men and Gary O'Connor grabbed a late winner for us. Hearts supporters only a few weeks ago were talking about an easy victory in this fixture.

You get out of life what you put into it, and we need for talent and more savvy. However we've made great strides recently under CC and I'm sure we'll continue to improve.

Peevemor
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Nothing to do with hoodoo's - the table doesn't lie. Just because we've got in some new players and had a minor unbeaten run against teams in the bottom half of the table doesn't give us a divine right to walk over a limited but decent enough SPL side in the form of Hearts.

We need to get realistic here. We've a terrible eighteen months -one of the worst in the club's history- and now we're transitioning in the right direction. But we are still transitioning. We still need to improve further and need more new players.

Nobody was talking about hoodoos when we were down to ten men and Gary O'Connor grabbed a late winner for us. Hearts supporters only a few weeks ago were talking about an easy victory in this fixture.

You get out of life what you put into it, and we need for talent and more savvy. However we've made great strides recently under CC and I'm sure we'll continue to improve.

Well said Bob.

CiscoKid
03-04-2011, 02:01 PM
And wtf was calderwood on subbing Palsson?!?!

Pretty bleeding obvious why !? you don't really need a defensive midfielder against 10 men, it allowed Miller to play more centrally and add a bit more creativity. Palsson is good at his job but his job isn't scoring or creating goals and that's what we needed.

KiddA
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM

:agree:

SloopJB
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I may be partly to blame for the hoodoo today, I walked under a ladder after seeing a black cat cross the road and didn't send some tear jerking e-mail to ten people within 5 minutes.

It might just be that hearts were better on the day. Given that a couple of months ago every player should have been sacked it seems we've made progress.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Please dont bother to fire up derby stats, but i really do dread to think how bad they are. As someone stated in another thread i read earlier today, we possibly have THE worst derby record on the planet. That surely has to be termed as some kind of hoodoo in anyones language?

Its not good enough.

sh00byd00
03-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Who is this imposter? The Bob that we all know and love just doesn't post stuff like this!!

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I cant see when im ever going to see another Hibs win over hearts.

That was the best opportunity in years we've had to beating them and we still couldn't do it. And what of the so called hibs men about the team? Murray was nowhere for their goal and Derek, well i could be hear all night.

Judas Iscariot
03-04-2011, 02:18 PM

That was the best opportunity in years we've had to beating them and we still couldn't do it. And what of the so called hibs men about the team? Murray was nowhere for their goal and Derek, well i could be hear all night.

Well you predicted a 1-0 win for them so are you no happy :rolleyes:

:taxi

loanheadhibby
03-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Better players. It's as simple as that. Webster and Bouzid/Zaliukus much better than anything we have or had. they pay more wages and get better players. Always have done and always will do.

That was as bad as any defeat.

Hibs Class
03-04-2011, 02:25 PM
The fact they are celebrating the draw far more than we are shows the progress we've made in the last couple of months.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Who's to say Hearts wont improve even further too ???

down the slope
03-04-2011, 02:30 PM
There is an old saying in racing circles which is "class will out" and that applies to football as well , we usually beat them when we have better players and at this point in time they have slightly better players in some departments than us-simple.

Cabbage1875
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
It's all to do with mentality. If we went to Tynecastle and went down to 10 men so early we would sitting saying 'how many are they going to beat us by' and they would duly give us the thumping we deserved.

I'll bet you that any Jambo in there today wouldn't be thinking the same. We're a soft touch and have been for as long as I can remember.

We should have buried them today.

Hiber-nation
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
No hoodoo. Just a shambles defensively at the 2nd goal. I'd love to know why Murray was marking Webster and why they had 2 men unmarked in the box with a man short.

Having said that Deeks should have finished it and it proves beyond doubt that we don't need him any more.

heretoday
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Hibs played some nice stuff in the middle of the park. It's what happens at either end that's the trouble.

They do not look organised at the back and if Hearts had had say Kyle playing he would have taken advantage.

Up front Hibs need a quick thinking striker. I suggest David Villa of Barca! Someone with that sort of strength and purpose anyway.

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Jambos on kickback creaming themselves claiming another 22 in a row...

Do people think that it could happen again :rolleyes:?

Beefster
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM

http://www.topofcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drama_queen-360x347.jpg

EasterRoad4Ever
03-04-2011, 03:05 PM
It's all to do with mentality. If we went to Tynecastle and went down to 10 men so early we would sitting saying 'how many are they going to beat us by' and they would duly give us the thumping we deserved.

I'll bet you that any Jambo in there today wouldn't be thinking the same. We're a soft touch and have been for as long as I can remember.

Agree with this. In derbies it is often desire effort confidence and belief that win the day, and hibs invariably are 2nd best to the yams. We lack leadership on the field. It must be riddled with inferiority complex.

hibs0666
03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Please dont bother to fire up derby stats, but i really do dread to think how bad they are. As someone stated in another thread i read earlier today, we possibly have THE worst derby record on the planet. That surely has to be termed as some kind of hoodoo in anyones language?

Its not good enough.

You don't half like a bit of drama queenery.

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.topofcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drama_queen-360x347.jpg

Hardly. If we cant beat them when we are 2-1 up with five minutes to go, against ten men, dominating the game, hearts without a captain and missing a number of important players then when will we beat them?

Maybe it is a bit over-dramatic but you cant not say this was a great opportunity to finally get a win and we couldnt do it! Dont you think thats a bad situation to be in mate?

LaMotta
03-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Its not good enough.

The all time derby stats were in the match programme today - they are even worse than i thought they were.

The reason - days like today.

The_Todd
03-04-2011, 03:42 PM

Its not good enough.

Oh FFS. I take it you get all your football facts, views and opinions from Kickback, aye?

moredun
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Hardly. If we cant beat them when we are 2-1 up with five minutes to go, against ten men, dominating the game, hearts without a captain and missing a number of important players then when will we beat them?

Maybe it is a bit over-dramatic but you cant not say this was a great opportunity to finally get a win and we couldnt do it! Dont you think thats a bad situation to be in mate?

Do you not remember Deeks penalty at the pbs in the not too distant past, we were supposed to get humped that day, 7-0 the yams were saying.
6 first team players out, playing with half a team at the pbs, shirley our soft team would get humped

Now what was the score that day again, i seem to have forgotten:dunno:

essexhibee
03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Do you not remember Deeks penalty at the pbs in the not too distant past, we were supposed to get humped that day, 7-0 the yams were saying.
6 first team players out, playing with half a team at the pbs, shirley our soft team would get humped

Now what was the score that day again, i seem to have forgotten:dunno:

That was 2 YEARS ago. When have we beaten them since? Pathetic.

Kevvy1875
03-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Alot of removed bedwetters on here.

We will never beat Hearts if our supporters are such a spineless lot and always dreading the worst.....

Some of the comments from so called Hibees on here make me sick. Go and support the OF or something if you cannae handle setbacks....I will still be here supporting my team.

moredun
03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
That was 2 YEARS ago. When have we beaten them since? Pathetic.

And?

It kinda puts your bed wetting to err bed though doesn't it.

delbert
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
2 words, character and desire, something which has been missing at Easter Road pretty much for a generation. In derby matches Hearts are never found wanting for either of those two things, even with their ****iest teams they always get stuck right in.

Yet again with the game at our mercy, we manage to throw it away with incompetent defending at a bog standard set piece, a ball to the back post, every Hibs player bites and goes backwards with it, needless to say we once again lose out in the air, ball knocked back across to the near post area where two Hearts players have the luxury of deciding, whilst totally unmarked, which one of them is going to embarrass us this time around.

Oh and by the way, anybody who believes Mark Brown is the answer to our goalkeeping problems should have a word, clearly the defence in front of him today were not confident, and don't get me started on a 30 year old keeper who apparently des'nt know how to kick a football !! This game may prove to be a blessing in disguise, because it proved without doubt that we have much further to go than many realised, and that there are still wholesale changes need in the summer before we can be thought of as a consistent contender for a top six place, we are improving, but its going to take longer. Still think CC is the man for the job, we are going in the right direction, but an animal centre half and a bites your ankles type in midfield, plus an out and out goal scorer are still a must, roll on the summer.

Dinkydoo
03-04-2011, 05:21 PM
The fact they are celebrating the draw far more than we are shows the progress we've made in the last couple of months.

Or that they played the majority of the game with 10 men and equalised with only minutes remaining - just when it looked like we were going to win this time - not to mention the fact it was played at ER. :wink:

Nothing to do with how much we've improved IMO.

Jones28
03-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Pretty bleeding obvious why !? you don't really need a defensive midfielder against 10 men, it allowed Miller to play more centrally and add a bit more creativity. Palsson is good at his job but his job isn't scoring or creating goals and that's what we needed.

/he had picked up an injury and was still carrying a knock from internationals?

LaMotta
03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
/he had picked up an injury and was still carrying a knock from internationals?

:agree:

matty_f
03-04-2011, 06:37 PM
They'll not do a 22 in a row again. We will beat them next time.

Since90+2
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
**** sake. It was a draw , we should have won. Talk about going over board

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Hearts are the better team over a season and 7 points out of 9 probably merits how far they are ahead of Hibs. :boo hoo:

Next season I have no doubt we will at least have the beaten of them, but the past couple of seasons they have been better than us, quite simple. :agree:

scoopyboy
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Its quite possible that posters on here resemble a lot of Hibs players in the last few seasons, namely they fill their pants at the first sign of trouble.

Fans as the players do, need to f****** toughen up.

All this when will we ever see Hibs beat Hearts (if ever again) is nothing short of pathetic.

As anybody who has played sport at a high standard will tell you a positive mental attitude is required to achieve anything.

trev the hat
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
For me its the tempo of the game that needs upped.following at least 4 gilt edged chances for them in the 1st half We could and should have been 2-1 up following their red card. we had a good 15min to score a 2nd that would have killed them, int the 1st 45. Bottom line is we don,t have a clinical finisher (take note CC) & if that means DR needs to move to get one i for one would say yes.

heretoday
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
It's all swings and roundabouts. The thing is Hibs didn't deserve to win today because of their ineptness up front and lack of organisation when it mattered at the back.

We still have had plenty derby wins to savour and many more to come.

sesoim
03-04-2011, 09:34 PM

But our OVERALL record against Hearts is shocking. And since I started watching derbies back in the mid-80s, we have thrown away game after game against them. I don't recall us ever winning a game we deserved to lose in all that time, but I can certainly recall loads of games we lost that we should have won.

Hearts, admittedly, get slightly bigger crowds, and subsequently income, but not enough to justify why they have such an upperhand over us. We need to take a serious look at how we approach these games as even when we have a win in our hands we press self destruct against them.

Removed
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Its quite possible that posters on here resemble a lot of Hibs players in the last few seasons, namely they fill their pants at the first sign of trouble.

All this when will we ever see Hibs beat Hearts (if ever again) is nothing short of pathetic.

As anybody who has played sport at a high standard will tell you a positive mental attitude is required to achieve anything.

:agree: all the pish last night about being worried and *****ing yourself and not being able to sleep

Pussies. Man up ffs :agree:

sesoim
03-04-2011, 09:43 PM

I agree about the players having the wrong attitude, but you can't blame the fans for feeling that way when they have a history of letting us down against Hearts. The stats don't lie. CC needs to look at this, look at how we seem to throw away victories against them, lose games where we have outplayed them and so on.

I'm sure he is probably aware of this by now though, and maybe a few signings in the right areas over the summer (ie two CBs, a left winger and a reliable CF) will finally sort us out.

Hibs On Tour
03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Its undoubtedly a mental thing - they have a confidence and belief that they bring for every derby that we simply don't match most times. The quote about if we had went down to 10 men at their ground was bang on - we *would* be expecting a spanking, because we've seen it happen so many times in the past.

The only way that's gonna change is if the team on the park starting turning things around and showing some minerals in derby games. Once we've seen the team show some belief in derby's then perhaps we'll feel able to put that same belief in them.

Yes, would be nice to think that the crowd would show the belief first but that's just not gonna happen.

Liking the look of the players CC is bringing in though and hopefully he'll be focusing on a strong mental core and not just a physical one...

Greentinted
04-04-2011, 01:02 AM
But our OVERALL record against Hearts is shocking. And since I started watching derbies back in the mid-80s, we have thrown away game after game against them. I don't recall us ever winning a game we deserved to lose in all that time, but I can certainly recall loads of games we lost that we should have won.

Hearts, admittedly, get slightly bigger crowds, and subsequently income, but not enough to justify why they have such an upperhand over us. We need to take a serious look at how we approach these games as even when we have a win in our hands we press self destruct against them.

Ironically, the one that ended their 22-game run of tedium was one where they were superior in almost all departments. I mind being incredulous that day, but then, as you say, had suffered so many times after the opposite had occurred.

As for the rest of what you say, aye, no doubt about it, there have been large periods where its been more about attitude than ability (and sorry, but this present Hearts lot are nothing special) and somehow they know how to isolate and capitalise on a mentality to greater effect than us.

majorhibs
04-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Utter pish spouted on here about derbies, watchin thru the 80's most 90's apart from a short Sauzee Latapy inspired spell our record against that shower is a DISGRACE- every person associated with Hibs during the period I have had to endure against that shower should be hanging their heads in shame- its been a DISGRACE and I can totally understand where people are coming from on this thread- take away aforementioned foreign French & Trinidadian Gods records in derbies, what your left with is a DISGRACE- take away Stevie Archibalds contribution- before miller got rid of him- I TOTALLY see where the posters on this thread have a point- our record against the "team" we play in "derbies" (they obviously know that word better than anyone associated with our club in aforementioned period) well- our record against the other shower from Edinburgh is a SHAMBLES. And heads should roll. It probably is the worst derby record available recently. It feels like it. Thanks Hibs. One game we want to win- basically we never- or barely- do!

NeilOrrSquareBa
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Hoodoo

Utter Rollocks!
They couldn't buy a win off us back in the day. We will have our turn. Tick tock.

bawheid
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Hearts, admittedly, get slightly bigger crowds, and subsequently income, but not enough to justify why they have such an upperhand over us.

:confused: Where have you been since 2005? Hearts' wage budget has nothing to do with their attendances. They pay out more in wages than they take in income. That's up to them, and they may or may not have to face up to it one day, but it's fact.

I would agree with Scoopy that a lot of Hibs fans need to grow a backbone and stop wetting their pants every time Hearts come calling.

Openly questioning whether we'll ever beat Hearts again?? Jeezo. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
We blew a massive opportunity no doubt about that but there was more than enough we showed yesterday that we were heading in the right direction. Look at the ages of our team full of young guys who will only get better. Our long list of players leaving in the summer will allow CC to bring in some more of the quality he already has. We need an experienced centre half who will organise and talk through the younger players in the team amongst others.

From the penalty we played it IMO exactly right in using the width of the pitch and getting the full backs forward however on many occasions the final ball or finish was wasted. On another day we would have scored 4. Let the Hearts rejoice and chest thump all they want about the draw however they now know that in CC we have a manager of calibre who is slowly building a team who will compete with them.

Tyler Durden
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
There is an old saying in racing circles which is "class will out" and that applies to football as well , we usually beat them when we have better players and at this point in time they have slightly better players in some departments than us-simple.

I hate to add to the self pity here, but this is the thing that actually bothers me the most. When we've got better players we still don't have the upper hand in derbies.

When Hearts have the stronger squads they win by 3 or 4. We're lucky to edge out a 1 goal win. Even the 80% possession game in the CIS cup, we won 1-0. As someone else has mentioned our only real period of being solid and confident was the McLeish 12 game run.

Removed
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I hate to add to the self pity here, but this is the thing that actually bothers me the most. When we've got better players we <i>still don't</i> have the upper hand in derbies.

When Hearts have the stronger squads they win by 3 or 4. We're lucky to edge out a 1 goal win. Even the 80% possession game in the CIS cup, we won 1-0. As someone else has mentioned our only real period of being solid and confident was the McLeish 12 game run.

They've never scored seven though. That's what really hurts FJK.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
:confused: Where have you been since 2005? Hearts' wage budget has nothing to do with their attendances.

... and has been about or more than double ours since then. For the money Vlad has spent racking up that debt, they ought to be big favourites in every derby.

Bobby's Cinema
04-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Where is the evidence of that? Look at the league table. But for switching of at the freekick we would have. Massive massive disappointment

Bishop Hibee
04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
WTF is it we dont have and they do?

On this occasion, better players as the league position shows.

Sammy7nil
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Totally agree, different players different managers same outcome we are weak a pissss and have been for the best part of 35 years.

We accept it season in season out.

JimBHibees
04-04-2011, 03:06 PM

Agree we should have buried them however think we are more difficult to beat now than previously. Remember we went to Tynie in January when we were awful and they were flying high with their strongest team and they only won it with a late goal.

They arent that much better than us now and CC will no doubt strengthen the team in the summer which will bring us closer IMO.

darwenhibby
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
It happens in alot of Derbies
Arsenal have it over Tottenham
Liverpool over Everton
Man United over Man City.

In Edinburgh Derbies even when Hibs are playing well they always seem to be able to grind out a result.

Yesterday from 35 minutes onwards we should have battered them but poor finishing cost us.

On the other hand if it was the other way sure as hell they would have punished us.

I hate these games, never confident. Ihate when people come on here saying what we are going to do to them and we always have egg on our faces.

--------
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree about the players having the wrong attitude, but you can't blame the fans for feeling that way when they have a history of letting us down against Hearts. The stats don't lie. CC needs to look at this, look at how we seem to throw away victories against them, lose games where we have outplayed them and so on.

I'm sure he is probably aware of this by now though, and maybe a few signings in the right areas over the summer (ie two CBs, a left winger and a reliable CF) will finally sort us out.

We won't ever be "finally sorted out" - that isn't the nature of the game, or of life. But we will get our turn.

Reading down this thread, I'd say there's a lot of people needing locked up in rubber rooms and put on suicide watch. Keep away from ropes, tall buildings, and sharp jaggy objects, guys.

I can see it now - the cortege of hearses, reaching back as far as the eye can see, moving slowly and majestically down Easter Road, turning into Albion Place, pausing briefly at the stadium, then proceeding onwards to Seafield crematorium where the line of waiting undertakers' vehicles reaches past the roundabout into Strathmore Road and up Balmore Road all the way past St Agnes' Church. The weary attendants are now in their fifth day of non-stop funeral services, the furnaces are glowing red-hot, and the air is full of the sound of weeping and wailing and cries of "We'll never beat the Jambos ever, ever again...." Hands are being wrung, teeth are being gnashed, sack-cloth and ashes are the order of the day....

And don't even ask - I'm not doing the services. I'll be at the game. :devil:

"Never turn up?" "Worst derby record in football"? "Hibs will never end this hoodoo"? We need a special dedicated forum for castrated invertebrates on here.

(That would be for those with no testicles and no backbone, just to be clear.)

There has been no earthquake, no tsunami, there is no threat of a nuclear meltdown or a third world war. We drew with the Jambos. That's all.

:rolleyes:

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa