PDA

View Full Version : Do Hibs actually want people overseas to be able to watch the game?!

Steve-O
03-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I have been trying for literally the last half hour to just find a 'buy now' link so that I can watch the derby on Hibs TV but I cannot find anywhere to pay for it!! :brickwall

Surely this type of thing should be right there on the front page FFS?

Can anyone please help?

I don't have a subscription but I am sure as in the past you can just buy the game for 6 quid?

Steve-O
03-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Tsk NOW I find it...

Have to say it's not very clear at all talking about 'previous subscribers' (which I am) when it actually means CURRENT subscribers.

If you want to view it, you have to click on NEW subscribers...

Hard work! :greengrin

Septimus
03-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I assume therefore that you have Paypal because if you don't you are persona non grata. I watched from the beginning of transmission until payment methods were restricted. It is much the same in Hibs.net where they would be happy to have me as a subscribing member if I had Paypal.

hibs1989
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
My coverage still hasnt started? Has Anyones elses?

HiBremian
03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
My coverage still hasnt started? Has Anyones elses?

I'm still staring at a blank screen. Anyone's coverage started yet?

hibs1989
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm still staring at a blank screen. Anyone's coverage started yet?

Same as me? HELP

HiBremian
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Same as me? HELP

Live audio is working, but the live video stream seems to be dead...

AL-Qaholik
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
My screen is STILL blank!!!!!

Anyone else's working yet??

hibs1989
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
What a joke

HiBremian
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Clear Browsing History.

This worked for me:

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your email.

We are not aware of a problem with the stream.

It is possible that your computer is looking at old pages stored in the cache, or that a cookie has been corrupted.

The site you are using is supported across all platforms - please access the following page for assistance on how to complete this for your browser: http://www.performgroup.com/page/OtherTechnicalAssistance/0,,12605~1312288,00.html

Should your symptoms continue please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Jessica
Customer Services

HibeesLA
03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
What a joke

Agree. The site is the most stupid setup I've ever seen. I clicked on Live Video, tried to login with my username and that didn't work, so I signed up as a new user. I paid, tried my username, and that didn't work.

So, I put in the lost password, and my username/password came through as something completely different. I tried to pay through that account, and Hibernian TV said it failed, so I did it again, this time it was successful, but it doesn't recognise I paid.

I now have 3 receipts from paypal to say I've paid, yet the site doesn't recognise it. What a piece of crap! How do you manage to get 2 usernames for the same service. I've paid for Hibernian Interactive, I can get radio, and I want to watch, I have to go through hoops to eventually be paid £18 for nothing!

To note, I am trying to work with the Interactive team, but seems it just won't happen for me.

Dashing Bob S
03-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm in the same boat. Done everything by the book- big zero. FHTV.

PeeJay
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Stream's up here in Berlin now - but 15 minutes late - and no response yet from HIbs tV email!

Callum_62
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
rubbish - mine just started working without doing anything.

btw - whats with the English Commentator?

pacorosssco
03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
shocking missed the hibs goal. happy but not happy. not good enough

Steve-O
03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Mine started working after about 15 minutes but the picture quality isn't too amazing to be honest - surely they can provide a better quality stream when the match is being broadcast in HD??

English commentary is just weird. :taxi

PeeJay
03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Mine started working after about 15 minutes but the picture quality isn't too amazing to be honest - surely they can provide a better quality stream when the match is being broadcast in HD??

English commentary is just weird. :taxi

He's a HIBs fan - isn't that good enough??? :flag:

Removed
03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
He's a HIBs fan - isn't that good enough??? :flag:

Is he? It's his job. The unpaid HTV volunteers are Hibs fans though.

How many of our board are actually real Hibs fans?

HibsMax
03-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I've watched a few games on Hibernian Interactive and while it's not rocket science it is still more tricky than it should be e.g., I have to login twice to watch for some reason - it's like I need one account to get into the interactive area and another to watch the game. Not sure why that is. Maybe it's user error? Regardless, I'm not a computer / internet neophyte yet I still don't find it as intuitive as is could be.

Septimus
04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Found to my surprise that at last there is an alternative to Paypal. Paid right away but the screen was blank for the first fifteen minutes. It was a poor picture throughout and a bit annoying that I could not hear what McCann was saying at half time although on reflection perhaps my blood pressure was spared.

Steve-O
04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I just don't know why they are still unable to provide a higher quality stream? For 6 quid, it's pretty shoddy.

I've watched a Celtic stream over here (v Hibs at a Celtic supporters club) and they put it on a big screen via a projector - it was a far superior stream and yet was also coming from Easter Road!

Bet365 also has far better streams for nowt.

Big90inOz
04-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I just don't know why they are still unable to provide a higher quality stream? For 6 quid, it's pretty shoddy.

I've watched a Celtic stream over here (v Hibs at a Celtic supporters club) and they put it on a big screen via a projector - it was a far superior stream and yet was also coming from Easter Road!

Bet365 also has far better streams for nowt.

I can watch the HI streams either on the TV or the projector with no problems, I spent a lot of time making sure I was set up correctly and made sure I had a good ISP. I have not missed any part of any streamed game now for close on 3 yrs.

As for the links to the game, front page top select Hibernian TV, top of next screen move curser over Match Live and choose live video. Bottom of next page is two options to pay, if payment already made choose Watch Live on left hand side. In my case if I have paid I do not need to sign it it goes straight to the live video.

The one gripe I have is how late they leave it before starting the stream, it doesn't leave any time to fix any problems. I did email suggesting they broadcast a picture of the East stand with no commentry so people would be assured their stream is working well in advance of the game ( 15-20 mins) I got a response saying they would look at adopting this idea.

99 times out of a 100 the reason for poor video is down to your own set up or poor bandwidth from the ISP.

Steve-O
04-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I can watch the HI streams either on the TV or the projector with no problems, I spent a lot of time making sure I was set up correctly and made sure I had a good ISP. I have not missed any part of any streamed game now for close on 3 yrs.

As for the links to the game, front page top select Hibernian TV, top of next screen move curser over Match Live and choose live video. Bottom of next page is two options to pay, if payment already made choose Watch Live on left hand side. In my case if I have paid I do not need to sign it it goes straight to the live video.

The one gripe I have is how late they leave it before starting the stream, it doesn't leave any time to fix any problems. I did email suggesting they broadcast a picture of the East stand with no commentry so people would be assured their stream is working well in advance of the game ( 15-20 mins) I got a response saying they would look at adopting this idea.

99 times out of a 100 the reason for poor video is down to your own set up or poor bandwidth from the ISP.

I'd have to disagree with that last stat considering I can watch other streams/videos without issue and they are good quality, using the exact same set up.

I'm not sure how to find an ISP that works well with Hibs TV specifically??

Definitely agree they need to start the stream earlier, it appears there was no stream for the first 15 minutes of the game last night for many people and that's just not really acceptable service.

PeeJay
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
We are not the OF - we do not have the fan base they have and the amount of subscribers to their live stream (which is usally pretty good), unlike ours which is watchable at best - still I would have thought that a higher resolution stream was possible nowadays with larger broadbands volumes being available everywhere and at reasonable fees?

They used to broadcast 30 mins plus before the game, they've changed that policy for some reason - seems next season everything will be different/better.

However, failing to stream the first 15 minutes of a Hibs v Hearts derby at ER is a pretty poor show though, no matter how you look at it.