PDA

View Full Version : Question Evening News Question of the Week - Right back v Celtic?

FansViews
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Who should Hibs play at right back against Celtic, particularly given current first choice Richie Towell is ineligible, and why?

Answers, together with your name and location, to fansviews@albagobragh.com for inclusion in Monday's paper :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Don't think he's injured. Won't the problem arise because he'll be ineligible to face the club he's on loan from? :confused:

Arch Stanton
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Don't think he's injured. Won't the problem arise because he'll be ineligible to face the club he's on loan from? :confused:

Maybe not, the problem would also arise if the Hearts fans rile him up with sectarian abuse and he loses the rag completely and gets sent off for a crippling tackle on Skacel then he would be ineligible because of that, never mind the loan business.

Indeed, who's to say he won't get injured tomorrow? As he is sent off he might take a kick at an imaginary ball and fall over, twisting and breaking his ankle.
In that case, none of the above possibilities would matter. :agree:

FansViews
02-04-2011, 07:05 PM

You're right - my mistake, now amended!

Sir David Gray
02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
You're right - my mistake, now amended!

pheewww!

You had me worried there about tomorrow! :greengrin

Westie1875
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe not, the problem would also arise if the Hearts fans rile him up with sectarian abuse and he loses the rag completely and gets sent off for a crippling tackle on Skacel then he would be ineligible because of that, never mind the loan business.

Indeed, who's to say he won't get injured tomorrow? As he is sent off he might take a kick at an imaginary ball and fall over, twisting and breaking his ankle.
In that case, none of the above possibilities would matter. :agree:

So, theoretically Towell could get a wee bit over excited in the last minute of the game and go into a tackle a tiny bit late and a tiny bit too hard ( :wink: ) and he would be punished by being banned for a match he already isn't allowed to play in?

Interesting....... :hmmm: :devil:

Arch Stanton
02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
So, theoretically Towell could get a wee bit over excited in the last minute of the game and go into a tackle a tiny bit late and a tiny bit too hard ( :wink: ) and he would be punished by being banned for a match he already isn't allowed to play in?

Interesting....... :hmmm: :devil:

:agree: Certainly more interesting than who will be playing at RB on Wednesday I agree. I'm sure CC knows better than any of us who should play there anyway.

FansViews
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Bump!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
David Wotherspoon for me. Good engine and pace which will be required if up against Izaguirre.