PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bigots

Moulin Yarns
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Celtc game cancelled, so they're all getting bevvied on Pitlochry. First song I hear has IRA, FTQ and UDA in it. Both as bad as each other. IMHO

Jack
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Report them to the police!

--------
02-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Celtc game cancelled, so they're all getting bevvied on Pitlochry. First song I hear has IRA, FTQ and UDA in it. Both as bad as each other. IMHO

Oh lucky you!

An Oirish folk-song revival come to your town, all for free. :rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh lucky you!

An Oirish folk-song revival come to your town, all for free. :rolleyes:

Never heard an Irish folk song with FTQ or UDA in it. IRA yes, but not the provo's. :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Report them to the police!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/comment/herald-letters/why-the-fans-who-sing-songs-of-hate-are-committing-an-offence-1.1093147

I was called to attend a case as an expert witness in a sheriff court in which the accused were charged under Section 74 of the Criminal Justice ( Scotland) Act 2003 with committing a breach of the peace aggravated by religious prejudice. I can only surmise that I was asked to take part in these proceedings because I had advised civil servants during the time of the McConnell government on anti-sectarian policy and also edited an academic study, Scotland’s Shame ? Bigotry and Sectarianism in Modern Scotland, published in 2000.

The accused were charged with singing sectarian songs in a public place. They stated they had indeed sung the Fields of Athenry as they were supporters of Glasgow Celtic and that the song was a firm favourite among the Parkhead crowd. However, they denied they had sung any other lyrics, suggested by the Crown, which included such phrases as “up the IRA”, “the black beret” and “Bobby Sands” .

Early in the proceedings the Sheriff ruled that the Fields of Athenry was an Irish folk ballad and in no way could be construed as having sectarian overtones. The court then proceeded to hear submissions on whether references to the IRA, especially those which implied approval of that organisation, could be considered an offence aggravated by religious prejudice under the 2003 legislation.

To understand which followed next it is important to be aware of the specifics of the Act. It states that an offence is aggravated by religious prejudice if : (a) “the offender evinces towards the victim (if any) of the offence malice and ill-will based on the victim’s membership or presumed membership of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation; or (b) the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by malice and ill-will towards members of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, based on their membership of that group”. The key issue therefore was: Could vocal approval of the IRA in a public place be considered not simply a potential breach of the peace but one aggravated by religious prejudice? The sheriff listened to the evidence, including my own statement, and the various submissions on this question both by defence lawyers and the Crown. He concluded that doubtless some members of the public might take offence at songs being sung in support of an organisation which the UK Government considered to be a terrorist movement. Nonetheless, he ruled that the IRA was a republican military organisation, was not sectarian in intent and that those who showed support for it, real or rhetorical, were not showing “malice or ill will towards members of a religious group’’. The charge could not therefore be sustained under the 2003 legislation and the accusation of a religiously aggravated breach was dismissed.

So that's alright then.

Moulin Yarns
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
update on their behaviour. One did a dump in a shop changing room. Loads of smashed bottles and glasses. They avoided the shop my wife works in, The Highland Soap Company.

Keith_M
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
update on their behaviour. One did a dump in a shop changing room. Loads of smashed bottles and glasses. They avoided the shop my wife works in, The Highland Soap Company.

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
03-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Hearts are up to their knees again in Fenian blood (83 mins) majority of them sung it:agree:

The_Todd
03-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Walking to the game all I heard was the Billy Boys with full fenian blood lyrics. They can pretend all they like but they do have a fair number of bigots in their support.

Andy74
03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Couple of Jambos on my train just now singing about priests and kids and something about RAF bombers.

hibee4life1983
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
They really are **** eh?

seanraff07
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Couple of Jambos on my train just now singing about priests and kids and something about RAF bombers.

*****, the lot of them.

New Corrie
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
They really are **** eh?

Who?

Moulin Yarns
04-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I found out this morning the self proclaimed "best fans in the world" were removed from Aviemore by the police because a number of flat screen tellies were ripped off walls in pubs in the town.

Why the Highland police never saw fit to warn their colleagues in Tayside escapes me. It was obvious the Celtc **** would stop at the next convenient place down the A9.

So, to reiterate:

Tellies ripped from walls in Aviemore

amd in Pitlochry, all of the following:
Shoplifting
smashing glasses and bottles
disrupting traffic
singing songs in support of their favourite organisation (who incidentally killed on Saturday morning a policeman in Northern Ireland because he was catholic)
Doing a dump in the changing room of at least one shop.

If you know any Celtc supporters please feal free to point this out to them and let me know their response/excuse.