PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Advice

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Hoping someone can help me with some tattoo advice.

I'm looking to add to my collection of body art and have decided to go all out and get a whole shoulder piece/half sleeve done. I've got 2 or 3 main parts i want but the rest i'm looking to give the artist a bit license to fill as he sees fit. I'm really looking to stay away from any kind of tribal, polynesian etc designs.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend an artisst who is particularly good at free hand tattooing? Heard some good things about Tribal on the Royal Mile and Love Hate at Newington but other suggestions welcome.

Had all my previous work done at Ace in Gorgie but they made a bit of a mess of my last one including spelling a word wrong that had to be fixed so looking for somewhere else as this will be my biggest to date.

Any help much appreciated.

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Tribe on West Nicholson street..

Have a look back at my replies on other tattoo threads regarding this place!

Dutch guy called Rob works in there, I've been tattooed in a few of Edinburghs "top" studios but he is head and shoulders above everyone else!

Cannot big this guy up enough!

Pop in and book a consultation with him mate :aok:

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM

Dutch guy called Rob works in there, I've been tattooed in a few of Edinburghs "top" studios but he is head and shoulders above everyone else!

Spot on, i'll check him out. Cheers.:aok:

The_Exile
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Can vouch for Rob, had a tattoo done by him a few years back, nice bloke, dunno if this will work but have attached a link to a pic of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mentalbairns/5580269509/

Pete
01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Don't know if its the same one the op is on about but the one on jeffrey street just off the royal mile is rated by a few guys I know.
If you're going for it you might as well get it right.

HNA6
02-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Hoping someone can help me with some tattoo advice.

I'm looking to add to my collection of body art and have decided to go all out and get a whole shoulder piece/half sleeve done. I've got 2 or 3 main parts i want but the rest i'm looking to give the artist a bit license to fill as he sees fit. I'm really looking to stay away from any kind of tribal, polynesian etc designs.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend an artisst who is particularly good at free hand tattooing? Heard some good things about Tribal on the Royal Mile and Love Hate at Newington but other suggestions welcome.

Had all my previous work done at Ace in Gorgie but they made a bit of a mess of my last one including spelling a word wrong that had to be fixed so looking for somewhere else as this will be my biggest to date.

Any help much appreciated.I used Dragonheart Tattoo in Porty for my hibs tattoo, superb artists & very trustworthy, im going for another next week ..

http://www.dragonhearttattoouk.com/

SlickShoes
02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Paul Slifer from red hot and blue tattoo is the best for me. He has done all but one of my tattoos and if he wasnt so hard to book he would have done all mine.

You will probably have to wait 1 month + to get an appointment with Paul but it is worth it.

He customised everything i have wanted, i go in with a basic idea and he takes it to a whole new level, he also done some freehand on my sleeve too, all excellent work.

fat freddy
02-04-2011, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;2769889]Hoping someone can help me with some tattoo advice.

dont do it...it will be a big blue blob in 20 years and you'll spend a fortune getting skin grafts...tattoos,like everything else have a fashion time line...the 'celtic' bands that everyone and their dog was getting ten years ago now look sad and faded...the girls with the daft flowers at the bottom of their backs now look like middle aged fashion victims....the 'sleeved' look will follow this course and in 20 years anyone who is sleeved will be pointed at in the street and laughed at the same way i do now to kids with their trousers round their thighs and their pants on show...listen to someone with an ugly blue blob on the shoulder pretty boy....you will regret it!

ArabHibee
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;2769889]Hoping someone can help me with some tattoo advice.

dont do it...it will be a big blue blob in 20 years and you'll spend a fortune getting skin grafts...tattoos,like everything else have a fashion time line...the 'celtic' bands that everyone and their dog was getting ten years ago now look sad and faded...the girls with the daft flowers at the bottom of their backs now look like middle aged fashion victims....the 'sleeved' look will follow this course and in 20 years anyone who is sleeved will be pointed at in the street and laughed at the same way i do now to kids with their trousers round their thighs and their pants on show...listen to someone with an ugly blue blob on the shoulder pretty boy....you will regret it!

"Tramp stamp" is the correct terminology I believe. And very well described if I may say so. :tee hee: