PDA

View Full Version : yams have got it in the bag...

coco22
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
all the yams i have had the pleasure of talking to over the last week seriously think sunday is going to be a walk in the park. i think they are going to get a shock when pallson and scott start putting it about, sodje starts knockin folk over and vaz te runs at them. our boys are going to be well up for it and i have faith that they will put in the performance that the team, the fans and this fixture require.

m'on the hibs
:cgwa

bingo70
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
all the yams i have had the pleasure of talking to over the last week seriously think sunday is going to be a walk in the park. i think they are going to get a shock when pallson and scott start putting it about, sodje starts knockin folk over and vaz te runs at them. our boys are going to be well up for it and i have faith that they will put in the performance that the team, the fans and this fixture require.

m'on the hibs
:cgwa

I might be lucky enough to work with a few decent jamboids but i've got an entirely impression from them this week, the guys i work with are far from convinced Hearts are as good as there league placing suggests and think they are due a beating.

I think a lot of jambos would take a draw if offered it now.

7Hero
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Every jambo I have spoke to is worried about the game which usually means we lose

bingo70
01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Every jambo I have spoke to is worried about the game which usually means we lose

:agree:

Couldn't agree more, i feel guilty for being confident on sunday cos i know that pre-derby confidence and hibs don't go well together.

7Hero
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
I've never been confident at a derby you enjoy the feeling while it lasts though lol

coco22
01-04-2011, 04:55 PM
:agree:

Couldn't agree more, i feel guilty for being confident on sunday cos i know that pre-derby confidence and hibs don't go well together.

not going to claim to be confident of a result, but more confident in the team's effort and application

hibsbollah
01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Im confident. The only reason to claim not be confident when you really are is the fear of a yamfest of told-you-so's and GIRUYs in the event of being wrong, but i dont care. Sodje and the rest will bully them for 90 minutes and we win.

.Sean.
01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Every jambo I have spoke to is worried about the game which usually means we loseOne of my good mates follows them home and away and he's not very confident at all.

Hibercelona
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Skacel is also a world class player and the top midfielder in Scotland.... :rolleyes:

Oh well thats that settled then... lets just no bother turning up. :boo hoo:

BT58
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
****boes in my work are unusually
quiet!!!!
To be honest,, i would prefer us to
have a media blackout and let us do
The talking on the park
Mind you the tarts are on a run of 5
its got to be stopped and soon

Arch Stanton
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
They are really talking themselves up a storm over on Kickback and who can blame them - they do "own Hibs" as regards derbies after all.

And of, course, our recent run of results has been against bottom 6 opposition and Hearts are up there in the top three remember.

And even if JJ is still in the process of rebuilding Hearts to achieve the success Vlad has always promised them, a stroll in the park victory over us on Sunday will be a nice fillip for them in the meantime.

So, however good our new signings are they will just have to accept that they are playing a superior team.

And however good CC is as a manager he just isn't JJ and never will be! :agree:

Jim44
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Don't be fooled by their pretend 'nervousness'. They all think that they are absolute certainties and probably with good reason ( we would think the same if the shoe was on the other foot). Present form and results don't come into it. I think a draw would be a good result for us .

Hibercelona
01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't be fooled by their pretend 'nervousness'. They all think that they are absolute certainties and probably with good reason ( we would think the same if the shoe was on the other foot). Present form and results don't come into it. I think a draw would be a good result for us .

Sorry Jim. Got to disagree with you there. We should never consider a draw against them to be good enough, regardless of the circumstances.

If we don't beat them, i'll be spewing. :jamboak:

Diclonius
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM

It would in terms or our form this season, but not in terms of:

1. We'll have failed to beat them in two consecutive seasons.
2. We will most certainly fail to make the top 6.
3. It'll be over two years since our last derby win.
4. I am fed up of seeing us bend over for those *****.

I am sick of seeing them go home happy, and make no mistake if we get a draw then they will. Under the current circumstances only a win will be good for us, and I'm expecting - not in confidence, but in hope - that on Sunday.

Greentinted
01-04-2011, 06:37 PM
It would in terms or our form this season, but not in terms of:

1. We'll have failed to beat them in two consecutive seasons.
2. We will most certainly fail to make the top 6.
3. It'll be over two years since our last derby win.
4. I am fed up of seeing us bend over for those *****.

I am sick of seeing them go home happy, and make no mistake if we get a draw then they will. Under the current circumstances only a win will be good for us, and I'm expecting - not in confidence, but in hope - that on Sunday.

This one is a hard one to call. Last Derby, Hearts were very much in the ascendancy and we were very much in transition. I'm not one for glib predictions but as far as I'm concerned we have shown Hearts far too much respect latterly.

They're decent (in a bustling, well organised, bleed your eyes kinda way) but they're no world beaters. If we go in to mix it up, get in their faces then I believe they will buckle, or at worst be in a state of disconcert.

Again, Jeffries will have them drilled but lets no kid ourselves, Jeffries is no Scala, Robson, Hertzel or Hiddink. He's a no bad manager of one of the slightly better teams (not clubs) in arguably one of the worst senior leagues in the world. Not only are they beatable, they should be worried and its up to us to worry them. And as for Locke the cock, dig out some of his inane comments and reports of his chav behaviour, amplify it and rise above his gutter. We are the people's club, the only proper Edinburgh Football Club in Edinburgh. And that, my friends, is the end of it.

Colin Calderwood is an astute, shrewd, circumspect man who conducts himself as all true Hibbies should, a man who has invigorated and galvanised an improved squad and support, so lets no worry about our visitors and go out with the intention of 90 minute domination - both on and off the field of play!

Diclonius
01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
This one is a hard one to call. Last Derby, Hearts were very much in the ascendancy and we were very much in transition. I'm not one for glib predictions but as far as I'm concerned we have shown Hearts far too much respect latterly.

They're decent (in a bustling, well organised, bleed your eyes kinda way) but they're no world beaters. If we go in to mix it up, get in their faces then I believe they will buckle, or at worst be in a state of disconcert.

Again, Jeffries will have them drilled but lets no kid ourselves, Jeffries is no Scala, Robson, Hertzel or Hiddink. He's a no bad manager of one of the slightly better teams (not clubs) in arguably one of the worst senior leagues in the world. Not only are they beatable, they should be worried and its up to us to worry them. And as for Locke the cock, dig out some of his inane comments and reports of his chav behaviour, amplify it and rise above his gutter. We are the people's club, the only proper Edinburgh Football Club in Edinburgh. And that, my friends, is the end of it.

Colin Calderwood is an astute, shrewd, circumspect man who conducts himself as all true Hibbies should, a man who has invigorated and galvanised an improved squad and support, so lets no worry about our visitors and go out with the intention of 90 minute domination - both on and off the field of play!

I hope you're right. :agree:

FromTheCapital
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
All my jambo pals feel Hearts are going to win by 2-3 goals.

By god there gonna be in for a shock come Sunday...

Greenblood70
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Any jambos I've spoken to say they've not been playing too well since end of Jan and are genuinely nervous about Sunday.

I reckon it's got nil nil written all over it, which given our predicament not so long ago is a decent upturn in fortunes.

As long as we compete and don't surrender the all too familiar sucker punch i'll be reasonably happy with our progress.

:flag::flag:

wazoo1875
01-04-2011, 07:29 PM

Very good post mate :aok:
I agree entirely with the content, Mon the Hibs :flag:

erin go bragh
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
NO NO NO, a draw in no way would be a good result for us ,2 seasons without beating they cretins is a disaster not a good result :confused: it has to be a win to be a good result :agree:
ggtth
:flag:

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I won't fell confident until Boabster (:trumpet:) predicts an easy win for the yams.

Over on Kickback theres a thread discussing being nervous for Sunday. Most are similar to here and say the usual nervous before every derby, form/league positions goes out the window etc then the usual strokers, Le Chat, Therapist etc come along and predict big wins for them.

We'll win on Sunday, i truly believe that.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Really good post :thumbsup: I normally have a good read through before saying what Ithink on these occasions and this does it for me, I am very hopeful / expecting to win. The bets on. C'mon Hibs.

matty_f
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
They are really talking themselves up a storm over on Kickback and who can blame them - they do "own Hibs" as regards derbies after all.

And of, course, our recent run of results has been against bottom 6 opposition and Hearts are up there in the top three remember.

And even if JJ is still in the process of rebuilding Hearts to achieve the success Vlad has always promised them, a stroll in the park victory over us on Sunday will be a nice fillip for them in the meantime.

So, however good our new signings are they will just have to accept that they are playing a superior team.

And however good CC is as a manager he just isn't JJ and never will be! :agree:

Don't believe the hype - our run will get talked down, but we included wins against ICT (who were, IIRC, top 6 at the time we played them), and Killie (who scudded the Yams twice at home this season.)

Yes we also beat teams round about us, but they weren't the only victories.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I think the Hearts fans should be extremely confident of victory on Sunday.

They are 26 points ahead of us at the moment and have been miles ahead of us for pretty much the whole of this season.

Our record against them is absolutely horrendous.

We haven't scored against them from open play in 281 minutes.

Yes we are playing much better than we were two months ago and our players should go into this match with confidence but I've lost count of the amount of times that we've gone into a derby in fairly good form and Hearts' form has been poor and as soon as we come up against them, we seem to become a totally different side and not in a good way.

I think I'll wait until 2.30pm on Sunday before displaying any signs of confidence.

hibsbollah
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I think I'll wait until 2.30pm on Sunday before displaying any signs of confidence.

But the game will be over then. You'll look pretty stupid being 'confident' about something thats already happened.:greengrin

Septimus
02-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Don't think that we will be pushed around as easily as we have for some time past. The main thing is that Hibs are truly competative and leave the field with dignity intact at the end of the ninety minutes.

Please NO STUPID SENDINGS OFF.